Dean iWait

Premium Processing Expanded

20 posts in this topic

When is USCIS going to offer premium processing for family based petitions (K-1, 2 and 3)? I guess they think it's more important that employers be united with their employee then fiancees and spouses be united with each other. Apparently we can wait for freaking ever and nobody at USCIS or the U.S. government gives a #######. There's my rant and here is the link.

http://www.visaportal.com/agencies/article...?article_id=172

Edited by Dean iWait

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

DEAN AND SHERYL

That is BS in the highest order. Employment based Premium processing for $1000?

How bout a can of azz whup for free, from the family based petitioners?

When is USCIS going to offer premium processing for family based petitions (K-1, 2 and 3)? I guess they think it's more important that employers be united with their employee then fiancees and spouses be united with each other. Apparently we can wait for freaking ever and nobody at USCIS or the U.S. government gives a #######. There's my rant and here is the link.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I am not even going to read that link, because I know I will become extremely upset with it. I am sure every person here would pay whatever is needed for 'expediated processing'.

3/11/06 - 3/26/06 Visited my baby in the PI's

3/29/06 - K1 packet recieved at NSC

6/01/06 - Redirected to CSC

6/14/06 - CSC e-mailed confirmation on the reciept of file

6/23/06 - They they sent the IMBRA RFE

7/03/06 - The emailed that the IMBRA RFE went out on 6/23/06

7/03/06 - I received IMBRA RFE

7/05/06 - Touched

7/06/06 - Delivery Confirmation from the Post Office RFE recieved

7/11/06 - Email notification from CSC that IMBRA RFE Recieved

7/12/06 - Touched (but was to respond to an email that only said 'request recieved and will be processed within 30 days. argh)

7/13/06 - Touched

NOA2 September 11!!!

10/18/06 - Received at Embassy

12/23/06 - Recieved package with interview/medical schedule

01/08/06 - CFO interview/(pre-departure class) Complete

1/11/07 & 1/12/07 Medical complete

02/05/07 - Interview!!!

2/7/07 (2/8/07 manila) - Informed we are approved...3 days after interview.

2/12/07 Visa Received

2/16/07 Baby arrives in US!!!!!

4/14/07 Wedding

4/21/07 Filed AOS

When is USCIS going to offer premium processing for family based petitions (K-1, 2 and 3)? I guess they think it's more important that employers be united with their employee then fiancees and spouses be united with each other.

Maybe they don't feel right in giving family based immigration priority to those that can afford to pay more. Wouldn't that be like saying to some "sorry, you aren't affluent enough to get in the front of the line...you'll have to get in line behind Mr Wait because he could afford to pay more than you"? How long would it be before the screams were heard from those less affluent petitioners that they were being descriminated against?

If everyone could afford faster processing in such a system, then everyone would pay it and we would be back to normal processing times at a higher expense.

05/16/2005 I-129F Sent

05/28/2005 I-129F NOA1

06/21/2005 I-129F NOA2

07/18/2005 Consulate Received package from NVC

11/09/2005 Medical

11/16/2005 Interview APPROVED

12/05/2005 Visa received

12/07/2005 POE Minneapolis

12/17/2005 Wedding

12/20/2005 Applied for SSN

01/14/2005 SSN received in the mail

02/03/2006 AOS sent (Did not apply for EAD or AP)

02/09/2006 NOA

02/16/2006 Case status Online

05/01/2006 Biometrics Appt.

07/12/2006 AOS Interview APPROVED

07/24/2006 GC arrived

05/02/2007 Driver's License - Passed Road Test!

05/27/2008 Lifting of Conditions sent (TSC > VSC)

06/03/2008 Check Cleared

07/08/2008 INFOPASS (I-551 stamp)

07/08/2008 Driver's License renewed

04/20/2009 Lifting of Conditions approved

04/28/2009 Card received in the mail

I agree with "john_and_marlene." The only thing that bothers me is that yet again big business prevails. The get to flash a few dollars and obtain premium processing leaving others in this agonizing process in the dust. What's new!

