onyxrev

Six months in... who should I call?

30 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Today I officially hit 187 days from NOA1 , which is exaclty half a year or six months. I'm pissed. I have contacted my senators to no effect. Anyone have any ideas who I can yell at?

Dan & Sheryl (Twin Cities, MN and Calgary, AB Canada)

Feb 29 2004 - Met on LiveJournal.com

July 25 2005 - Things start to get 'romantic'

Nov 11 2005 - Met in person

Dec 31 2005 - Engaged

March 6 2006 - I-129F sent

March 9 2006 - I-129F NOA1

June 10 Case Transfered to CSC - assured by USCIS that NOA1 date would be honored

July 3 2006 - IMBRA RFE in the mail

July 5 2006 - RFE sent with extra evidence (plane tickets, receipts, letters, emails, photos)

July 10 2006 - RFE received

Aug 8 2006 - Congressional inquiry - told 129F cases are processed based on IMBRA RFE

Sept 20 2006 - Called DHS - Was told another RFE was sent three weeks ago

Sept 21 2006 - Local USCIS office claims RFE is a request for 'initial' evidence - RFE must be lost or was never actually sent.

Sept 22 2006 - Congressional inquiry #2- told "We are working on your case, please allow 60 days" ARGGHH

Sept 26 2006 - 6 touches from all my investigating

Oct 16 2006 - Finally received the RFE that's been holding up our case. It's the IMBRA RFE that we already sent in and was verified received!

Oct 17 2006 - Senator Mark Dayton's office finally gets USCIS to pull out petition for special processing.

Oct 24 2006 - FINALLY APPROVED!

Jan 18 2007 - Interview in Vancouver / K-1 received

Jan 23 2007 - Sheryl enters the US with me

Feb 17 2007 - Wedding!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Good question. Should you find out something, please post and let us" last leggers" know. (F)

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

You can call USCIS, but they will tell you to wait 30 more days, they have March 8 as the date of cases that they are now looking at posted on their site.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Today I officially hit 187 days from NOA1 , which is exaclty half a year or six months. I'm pissed. I have contacted my senators to no effect. Anyone have any ideas who I can yell at?

I dont really see that you can complain to anybody as your NOA1 is March 9th, and they are currently processing March 8th.. I realise that may people recieve their NOA2 before the processing date however I think that you need to at least wait until the processing date is later than your NOA1 date. Otherwise you are just going to get told to wait and call back after this date has passed....

I appreciate that the waiting game is a hard one to play.. just hang in there.. your time will come soon !!!..

Good luck with your journey !! :thumbs:

You can try yelling into a pillow to let off some steam, but beyond that, your patience will continue to be tested.

Sorry - Jen

8-30-05 Met David at a restaurant in Germany

3-28-06 David 'officially' proposed

4-26-06 I-129F mailed

9-25-06 Interview: APPROVED!

10-16-06 Flt to US, POE Detroit

11-5-06 Married

7-2-07 Green card received

9-12-08 Filed for divorce

12-5-08 Court hearing - divorce final

A great marriage is not when the "perfect couple" comes together.

It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Keeping fingers crossed for you.

OUR JOURNEY

K-1/K-2

04-04-2006 - NOA1

09-04-2006 - NOA2

09-16-2006 - NVC received

09-26-2006 - Received in MANILA EMBASSY

01-18-2007 - INTERVIEW - -APPROVED

02-02-2007 Zeraline and Zeahne Arrived in Hawaii

AOS

09-18-2008 - Sent AOS Application

09-25-2008 - NOA Received

Timeline

Yes, I called them yesterday and got the blow off. I was told to call back in 60 days if I do not hear anything because of the second RFE . 60 days means 8 months of waiting just to get an answer if we even qualify for a visa ???? C' mon, this is an outrage !

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Timeline

I dont really see that you can complain to anybody as your NOA1 is March 9th, and they are currently processing March 8th..

Christ. Gimme a break... that date is a convenience for them, not me.

Just called them and they told me that I need to be 30 days past the date on the site. I then told them that the date has gone backwards in the past and seems to be random. They said "Yes, it will do that."

Oooookie.

Edited by onyxrev

Dec 31 2005 - Engaged

June 10 Case Transfered to CSC - assured by USCIS that NOA1 date would be honored

July 5 2006 - RFE sent with extra evidence (plane tickets, receipts, letters, emails, photos)

Aug 8 2006 - Congressional inquiry - told 129F cases are processed based on IMBRA RFE

Sept 21 2006 - Local USCIS office claims RFE is a request for 'initial' evidence - RFE must be lost or was never actually sent.

Sept 22 2006 - Congressional inquiry #2- told "We are working on your case, please allow 60 days" ARGGHH

Oct 16 2006 - Finally received the RFE that's been holding up our case. It's the IMBRA RFE that we already sent in and was verified received!

Oct 17 2006 - Senator Mark Dayton's office finally gets USCIS to pull out petition for special processing.

Feb 17 2007 - Wedding!

Timeline

We do not want numbers shoved in our face, all we want is some answers. Is that too difficult to comprehend?

kodasmall3.jpg

Timeline

Thank you for this, Callina. I believe that phone calls and Senators can sometimes be usefull, but nothing can compare to the power of God himself.

God Bless. (F)

kodasmall3.jpg

Timeline

I have, and so did Onxyrev. (F)

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

Yes, jabree, to God anything is possible. His power goes far beyond that of senators and congressmen, and I'm so happy to see you share my conviction.

As for you, onyxrev, continue to pray and don't lose hope! Your voice will certainly be listened to! On the other hand, God also loves those men of courage who don't hesitate to fight for justice. Onyxrev could try to contact a congressman too, even if it's just to ask him to inquire on his behalf. :yes:

Timeline
I'm praying that God gives you the strength to cope with this period of stress and uncertainty. May you get a positive answer soon! (F)

Yes. My fiancee, Sheryl, gives me the strength to cope with this period of stress and uncertanity.

Dec 31 2005 - Engaged

Feb 17 2007 - Wedding!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.