antda

I-751: Biometrics Letter Received, But....

14 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

Hi Everyone,

On an intuitative hunch, I decided to drive over to the post office this morning instead (the mail comes in the afternoon for me). And sure enough, when I asked the mailperson for my mail, I got...

My I-751 Biometrics letter!!!

"That's just what I was waiting for", I said happily, thanked them, opened up the envelope and went out the door. When I got home, I got another phone call, and found out that I had a specialized medical appointment next week (which definitely cannot be rescheduled). After that, I read my biometrics letter again and noticed that the appointment was for two weeks later. I then realized that I have a problem on my hands...

Now this is where the problem comes in: Both appointments are at in Buffalo, NY, which is about a long distance 2hr-3hr drive each way from where I live. I cannot afford the extra time (especially so for my husband as he has to drive me there as I can't get there on my own) or the extra gas (gas is getting more expensive these days and we're on a really tight budget right now) to go to Buffalo twice in such a short period of time. So I want to "kill two birds in one stone" by just only going to Buffalo once next week. As well, I don't want to further delay my biometrics by having to re-schedule for god-knows-when later on if I can't go when originally scheduled.

So is there any way I can get my biometrics done a week earlier? Will it cause problems if I do it this way? Is there any way I can do a "walk-in" next week, as it doesn't make much of a difference if it is a week earlier anyways? Do they still do walk-ins anymore for biometrics? Has anyone here ever done a walk-in a week beforehand and been successful at it (especially in Buffalo, where it is not a big city and it is generally not too busy)? I figure it wouldn't hurt to explain my situation to them, and they can either accept me that day, or the worst case they can do is turn me away at the door, right?

Therefore, should I take the "walk-in gamble" for biometrics next week? Help!

Any thoughts, ideas, suggestions, etc. is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Ant (Wondering about the "walk-in gamble"....)

Edited by AntandD

**Ant's 1432.gif1502.gif "Once Upon An American Immigration Journey" Condensed Timeline...**

2000 (72+ Months) "Loved": Long-Distance Dating Relationship. D Visited Ant in Canada.

2006 (<1 Month) "Visited": Ant Visited D in America. B-2 Visa Port of Entry Interrogation.

2006 (<1 Month) "Married": Wedding Elopement. Husband & Wife, D and Ant !! Together Forever!

2006 ( 3 Months I-485 Wait) "Adjusted": 2-Years Green Card.

2007 ( 2 Months) "Numbered": SSN Card.

2007 (<1 Months) "Licensed": NYS 4-Years Driver's License.

2009 (10 Months I-751 Wait) "Removed": 10-Years 5-Months Green Card.

2009 ( 9 Months Baby Wait) "Expected": Baby. It's a Boy, Baby A !!! We Are Family, Ant+D+BabyA !

2009 ( 4 Months) "Moved": New House Constructed and Moved Into.

2009 ( 2 Months N-400 Wait) "Naturalized": US Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization. Goodbye USCIS!!!!

***Ant is a Naturalized American Citizen!!***: November 23, 2009 (Private Oath Ceremony: USCIS Office, Buffalo, NY, USA)

2009 (<1 Month) "Secured": US Citizen SSN Card.

2009 (<1 Month) "Enhanced": US Citizen NYS 8-Years Enhanced Driver's License. (in lieu of a US Passport)

2010 ( 1 Month) "Voted": US Citizen NYS Voter's Registration Card.

***~~~"The End...And the Americans, Ant+D+BabyA, lived 'Happily Ever After'!"...~~~***

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

bring both notices and get the biometrics done for all your cases at one time at the first appointment... not a problem

Edited by fwaguy

YMMV

Hi Fwaguy,

Which "bring both notices" are you talking about? Do you mean the biometrics letter and the medical appt. letter/note or something else?

By the way, the medical appt. is not immigration related like the biometrics appt. is. As well, I only have one immigration case, so I'm not sure what you're referring to there either.

