brc22

Time to complain to CIS Ombudsman?

56 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I read on external forum that a group of people waiting for employment based green card applicants complained to Ombudsman about slow response rate from NSC in early 2007. Many people complained together by sending e-mails. About 3 weeks following the flurries of comments, NSC started approving cases. Many people saw approvals even in weekends.

I think it is time for us to come together and e-mail CIS Ombudsman. We can all have a e-mail format without any case details and then send it one by one demanding immediate attention to IR1/CR1 and K-3 applicants who have been unreasonably waiting. This should get VSC working fast. CSC applicants who have filed in July are getting approved now but VSC filers are in serious dilemma.

I can post that link if allowed to post external links here.

What do you all think???

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Sounds good !!

K3 Visa

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Islamabad, Pakistan

I-130 Sent : 2008-01-22

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-02-13

I-130 Approval : 2008-09-08

I-129F Sent : 2008-03-03

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-03-04 (Received in post : 2008-03-18)

I-129F NOA2 : 2008-09-08

NVC Received : 2008-09-15

NVC left: 2008-09-16

Embassy received: Around 2008-09-23

Package 3.5 received: 2008-10-08

PAckage 3.5 sent: 2008-10-09

Medical: 2008-11-10

Interview date: 2008-11-24

Date of entry into US: 2008-12-14

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Good idea. Can you post a sample email complaint with email address for CIS Ombudsman? May be all of us waiting at VSC can to this. We just need to modify email content to match our own story, so that it does not appear as mass spam emails.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
I read on external forum that a group of people waiting for employment based green card applicants complained to Ombudsman about slow response rate from NSC in early 2007. Many people complained together by sending e-mails. About 3 weeks following the flurries of comments, NSC started approving cases. Many people saw approvals even in weekends.

I think it is time for us to come together and e-mail CIS Ombudsman. We can all have a e-mail format without any case details and then send it one by one demanding immediate attention to IR1/CR1 and K-3 applicants who have been unreasonably waiting. This should get VSC working fast. CSC applicants who have filed in July are getting approved now but VSC filers are in serious dilemma.

What do you all think???

great idea!! :thumbs: please get us the email address. lets all unite and flood their mailbox with our complaints...its high time their get their butts moving...its becoming a pain now....if its bothering me, i can imagine the pain u guys have been going through who have waited for months without a word.

USCIS (Vermont Service Center) Journey

Mailed I-130 Packet on 05/27/08

Approved: 12/23/08

NVC Journey

NVC Case Number assigned 01/02/09

Case Completed 01/21/09

End of Visa Journey

New Delhi Embassy Interview 03/17/09

VISA APPROVED!!!!!

Timeline

I think this is a good opportunity to vent our frustrations positively. let not procrastinate on this. let's do it. I'll get e-mail address. Can someone please draft up an e-mail? Someone who can eloquently, yet strongly, get the point across.

comeon fellow K3 filers. this is our chance.

Timeline
I think this is a good opportunity to vent our frustrations positively. let not procrastinate on this. let's do it. I'll get e-mail address. Can someone please draft up an e-mail? Someone who can eloquently, yet strongly, get the point across.

comeon fellow K3 filers. this is our chance.

CJ - i think we shud all type up our own emails with different content but eventually hitting the same topic. this way it doesnt seem like a crafted or well put together initiative. we shud ALL do it but do it with differnt content...my opinion. but u r absoultely right...lets not procrastinate on this and get the ball rolling ASAP...

NVC Journey

Case Completed 01/21/09

End of Visa Journey

VISA APPROVED!!!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sudan
Timeline

What do you all think???

great idea!! :thumbs: please get us the email address. lets all unite and flood their mailbox with our complaints...its high time their get their butts moving...its becoming a pain now....if its bothering me, i can imagine the pain u guys have been going through who have waited for months without a word.

I totally agree. There is no need to tell everybody story. People could send email using their own email address when the write up is ready.

Timeline

What do you all think???

I totally agree. There is no need to tell everybody story. People could send email using their own email address when the write up is ready.

People normally visit CR1/IR1 forum more that the K3, you may need to post the idea over there as well.

Filed: Timeline

I agree. Let us treat this as an opportunity to get our point across rather than spam. There is a case problem worksheet (http://www.dhs.gov/xlibrary/assets/cisomb_dhsform7001.pdf) but that will mean that all will have to specify their details and submit it via mail. So, e-mail will work better. It has in the past.

Ombudsman's name is Michael Dougherty.

The mail should be addressed to "cisombudsman@dhs.gov", ""cisombudsman.trends@dhs.gov"" AND CC should be "USCIS-COMPLAINT@DHS.GOV", "CISOmbudsman.Publicaffairs@dhs.gov"

DHS hotline is 1-800-323-8603 and fax is 202-254-4292.

