tammy2688

Calling All AP survivors!

18 posts in this topic

Hello,

I wish you all a wonderful day, my prayers are with all of us who are going through AP and know what it feels like. Those who do not know what the term is, let it be that way.

I called DOS today for updates, as I heard since my husband's 221g issuance in September 2007 that AP was completed this january, 2008. DOS informed that AP is not a single check, single agency, single event. We must understand this and calm ourselves and birng patience. What happens a lot if that our cases get clearance from an AP, then enter the embassy/consulate, if you happen to call at that time, you are told your case is in AR, consulate administrative review. (Sometimes AR/AP are used interchangably by DOS)

The point is that, these cases take so long to be processed because EVERY single database holding names must be cleared in order to issue the visa.

That is why when we wonder why one name check is taking so long we get into misery but understanding that is is SEVERAL CHECKS BY SEVERAL AGENCIES, each operating at different speeds and the time consumed from having the case go TO the embassy, then BACK, is what takes the time.

I pray for all of us going through AP.

The 2006-2007 generation may be coming to a close, as we get our cases completed in 2008. Some visas in hand have come this January and February 2008, I wish for all of us to keep our patience, pray with sincerity, and know that we will have our wonderful days in due time.

Tammy

AP: Over 1 year.

Visa: Nov 2

US Entry: Nov 13, Alhamdulillah.

BelieveButterflyfortile.jpgPrayerisPower_Cover.jpghello.gif

Its an never-ending circle.

Thanks for your strength and info Tammy!

I need to talk to God more --- give thanks for my blessings and pray for a non-LD relationship.

Have a good weekend - get outside!!!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I need to talk to God more --- give thanks for my blessings and pray for a non-LD relationship.

hey thanks for the info all .. My wife's case is also on AP frm last 7 months now .... waiting wen will it be completed.....

Filed: Timeline

hey thanks for the info all .. My wife's case is also on AP frm last 7 months now .... waiting wen will it be completed.....

ap for almost one year , have a faith in Allah i hope it will come to an end one day as i am sure our life will come to and end one day too

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Been on AP for over 15 months now. I'm not sure what's next for us. I called the DOS today and they said our papers were sent to another dept now and not to expect any results for at least 4-6 months. We just keep waiting.

05.02.2008 - Sent AOS & EAD package to Chicago.

05.04.2008 - Package recieved in Chicago.

05.09.2008 – Received NOA's.

06.04.2008 - Biometrics appt.

07.25.08 - Work Permission Received in Mail

07.28.08 - Applied for Social Security Number

08.04.08 - Received Social Security Number in Mail

09.29.08 - Started job

01.29.09 - AOS Interview

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

This is NOT an easy thing, I'm sorry that you're going through it.

How far have you gone with Senator/Congressmen/attornies?

Has the State Dept. let you know what the checks are? It seems there are very few ways out of Administrative Processing other than just waiting. . . but after 15 months I know I would be trying to find any way possible to call attention to myself. . .I was going crazy at 7 months.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
This is NOT an easy thing, I'm sorry that you're going through it.

How far have you gone with Senator/Congressmen/attornies?

Has the State Dept. let you know what the checks are? It seems there are very few ways out of Administrative Processing other than just waiting. . . but after 15 months I know I would be trying to find any way possible to call attention to myself. . .I was going crazy at 7 months.

No attorneys. I've sent inquiries to my senator 3 times and heard back twice. The last response said to not contact them for another three months and then I can contact them again.

05.02.2008 - Sent AOS & EAD package to Chicago.

05.04.2008 - Package recieved in Chicago.

05.09.2008 – Received NOA's.

06.04.2008 - Biometrics appt.

07.25.08 - Work Permission Received in Mail

07.28.08 - Applied for Social Security Number

08.04.08 - Received Social Security Number in Mail

09.29.08 - Started job

01.29.09 - AOS Interview

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

I would suggest you to get help from your local congressman instead senator. My area senator was worthless and at the end they told me they were not able to do anything. Write a letter to the head of Dept homeland security. I even wrote letter to secretary Rice and Mr president Bush. I always ask them to change the criteria why they can't solve these issues within 6 months.

Finally my dad arrived here and his AP was for 16 months. Please don't dishearten and keep follow up with your US embassy, local congressman, and dept of state.

Write a letter to homeland security and cc: secretary Rice and President Bush, and make a note or log wheat date you have sent the letter to them.

Hope this will help someone.

Thanks,

dial1010usa@yahoo.com

Timeline

Hello,

I have a question from all of you who are on AP that did you guy ever been issued a visa to US and traveled on that, cause what i found out is that if you have gotten visa multiple time or single time they are not going through an AP. People who are on AP are the ones who never got visa before. Is it true or false please let me know? reason for asking this is i have 5 multiple visit visa's to USA one my passport and one is still valid which i got in 2006 April and is valid till 2011 and they did do my clearance check cause on my visa it's says clearance received and they kept my passport for 3 months this clearance. Am i still going to go on AP as my Interview is on 5 May, any suggestions please?

