RebeccaAndPhil

Does it look like we have everything?

14 posts in this topic

Here are our cover letters for the I-130 and I-485. If you have the time, could you glance over it and see if you think we're missing anything? Hoping to mail it out sometime this week! :)

To Whom It May Concern:

I am submitting this application to petition for my husband who is concurrently filing form I-485 Application to Adjust Status. Enclosed please find my Form I-130, Petition for Alien Spouse for (husband) and supporting documents.

I-130:

• Payment in the amount of $355.00, personal check for application fees
  • Form I-130, signed and dated by (my name)
  • Copy of petitioner’s Birth Certificate (front and back)
  • Copy of intending immigrant’s Birth Certificate
  • Certified copy of Marriage Certificate
  • G-325A Biographic Information of Petitioner (4 copies)
  • One (1) passport-type photo of petitioner (Full name and DOB on back)
  • G-325A Biographic Information of Intending Immigrant (4 copies)
  • One (1) passport-type photo of intending immigrant (Full name and DOB on back)
  • Evidence of Bona Fide Marriage, including the following:
  • Joint lease (both the original lease with amendment adding petitioner to lease and renewal lease with both petitioner and intending immigrant as tenants)
  • Proof of joint health insurance
  • Proof of joint car insurance
  • Proof of joint finances with two (2) months statements of joint bank account
  • Joint car loan which includes initial letter acknowledging loan and four (4) months of loan statements
  • Itineraries and ticket stub copies of trips taken while petitioner and intending immigrant were dating
  • Itinerary and ticket stub copies of petitioner and intending immigrant’s honeymoon
  • Pictures of petitioner and intending immigrant before marriage, at the wedding, and during the honeymoon

Copies of documents submitted are exact photocopies of unaltered documents and I understand that I may be required to submit original documents to an Immigration or Consular officer at a later date.

Thank you for your understanding and patience.

Signed,

--------------------

I-485:

Enclosed please find form I-485 along with its supporting documents. In addition are forms

I-765 Application for Employment Authorization and I-131 Application for Travel Document along with their supporting documents.

Form I-485 and supporting documents:

• Payment in the amount of $1010.00, personal check made payable to U.S. Department of Homeland Security.
  • Form I-485, signed and dated by (husband's name)
  • Two (2) passport-type photos (with full name and DOB on back; no A number to provide at this time)
  • Form G-325A Biographic Information sheet (4 copies)
  • Copy of passport (all pages) including I-94 (front and back)
  • o Please note: entry stamps to the U.S. on passport pages 6 and 9 were short-term visitor stamps. Since (husband) is a Canadian citizen, he did not need a visa to enter the U.S. as a visitor.
  • Copy of birth certificate
  • Copy of DS-2019 which provides proof of current visa and evidence that intending immigrant is not subject to the two-year residency requirement
  • Form I-693, Medical Examination and Vaccination Record in a sealed envelope

Form I-864 and supporting documents:

• Form I-864, signed and dated by (me)
  • Supplement A- Letter of explanation for why petitioner did not file taxes in 2007
  • Supplement B- Letter of explanation for low income for past three tax years
  • Copy of petitioner’s Federal Tax Return for 2008
  • Copy of petitioner’s W2(s) for 2008
  • Copy of petitioner’s pay stubs for the past six months
  • Letter of Employment for Petitioner
  • Copy of intending immigrant’s Tax Transcript for 2008
  • Copy of intending immigrant’s W2 for 2008
  • Copy of intending immigrant’s pay stubs for the past six months
  • Letter of Employment for intending immigrant, to be used for income purposes as well as proof that income will continue from this same source

Form I-765 and supporting documents:

• Form I-765, signed and dated by (husband)
  • Copy of passport page showing picture, name, and date of birth
  • o Please note: this passport page also includes the I-94, arrival/departure record
  • Two (2) passport-type photos (with full name and DOB on back, no A number to provide at this time)
  • Copy of DS-2019 which shows current visa status as well as proof that intending immigrant is not subject to the two-year residency requirement

Form I-131 and supporting documents:

• Form I-131, signed and dated by (husband)
  • Two (2) passport-type photos (with full name and DOB on back, no A number to provide at this time)
  • Copy of passport page showing picture, name, and date of birth, as well as the I-94
  • Copy of form DS-2019, certificate of eligibility for exchange visitor J1 status, showing present status in the U.S.
  • A letter explaining the circumstances that warrant issuance of Advance Parole document

I cut out everything in the cover letter except for these lists.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by RebeccaAndPhil

AOS

09/21/08- Phil arrives in US

08/15/09- Wedding

10/16/09- Mailed out AOS package

01/14/10- Interview completed - Approved!