Let us all unite and e-mail them. fax a copy of this letter too. You do not need to give personal information. We all need volume of people to contact otherwise it won't make too much of a difference.

I will try drafting the format later today.

As a side note, read this annual report in June 2008 - http://www.dhs.gov/xlibrary/assets/CISOMB_...Report_2008.pdf It offers good insights to USCIS systems, their practices etc. I haven't read all but plan to do to see if they had forecasted this slowness (and future plans) when the report was published.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

What do you all think???

Here's the link for CIS Ombudsman,it gives you all information you need to know on submitting your case problem. LETS DO IT GUYS!

http://www.dhs.gov/ximgtn/programs/editori...97.shtm#content

Hope this helps, and I am not violating any VisaJourney.com rules on posting external link.

Enjoy!

U.S. Passport

xx-xx-2012: Passport application sent

I-130 petition for Sibling

07-19-2012: Sent I-130 via Priority mail

07-23-2012: I-130 received by PHX lbx (forwarded to california)

07-23-2012: Priority date

07-30-2012: I-797 receipt received

1. CR1 [Completed: 2009/Total Days: 325]

2. ROC [Completed: 2011/Total Days: 222]

3. CITIZENSHIP [Completed: 2012/Total Days: 125]

4. US PASSPORT [Completed: 2012/Total Days: ]

While I agree that each letter should be different, each letter SHOULD have something that lets the Ombudsman know that he cant just single us out one by one and that we will go to the press as ONE if he doesnt adhere to VSC and our complaint. There needs to be UNITY otherwise we will just join the million complaints they already recieve. perhaps everyone include a copy of the spreadsheet and BOLD their name. If everyone did that it would be pretty dramatic and they wont be able to say, you're within processing times. Cause it would show all the people who got approved OUTSIDE and before the processing times.

Our strength is in numbers.

What do you all think???

Here's the link for CIS Ombudsman,it gives you all information you need to know on submitting your case problem. LETS DO IT GUYS!

http://www.dhs.gov/ximgtn/programs/editori...97.shtm#content

Hope this helps, and I am not violating any VisaJourney.com rules on posting external link.

Enjoy!

CR1

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-02-19

Touched : 2008-09-26

Touched : 2008-09-27(they work on saturdays?)

I-130 NOA2 : 2008-09-29

222 DAYS

CR2 (Our)daughter

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-06-27

I-130 NOA2 : 2008-09-26

89 DAYS

K3

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-04-08

I-129F NOA2: 2008-09-29

173 DAYS

~~~NVC~~~

10-01-2008 NVC Case Recieved/Numbers Assigned

10-02-2008 NVC IIN Numbers Acquired after 14 tries. (take the "call after 10p" tup) it WORKS

10-04-2008 Paid AOS $70 AND sent DS-3032 by email (.pdf) and by MAIL

10-08-2008 AOS SHOWED AS PAID - AOS Docs Sent out

10-08-2008 IV FEE GENERATED then PAID

10-08-2008 SDQ CONSULATE GRANTS EXPEDITE REQUEST AND REQUESTS CASE

10-27-2008 SDQ INFORMS MY WIFE, TO PICK UP "OPEN INTERVIEW" PAPERS

10-28-2008 INTERVIEW PAPERS AND MEDICAL INST. RECIEVED

10-29-2008 MEDICAL DONE

11-04-2008 MEDICAL RESULTS RECIEVED

11-05-2008 INTERVIEW (APPROVED)

#-#-#### VISA/PASSPORT(S) RECEIVED

#-#-#### POE

TOTAL DAYS FORM PETITION TO INTERVIEW-260 DAYS or 8 months, 17 days

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Can anyone tell me where I can find information about what kind of issue the Ombudsmanen had sucessfull work with, i mean if thats worth to spend time to write to her/him? Or is this a typical public complain line,, one way in, and nothing come out, like VSC? Im going to write if I can see its worth it..

Timeline
just wrote them the strongest possible e-mail I've ever written about this matter. let's hope someone reads it.

I still think one email format about the delay (especially K3 ) .One format will be 100 better than individual story. The main idea is to let them know there are many people suffering from the delay and the unfairness at VSC. Everybody could add his contact info to let them know this is not spam.

Timeline
While I agree that each letter should be different, each letter SHOULD have something that lets the Ombudsman know that he cant just single us out one by one and that we will go to the press as ONE if he doesnt adhere to VSC and our complaint. There needs to be UNITY otherwise we will just join the million complaints they already recieve. perhaps everyone include a copy of the spreadsheet and BOLD their name. If everyone did that it would be pretty dramatic and they wont be able to say, you're within processing times. Cause it would show all the people who got approved OUTSIDE and before the processing times.

Our strength is in numbers.

very very true.....i agree 1000% :thumbs:

NVC Journey

Case Completed 01/21/09

End of Visa Journey

VISA APPROVED!!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.