Phill-Xiongfeng

The recent CSC data shows why no visas are out.

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Hello Everyone. Now I don't know this for a fact, but I noticed some information and realized why most of our visas are sadly getting shoved aside for other types of visas. Obviously if anyone was thinking this it is correct.

In Aug 2010 almost 640,000 visas were issued that's over 100,000 more than the national average on record. So who got all the visas? unfortunately not us...

A recent spike in I-765 (some not major) and I-821 (major spike) shows what the CSC workers on I-129F and I-130 have been busy doing. They took the workers away from these departments more than any other (I'm assuming after noticed no other major drops in other visas being issued) and put them to work on I-821s. Sadly if you look at this chart the spike was still going up rapidly and who knows when it might stop. By the way I-821 are temporary protective status visas.

No maybe I'm missing something obvious and I apologize if I am, but I do not know the reason for this and unfortunately no end appears in sight. Anyway I'm not here to judge I just noticed this appears to be where the visa workers are concentrating on right now and it appears, at least from August data that this depart is growing extremely fast and will need to use many workers for a long time. I do pray I'm wrong and it had a major turn around, but people do need to be protect I guess for whatever reason.

Thanks for your time,

Best of luck to everyone!

Here is the CSC data

I-821 http://dashboard.uscis.gov/index.cfm?formtype=21&office=2&charttype=1

I-129F http://dashboard.uscis.gov/index.cfm?formtype=6&office=2&charttype=1

I-130 http://dashboard.uscis.gov/index.cfm?formtype=4&office=2&charttype=1 I hope this is the right I-130.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Sorry I probably titled this wrong as this is just speculation on my part after reviewing the data. The data is all from USCIS web site that I used. I can't say this is the only or main reason for the visas, just my educated guess:innocent:

Edited by Phill-Xiongfeng

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline

Hi, you are not wrong at all. While awaiting the scheduling of my wifes interview in Kenya, I was finally able to discuss the issue with an NVC supervisor who indicated the same thing. She said that there are several visa types out there which have been in limbo for a very long time and have not been processed, therefore through a presendential initiative, NVC and USCIS began making them priority over 129F and I-130 applications.

However, I would not let this bother you much because it doesn't mean that your application will necessarily deferred! Ours took an extra couple of months. Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

if you look at this chart the spike was still going up rapidly and who knows when it might stop. By the way I-821 are temporary protective status visas.

Interesting analysis. Do you have any information regarding the reason for the recent spike in I-821's?

Also, the USCIS data only goes through August 2010. A similar spike peaked at about the same amount in January 2009, with a huge drop in February 2009. Is there any information that might indicate how much longer (after August 2010) the spike will continue?

Of course, California seems to be processing some I-129F's now, but Vermont seems to have slowed.

As many have noticed, a lot of I-130 cases got transferred this week from CSC to Texas for processing. Finally, CSC has done something to balance out the processing delays in other areas. With less cases to process, lets hope that things will either continue to get processed within that 5 month timeframe, or if we are really lucky, they might speed up a little. Not getting my hopes up for the latter though.

06-15?-2009: Starting talking on dating website
07-06-2009: Met in person in Roseville, CA
09-09-2010: Sent I-129f to TXS Lockbox
09-13-2010: NOA1 received
02-02-2011: NOA2 Notification Sent - Approved!!!
02-04-2011: NVC Received
02-09-2011: NVS sent to Vancouver consulate
02-14-2011: Received by Vancouver Consulate
02-15-2011: Packet 3 sent by Vancouver Consulate
02-18-2011: Packet 3 received
02-18-2011: Packet 3 sent back to consulate
02-19-2011: Interview date received!!! Letter on its way!
03-23-2011: Medical at Woking Clinic, Vancouver BC (AM)
03-23-2011: Interview at Vancouver Consulate (PM)
03-23-2011: APPROVED for K-1 Visa!!!! biggrin.png
04-27-2011: POE
05-03-2011: Sent AOS, AP applications
05-06-2011: NOA1 received for AOS and AP
05-06-2011: Applied for SSN. Application successful
05-09-2011: Received SSN by visiting local card center
05-10-2011: Biometrics appointment notice, June 1, 2011.
05-13-2011: Received SSN Card in Mail
06-01-2011: Biometrics appt. in Sacramento, CA
09-16-2011: EAD approved
09-26-2011: AOS Interview in Sacramento
09-26-2011: Green Card (2 yr conditional) granted

02-03-2013: Separated - Return to Canada

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I would certainly hope that whatever is slowing down the service centers passes quite soon as I'm about to file for an I-129F myself. We're all impatient with this paperwork because we just want to be with those we love. I am wondering about all those I-821s though and why there's such a huge amount of them.

I would certainly hope that whatever is slowing down the service centers passes quite soon as I'm about to file for an I-129F myself. We're all impatient with this paperwork because we just want to be with those we love. I am wondering about all those I-821s though and why there's such a huge amount of them.

I am guessing that the huge amount of I-821 forms being processed, has alot to do with what is going on in Haiti. The form is to apply for temporary immigration status granted to eligible nationals of designated countries. At the moment Haiti is one of those designated countries.

Oh joy! That makes sense as to why both service centers have slowed way down on their fiance(e) and spousal visa processing.

ROC Timeline

4-26-13------Eligible to file for ROC

6-17-13------Sent off I-751 Package

6-19-13------VSC Received our package. Signed for by K. Fitzgerald

6-24-13------Received NOA in the mail, dated 6-20-13

6-24-13------Check Cashed

7-05-13------Received Biometrics Appointment letter in the mail for 7-18-13

7-18-13------Biometrics done

8-20-13------Case Transferred to CSC for further processing

8-24-13------Transfer notice arrived in the mail today

10-21-13----ROC Approved!

10-25-13----Received approval letter in the mail

10-28-13----Production of 10 Yr Green Card ordered

11-01-13----Card has been mailed!....Received USPS tracking number

11-04-13----10yr Green Card arrived in the mail today....Yay!!

2gsxvmz.png

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I am guessing that the huge amount of I-821 forms being processed, has alot to do with what is going on in Haiti. The form is to apply for temporary immigration status granted to eligible nationals of designated countries. At the moment Haiti is one of those designated countries.

Oh joy! That makes sense as to why both service centers have slowed way down on their fiance(e) and spousal visa processing.

I have also read that the I-821 and maybe the I-765 are time sensitive and must be processed during a certain period of time.

02iqn7wnr.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.