okspider

Copenhagen Interview Experience

6 posts in this topic

Me and my Fiance' arrived in Copenhagen at 10 a.m. by train. Our interview was at 2 p.m. so we had a lot of time to kill before we went to our interview. Around 1 p.m. we decided to go there. There were 2 guys outside the building and they told us to come back at 1:45. We went to a cafe down the street and waited out our time. We got in there and we went through security. They took our phones and ipods and gave us a little tag so we could get it back on the way out. We went in there and we were the only people in there besides an older couple who didn't have all their paperwork together. We were called up and a very nice lady went through all our paperwork and even corrected stuff for us. Then we were told to sit back down and wait for the interviewer. They didn't look at our pictures or anything. They didn't care about the letters of itent either. So we waited. She called us up to the window asked us how we met, what he intended to do in America, what I was doing in America, where we were going to live, and she took his fingerprints. Said that everything looked good pending the results from the fingerprints coming back from America. I asked again just to make sure we were approved and she said yes! It was actually really really easy. They said they would let us know about the fingerprints. And yeah it was easy :)

Visa Journey

04/20/2007 | I-129F Filed

03/15/2008 |Married!

AOS JOURNEY

04/25/2008 | AOS Filed/EAD Filed

09/11/2008 | Green Card Received *Sighs Relief*

03/15/2009| Happy 1 year wedding anniversary!

03/15/2010| Happy 2 years!

Removing Restrictions:

07/14/2010 | Biometrics for I-751

09/10/2010 | RFE

10/28/2010 | Interview in Cleveland *APPROVED*

Got Green Card. Done!

Married 6 years, March 15, 2014

GRATZIES!!!!!!

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

Congratulations!!!

Thanks so much! I have been watching your case since we filed around the same time and I hope everything goes well for you!!!

Visa Journey

04/20/2007 | I-129F Filed

03/15/2008 |Married!

AOS JOURNEY

04/25/2008 | AOS Filed/EAD Filed

09/11/2008 | Green Card Received *Sighs Relief*

03/15/2009| Happy 1 year wedding anniversary!

03/15/2010| Happy 2 years!

Removing Restrictions:

07/14/2010 | Biometrics for I-751

09/10/2010 | RFE

10/28/2010 | Interview in Cleveland *APPROVED*

Got Green Card. Done!

Married 6 years, March 15, 2014

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline
Me and my Fiance' arrived in Copenhagen at 10 a.m. by train. Our interview was at 2 p.m. so we had a lot of time to kill before we went to our interview. Around 1 p.m. we decided to go there. There were 2 guys outside the building and they told us to come back at 1:45. We went to a cafe down the street and waited out our time. We got in there and we went through security. They took our phones and ipods and gave us a little tag so we could get it back on the way out. We went in there and we were the only people in there besides an older couple who didn't have all their paperwork together. We were called up and a very nice lady went through all our paperwork and even corrected stuff for us. Then we were told to sit back down and wait for the interviewer. They didn't look at our pictures or anything. They didn't care about the letters of itent either. So we waited. She called us up to the window asked us how we met, what he intended to do in America, what I was doing in America, where we were going to live, and she took his fingerprints. Said that everything looked good pending the results from the fingerprints coming back from America. I asked again just to make sure we were approved and she said yes! It was actually really really easy. They said they would let us know about the fingerprints. And yeah it was easy :)

Congratulations! We had our interview yesterday. His was in Copenhagen too!!

Nov 2005 -met online

Feb 2006 -met in person

2006 Lived together in US for 6 mos

Jan 2007 -got engaged

2007 Living together until April

March 19, 2007 -sent I129-f

March 20, 2007 -package received at CSC stamped"USCIS RECEIVED"

March 26, 2007 - NOA1 approved

June 8, 2007 - NOA2 approved -received notice by snail mail June 13, 2007 petition has been sent to the NVC

June 27, 2007- NVC forwarded packet to Denmark

January 10, 2008-Interview at the Embassy

January 18, 2008-Visa Approved

February 14, 2008-Got married in Texas

March 2008- received SSN

April 2008-ASC/Biometrics Appt.

April 2008-Notice that case was transferred to CSC

May 2008-received EAD

November I485 Approved-Permanent Resident Card will be here in 3 weeks!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.