Charliehereforyou

Medical Exam

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

My fiancee wants to know all about the Medical exam particularly as it applies to OB/GYN part of the exam. Can someone please let me know if you

have had the Medical Exam if it is very detailed? Can she ask for a female doctor?

Thanks!

Filed: Timeline
My fiancee wants to know all about the Medical exam particularly as it applies to OB/GYN part of the exam. Can someone please let me know if you

have had the Medical Exam if it is very detailed? Can she ask for a female doctor?

Thanks!

When i had my medical last aug 6 i was as scared as ur fiancee but when it was at the physical exam part where u hav to be naked, it wasnt as embarrassing as what i thought it was...ur fiancee will have to wear a hospital gown and will be asked to lie down....the doctor will be female that i assure u and as a nurse i know that as a patient u have the ryt to ask for a female doctor if they assigned a male doctor to ur fiancee..tell her that if that happens to her...the doctor checked my ####### because some may have hemorrhoids and i heard that should be removed first...then the doctor told me to be in a position like when you deliver a baby and just look on my private area that was just it...she didnt have internal examination and this only took happened for 5 mins i guess so no room for fears tell her that...hope this would help

No internal exam, my underwear stayed on during the whole exam. The only OB/GYN specific part was a breast exam.

DCF Timeline here

POE Timeline

08/24/2008 POE Seattle

08/29/2008 SSN assigned

09/08/2008 SSN (Card) received

09/29/2008 Green Card received

I-90 Timeline (USCIS error)

11/10/2008 Send I-90 to Texas service center

12/xx/2008 NOA1

01/07/2009 Card production ordered

01/14/2009 Card mailed

01/xx/2009 Card received

I-751 Timeline

06/02/2010 Send I-751 to California service center

06/04/2010 Received at CSC

06/07/2010 NOA1

06/09/2010 Check cashed

07/27/2010 Biometrics

07/28/2010 Touch

09/02/2010 Approved

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Thanks!

When i had my medical last aug 6 i was as scared as ur fiancee but when it was at the physical exam part where u hav to be naked, it wasnt as embarrassing as what i thought it was...ur fiancee will have to wear a hospital gown and will be asked to lie down....the doctor will be female that i assure u and as a nurse i know that as a patient u have the ryt to ask for a female doctor if they assigned a male doctor to ur fiancee..tell her that if that happens to her...the doctor checked my ####### because some may have hemorrhoids and i heard that should be removed first...then the doctor told me to be in a position like when you deliver a baby and just look on my private area that was just it...she didnt have internal examination and this only took happened for 5 mins i guess so no room for fears tell her that...hope this would help

Thanks so much. knowing what to expect will help a lot. I'll tell her about asking for a female doctor, but do you know for sure they will accomodate her?

Thanks!

Medicals are so different and so much of it depends on the country. For information like this, it might be a good idea to either PM someone who's fiance is from China, or look on the specific forums. I'm just saying this because, being a woman, and reading threads over the past two years about female examinations, I know that they differ from country to country. Don't set her up to expect one thing when it may not be the case for your area.

All the best!

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: Timeline
Medicals are so different and so much of it depends on the country. For information like this, it might be a good idea to either PM someone who's fiance is from China, or look on the specific forums. I'm just saying this because, being a woman, and reading threads over the past two years about female examinations, I know that they differ from country to country. Don't set her up to expect one thing when it may not be the case for your area.

All the best!

hi!

im not giving false reassurance here...im just relating what happened to me as i know its a case to case basis...but what i am certain of as 1 of the healthcare team i am sure that as a patient you have the right to request for a female doctor....that is 1 of the patients bill of rights...im not basing only on my experience and by just reading threads here ok? i have been working in different hospitals and i have had observed and experienced cases such as physical exams wherein patients asked for female doctors and it was being granted...im informing him as not all of us knows that...god bless...

All the best!

hi!

im not giving false reassurance here...im just relating what happened to me as i know its a case to case basis...but what i am certain of as 1 of the healthcare team i am sure that as a patient you have the right to request for a female doctor....that is 1 of the patients bill of rights...im not basing only on my experience and by just reading threads here ok? i have been working in different hospitals and i have had observed and experienced cases such as physical exams wherein patients asked for female doctors and it was being granted...im informing him as not all of us knows that...god bless...

I guess that's great IF there is a female doctor. Maybe they don't have any? And depending on what is examined...in what country, maybe you don't need a female doctor. Either way, my comment wasn't about a female doctor, it was about what the process is while having a physical examination period. In some countries a women's vaginal area is examined, in some, there is a breast examination. In some countries they don't even look. I'm not quesitoning the right to have a female doctor.

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I read from this forum that during medical exam if you have haemorrhoid you will be asked to remove it? Why is this so since it is not a communicable disease?

I read from this forum that during medical exam if you have haemorrhoid you will be asked to remove it? Why is this so since it is not a communicable disease?

Please post the link. I've never heard of anyone with hemmoroids having to have them removed in order to immigrate. Maybe they thought they had to, or maybe they wanted to before they came here, but I've never seen anything quite like that before!

Of course it's not a communicable disease, and wouldn't have to be removed whatsoever.

Again, please post where you read this.

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Thanks!

Thanks!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Guatemala
Timeline
Medicals are so different and so much of it depends on the country.

:yes: I agree. Our embassy had specific instructions for the OB/GYN exam, the instructions said female applicants who were sexually active needed to provide the results of their last pap smear test. BUT that could be very different for other embassies, that's why its better to check with another VJers that went through the same Embassy, maybe you can post the same question on your Regional Forum.

APPLIED FOR NATURALIZATION 07/2021

08.01.2011 - I-751 SENT

08.05.2011 - Check cashed

08.08.2011- NOA Received

08.19.2011 - Biometrics Letter Received

09.12.2011 - Biometrics Appointment

01.27.2012 - Card production ordered

02.01.2012 - 10 year GC Received

07.25.2021 - N400 filed online

08.09.2021- Biometrics re-use notice

04.18.2022- Interview done at Minneapolis USCIS Local Office   ✔️ Received N-652 "Congratulations your application has been recommended for approval" during the interview.

05.19.2022- Oath Ceremony in MN

Thanks!

Thanks!

Thanks for providing the post that talks about hemorrhoids. What I do see here however is that this person had their medical, and they were checked for hemorrhoids and that she had heard they they should be removed, however the doctor just had her change position, and looked at her genital/####### region and that was it.

So, no, she didn't have to have hemorrhoids removed, and they are not a communicable disease. Please don't tell other posters this.

carlahmsb4.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.