Edited by Uling

[CLICK HERE] - MANILA EMBASSY K1 VISA GUIDE (Review Post #1)

[CLICK HERE] - VJ Acronyms and USCIS Form Definitions (A Handy Reference Tool)

Manila Embassy K1 Visa Information

4.2 National Visa Center (NVC) | (603) 334-0700 press 1, then 5....

4.3 Manila Embassy (Immigrant Visa Unit) | 011-632-301-2000 ext 5184 or dial 0

4.4 Department of State | (202) 663-1225, press 1, press 0,

4.5 Document Verification | CLICK HERE

4.6 Visa Interview Appointments website | CLICK HERE

4.7 St. Lukes | 011-63-2-521-0020

5.1 DELBROS website | CLICK HERE

6.2 CFO Guidance and Counseling Seminar | MANILA or CEBU

6.3 I-94 Arrival / Departure info | CLICK HERE

Adjustment of Status (AOS) Information

Please review the signature and story tab of my wife's profile, [Deputy Uling].

DISCLAIMER: Providing information does not constitute legal consul nor is intended as a substitute for legal representation.

When is USCIS going to offer premium processing for family based petitions (K-1, 2 and 3)? I guess they think it's more important that employers be united with their employee then fiancees and spouses be united with each other.

Maybe they don't feel right in giving family based immigration priority to those that can afford to pay more. Wouldn't that be like saying to some "sorry, you aren't affluent enough to get in the front of the line...you'll have to get in line behind Mr Wait because he could afford to pay more than you"? How long would it be before the screams were heard from those less affluent petitioners that they were being descriminated against?

If everyone could afford faster processing in such a system, then everyone would pay it and we would be back to normal processing times at a higher expense.

Oh, I understand. It's political. That doesn't make it right. The news headline would read some thing like "The USCIS gives preferential treatment to USC petitioners who pay $1,000, the little guy gets screwed again" Then they interview some poor slub who's whines about the inequities between the haves and have nots in America today and how he just wants to be with the one he loves but he just can't come up with $1000 to get his fiancee here quicker. If he only had a better opportunity than that ####### minimum wage job he might have that kind of money though. Poor guy. Nice little human interest story for the evening news.

But apparently it's ok to make small businesses that can't afford to pay the $1000 wait while big business gets their employee processed in 15 days. Doesn't make for a nice human interest story on the evening news though.

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

DEAN AND SHERYL

The amusing thing is that according to the USCIS ombudsman report, the faster processing actually costs USCIS less to do because paperwork is moved faster and more efficiently. However as USCIS relies on the funds brought in for expedited processing, it has no real impetus to process all applications the "quick and cheaper" way because it would mean a huge drop in income (USCIS is a self funded agency).

BTW - I agree with john_and_marlene on this as well. Making people pay to get to the front of the line makes no sense for businesses IMHO, it makes even less sense for families.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

hmm... I paid $1000 for a ticket, $100 for a visa, and had to get $500 worth of spending money on my last trip to Algeria... hm... I would have had no problem chucking out $1600 for an expedite... bleh.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
I am sure every person here would pay whatever is needed for 'expediated processing'.
Think again, I wouldn't. To me this seems like a bribe to speed up the process. Too many years of that BS in Russia for every little thing in life. The less of that we have here, the better.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Other Timeline

john_and_marlene is 100% correct on this. It's not an issue of the government wanting to help big business. It has everything to do with government not wanting to give the perception that rich individuals can bring their family members to the US faster because they can pay for it. That is DEFINITELY a no no. The news media would have a field day with this.

Personally I can afford the $1000 to EXPEDITE my personal processing had I this choice, but I think ethically it is wrong to even allow this sped up processing. That is why I'm so angry with VSC. They are essentially doing this already by processing and approving K-1 visas in 30 days or less while CSC takes at least 90 days. This is unfair and discrimination based on geographic location.

