Kris-n-Rachel

Which China office can provide the Birth Certificate?

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Hello everyone.

I have a very specific question: Which Chinese Government Office/s provide Birth Certificates, that are acceptable at the K-1 interview?

What I thought would be a minor task, has turned into a real stumper for us. I think that this subject was raised recently, in the forums, but I have been unable to find it in a Forum search.

Any information would be greatly appreciated!

2004-08 to 2008-12...Lived and worked, in Suzhou, China.

--------------K-1 Visa----------------

Service Center :.........California Service Center

Consulate :...............Guangzhou, China

2009-05-16...I-129F Sent

2009-05-20...I-129F NOA1

2009-08-20...I-129F NOA2

2009-08-26...NVC Received

2009-09-04...NVC Left

2009-09-08...Consulate Received

2009-09-13...Packet 3 Received

2009-09-19...Packet 3 Sent

2009-10-03...Packet 4 Received

2009-11-10...Interview resulted in BLUE, but we're working on it!

2009-11-11...Required information sent to GUZ, by EMS

2009-12-05..."Invitation to return to GUZ" received. Your Visa is approved!!! YEAH!!!

2009-12-11...VISAS IN HAND!!!

CFLFlagGif.gif...............IULogo.jpg

Just your average 'Hoosier', that has been allowed above average experiences.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Police Records

Generally available, reliable. Persons should apply for a certificate of no criminal record at the local Public Security Bureau (PSB) (or certain types of employers such as state owned enterprises), then make application to the notary office for a certificate based on the PSB document. Persons without a criminal record will be able to obtain a certificate to that effect. Certificates for individuals with one or more criminal convictions will list all convictions for which records still exist. The certificates purport to reflect all criminal convictions during residence in China. Police records are generally not available for the period prior to 1949. Certificates are available for those in the J-1, Z, and X categories. The GOC does not issue police records for temporary residents of China in L or F visa categories.

Police records also are not available for those who were in China in diplomatic status including those working for international organizations such as the United Nations. Notarial police certificates are based in part upon records from an individual's employer. If an employer refuses to release records, the notarial office is not able to issue a certificate. This is the case for persons sent abroad for education by the Chinese Government who fail to return to China.

According to a 1957 state council ruling that is still in force, the imposition of a re-education through labor (Lao Dong Jiao Yu) term does not result from a criminal conviction. Administrative organs, rather than courts, impose re-education through labor. It is important to distinguish re-education through labor from labor reform (Lao Dong Gai Zao), which is a sentence meted out for criminal offenses.

And go to this site http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showforum=80 to see for yourself, good luck

Vermont Service Center Consulate: manila, philippinesI-129F Sent : 2009-03-23 I-129F NOA1: 2009-03-25 I-129F NOA2 : 2009-09-02

NVC Received : 2009-09-04 NVC Left : 2009-10-07 Consulate Received : 2009-10-15

interview date: 2009-11-05 APPROVED!! Thank you Jesus!!

AOS

I-485 sent 2010-08-02, NOA 2010-12-02

I-765 sent 2010-08-02, NOA 2010-12-02

I-131 sent 2010-08-02, NOA 2010-12-02

Transfered to CSC 2010-26-02 Biometrics 2010-03-03

http://www.philippineconsulate-sf.org/dual...nship_faq.htm#1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

sorry i misread your post. if you need a birth certificate i would try going to china regional forum and ask there.

Vermont Service Center Consulate: manila, philippinesI-129F Sent : 2009-03-23 I-129F NOA1: 2009-03-25 I-129F NOA2 : 2009-09-02

NVC Received : 2009-09-04 NVC Left : 2009-10-07 Consulate Received : 2009-10-15

interview date: 2009-11-05 APPROVED!! Thank you Jesus!!

AOS

I-485 sent 2010-08-02, NOA 2010-12-02

I-765 sent 2010-08-02, NOA 2010-12-02

I-131 sent 2010-08-02, NOA 2010-12-02

Transfered to CSC 2010-26-02 Biometrics 2010-03-03

http://www.philippineconsulate-sf.org/dual...nship_faq.htm#1

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

tell your fiancee to bring her household book to the notary office called Gong Zheng Chu. that place will create a BC for you and translate it into English.

UpdatedTimeline.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hello everyone.

I have a very specific question: Which Chinese Government Office/s provide Birth Certificates, that are acceptable at the K-1 interview?

What I thought would be a minor task, has turned into a real stumper for us. I think that this subject was raised recently, in the forums, but I have been unable to find it in a Forum search.

Any information would be greatly appreciated!

A specific China question is probably best asked in the China regional forum

moving thread

YMMV

Filed: Country: China
Timeline

Most of the documents needed can be obtained from one of China's Notarial Offices (Gong Zheng Chu). All Chinese documentation to be used abroad is processed through the notary offices and issued in the form of notarial certificates. Notarial offices are located in all major Chinese cities and in rural county seats

The documents required are the GongZhengShu 公证书

Sample application for documents (your province or hukou may vary):

http://www.bnpo.gov.cn/upload/file/200872115331419.doc

http://www.bnpo.gov.cn/guide/detail1.asp

A discussion of the huji (or hukou 户口) system can be found at Hukou System. Chinese residents should go to their hukou for all notarial documents (birth, divorce, and/or single certificate, and police records). For the police record, one obtained at the hukou will cover all of China.

