ryna

K1 "additional processing" at NVC after NOA2

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

After receiving our NOA2 last week, I called NVC to get my consulate case #. They gave it to me but also told me that it was in "additional processing" and there was no info regarding how long it would be.

I then found this in the K1 guide:

"For K-1 Visa's the NVC's role is to process the file, run initial background checks on beneficiary (emphasis mine), repackage the I-129f and then send it to the recipient Consulate/Embassy. An internal tracking code for the I-129f package is generated and sent to the US Citizen petitioner."

I'm hoping this "additional processing" is actually the norm, especially for a beneficiary who was previously unknown to the US gov't (has never been here, has no prior visa applications and has never had any contact in the past with the US gov't for any reason whatsoever) and that maybe I was only told that because I called too early (Day 3), before the check had been performed and, most definitely, before it could have possibly been forwarded to the consulate.

Now, should I continue to call NVC each day to see if it has been forwarded to the consulate (as is suggested here on VJ)?

Should we still start to gather what we'll need (police certs, foreign travel records, birth certs, I-134, bank/tax records, etc.) for our interview like it is suggested to do upon receiving the NOA2?

Are these K1 "additional processing" cases usually passed along to the consulate in short order or could this be like waiting for USCIS all over again? After spending 4-1/2 months at VSC, we are really trying to make up for some lost time by being in front of them at the consulate stage but now I'm not sure if it's OK for us to proceed as planned? I don't want to have to gather everything a second time because they've expired or are otherwise outdated.

Part of me says this is a normal part of the process and nothing to even think about, but another part says "Oh no, now what?"

Anyone have experience with this?

N-400

Feb. 12, 2016 - Sent N-400 to USCIS (3-year rule)

Feb. 19, 2016 - NOA1

Mar. 14, 2016 - Biometrics

June 2, 2016 - Interview - Recommended for Approval

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Sorry you were selected for AP, but here is some further information for you:

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/National_Visa_Center#Administrative_Processing_at_NVC

It should take about one and half months for the AP to conclude, as it seems they do this randomly just for additional verification.

Good luck and hang in there !

CR-1 Visa Was Approved :-)

Entry Date to USA: 2/3/2011

12-10-2012 - Sent off I-751 packet visa USPS

I751 Was approved - 10 Year GC was granted

N-400 Progress

4/10/2014: Package Mailed
4/11/2014: Package Received
4/14/2014: Notice Date
x/x/2014: Biometrics appointment

Hello ..if you haven't already seen the "Stuck at NVC" thread have a look at that.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/165644-stuck-nvc-for-ap/

We were stuck there back when they first starting subjecting K1's to AP, late in 2008, and nobody could tell us much about what was going on, or why. The lady that I was interviewed by did tell me it was random.

I was in email conversation with the consulate in Auckland,and so based on having the NVC number they sent packet three out to me. I had the medical, and everything else all done by the time the consulate had the e file, and had an appointment for the interview set up right away. I went ahead and got everything all done well before, just as though we hadn't struck trouble at NVC. When we finally got out, we were more than ready to roll.

Good luck, I was reading earlier tonight that times have come way way down :thumbs:

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

After receiving our NOA2 last week, I called NVC to get my consulate case #. They gave it to me but also told me that it was in "additional processing" and there was no info regarding how long it would be.

I then found this in the K1 guide:

"For K-1 Visa's the NVC's role is to process the file, run initial background checks on beneficiary (emphasis mine), repackage the I-129f and then send it to the recipient Consulate/Embassy. An internal tracking code for the I-129f package is generated and sent to the US Citizen petitioner."

I'm hoping this "additional processing" is actually the norm, especially for a beneficiary who was previously unknown to the US gov't (has never been here, has no prior visa applications and has never had any contact in the past with the US gov't for any reason whatsoever) and that maybe I was only told that because I called too early (Day 3), before the check had been performed and, most definitely, before it could have possibly been forwarded to the consulate.

Now, should I continue to call NVC each day to see if it has been forwarded to the consulate (as is suggested here on VJ)?

Should we still start to gather what we'll need (police certs, foreign travel records, birth certs, I-134, bank/tax records, etc.) for our interview like it is suggested to do upon receiving the NOA2?

Are these K1 "additional processing" cases usually passed along to the consulate in short order or could this be like waiting for USCIS all over again? After spending 4-1/2 months at VSC, we are really trying to make up for some lost time by being in front of them at the consulate stage but now I'm not sure if it's OK for us to proceed as planned? I don't want to have to gather everything a second time because they've expired or are otherwise outdated.

Part of me says this is a normal part of the process and nothing to even think about, but another part says "Oh no, now what?"

Anyone have experience with this?