01/23/10- Conditional Green Card received!

ROC

10/17/11- Mailed ROC package

10/19/11- Package arrives at VSC

10/20/11- NOA1 issued

10/24/11- "Touch"

10/24/11- Check cashed

10/26/11- NOA1 received

11/23/11- Biometrics appointment

01/14/12- Conditional GC Expired

07/17/12- Approved! - Notification of card production

07/23/12- Notification of card being mailed

07/25/12- 10 year GC received!

0e871ca96e.png?html

~~~~

Be the change you wish to see in the world

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
Here are our cover letters for the I-130 and I-485. If you have the time, could you glance over it and see if you think we're missing anything? Hoping to mail it out sometime this week! :)

To Whom It May Concern:

I am submitting this application to petition for my husband who is concurrently filing form I-485 Application to Adjust Status. Enclosed please find my Form I-130, Petition for Alien Spouse for (husband) and supporting documents.

I-130:

• One (1) passport-type photo of intending immigrant (Full name and DOB on back)
  • Joint lease (both the original lease with amendment adding petitioner to lease and renewal lease with both petitioner and intending immigrant as tenants)
  • Joint car loan which includes initial letter acknowledging loan and four (4) months of loan statements
  • Itineraries and ticket stub copies of trips taken while petitioner and intending immigrant were dating
  • Itinerary and ticket stub copies of petitioner and intending immigrant’s honeymoon
  • Pictures of petitioner and intending immigrant before marriage, at the wedding, and during the honeymoon

Copies of documents submitted are exact photocopies of unaltered documents and I understand that I may be required to submit original documents to an Immigration or Consular officer at a later date.

Signed,

--------------------

I-485:

Enclosed please find form I-485 along with its supporting documents. In addition are forms

I-765 Application for Employment Authorization and I-131 Application for Travel Document along with their supporting documents.

• Payment in the amount of $1010.00, personal check made payable to U.S. Department of Homeland Security.
  • Two (2) passport-type photos (with full name and DOB on back; no A number to provide at this time)
  • o Please note: entry stamps to the U.S. on passport pages 6 and 9 were short-term visitor stamps. Since (husband) is a Canadian citizen, he did not need a visa to enter the U.S. as a visitor.
  • Copy of DS-2019 which provides proof of current visa and evidence that intending immigrant is not subject to the two-year residency requirement

• Supplement A- Letter of explanation for why petitioner did not file taxes in 2007
  • Letter of Employment for intending immigrant, to be used for income purposes as well as proof that income will continue from this same source

• o Please note: this passport page also includes the I-94, arrival/departure record
  • Copy of DS-2019 which shows current visa status as well as proof that intending immigrant is not subject to the two-year residency requirement

• Copy of passport page showing picture, name, and date of birth, as well as the I-94
  • Copy of form DS-2019, certificate of eligibility for exchange visitor J1 status, showing present status in the U.S.
  • A letter explaining the circumstances that warrant issuance of Advance Parole document

Thanks in advance!

I haven't file mine yet, but reading trough yours, I can tell you it seems very detailed and I don't think you've missed anything... If anything, I hope you won't mind, I might use your list to and compare it to mine. :)

Adjustment of Status

11/03/10 ------- AoS (I-130/I-485) Package mailed out (Priority Mail)

11/07/10 ------- AoS Package received and singed for

11/10/10 ------- NOA1 received for I-130, I-485 and I-765 (emails)

11/12/10 ------- NOA1 received for I-130, I-485 and I-765 (hard copies)

11/12/10 ------- Touches on I-130, I-485 and I-765

11/19/10 ------- Biometrics appointment letter received

12/06/10 ------- RFE for I-693 (I think the issue is that it was not signed. Called USCIS and will receive a letter in a few days explaining)

12/13/10 ------- Biometrics done

12/16/10 ------- EAD card in production (email)

12/20/10 ------- Received "Letter of Explanation" for RFE (Service Request to expedite my case. Called USCIS and was told to ignore that and just send in response to RFE.)

12/22/10 ------- Touch (Email for Post Decision Activity on EAD saying that a letter of approval has been mailed out)

12/24/10 ------- Received EAD in the mail

12/27/10 ------- Applied for SSN

12/31/10 ------- Received Interview letter

01/03/11 ------- Received SSN card in the mail

01/07/11 ------- Mailed out response to RFE (I-693)

01/15/11 ------- Email confirming USCIS received RFE response

01/31/11 ------- Approved!

Pre-Adjustment of Status:

2006 -------- Met Online

02/07 ------- Visited him in the U.S. for what was suppose to be a few weeks (Came in with birth certificate and health card. Health card expired a few months after)

08/07 ------- Decided to get married because we didn't want to be apart (in the U.S.)

10/10 ------- USCIS Medical Done

I haven't file mine yet, but reading trough yours, I can tell you it seems very detailed and I don't think you've missed anything... If anything, I hope you won't mind, I might use your list to and compare it to mine. :)

Yeah sure, I don't mind! If you want the template for the whole letter just let me know and I can send it to you :)

AOS

08/15/09- Wedding

ROC

10/20/11- NOA1 issued

10/24/11- "Touch"

10/24/11- Check cashed

10/26/11- NOA1 received

0e871ca96e.png?html