Timeline
Hello,

I have a question from all of you who are on AP that did you guy ever been issued a visa to US and traveled on that, cause what i found out is that if you have gotten visa multiple time or single time they are not going through an AP. People who are on AP are the ones who never got visa before. Is it true or false please let me know? reason for asking this is i have 5 multiple visit visa's to USA one my passport and one is still valid which i got in 2006 April and is valid till 2011 and they did do my clearance check cause on my visa it's says clearance received and they kept my passport for 3 months this clearance. Am i still going to go on AP as my Interview is on 5 May, any suggestions please?

This is often true, hopefully it will be for you as well.

Some of the documentation I read about this--posted on this site--was that if the visa is still in validity or the name checks/old AP have not expired, then the person will not need AP. However, there are MANY reasons for AP, not just name checks. Be prepared for any questions they ask with evidence and hopefully everything will be fine.

If your visa is still valid they should not need to do AP for name check or security clearance reasons.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

IM JUST WONDER ABOUT SOME THING why the amircan embassy at cairo dont put the DV visa ppl who choss them be luck on LONG AP LIKE US just 2 monthes for lottery visa AP , why just with husband visa the ap long

Timeline

Renewing my faith, we just found out that the security checks are done and my husband will be granted his visa! :)

CR1 application

I-130: 03/26/2007-07/02/2007 at NSC

NVC: 07/20/2007-11/08/2007

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 01/18/2008

(2 months' additional security checks)

Received Green Card: 05/12/2008

Removal of Conditions

I-751: 2/25/10-

Timeline

Assalam-o-Alaikum!

I haven't written in a while so I thought i'd chime in and give a status update on my wife's CR-1 (spousal visa) case. Her interview was in Islamabad, Pakistan on July 3rd 2007. She was placed under A/P. I tend to call the Dept of State on a weekly basis with the hopes of good news. April will be 9 months and I am getting more and more depressed. Other than giving us the information that our application is pending....it's really frustrating. My wife and I keep kicking ourselves thinking maybe if we had done a different visa. Perhaps we could have changed her last name which incidentally is Khan (doesn't help :angry: ) I pray for all of us on AP that we are reunited with our spouses soon. Thank God we have technology to keep us connected and somewhat together.

I am still very much interested if there are any other CR-1 Applicants who had their interviews in July 2007 in Islamabad for the US. If you write to the Embassey in Islamabad in that automated response it states that until you have been in AP for 10 months not to bother even contacting them. Has any of us contacted the embassey post 10 months wait?? Do they actually do anything? Thanks VJ for letting me ramble. Thanks and God Bless

Timeline
Assalam-o-Alaikum!

I haven't written in a while so I thought i'd chime in and give a status update on my wife's CR-1 (spousal visa) case. Her interview was in Islamabad, Pakistan on July 3rd 2007. She was placed under A/P. I tend to call the Dept of State on a weekly basis with the hopes of good news. April will be 9 months and I am getting more and more depressed. Other than giving us the information that our application is pending....it's really frustrating. My wife and I keep kicking ourselves thinking maybe if we had done a different visa. Perhaps we could have changed her last name which incidentally is Khan (doesn't help :angry: ) I pray for all of us on AP that we are reunited with our spouses soon. Thank God we have technology to keep us connected and somewhat together.

I am still very much interested if there are any other CR-1 Applicants who had their interviews in July 2007 in Islamabad for the US. If you write to the Embassey in Islamabad in that automated response it states that until you have been in AP for 10 months not to bother even contacting them. Has any of us contacted the embassey post 10 months wait?? Do they actually do anything? Thanks VJ for letting me ramble. Thanks and God Bless

Hi all,

my husband has been on AP over 7months, I was emailing the ISB embassy as well i was getting the same automated response wait 10months and then email them. I emailed the ISB last wk or so and told them i was expecting and wanted to know if my husband would make to see his first child's delivery then the guy said he would put a request to DC for expediting the case. Other than that I havent contacted them via phone. Now the other thing is my husband work's and lives in Abu Dhabi, but since we got married in Pakistan he had to go there for the interview.

Other than that just keep hope that Inshallah this will all be over soon.

I-129F (K3) Form:

07-08-06 – Married

01-17-07 – NOA1 rec’d

05-10-07– I-129F Approved, in 90 days from your filing date.

05-10-07 – Forwarded to ISB Emb.

06-19-07 – Initial Interview date but since he had business trips later changed to August 28, 2007 put on AP , given white slip

03-28-08 – call DOS case going in & out of AP

03-30-08 - called ISB said they requested case to be expedited

04-08-08 - Husband received email from ISB to pick up visa :) :) yippppyyyyyyyy

04-02-08 - VISA PRINT DATE

04-21-08 - will be in ISB to pick up visa :) :)

VISA IN HAND on 04-21-08 VISA Issuance DATE on 04-02-08

June 6, 2008 Arrived in USA POE Detroit, <10mins to do immigration, very nice + helpful officer, Zero harassment level even though husband has a very very common name

.png

.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.