I dont think it will take one and a half months to conclude. AP should not take longer than 2weeks however there are some that stay longer. There is an NVC thread here on VJ and most people are out of AP in about 15working days me included although my timeline says 22 days that included the weekends but it was only really there for 15 working days. Yes you should go ahead and start compiling the other docs for the interview. You are not the only person in AP so dont get discouraged it will be over in no time....So collect the things you need to collect for the interview and by the time you are done collecting those things you should be out of AP and by all means YES please call the NVC everyday you never know it may be sooner rather than later....GOOD LUCK

November 5, 2010 Interview 7am APPROVED!!!!!! (6months 4weeks 1day) THANK YOU LORD!!!!!

(look at my about me page in my profile if you want to see my entire k1 journey)

AOS Journey:

Feb.4, 2011 Mailed AOS packet

Feb. 7, 2011 Pkt delivered in Chicago

Feb. 10, 2011 Received txt and email of NOA for AOS, EAD, and AP

Feb. 11, 2011 Check cashed for AOS

Feb. 12, 2011 Touched

Feb. 14, 2011 received hard copy of NOA for AOS, EAD& AP

Feb. 18, 2011 received appt letter for biometrics

Feb. 28, 2011 biometrics appt @10am

Feb. 28, 2011 received txt/email AOS case transferred to csc

Mar 1, 2011 AOS Touched

Mar 3, 2011 received hard copy of AOS transfer to csc

Mar 4, 2011 AOS Touched

Mar 28, 2011 Received txt/email saying card production has been ordered. (1month 3eeks 3days)

Mar 28, 2011 Received 2nd txt/email saying we have registered this customer permanent residence status

Mar 29, 2011 Received 3rd txt/email says card production has been ordered.

April 1, 2011 greencard and welcome letter in hand!!

April 5, 2011 received txt/email EAD card production ordered

Will Start Removing Conditions Dec 2012!!!!

Dec. 26, 2012 mailed ROC paperwork

Dec. 28, 2012 NOA for ROC paperwork

Jan. 7, 2013 received bio appt letter

Jan. 24, 2013 bio appt.

June 22, 2013 10yr green card received

68z00wwuiyl.png

Timeline

Thanks, everyone. This makes me feel a little better.

Where can I find these average K1 NVC AP processing times or is that just from reading what other VJs have said recently elsewhere? If it's really averaging just two weeks or so, that's not so bad, especially since we've pretty much decided to wait until January for her to come here even if she has her visa in Nov. or Dec. (We've decided to spend the holidays with her family there no matter what.)

N-400

Feb. 19, 2016 - NOA1

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Thanks, everyone. This makes me feel a little better.

Where can I find these average K1 NVC AP processing times or is that just from reading what other VJs have said recently elsewhere? If it's really averaging just two weeks or so, that's not so bad, especially since we've pretty much decided to wait until January for her to come here even if she has her visa in Nov. or Dec. (We've decided to spend the holidays with her family there no matter what.)

you cant find the avg K1 NVC AP processing times anywhere it is really just based off of other VJers input and what they have said you know what the members have said who were stuck in AP a member put the link on here so just click on the link in a prior post and read what the people are saying who are "STUCK IN AP" I think you will gather a census of about two weeks no more than 30days from what you read so sorry no official place for a timeline just prior experience that others have posted which is probably better than a guesstimated timeline anyway...GOOD LUCK

November 5, 2010 Interview 7am APPROVED!!!!!! (6months 4weeks 1day) THANK YOU LORD!!!!!

(look at my about me page in my profile if you want to see my entire k1 journey)

AOS Journey:

Feb.4, 2011 Mailed AOS packet

Feb. 7, 2011 Pkt delivered in Chicago

Feb. 10, 2011 Received txt and email of NOA for AOS, EAD, and AP

Feb. 11, 2011 Check cashed for AOS

Feb. 12, 2011 Touched

Feb. 14, 2011 received hard copy of NOA for AOS, EAD& AP

Feb. 18, 2011 received appt letter for biometrics

Feb. 28, 2011 biometrics appt @10am

Feb. 28, 2011 received txt/email AOS case transferred to csc

Mar 1, 2011 AOS Touched

Mar 3, 2011 received hard copy of AOS transfer to csc

Mar 4, 2011 AOS Touched

Mar 28, 2011 Received txt/email saying card production has been ordered. (1month 3eeks 3days)

Mar 28, 2011 Received 2nd txt/email saying we have registered this customer permanent residence status

Mar 29, 2011 Received 3rd txt/email says card production has been ordered.

April 1, 2011 greencard and welcome letter in hand!!

April 5, 2011 received txt/email EAD card production ordered

Will Start Removing Conditions Dec 2012!!!!

Dec. 26, 2012 mailed ROC paperwork

Dec. 28, 2012 NOA for ROC paperwork

Jan. 7, 2013 received bio appt letter

Jan. 24, 2013 bio appt.

June 22, 2013 10yr green card received

68z00wwuiyl.png

Timeline

I just spoke with NVC and while the agent told me that it was still present at NVC and hadn't been forwarded yet, it had only been received on 8/26 (2 business days, today being number 3). No mention at all of "additional processing" so who knows?

I will definitely be checking again tomorrow and until I hear it's on its way...

N-400

Feb. 19, 2016 - NOA1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.