danimead

It IS possible to expedite EAD

25 posts in this topic

After looking through the threads related to this, it appears that if the person has a job offer that will provide a good portion of the couple's income then that equals severe financial loss. ***I'm not entirely sure how the evidence was submitted but I suspect it might have been included in the AOS package or sent in later with a copy of the NOA1, before a phone call was made.

***My evidence was submitted to the National Benefits Center (where my application was filed) by FAX.

This fax was sent by the staff of my district's US Congressman on my behalf.

Edited by danimead

04/08/2010 AOS package received Chicago Lockbox (DAY 1)

04/15/2010 Touch [i-765.I-465.I-130] (DAY 8)

04/17/2010 NOA's received (DAY 10)

04/19/2010 Touch [i-765.I-465.I-130] (DAY 12)

04/22/2010 Biometrics Letter Received - appointment set for 05/17/2010 (DAY 16)

04/23/2010 Biometrics completed via walk-in, Touch [i-765.I-465] (DAY 17)

04/26/2010 Touch I-485 & I-765 (DAY 19)

04/28/2010 Touch I-130 & I-765 (DAY 21)

04/28/2010 Requested Expedite of EAD (DAY 21)

05/04/2010 EAD Expedite Denial received (DAY 27)

05/07/2010 Requested 2nd Expedite of EAD through Congressman's office (DAY 30)

05/07/2010 EAD Card production ordered notice (DAY 30)

05/10/2010 Touch I-765 (DAY 33)

05/12/2010 2nd EAD Card Production Ordered notice (DAY 35)

05/13/2010 Touch I-765 (DAY 36)

05/14/2010 Interview Notice Received (DAY 37)

05/24/2010 EAD Approval Notice Sent (DAY 47)

05/25/2010 Touch I-765 (DAY 48)

05/27/2010 EAD RECEIVED!! (DAY 50)

06/17/2010 INTERVIEW! (DAY 71)

*** received RFE at interview to ammend Medical Report and submit proof of joint bank account. Sent by overnight mail delivered to USCIS 06/18/2010.

06/28/2010 I-485 Card PRoduction ORdered. yay!

***My evidence was submitted to the National Benefits Center (where my application was filed) by FAX.

This fax was sent by the staff of my district's US Congressman on my behalf.

What was your evidence?

I am not sure you understand why we are plying you for a bit more information. We aren't wanting you to post your personal details on the internet. We ARE wanting to know what evidence you sent that was convincing enough to warrant an expedite.

Vagueries will lead other members to think all they need say to get an expedite is they need a job before financial wolves are at the door. Since about 10% of the US population is in that predicament one can understand why it's not a good argument.

Our journey together on this earth has come to an end.

I will see you one day again, my love.

• 3 weeks later...

Before being laid off and my OPT expired I doubled my wifes salary. I got laid off in Feb 2009, Married in April 2009 and my EAD I received through OPT expired in July 2009. I've been unemployed for over a year and that has thrown us into server financial hardship, so severe I was financially unable to file until May of 2010. I decided to move ahead and take my chance without an attorney which was $3800. After a $1080 in filing fee's I was files on May 7, 2010. I have already responded to one RFE on my AOS and now wait to do my Biometrics appointment scheduled for June 8, 2010.

I was recently offered a great career opportunity which I need to accept soon but cannot without an EAD.

Should I contact USCIS and the Congressman's office for an expedite before or after my Biometric is completed

06-15-2010 Contact USCIS and congress office to see about the requested expedite

06-16-2010 Email from CRIS says application is pending expect and decision in 60days

06-17-2010 Email from USCIS stating RFE sent on 06-17-2010 for AOS

06-18-2010 AOS, EAD and AP touched but petition hasn't been touched since 05-25-2010

06-21-2010 RFE received (Petitioner's Signature on Joint Affidavit was missing)

06-22-2010 Priority Mailed RFE back to USCIS

06-23-2010 RFE Arrives at PO Box in Lees summit(picked up by USCIS 4:30pm)

