seeker2k

Notarial Birth Certificate ?

34 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
She will also need a police certificate indicating no crimes. This was also taken care of at the same office.

so just to clarify, both the Notarial Birth Certificate and the Police Certificate are obtained at the same office ?

And if there is no translation there available, she can go get it translated at a bigger city as long as it is a Notarized translation, is this correct ?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: China
Timeline

This link has a very accurate and thorough piece on those topics:

http://www.chinafamilyvisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=69

Lots of links and samples.

Edited by endoftheroad

moving right along

Filed: Timeline

ugh, actually it doesnt

only info for police certificates it points people to http://www.avvo.com/legal-guides/ugc/what-...w-do-i-get-them just as other sites including this one does.

this is plainly flat out wrong. i read it, these certificates here are for people that want or need some sort of clearances, not for general use consulate certifictaes as are required now. neither me nor my fiance need any clearance, just a plain certificate for the consulate. this info is not applicable to us and most people here. i think all the info tehre is outdated, from the time when they only required police certificates from some people, not everybody.

also it still doesnt give me the following clear and precise answers:

where exactly and precisely do i get the notarial birth certificate and the police certificate, and are they both obtained from the same office. in in my case, is this office located in Tongjiang, Fujin or Harbin ? i do not know how these districts and Municipal Capitals etc. work in China.

and there is absolutely no mention about Notarial Birth Certificates, just some general Notarial documents and DOS schedule. why would I need a DOS schedule when I am trying to get notarial birth certificate from notarial office in china ?

only thing that is semi-usefull is the examples they provide, which are BTW same ones found here on visajourney and other sites. so nothing new or even useful there.

Timeline
ugh, actually it doesnt

this is plainly flat out wrong... also it still doesnt give me the following clear and precise answers:

where exactly and precisely do i get the notarial birth certificate and the police certificate, and are they both obtained from the same office. in in my case, is this office located in Tongjiang, Fujin or Harbin ? i do not know how these districts and Municipal Capitals etc. work in China.

and there is absolutely no mention about Notarial Birth Certificates, just some general Notarial documents and DOS schedule. why would I need a DOS schedule when I am trying to get notarial birth certificate from notarial office in china ?

Huh?? This is 100% correct info. We used it with perfect success. It is not "flat out wrong." If you don't understand where to get birth and police certificates from what has been posted in this thread then you have a very unusual circumstance.

YOU GET BOTH EASILY FROM THE NOTARIAL OFFICE.

Sorry man if you can't be helped with this info. I tried. :innocent:

moving right along

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Huh?? This is 100% correct info. We used it with perfect success. It is not "flat out wrong." If you don't understand where to get birth and police certificates from what has been posted in this thread then you have a very unusual circumstance.

YOU GET BOTH EASILY FROM THE NOTARIAL OFFICE.

Sorry man if you can't be helped with this info. I tried. :innocent:

I'm afraid I'm with seeker on this one. The information needed is already in this thread on VJ. The link you gave was to a page full of links rather than to any actual instructions on obtaining the documents in question. Obtaining the Notarial Birth Certificate and Police Report are two-step processes, with the second step being to get the actual certificates translated by the Gong Sheng Chu. (Notarial Office)

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline
That is what I said.

You said...

That's what I and the other recent poster are referring to. The links there do not answer his question. The answer is already in this thread. He found your link a waste of time. It makes me wonder why you posted it, since it's just a page of links, none of which were the least bit helpful with the question at hand.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

You said...

That's what I and the other recent poster are referring to. The links there do not answer his question. The answer is already in this thread. He found your link a waste of time. It makes me wonder why you posted it, since it's just a page of links, none of which were the least bit helpful with the question at hand.

You are both right, guys, and great info.

ps, we love the new and improved pushbrk, let's not break the winning streak in this warm and fuzzy new year 2010.

Sign-on-a-church-af.jpgLogic-af.jpgwwiao.gif

Timeline
none of which were the least bit helpful with the question at hand.

