~ameriptian~

Is it possible to have the fiancee visa packages sent to my post office mail box?

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

My fiance and I are filing a k1 visa for me to move with him to the US. We have met online 9 months ago and we meet in person a few weeks ago. I have moved a lot in cities in my country and I had a lot of my mail lost before, so I got a mail box to where I get all my mail near where I currently reside now. While we filled the papers together when he was with me (he hasn't sent the papers yet) i wrote the address where I live now and wrote my mail box address on a piece of paper and asked to receive the visa papers on it. My question is: Is it possible to really receive the visa package to my mail box at the post office? It is serious and we desperately want to be together... Please answer and real life stories about the k1 visa even if not related exactly to my question would be really helpful.

Thank you!

ROC Timeline

8/1/12: ROC window opens
9/4/12: ROC packet sent
9/8/12: ROC packet delivered to VSC
9/12/12: Check cashed
9/14/12: NOA letter received (NOA dated 9/10/12)
9/20/12: Biometrics letter received (Bio appointment 10/15/12)
10/12/12: Early biometrics walk-in

4/27/13: RFE received

6/17/13: RFE response sent

7/1/13: ROC petition approved

7/5/13: GC received in the mail.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
My fiance and I are filing a k1 visa for me to move with him to the US. We have met online 9 months ago and we meet in person a few weeks ago. I have moved a lot in cities in my country and I had a lot of my mail lost before, so I got a mail box to where I get all my mail near where I currently reside now. While we filled the papers together when he was with me (he hasn't sent the papers yet) i wrote the address where I live now and wrote my mail box address on a piece of paper and asked to receive the visa papers on it. My question is: Is it possible to really receive the visa package to my mail box at the post office? It is serious and we desperately want to be together... Please answer and real life stories about the k1 visa even if not related exactly to my question would be really helpful.

Thank you!

I wasn't sure what to mark down for my address with the petition, because we don't have a mailbox, but i knew they needed a physical address too. So, I gave them both (assuming they'd know why i gave them a PO box address). The mail ended up at my house (thanks to the friendly mailman) and the PO box part was ignored. Later i just did the change of address thing online, and now everything's been coming to my PO box instead. I think you might have better luck where you wrote down a note asking for the mail to be delivered to your po box though :)

Just keep an eye out for your mail, and if by chance the NOA1 comes to your house, just do a change of address and you should be set. I hope your NOA1 gets sent to the right place and nothing happens to it. Good luck!

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : London, United Kingdom

I-129F Sent : 2008-11-26

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-12-01

*Touched*: 2009-03-04

(change of address)

*touched*: 2009-03-05

*touched AGAIN* 2009-03-10

*touched* 2009-03-11

*touched* 2009-03-12

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-03-12!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NVC forwarded our stuff to London: 2009-03-16

London gets it: 2009-03-16 (same day apparently, weird?)

Martin receives pkt 3 2009-03-30

Interview: 2009-06-26 .........APPROVED!

Martin comes here: August 4th 2009 :D

Wedding: 2009-9-19

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Thank you that was helpful :thumbs: I hope all goes well with you and have a great time in London :)(F)

ROC Timeline

8/1/12: ROC window opens
9/4/12: ROC packet sent
9/8/12: ROC packet delivered to VSC
9/12/12: Check cashed
9/14/12: NOA letter received (NOA dated 9/10/12)
9/20/12: Biometrics letter received (Bio appointment 10/15/12)
10/12/12: Early biometrics walk-in

4/27/13: RFE received

6/17/13: RFE response sent

7/1/13: ROC petition approved

7/5/13: GC received in the mail.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Thank you!

Yes, you can use a PO box as a "mailing address" but will still have to list a physical address and alos all the physical addresses you have lived at in the last 5 years on the G-325a.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline

We decided to use my Mother-In-Law's address on everything because she is home 100% of the time and would be sure to get any mail... as opposed to the address of the flat my husband shared with 2 other men. This turned out to be a mistake... because during the Embassy's "background investigation" of my husband they easily discovered from the bowab of my mother in law's building that he didn't actually LIVE with his Mom, even though he came there every day to visit. This led the investigator to suspect that he was still living with his ex-wife, and that he had faked his divorce... in order to marry me..

This delayed the administrative processing by about 10 days... but in the end the investigator came back to Alex and visited the building where my husband lived and interviewed the whole building to confirm he lived there with 2 other men, for 3 years... End of AP... Visa came in about another week...

Just be sure to give both addresses...

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Just as a quick note:

The NOA1 and all of that stuff will go to the American, not the foreign fiance(e). Unless I'm reading incorectly, we don't know who is writing, the American or the foreign. Just thought I'd throw that out there! But as far as what address to put, others have answered that already and if you are the foreign then you WILL get mail at the embassy stage!

Edited by Marina-Del

N-400 Naturalization Process

June 25, 2013 --Qualified for Citizenship!

October 12, 2017 --Electronically filed

October 13, 2017 --NOA1

October 31, 2017 --Biometrics Appointment -ATL

ROC

April 5, 2012 --Sent I-751 to Vermont Service Center

May 21, 2012 --Biometric Appointment at ATL office

December 12, 2012 --10 year Green Card in hand

DCF Process

October 10, 2009 --Married in São Paulo

January 14, 2010 --Filed I-130 at São Paulo Consulate for DCF

May 17, 2010 --VISA IN HAND!

June 24, 2010 --POE in Atlanta

• 1 month later...
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
so will myself (the fiancee beneficiary) receive nothing from USCIS, only something from fiancee or is nothing emailed to me the foreign fiancee at all?

Nothing is really emailed to anyone. Sometimes they send emails to the American (or whatever email address you give them on the forms) that give status updates on the case at USCIS level, but MANY (I'd go so far as to say most) never receive these emails.

The American fiance(e) will receive snail mail of the NOA2 notification and sometimes (but not always) notification that the case has moved to NVC. Then once the case gets to the embassy in your country, YOU, the foreign will receive mail from the American Embassy that you will be going though. Some embassies send emails, but most don't from what I understand.

N-400 Naturalization Process

June 25, 2013 --Qualified for Citizenship!

October 12, 2017 --Electronically filed

October 13, 2017 --NOA1

October 31, 2017 --Biometrics Appointment -ATL

ROC

April 5, 2012 --Sent I-751 to Vermont Service Center

May 21, 2012 --Biometric Appointment at ATL office

December 12, 2012 --10 year Green Card in hand

DCF Process

October 10, 2009 --Married in São Paulo

January 14, 2010 --Filed I-130 at São Paulo Consulate for DCF

May 17, 2010 --VISA IN HAND!

June 24, 2010 --POE in Atlanta

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.