lucy_hk

NOA1 on 31st July 2006 ... 199 Days

30 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

As title....I really hope USCIS is bringing good news to us...

The waiting is too long..

:)

Hello, I am from Hong Kong :)

I-129F sent by my boyfriend: end July 2006

Receipt date of NOA1: 31st July, 2006

Last touched: 14th September, 2006

Touched: 13th Feb, 2007

Touched: 14th Feb, 2007

Told by immigration officer by person in the infopass appointment the application was denied 13th Feb

Touched: 28th Mar, 2007

Received a letter from USCIS early April: Spelling mistake of beneficiary's name corrected

Received 2 identical letters from USCIS 13th April: Your case is currently at the california center and should receive another update in 60 days

Eric changed his address online in May

Touched: 25th May, 2007

Touched: 29th May, 2007

Monitor close, you should be getting something any minute now, good luck! :thumbs:

Edited by Chad+Lira

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

You might as well start celebrating! Two touches in a row from CSC almost certainly is followed by an approval.

K1 Time Line

Don and Linh

October 22, 2006 - Sent I-129F

November 2, 2006 - NOA1

January 30, 2007 - NOA2

February 8, 2007 - Arrives at NVC

February 12, 2007 - Arrives at Consultate in HCMC

February 28, 2007 - Consulate sends out Packet 3

March 8, 2007 - Packet 3 recieved

May 11, 2007 - Packet 3 recieved by Consulate

As title....I really hope USCIS is bringing good news to us...

The waiting is too long..

:)

Wow, it's a long wait for you and I'm sure a tough one too. :wacko: We're pulling for you and with your 2 touches in a row, I'm sure you'll hear something from them. Good luck! :thumbs:

Mae

N-400 NATURALIZATION

04/04/2011 - Mailed N-400 to AZ Lockbox

04/06/2011 - Received

04/07/2011 - NOA

04/07/2011 - Check cashed

04/14/2011 - Biometrics appointment in the mail

04/21/2011 - Early Biometrics (was scheduled on May 4, 2011)

05/09/2011 - Case Status Notification - In line for interview and testing

05/10/2011 - Case Status Notification - Interview scheduled

05/14/2011 - Interview Appointment Letter in the mail

06/21/2011 - Interview Appointment Date

06/29/2011 - Case Status Notification - Placed in the oath scheduling que

08/16/2011 - Case Status Notification - Oath ceremony scheduled

09/15/2011 - Oath Taking - good riddance!

09/23/2011 - Applied for Passport

10/08/2011 - Passport in the mail

10/17/2011 - Certificate of Naturalization in the mail -- OFFICIALLY DONE!

"Love is a noble act of self-giving, offering trust, faith, and loyalty.

The more you love, the more you lose a part of yourself, yet you don't become less of who you are;

you end up being complete with your loved ones."

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

I feel difficult.....

My boyfriend made an infopass appointment via the website. He drove all the way from Grand Rapids to Detroit to meet the local office immigration officer regarding our k1. The appointment started 7:30am in the morning and he left home around 4am.

Finally, the officer told my boyfriend his application was denied on 13th Feb.

He asked the officer why, but the officer couldnt tell him, cause the system doesnt show a reason. But a written notice will be sent to my boyfriend later. The meeting did not last even for 30 minutes.

My boyfriend bought a lot of paperwork, skype and YM history, my passport copies, my plane ticket receipts copies and past boarding pass copies with him, photos, hope that he could present to this officer in the meeting. But the officer said since the decision was made back in 13th Feb, the documents he brought are not going to be reviewed.

It's 22:29 here and I guess my boyfriend is still on the way to home. He called my mobile when he was done with the meeting. I was just off work going home then.

Could not believe it has taken more than 6 months for them to process our case and in the end it got denied. It was denied just after NOA1. And I bet the US customs officers at the POE is going to prevent me from travelling to the US with my tourist visa even it's just a visit. Cause they will have this denial record.

I have known my boyfriend for 9 years. Why is God so mercy-less?