~~~~

To me it looks perfect! All complete and good to go. Don't forget to make a copy of the whole package that you send in. Good luck!

Shoot for the moon - even if you miss, you'll land among the stars...

AOS completed in 11/2009

ROC completed in 06/2012
Received BBG from Germany in 02/2013

Passed N-400 interview and civics test 06/07/2013

Oath ceremony some time in July

To Whom It May Concern:

I-130:

Signed,

--------------------

I-485:

Thanks in advance!

You're good to go! But I'm just wondering if you need the DOB at the back of the passport photos. I read the instructions all you need is your name and the A#. Dont forget to join the thread for the October filers. Good luck to us!

Filed N-400 (Arizona Lockbox) - July 10, 2014

NOA received - July 22, 2014

Biometrics - August 8, 2014

In line for interview scheduling - August 12, 2014

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

Do you have a certified translation of the foreign birth certificate?That is necessary!

My N-400 Journey

06-02-2017 - N-400 package mailed to Dallas Lockbox

06-06-2017 - Credit card charged; received text and email confirming that application was received and NOA is on its way

06-10-2017 - Received NOA letter from NBC dated 06-05-2017

06-16-2017 - Received Biometrics Appointment Letter for 06-28-2017

01-19-2018 - Interview Letter sent

02-27-18 - Interview and Oath Ceremony. Finally US CITIZEN! 

My ROC Journey

03-08-2012 - I-751 package mailed to VSC

03-10-2012 - I-751 package delivered

03-14-2012 - Check cashed

03-15-2012 - NOA received, dated 03-12-2012

04-27-2012 - Biometrics appointment

11-23-2012 - ROC approved

11-28-2012 - Approval letter received

12-06-2012 - 10 years Green Card received

My AOS Journey

04-17-09 I-130&I-485&I-765 received by USCIS

04-19-10 AOS Approved

04-29-10 Green Card received

Thank you everyone for your input!

We added the DOB on all the passport photos since my husband doesn't have an A# yet. Our lawyer recommended it so that USCIS could keep track of the photos in case they get misplaced.

My husband is from Canada so he doesn't need a translation for his birth certificate since it's in English :)

We're hoping to send out on Thursday! Just need to make copies of my husband's tax transcripts & buy some manila folders for shipping!

I do have a question about shipping the entire package. Just out of curiosity, how did you all assemble your packages? Folders? Rubber bands? Just place all papers in the shipping box?

Edited by RebeccaAndPhil

AOS

08/15/09- Wedding

ROC

10/20/11- NOA1 issued

10/24/11- "Touch"