AOS I-485

07/10/07 - Sent I-485 via USPS Priority Mail to Chicago Lockbox

07/23/07 - Received NOA1 in my home mailbox

08/13/07 - Received ASC Biometrics Appointment Letter in my home mailbox

08/31/07 - USCIS mailed out Appointment letter with Postmark Date 8/31/07

09/04/07 - Received actual Appointment Letter (Interivew Date 10/30/07)

09/06/07 - Completed Biometrics Appointment at local ASC

10/30/07 - Scheduled AOS Interview Appointment - Approved

I-751

08/13/09 - Sent I-751 to CSC

08/17/09 - Receipt date of NOA

09/16/09 - Biometrics

09/17/09 - "Touched"

12/15/09 - Card production ordered

12/17/09 - Approval notice sent

12/21/09 - Received 10-Year GC and Welcome Letter

N-400

08/16/10 - Sent N-400 to AZ Lockbox via USPS First Class Mail with Delivery Confirmation

08/18/10 - USPS Confirms delivery: August 18, 2010, 9:57 am, PHOENIX, AZ 85036

08/24/10 - Check #501 for $675 cleared my account @ 11:20 pm EDT

08/27/10 - Received NOA dated 8/23/10 with a Priority date of 8/18/10

09/07/10 - Received Biometric RFE dated 9/3/10 -- Fingerprint apt. schedule 10/1/10

10/01/10 - Fingerprint Appointment-- Completed

10/09/10 - Received Interview Appointment Letter dated 10/6/10 for scheduled interview on 11/09/10

11/09/10 - Interview Passed

11/18/10 - Oath Ceremony

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I know this is not going to be a popular opinion but I would be in favor for a premium based service as long as the the quality of the review as well as the final decision were the same regardless of what level of service you used. In other words the amount you pay does not determine "IF" you get in but the speed at which you get a decision.

I would still be in favor of the service even if I could not afford and let me tell you why. Typically when this happens (as somone already pointed out) the process gets looked at and refined. Many of those refinements will make it to the other levels of service and even the non-premium services will be improved. The only problem is once they put that teired system in place the non-premium service will be forever stuck at some level. By this I mean if the premiums service garuntees 15 day turn around they will never let the non premium service fall below lets say 45 days. What this would do is garuntee some consistency in the process and you would not have a situation where VSC is cranking out approvals while CSC appears to be moving backwards...

Just my opinion.

Paul

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: Timeline

If they offer premium processing for family-based visas, that will create a two-tier system that will ensure that people with less money wait even longer. I say no premium processing, only expedites for valid reasons.

I understand why businesses want to have visas issued quickly...my SIL claims she has an expedited visa of some sort from the US, which was needed almost immediately or the jobs of several people in the UK might have been jeopardized. I don't know the details, though, since I'm not very close to my sister-in-law. I suppose I could ask, but she'd probably tell me to #### off. (We're REALLY not close.)

I know this is not going to be a popular opinion but I would be in favor for a premium based service as long as the the quality of the review as well as the final decision were the same regardless of what level of service you used. In other words the amount you pay does not determine "IF" you get in but the speed at which you get a decision.

I would still be in favor of the service even if I could not afford and let me tell you why. Typically when this happens (as somone already pointed out) the process gets looked at and refined. Many of those refinements will make it to the other levels of service and even the non-premium services will be improved. The only problem is once they put that teired system in place the non-premium service will be forever stuck at some level. By this I mean if the premiums service garuntees 15 day turn around they will never let the non premium service fall below lets say 45 days. What this would do is garuntee some consistency in the process and you would not have a situation where VSC is cranking out approvals while CSC appears to be moving backwards...

Just my opinion.

Paul

You do realize this is the US government you're talking about, right? :yes:

24 June 2007: Leaving day/flying to Dallas-Fort Worth

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

No.... tell me it ain't so... big biz gets the grease while the rest of us normal folks wait?

And by the way... no one ever accused the US Government of being innovative. (I work for US Dept Homeland Security).

So the guy who will replace me will be here before my fiance? #######? :P

03/03/06 - First met in Manila

05/23/06 - "First" visit for 1 week

07/02/06 - Second visit for 1 week

09/01/06 - Third visit for 1 week, engaged

09/22/06 - FedEx I-129F packet copy to CSC

09/25/06 - Received at CSC by N. Tan

09/27/06 - NOA 1 mailed

10/01/06 - Touched

10/04/06 - Received NOA 1

• 3 months later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

exactly...I don't understand why the big difference between the 2 service centers...if California has more than they can handle then Vermont needs to take some of the load...like those of us in Michigan...lol

john_and_marlene is 100% correct on this. It's not an issue of the government wanting to help big business. It has everything to do with government not wanting to give the perception that rich individuals can bring their family members to the US faster because they can pay for it. That is DEFINITELY a no no. The news media would have a field day with this.