06-24-2010 RFE received by USCIS and Case resumed

06-28-2010 AOS touched

07-22-2010 Contact USCIS about EAD expedite

07-28-2010 Received mail from USCIS stating employment authorization approved on 07-23-2010

07-28-2010 Received AP Document (Still no update on USCIS webpage since 06-18-2010)

08-02-2010 On August 2, 2010, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I765

08-05-2010 EAD received

08-06-2010 Interview letter received Sept 14th, Kansas City, MO

09-14-2010 Interview APPROVED

09-14-2010 Card Production Ordered

09-15-2010 485 and 130 touched

09-17-2010 GC received

Filing for Removal of Conditions

07-27-2012 I751 filed with I912

07-28-2012 Package Received by INS

08-01-2012 I912 fee waiver denied

08-03-2012 I751 and I912 with all evidence Received

09-11-2012 Refiled I751 with Check for Fee

09-12-2012 Package Received by INS

09-17-2012 Received NOA Dated: 09-13-2012

09-24-2012 Received BIO Appointment Dated: 10-11-2012

04-04-2013 Card Production Ordered

• 1 month later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Hi,

Thank you very much for the post. I am in the same situation, placed a request to expedite but got the same response.

"Due to the high volume of expedite requests for this case type, we are strictly enforcing the criteria that has been set for these expedite requests. While your situation appears serious, you have not provided evidence of an extreme emergent need"

My EAD is going to expire very soon.

I would like to know how to find the contact for congressmen, and would highly appreciate if you can let me know the evidence you provided and your letter. I understand that you don't prefer posting it here, but pls email me at aby.bright@gmail.com.

Waiting for your response.

-Aby

To everyone who applied for EAD based on AOS and qualifies under expedite criteria, I just want to let you know that you do not have to wait 60 or 90 days to request it.

I want to share with you what I did and what worked:

I first called the USCIS Customer service (April 29th 2010)and put in an expedite request. They created a service request and said they will get back to me within 45 days.

On May 6th I received in the mail a letter from USCIS dated April 30th stating:

Due to the high volume of expedite requests for this case type, we are strictly enforcing the criteria that has been set for these expedite requests. While your situation appears serious, you have not provided evidence of an extreme emergent need

I was never issued an RFE and had no idea how to send my supporting documents.

On May 7th I sent a fax to my Congressman's office asking for assistance in Expediting my pending EAD application.

I included a Letter to USCIS explaining my situation and why I qualified, my evidence/supporting documents, copies of NOAs for I-765, I-485 and Stamped Biometrics Appointment Notice.

I then called the Congressman's office and spoke to the member of his staff who is responsible for immigration matters.

He told me that he could indeed help me with this request and will update me every step of the way.

7 hours later I received an email from USCIS stating "EAD Card Production Ordered". I logged in on the USCIS website and saw that my I-765 was updated from Initial Review to Card Production Ordered.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Hello danimead,

Congrats on getting your EAD & thanks for sharing your experience.

I requested to expedite my case (on EAD Renewal) y'day. If in case I receive the similar reply as yours, I want to follow same steps as you mentioned .... so need some inputs on this :

(1) We need to send Fax to Congress Man of our district correct ?

(2) How were you able to contact the staff who is responsible for immigration matters ? Do they redirect the call accordingly when we call Congress Men's office?

(3) So what exactly did they do for you ? Just faxed the doc(along with supporting docs) addressed to USCIS to USCIS on your behalf? or did they follow up your case in a spl way ? Please let me know.

My EAD expires very soon and my Employer is asking me to submit physical EAD card before it expires. If not I am not qualified to be employed.

Your help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks & Regards!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Zimbabwe
Timeline

(2) How were you able to contact the staff who is responsible for immigration matters ? Do they redirect the call accordingly when we call Congress Men's office?

(3) So what exactly did they do for you ? Just faxed the doc(along with supporting docs) addressed to USCIS to USCIS on your behalf? or did they follow up your case in a spl way ? Please let me know.