10/24/11- Check cashed

10/26/11- NOA1 received

0e871ca96e.png?html

~~~~

Filed: Country: Ghana
Timeline
I do have a question about shipping the entire package. Just out of curiosity, how did you all assemble your packages? Folders? Rubber bands? Just place all papers in the shipping box?

I used paper clips. USCIS however recommends ACCO fasteners :star:

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...00045f3d6a1RCRD

In preparing your packet, please take note of the following:

Do not use binders or folders that cannot be easily disassembled.

Use ACCO fasteners to hold together thick or bulky applications or petitions. Two-hole punching the top of the material for easy placement in the file is appreciated.

The use of tabs assist in locating items listed as attachments. The tabs should be placed on the bottom and not the side for ease in filing.

Avoid using heavy-duty staples; instead use ACCO fasteners or heavy clips.

Avoid submitting originals unless specifically required. Avoid submitting oversized documentation when possible.

If you are sending more than one case in an envelope, clearly separate the cases by rubber band or clip fasteners.

To be updated soon

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline
My husband is from Canada so he doesn't need a translation for his birth certificate since it's in English :)

:wacko::content: ups:) I missed that part! :P

In that case, I think you got everything!I was very impressed with your detailed list presented above and I think it will help a lot of "newbees" here.

Good Luck!!!! :star::star:

My N-400 Journey

06-02-2017 - N-400 package mailed to Dallas Lockbox

06-06-2017 - Credit card charged; received text and email confirming that application was received and NOA is on its way

06-10-2017 - Received NOA letter from NBC dated 06-05-2017

06-16-2017 - Received Biometrics Appointment Letter for 06-28-2017

01-19-2018 - Interview Letter sent

02-27-18 - Interview and Oath Ceremony. Finally US CITIZEN! 

My ROC Journey

03-08-2012 - I-751 package mailed to VSC

03-10-2012 - I-751 package delivered

03-14-2012 - Check cashed

03-15-2012 - NOA received, dated 03-12-2012

04-27-2012 - Biometrics appointment

11-23-2012 - ROC approved

11-28-2012 - Approval letter received

12-06-2012 - 10 years Green Card received

My AOS Journey

04-17-09 I-130&I-485&I-765 received by USCIS

04-19-10 AOS Approved

04-29-10 Green Card received

Thank you everyone for your input!

We added the DOB on all the passport photos since my husband doesn't have an A# yet. Our lawyer recommended it so that USCIS could keep track of the photos in case they get misplaced.

We're hoping to send out on Thursday! Just need to make copies of my husband's tax transcripts & buy some manila folders for shipping!

We used an envelope for each form instead of the folders :)

Filed N-400 (Arizona Lockbox) - July 10, 2014

NOA received - July 22, 2014

Biometrics - August 8, 2014

In line for interview scheduling - August 12, 2014

I used paper clips. USCIS however recommends ACCO fasteners :star:

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...00045f3d6a1RCRD

In preparing your packet, please take note of the following:

Do not use binders or folders that cannot be easily disassembled.

Use ACCO fasteners to hold together thick or bulky applications or petitions. Two-hole punching the top of the material for easy placement in the file is appreciated.

The use of tabs assist in locating items listed as attachments. The tabs should be placed on the bottom and not the side for ease in filing.

Avoid using heavy-duty staples; instead use ACCO fasteners or heavy clips.

Avoid submitting originals unless specifically required. Avoid submitting oversized documentation when possible.

If you are sending more than one case in an envelope, clearly separate the cases by rubber band or clip fasteners.

Yeah I was going to use ACCO fasteners but then I found another page on the USCIS website that contradicts that link you sent me.

Here: http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...00045f3d6a1RCRD

a little bit down in the page under #3 it says "Use paperclips when attaching supporting personal documents to forms (do NOT use “ACCO” fasteners; staples are acceptable when attaching fees)."

I wonder why they contradict themselves? :wacko: Anywho, to play it safe I just used paperclips and we are placing the I-130 in a metal clasp manila envelope and the I-485 in another one. Then we're puting both of those together in a bubble wrapped envelope to be mailed off!

AOS

08/15/09- Wedding

ROC

10/20/11- NOA1 issued

10/24/11- "Touch"

10/24/11- Check cashed

10/26/11- NOA1 received

0e871ca96e.png?html

~~~~

Filed: Country: Ghana
Timeline
I wonder why they contradict themselves? :wacko: Anywho, to play it safe I just used paperclips and we are placing the I-130 in a metal clasp manila envelope and the I-485 in another one. Then we're puting both of those together in a bubble wrapped envelope to be mailed off!

:) I'm glad I used Paper clips then. The link you sent is quite comprehensive and helpful.

Hurry up, mail off and come join the waiting process..... :lol:

To be updated soon

:) I'm glad I used Paper clips then. The link you sent is quite comprehensive and helpful.

Hurry up, mail off and come join the waiting process..... :lol:

heehee :blush: Yeah we are a bit OCD, my husband and I, haha. We ARE sending everything in tomorrow though! I'll see you at the October filing boards? I'm assuming you filed in Oct too :D

AOS

08/15/09- Wedding

ROC

10/20/11- NOA1 issued

10/24/11- "Touch"

10/24/11- Check cashed

10/26/11- NOA1 received

0e871ca96e.png?html

~~~~

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.