Personally I can afford the $1000 to EXPEDITE my personal processing had I this choice, but I think ethically it is wrong to even allow this sped up processing. That is why I'm so angry with VSC. They are essentially doing this already by processing and approving K-1 visas in 30 days or less while CSC takes at least 90 days. This is unfair and discrimination based on geographic location.

Edited by boardashell_2000

MET ONLINE- JUNE 21, 2005

WENT TO VISIT YASSINE IN MOROCCO- APRIL 15, 2006

SENT IN I129F TO CSC- NOVEMBER 2, 2006

RECIEVED NOA1- NOVEMBER 15, 2006

CHECK CLEARED- NOVEMBER 20, 2006

NOA2!!-FEBRUARY 6, 2007

NVC RECIEVED CASE-FEBRAURY 16, 2007

NVC SENT CASE TO CASA-FEBRAURAY 21, 2007

CASA RECEIVED-FEBRAURAY 26, 2007

PACKET 3 RECEIVED-MARCH 5, 2007

INTERVIEW DATE-APRIL 4, 2007

VISA RECEIVED- APRIL 12, 2007 WOO HOO!!!!

US ENTRY- APRIL 26, 2007

WEDDING- MAY 4, 2007

FILED AOS & EAD- JULY 24, 2007

EAD CARD RECEIVED-OCTOBER 3, 2007

GREENCARD INTERVIEW-DECEMBER 13, 2007

GREENCARD RECEIVED AFTER BEING LOST IN THE MAIL SENT BACK TO SERVICE CENTER AND REMAILED OUT AFTER SEVERAL PHONECALLS-JANUARY 25, 2008

FILING TO REMOVE CONDITIONS-SEPTEMBER 2009!

4621839_bodyshot_300x400.gif

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
exactly...I don't understand why the big difference between the 2 service centers...if California has more than they can handle then Vermont needs to take some of the load...like those of us in Michigan...lol

It is very unfair that the VSC processes applications in about 1/3 the time as the CSC. Last time I checked I paid the same amount of money. Why does my petition take 3 times as long? I can understand making changes to improve the system but who decided the geographical breakdown that determines where applications are processed? I swear I could hand my niece 2 crayons and a US map and she'd do a better job. If it's taking about 90 days at one site and 30 days at the other it would make sense to shift a few more petitions to the faster site to balance the load. I guess that makes too much sense though.. :whistle:

Married on 11/21/06 in her hometown city Tumauini located in the Isabela province (Republic of the Philippines)

I-129 Timeline

12/12/06 - Mailed I-129 package to Chicago Service Center

12/14/06 - Received by Chicago Service Center

12/18/06 - NOA1 notice date from Missouri (NBC)

12/21/06 - NOA1 received in mail

12/27, 12/29, 12/31 - Touches

01/06/07 - Transfered to California Service Center

01/11/07 - Arrived at California Service Center

1/12, 1/16, 1/17, 2/6 - Touches

02/06/07 - NOA2 from California Service Center

02/11/07 - Received NOA2 in mail

02/15/07 - Arrived at the NVC - MNL case # assigned

02/20/07 - Sent to US Embassy in Manila

02/26/07 - Received at Embassy

03/30/07 - Packet 4 received

05/09/07 - Medical scheduled (did early)

05/16/07 - Interview

05/23/07 - Visa Delivered

05/25/07 - POE in Newark, NJ

I-130 Timeline

11/27/06 - Mailed I-130 package to Texas Service Center

11/29/06 - Package received by Texas Service Center

12/06/06 - NOA1 notice date from California Service Center

12/09/06 - Touch

12/11/06 - NOA1 received in mail

02/06/07 - NOA2 from California Service Center

02/11/07 - Received NOA2 in mail (I-130 held at CSC)

--------------------

Pinoy Info Forum - For the members of Asawa.org in diaspora

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.