A notarial document will be in the standard white notarial booklet, have an official red seal, an English translation, and an attestation to the true translation.

Note that police records and single certificates are valid for one year from the date of notarization. Others are valid indefinitely.

Marriage certification for I-130 or K-3 must be in the same format.

If ANY document is unobtainable, you should submit a statement of WHY it is unobtainable, and what effort you made to obtain it.

Much more here:

http://www.chinafamilyvisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=69

moving right along

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline
Most of the documents needed can be obtained from one of China's Notarial Offices (Gong Zheng Chu). All Chinese documentation to be used abroad is processed through the notary offices and issued in the form of notarial certificates. Notarial offices are located in all major Chinese cities and in rural county seats

The documents required are the GongZhengShu 公证书

Sample application for documents (your province or hukou may vary):

http://www.bnpo.gov.cn/upload/file/200872115331419.doc

http://www.bnpo.gov.cn/guide/detail1.asp

A discussion of the huji (or hukou 户口) system can be found at Hukou System. Chinese residents should go to their hukou for all notarial documents (birth, divorce, and/or single certificate, and police records). For the police record, one obtained at the hukou will cover all of China.

A notarial document will be in the standard white notarial booklet, have an official red seal, an English translation, and an attestation to the true translation.

Note that police records and single certificates are valid for one year from the date of notarization. Others are valid indefinitely.

Marriage certification for I-130 or K-3 must be in the same format.

If ANY document is unobtainable, you should submit a statement of WHY it is unobtainable, and what effort you made to obtain it.

Much more here:

http://www.chinafamilyvisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=69

In english start with her parents, they know better than anyone.

If she is not sure start with them and go from there. Take it one

step at a time so this mess isnt so complicated as some say.

Beware of copy and paste. Seek one answer to your question,

not one size fits all.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

IMO/E - if she doesn't have a birth certificate, she'll need to go to the office that handles her hukuo and ASK for a birth ceritifate. Then, she can get the birth certificate translated ( at the office type mentioned above ).

If she is a migrant worker (hukuo not represent where she is NOW ) she'll need to go home for a bit, or have a family member at home handle the birth certificate.

GOOD LUCK.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Country: China
Timeline
In english start with her parents, they know better than anyone.

If she is not sure start with them and go from there. Take it one step at a time so this mess isnt so complicated as some say. Beware of copy and paste. Seek one answer to your question, not one size fits all.

No, one size does fit all. I wrote it in English and it is simple. Parents cannot provide a notarized birth certificate for USA immigration.

China's Notarial Offices (Gong Zheng Chu) that provide Chinese documentation to be used abroad is processed through the notary offices and issued in the form of notarial certificates. Notarial offices are located in all major Chinese cities and in rural county seats. Chinese residents should go to their hukou for all notarial documents (birth, divorce, and/or single certificate, and police records).

If this is incorrect please clarify.

moving right along

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Thank you, everyone, for your replies and advice.

After visiting the Gong Zheng Chu (they were surprisingly helpful!), the only extra documentation required for the Birth Certificate was, her parents' Marriage Certificate. Why this was required, I don't know.

Fortunately, my fiances' hometown is only about 40 miles away from her current residence, and her parents were able to easily obtain a new Marriage Book. They have been married for more than 50 years, and their original papers were long lost.

So, everything seems to be falling into place, with the wonderful support of Rachel's entire family. The P3 is on its way to Guangzhou, and I'm looking forward to another trip to China in the near future, to attend the interview at the Consulate.

Thanks again, to everyone that replied. Your support is so appreciated!

Kris-n-Rachel

2004-08 to 2008-12...Lived and worked, in Suzhou, China.

--------------K-1 Visa----------------

Service Center :.........California Service Center

Consulate :...............Guangzhou, China

2009-05-16...I-129F Sent

2009-05-20...I-129F NOA1

2009-08-20...I-129F NOA2

2009-08-26...NVC Received

2009-09-04...NVC Left

2009-09-08...Consulate Received

2009-09-13...Packet 3 Received

2009-09-19...Packet 3 Sent

2009-10-03...Packet 4 Received

2009-11-10...Interview resulted in BLUE, but we're working on it!

2009-11-11...Required information sent to GUZ, by EMS

2009-12-05..."Invitation to return to GUZ" received. Your Visa is approved!!! YEAH!!!

2009-12-11...VISAS IN HAND!!!

CFLFlagGif.gif...............IULogo.jpg

Just your average 'Hoosier', that has been allowed above average experiences.

• 2 weeks later...

My husband is planning to get his birth certificate in China tomorrow....I don't even know if he got all the documents require to obtain one yet. He keeps saying yes but oh well, I just told him if he can't get it this time, asks specifically about what other documents are needed to get the birth certificate, then we can go together to get it when I visit him in November...sigh...it's so much more difficult when you are born in China for this immigration process....

5de285cd-1.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.