Not the OP, but this is my advice, based on what we did. This should answer your questions: Find your local congressperson (representative or senator) and then call their office - they likely have multiple offices so just call any of them, and tell them that you're a constituent with an immigration issue. They should be able to direct you to the person who deals with these issues. When you get in touch with that person, simply explain the situation and why you need to expedite your EAD. They'll likely tell you that you need to sign a release, which you can probably find on their website, and then you should send them a letter explaining why you need the expedite. Attach any documents that can prove what you're saying - the existence of a job opportunity, when your current EAD ends, etc. They'll send that to USCIS. It seems that they can actually get in touch with a person in charge of your file, which is key, I think.

We did the above, and ours was also granted. For those of you who are wondering what we said, we explained that I (the USC wife) am not currently employed (my job starts in August), that we have had numerous bills (in the thousands of dollars each) that have depleted our savings, and that we need my husband to be able to work in order to provide for the family. I attached documents to prove all of this, and it was approved pretty quickly after the RFE was sent in.

Married - 3/12/10

AOS Filed - 5/13/10

Biometrics received - 6/5/10

Biometrics done - 6/9/10

RFE Received 6/10/10

Touched - 6/7/10, 6/16/10, 6/17,10 (all)

RFE delivered - 6/29/10

Resumed processing - 6/30/10

EAD Production Ordered - 7/2/10, 7/8/10, mailed 7/15/10

Touched - 7/6/10, 7/8/10 (485, 765)

Touched EAD - 7/16/10

EAD Received!! - 7/17/10

Interview - August 30, 8:45- Approved!

Timeline

Not the OP, but this is my advice, based on what we did. This should answer your questions: Find your local congressperson (representative or senator) and then call their office - they likely have multiple offices so just call any of them, and tell them that you're a constituent with an immigration issue. They should be able to direct you to the person who deals with these issues. When you get in touch with that person, simply explain the situation and why you need to expedite your EAD. They'll likely tell you that you need to sign a release, which you can probably find on their website, and then you should send them a letter explaining why you need the expedite. Attach any documents that can prove what you're saying - the existence of a job opportunity, when your current EAD ends, etc. They'll send that to USCIS. It seems that they can actually get in touch with a person in charge of your file, which is key, I think.

We did the above, and ours was also granted. For those of you who are wondering what we said, we explained that I (the USC wife) am not currently employed (my job starts in August), that we have had numerous bills (in the thousands of dollars each) that have depleted our savings, and that we need my husband to be able to work in order to provide for the family. I attached documents to prove all of this, and it was approved pretty quickly after the RFE was sent in.

Thanks a lot for very quick response !

• 1 month later...
Timeline

Your post was very informative. I would also like to expedite my EAD, since my wife is still a student and I can't work till I get my EAD. Would I need a job offer letter in hand to start with, or a job opportunity would be a valid enough reason? Since we do not earn yet, we live at my wife's parent's home right now. Thus, all the utility bills are in my father-in-law's name. What proof would I be required to send to USCIS for them to expedite my EAD, other than the cover letter explaining my situation? I, for sure, would go through the Congressmen's office though.

Thank you

6-29-2010 Got Married!

08-10-2010 Sent AOS Package to Chicago Lock-Box..

08-24-2010 Received texts/emails of acceptance, Finally!

08-27-2010 Cheques cashed / Biometrics appointment on 9-21-2010

09-01-2010 Received NOA Hardcopies and Biometrics appointment letter!

09-02-2010 Successful Biometrics Walk-in :)

09-14-2010 EAD expedite successful (Congressmen's help)

09-15-2010 EAD card production ordered

09-20-2010 EAD card production - 2nd order

09-22-2010 EAD Notice in Mail

09-24-2010 EAD card received

10-01-2010 Interview letter for AOS received for 11/04/2010

11-04-2010 Greencard approved!

• 3 months later...

We applied for an expedite through my north carolina senators office help AP youand got my case transfered to CSC, so use those who are there to help you if you qualify for the help, they are more than happy to assits you with these cases.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.