Told by immigration officer by person in the infopass appointment the application was denied 13th Feb

Received a letter from USCIS early April: Spelling mistake of beneficiary's name corrected

Received 2 identical letters from USCIS 13th April: Your case is currently at the california center and should receive another update in 60 days

:(

That is so sad! I'm so sorry...I'll be interested to find out why you were denied!

K-1 visa issued: 12/15/2006

107 days from mailing AOS package to receiving green card! Received 6/27/07 dated 6/20/07

Removing conditions:

mailed 5/22/2009

Recieved at CSC 5/23/2009

Check cashed 5/27/09

NOA date 5/26/09 - still not received

I-551 stamp in passport 6/19/09

Biometrics notice date 6/16/09

Biometrics received 6/20/09

Biometrics apt date 7/9/09

Biometrics cancellation notice 6/27/09

Biometrics apt notice date 6/26 recieved 7/7

Biometrics apt 7/22/09

Touch 7/22/09

Finally able to see online info 7/22/09

Card production email 8/19/09 date ordered 8/18

Recieved approval letter in mail 8/19/09 date 8/13!

Touch 8/19

Email stating approval notice sent 8/24/09

Green card in hand!! 8/24/09

Husband joined army and moved from San Diego to Ft. Benning GA! 8/30/11

Filed N400 based on 5 years of residency 9/12/12

Recieved email notifcation recieved package 9/19/12

Biometrics 10/22/12

Early Biometrics 10/04/12

In line for interview 10/8/12 for 8 days

Interview 11/20/12 PASSED!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

My guess is that the petition timed out due to the possibility of some sort of RFE that was not responded too. Based on the filing date it is possible that he would have been sent the infamous IMBRA RFE.

YMMV

Filed: Timeline
My guess is that the petition timed out due to the possibility of some sort of RFE that was not responded too. Based on the filing date it is possible that he would have been sent the infamous IMBRA RFE.

That's a very good point, one worth looking into, Lucy.

Also, have you and your boyfriend been face to face within 2 years of filing the petition?

Timeline

Thank you gwaguy and flutter95...

My boyfriend has never received any RFE notice so far..when he filled the I129F form, it's the latest one with IMBRA fields.

I feel helpless..even an appeal would take forever..

I am afraid even if we get married out of the US, the green card application would still be denied due to this very first k1 denial.

I just kept asking God..why me...but thanks for your care ...

Timeline

Lisa, we met 5 times from 2001 to 2006. Almost once a year. That's why we could afford...my last visit to the US 2006 January, I stayed there for 3 months (still within valid stay period). Then I came back to HK.

We followed the rules. We applied for k1. We avoid just getting married in the US while I was on a tourist visa. We were and still are honest to the government.

My boyfriend also has a job earning above the 125% poverty line though he is not rich.

Photos, plane ticket receipts, boarding passes, all the things that can prove us were sent last July to USCIS.

I am clueless...

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
My boyfriend has never received any RFE notice so far..when he filled the I129F form, it's the latest one with IMBRA fields.

Having never received an RFE versus one being issued and not received by the petitioner is two very different scenarios.

YMMV

Filed: Timeline
Lisa, we met 5 times from 2001 to 2006. Almost once a year. That's why we could afford...my last visit to the US 2006 January, I stayed there for 3 months (still within valid stay period). Then I came back to HK.

We followed the rules. We applied for k1. We avoid just getting married in the US while I was on a tourist visa. We were and still are honest to the government.

My boyfriend also has a job earning above the 125% poverty line though he is not rich.

Photos, plane ticket receipts, boarding passes, all the things that can prove us were sent last July to USCIS.

I am clueless...

Wow, it seems you had a very straightforward petition. I don't understand it either.

I suppose you just need to wait til you get the letter of denial. When did they say they're going to send that?

Timeline

Lisa, I guess USCIS will take forever to mail the official denial notice. When Eric (my boyfriend) asked the immigration officer in person at the infopass appointment, why the application was denied, the officer turned monitor, showed him the screen. The screen doesn't show any reason. So the officer is not lying. Only the officer in California center knows the secret.

Eric is going to appeal. But even this takes a long time..

He has never received any RFE so far. Thanks Lisa.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.