Thanks for your reply though :)

Ant

bring both notices and get the biometrics done for all your cases at one time at the first appointment... not a problem
Edited by AntandD

**Ant's 1432.gif1502.gif "Once Upon An American Immigration Journey" Condensed Timeline...**

2000 (72+ Months) "Loved": Long-Distance Dating Relationship. D Visited Ant in Canada.

2006 (<1 Month) "Visited": Ant Visited D in America. B-2 Visa Port of Entry Interrogation.

2006 (<1 Month) "Married": Wedding Elopement. Husband & Wife, D and Ant !! Together Forever!

2009 ( 9 Months Baby Wait) "Expected": Baby. It's a Boy, Baby A !!! We Are Family, Ant+D+BabyA !

2009 ( 2 Months N-400 Wait) "Naturalized": US Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization. Goodbye USCIS!!!!

***Ant is a Naturalized American Citizen!!***: November 23, 2009 (Private Oath Ceremony: USCIS Office, Buffalo, NY, USA)

2009 (<1 Month) "Enhanced": US Citizen NYS 8-Years Enhanced Driver's License. (in lieu of a US Passport)

***~~~"The End...And the Americans, Ant+D+BabyA, lived 'Happily Ever After'!"...~~~***

Hi Fwaguy,

Thanks for your reply again. Yeah, since it's was a week beforehand, as you said, "you can always try..." Would save me a lot of worries if I can get it done earlier next week than two weeks later as originally scheduled....

Ant

it is easier to get your biometrics done a week later than a week earlier.... You can always try....

Oops...spelling error there, it's "intuitive", not "intuitative". Sorry...

On an intuitative hunch,

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi Ant,

yes, give it a try. The worst that can happen is that they say no; the best is that they say yes. You can try explaining the distance and cost problem to the guard when you arrive with your letter and he/she may take pity on you.

You will probably get two biometrics notices - one for the EAD and one for the AOS. If they do all ten fingers and thumbs plus take your picture that is the AOS. If they only do thumb and fore finger plus take your picture, that is the EAD.

Good luck.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Hi Kathryn41,

Thanks for your reply. I like what you reassuringly said about "the worst that can happen is that they say no, and the best is that they can say yes". Lol...who knows, maybe they will take pity on me, when I explain my "sob story"/situation....

I don't know what you mean there about the AOS and the EAD, as I have a 2yr conditional green card and have already done the AOS stage (I didn't do the EAD then) before two years ago...lol...Unless I'm missing something here at this I-751 10 yr unconditional green card stage of the game and they want to repeat the AOS again?

But I do know from what I've read hear on VJ that "code 3" for the biometrics (which is listed on my letter) means "all four fingers and thumbs and photo and signiture", right? Lol...so yeah, I'll be prepared for the prints and photo then.

Ant

P.S. Congratulations too, Kathryn41, for getting your case "touched". Good luck in getting your 10yr green card soon too.

Hi Ant,

yes, give it a try. The worst that can happen is that they say no; the best is that they say yes. You can try explaining the distance and cost problem to the guard when you arrive with your letter and he/she may take pity on you.

You will probably get two biometrics notices - one for the EAD and one for the AOS. If they do all ten fingers and thumbs plus take your picture that is the AOS. If they only do thumb and fore finger plus take your picture, that is the EAD.

Good luck.

Edited by AntandD

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

OOPS, shows what happens when I switch between forums physically and forget to switch mentally! No, you just need the one biometrics. Good luck! And Thanks.

Hi Kathryn41,

Thanks for your reply. I like what you reassuringly said about "the worst that can happen is that they say no, and the best is that they can say yes". Lol...who knows, maybe they will take pity on me, when I explain my "sob story"/situation....

I don't know what you mean there about the AOS and the EAD, as I have a 2yr conditional green card and have already done the AOS stage (I didn't do the EAD then) before two years ago...lol...Unless I'm missing something here at this I-751 10 yr unconditional green card stage of the game and they want to repeat the AOS again?

But I do know from what I've read hear on VJ that "code 3" for the biometrics (which is listed on my letter) means "all four fingers and thumbs and photo and signiture", right? Lol...so yeah, I'll be prepared for the prints and photo then.

