KENandJOY

Got an RFE for papers already sent on I-485

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Chile
Timeline

We got the appointment notice for our interview 1/25/2010 for the 02/09/2010.

Today we receive an RFE ( I- 485) with two pages, one asking for our medical or vaccination I-693,and another asking for the tax information of the affidavit of support.

The problem is that we did send all of them, we went to and approved by the USCIS civil surgeon paid about $200 dollars and they gave the shots I needed, she filled the form and sealed on an envelope in front of us. (We had to do this because I never got the chance to make a copy of my DS-2053, because it was sealed when I took it to the embassy and the they keep everything on the POE)

We also sent the W-2 CG, and the 1040A forms attached to the affidavit of support along with all of my husband’s identification papers.

So, I don’t understand why they are asking for this all over again, of course I knew I had to send it and I checked everything SO MANY times before we sent it. :( Would it mean that we need EXTRA information? But I don't know what else to send!!

These are the exact words on the yellow letters we got today:

First page)

Submit all supporting tax documentation (W-2’s, 1099s, etc) submitted to the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) from the petitioner/sponsor on Form I-864, Affidavit of support, for the most recent tax year.

Second page)

You have indicated that you last entered the United States as a K or V non-immigrant. Please submit a properly completed and signed copy of the medical exam conducted overseas on Form DS-2053, Medical Examination for Immigrant or Refugee Applicant, for the applicant on Form I-485.

If you do not have a completed Form DS-2053, please submit a properly completed and signed Form I-693, Report of medical Examination and Vaccination Record, (Rev. 06/05/08 or later) for the applicant on Form I-485. The medical examination must be conducted by civil surgeon who has been designated by USCIS and must be issued within one year of filing Form I-485.

The civil surgeon must conduct the exam as directed in the instructions to Form I-693 and in the Centers for Disease Control’s Technical Instructions for the Medical Examination of Aliens in the United States. Both the medical examination and the vaccination record must be completed when required.

Any help would be really appreciated! :unsure:

N-400

Filling in March

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Frustrating huh!?! Did you get a copy of the I693 from the CS you went to?

You can also call the doctor's office that did your initial medical exam overseas prior to entering US and ask them to fax you a copy of your DS 2053. They should have given you a copy of this after the exam.

My opinion is that you should make an appointment for an InfoPass and show them that you have already sent these copies to them. And question the notices.

Goodluck!

thCat_Dancing.gif

12.15.2009 - Mailed out AOS

12.29.2009 - NOAs Received-hard copies

01.02.2010 - Biometrics appt. r'cved for Jan.19,2010

01.15.2010 - Walk in Biometrics - DONE

02.03.2010 - Case Transfered to CSC

02.16.2010 - I-765 approved. card production ordered

02.24.2010 - Employment Authorization Card arrived today!

03.05.2010 - I-485 APPROVED, "Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident"

03.11.2010 - "Welcome to the US of A" letter arrived

03.12.2010 - PR Card arrived

Dec. 5, 2011 (Monday) - Is the date when I can apply for Removal of Conditions

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

It seems that the docs may have gotten misplaced.

Send in another set of copies for the tax info and I693. Be sure to put your case number and A# on each page as well.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Firstly, THANK YOU (!!!!!) for typing out your whole RFE text!!

They are asking for DS2053 - that's the overseas pannel physician equivalent to the I-693. Don't worry about not having it, Nik asked for copies of his more than once, and he was always refused!! Why we can't see documents we paid HUNDREDS of dollars for is beyond me! :bonk:

You basically have three options. I'll order them in least to most risk (which is, funnily enough, most expensive to least expensive) We opted for option #2 ourselves.

1. Get a whole new medical. Send it in with your RFE.

2. Contact your congressman or senators. Explain to them that you entered on a K-1, and they are asking you for your overseas medical, which you are NOT required to provide - they should have it already. Select ONE of your three reps, and request that they look into the matter, and see if the adjudicator may have overlooked your file from POE where the medical should be (they call this the "A" file). They may come back and say it's completely missing, and you go back to #1, OR they may say that it's found and you can disregard the RFE - ask for confirmation in writing. (no cost!) Our congressman's staff member got back to us within a week.

3. Reply to the RFE explaining that you entered on a K-1, and are not required to complete a full medical, as one was completed overseas and was returned to USCIS via the sealed envelope turned in at your Port of Entry. This is a solution which has been successful for some members on Visa Journey, but can be quite risky if they decide that you are challenging them.

Onwards to the tax info. You can order tax transcripts for FREE from the IRS. These will be all inclusive, so you don't have to worry about W-2's, or extra schedules etc. If you order them today, they shouldn't delay you too much with your medical stuff going on.

K-1:

January 28, 2009: NOA1

June 4, 2009: Interview - APPROVED!!!

October 11, 2009: Wedding

AOS:

December 23, 2009: NOA1!

January 22, 2010: Bogus RFE corrected through congressional inquiry "EAD waiting on biometrics only" Read about it here.

March 15, 2010: AOS interview - RFE for I-693 vaccination supplement - CS signed part 6!

March 27, 2010: Green Card recieved

ROC:

March 1, 2012: Mailed ROC package

March 7, 2012: Tracking says "notice left"...after a phone call to post office.

More detailed time line in profile.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Chile
Timeline

Thank you so much for the help! @Nick+Heather: I'll look into the option number 2! Thank you so much!! --- It feels like a joke, because we actually paid for the vaccination and did everything like they said it's supposed to be done! AGGGGG! :angry:

N-400

Filling in March

Thank you so much for the help! @Nick+Heather: I'll look into the option number 2! Thank you so much!! --- It feels like a joke, because we actually paid for the vaccination and did everything like they said it's supposed to be done! AGGGGG! :angry:

Yeah, us too. I wish they could get their acts together.

K-1:

January 28, 2009: NOA1

June 4, 2009: Interview - APPROVED!!!

October 11, 2009: Wedding

AOS:

December 23, 2009: NOA1!

January 22, 2010: Bogus RFE corrected through congressional inquiry "EAD waiting on biometrics only" Read about it here.

March 15, 2010: AOS interview - RFE for I-693 vaccination supplement - CS signed part 6!

March 27, 2010: Green Card recieved

ROC:

March 1, 2012: Mailed ROC package

March 7, 2012: Tracking says "notice left"...after a phone call to post office.

More detailed time line in profile.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.