Maybe I misunderstood his question. I thought he was asking about notarial documents, birth and police certificates. I was just trying to help so I posted a great link that has all kinds of correct help about that and other stuff. It was certainly helpful to me and many others. Carry on.

moving right along

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: K-3 Visa Country: China
Timeline
You said...

Actually this link provides almost every link/info one would ever need for this long and drawn out process in one place. It clearly did have the information the OP needed but it would have required some time and effort on his part. Maybe, judging from his attitude, he wanted endoftheroad to actually get the certificates for him.

Before posting there is a reminder message "Please consider reading the FAQs and Guides before posting. The OP did not ask one question that he could not have found the answers to in these resources. He girl can also use her chinese to ask the local offices how to give her a police certificate and birth certificate white book that meets the requirement needed for USA visa application. The offices all know what is required.

If he found the link a waste of time then just let it be. No need to piss and moan about it while complaining about someone who tried to help him.

Timeline
Actually this link provides almost every link/info one would ever need for this long and drawn out process in one place. It clearly did have the information the OP needed but it would have required some time and effort on his part. Maybe, judging from his attitude, he wanted endoftheroad to actually get the certificates for him.

Before posting there is a reminder message "Please consider reading the FAQs and Guides before posting. The OP did not ask one question that he could not have found the answers to in these resources. He girl can also use her chinese to ask the local offices how to give her a police certificate and birth certificate white book that meets the requirement needed for USA visa application. The offices all know what is required.

If he found the link a waste of time then just let it be. No need to piss and moan about it while complaining about someone who tried to help him.

The OP asked a specific question. No link on the page given was to anything that contained the answer to his question. Before the link was posted, the direct answer had already been given. For a Chinese beneficiary to "ask" about notarial documents, they need to know where to go first. Once they have that information, they can acquire what is needed.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Timeline
The OP asked a specific question. No link on the page given was to anything that contained the answer to his question. Before the link was posted, the direct answer had already been given. For a Chinese beneficiary to "ask" about notarial documents, they need to know where to go first. Once they have that information, they can acquire what is needed.

From the VERY THOROUGH link I posted http://www.chinafamilyvisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=69 :

Chinese Notarial Documents - see DOS China Reciprocity Schedule

Most of the documents needed can be obtained from one of China's Notarial Offices (Gong Zheng Chu). All Chinese documentation to be used abroad is processed through the notary offices and issued in the form of notarial certificates. Notarial offices are located in all major Chinese cities and in rural county seats

The documents required are the GongZhengShu 公证书

Sample application for documents (your province or hukou may vary):

A discussion of the huji (or hukou 户口) system can be found at Hukou System. Chinese residents should go to their hukou for all notarial documents (birth, divorce, and/or single certificate, and police records). For the police record, one obtained at the hukou will cover all of China.

A notarial document will be in the standard white notarial booklet, have an official red seal, an English translation, and an attestation to the true translation.

Note that police records and single certificates are valid for one year from the date of notarization. Others are valid indefinitely.

Marriage certification for I-130 or K-3 must be in the same format.

If ANY document is unobtainable, you should submit a statement of WHY it is unobtainable, and what effort you made to obtain it.

If you don't see the answer in the link I gave pushy, you didn't look for it. End of story. I don't wish to continue this combative exchange with you. Peace. Edited by endoftheroad

moving right along

Timeline
From the VERY THOROUGH link I posted http://www.chinafamilyvisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=69 :If you don't see the answer in the link I gave pushy, you didn't look for it. End of story. I don't wish to continue this combative exchange with you. Peace.

Then don't. I responded to somebody else's post.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: China
Timeline

The information in the link tells one where to go to get a notarial documents. I would assume that one could also "ask" about a notorarial document from the same place one can get a notarial document. My wife called the notorial office and they quickly explained everything to the process (both steps).

The OP asked the same question at least twice ... but that is not the issue. You stated "none of which were the least bit helpful with the question at hand" -- which is incorrect. But then again maybe only you should be allowed to answers any questions from OPs regarding China because you are the expert (or legend in your own mind).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.