Ant

P.S. Congratulations too, Kathryn41, for getting your case "touched". Good luck in getting your 10yr green card soon too.

Hi Ant,

Good luck.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Hi Kathryn41,

That's ok, it was just an honest mistake. I know what you meant there, but was just a bit confused when you mentioned it, that's all. Don't worry, we've all done things like this before online, especially from being on the computer for too long. Glad though, that I only have to do biometrics once this time around. Lol..once is enough each round for me. Meanwhile I'll have to keep my hands in good condition until I get my biometrics done (lol...no craft projects for me until then...:(...)

Hmmm...I like to call this "VJzimers", which is "mistakes and forgetfulness resulting from being on VJ too long..."

Ant (Soon to be developing a case of "VJzimers" too....)

OOPS, shows what happens when I switch between forums physically and forget to switch mentally! No, you just need the one biometrics. Good luck! And Thanks.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

This thread might help people with the same question...

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...p;#entry2235630

My case:

-Green Card through marriage.

-Entered US as an F1 Student.

-Happily Married on Aug/23.

-I live in NJ.

-Cases at NBC.

Forms sent:

-I-130,I-131,I-485,I-864

Timeline:

-Day 000:09/08/08-Forms received in Chicago

-Day 010:09/18/08-Biometrics notice. App:10/01/08.

-Day 012:09/20/08-Biometrics done(Walk-in)

-Day 025:10/03/08-RFE Letter

-Day 028:10/06/08-RFE sent back

-Day 032:10/10/08-RFE received

-Day 077:11/24/08-EAD & AP Approved

-Day 082:11/29/08-AP Received

-Day 088:12/05/08-EAD Received

-Day 091:12/08/08-AOS Interview Letter received!

-Day 169:02/24/09-AOS Interview. Place:Newark, NJ

Hi Carcar,

Thanks for your reply in my thread. Lol...I just posted in your thread recently (the link below), and yes, I found that helpful too. Thanks.

Again, congratulations Carcar on your successful biometrics. And hopefully, I'll have the same luck as you did this week too on the walk-in.

Ant (Gambling on a walk-in this week...)

This thread might help people with the same question...

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...p;#entry2235630

My husband did a walk-in biometrics because the day of his scheduled biometrics was the first day of his new job. He went in, explained the situation, and they did it right then.

February 17, 2005--mailed in I 129F to CSC!

February 24, 2005--1st NOA

March 15, 2005--2nd NOA

April 11, 2005--Fiance receives Packet 3

May 19, 2005 Fax Checklist(Nigeria police report finally arrives)

June 6, 2005-- Interview Date!!!!Visa approved!!

June 18, 2005--Fiancee arrives in Hawaii!

August 14, 2005--wedding in Oregon

September 12, 2005--sent in AOS

September 20, 2005--1st NOA AOS

September 23, 2005--Walk-in biometrics completed

October 1, 2005--fingerprints received/processing resumed

November 26, 2005--EAD card received in mail

June 7, 2006--contact senators about AOS

June 28, 2006--senator says interview date is for August 14!!

August 14, 2006--AOS interview and 1 year wedding anniversary

Hi Onwa,

Thanks for your reply. It's good to hear that your husband was successful when he did his walk-in biometrics (in Portland, I'm guessing based on your profile). One less problem to worry about before he started work. Did they give him any problems when they went in that day? Were there a lot of people there when he went that walk-in day?

I agree, that wouldn't have been good for him to skip work because of the biometrics (even though he had the appointment letter to prove such), as his new workplace probably wouldn't have been too happy with him missing that important first day of work. It must have been somewhat frustrating for your husband too that they co-incidently scheduled the biometrics day on the same day he was supposed to start his new job.

Hopefully, I'll be as lucky as in terms of getting my walk-in biometrics done successfully beforehand this week.

Good luck on your immigration journey too.

Ant (Taking the "walk in biometrics gamble" this week....)

My husband did a walk-in biometrics because the day of his scheduled biometrics was the first day of his new job. He went in, explained the situation, and they did it right then.
Edited by AntandD

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.