cjgator

How to deal with NVC

16 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

For any of you NVC vets who may have experienced something like this....

My wife's I-129F and I-130 was approved just before Xmas.

She is Belarussian, which means she has 2 potential embassies to deal with for the exit interview. Minsk for the K3 (non-immigrant), Warsaw for the IR-1 (immigrant).

We're going K3. We have our reasons for going this route, which I won't spell out here, but a lot of it has to do with her logistics.

USCIS got the info to NVC on January 5. Checked with NVC later that week, they said the 129-F packet was sent to Minsk on Jan 6. Then, I get two identical letters from NVC over the next week, one dated 1/7, and one dated 1/13, saying the info would be sent to Minsk within a week. I called NVC to ask about these, but again, they said it had been sent on 1/6.

Been calling the Minsk embassy since 1/6, up to and including today (1/23), they say they have nothing. Every time I tell NVC that, they say the same thing. They sent on 1/6.

From a tip provided by another VJ'er, I checked DHL's website for the packages sent from NVC since 1/6, up to today. Over 700 packages, sent to all embassies around the world, including some close to Belarus (Warsaw, Moscow, Kiev), but not a single one to Minsk. I decided to call DHL and speak to a rep, he confirmed this. Nothing to Minsk sent from NVC.

So, I call NVC back today, tell them Minsk still has nothing, and DHL says nothing has been sent. My suspicion is they may have mistakenly sent this to Warsaw. I tell the agent that. She was terse, and told me, no, it was sent to Minsk, on January 6, you just have to be patient. I ask her, wouldn't it be unusual for a DHL package to take 17 days to get to Minsk, especially when DHL shows no record of a transmittal, not even one that is in transit. She said there is no way I could get that info from DHL. I told her that I most certainly did get the info, from two sources - their website, and a DHL agent. She said to continue to be patient, and if it didn't get there by the end of the month, to call back.

I think this is BS, and it has me concerned, because there is obviously a time-ticker on the I-129F and I-130 approvals. I'm thinking about calling my congressman's office to see if I can get them to look into this.

Any thoughts? I would really appreciate the perspective of those who have experienced something similar.

Thanks.

CJ-G

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

She is Belarussian, which means she has 2 potential embassies to deal with for the exit interview. Minsk for the K3 (non-immigrant), Warsaw for the IR-1 (immigrant).

We're going K3. We have our reasons for going this route, which I won't spell out here, but a lot of it has to do with her logistics.

USCIS got the info to NVC on January 5. Checked with NVC later that week, they said the 129-F packet was sent to Minsk on Jan 6. Then, I get two identical letters from NVC over the next week, one dated 1/7, and one dated 1/13, saying the info would be sent to Minsk within a week. I called NVC to ask about these, but again, they said it had been sent on 1/6.

Been calling the Minsk embassy since 1/6, up to and including today (1/23), they say they have nothing. Every time I tell NVC that, they say the same thing. They sent on 1/6.

From a tip provided by another VJ'er, I checked DHL's website for the packages sent from NVC since 1/6, up to today. Over 700 packages, sent to all embassies around the world, including some close to Belarus (Warsaw, Moscow, Kiev), but not a single one to Minsk. I decided to call DHL and speak to a rep, he confirmed this. Nothing to Minsk sent from NVC.

So, I call NVC back today, tell them Minsk still has nothing, and DHL says nothing has been sent. My suspicion is they may have mistakenly sent this to Warsaw. I tell the agent that. She was terse, and told me, no, it was sent to Minsk, on January 6, you just have to be patient. I ask her, wouldn't it be unusual for a DHL package to take 17 days to get to Minsk, especially when DHL shows no record of a transmittal, not even one that is in transit. She said there is no way I could get that info from DHL. I told her that I most certainly did get the info, from two sources - their website, and a DHL agent. She said to continue to be patient, and if it didn't get there by the end of the month, to call back.

I think this is BS, and it has me concerned, because there is obviously a time-ticker on the I-129F and I-130 approvals. I'm thinking about calling my congressman's office to see if I can get them to look into this.

Any thoughts? I would really appreciate the perspective of those who have experienced something similar.

Thanks.

CJ-G

The only advice I would like to give you is I know you want to pursue k3 route for personal reason, but since that route is not getting you anywhere why dont you try CR1 route and complete all the paper at NVC.

U.S. Passport

xx-xx-2012: Passport application sent

I-130 petition for Sibling

07-19-2012: Sent I-130 via Priority mail

07-23-2012: I-130 received by PHX lbx (forwarded to california)

07-23-2012: Priority date

07-30-2012: I-797 receipt received

1. CR1 [Completed: 2009/Total Days: 325]

2. ROC [Completed: 2011/Total Days: 222]

3. CITIZENSHIP [Completed: 2012/Total Days: 125]

4. US PASSPORT [Completed: 2012/Total Days: ]

Timeline

Yeah, I'm giving that some serious consideration. It creates issues for her, but I think it's better than sitting around while nothing happens. If I cannot get some movement by early next week, I think I'm gonna start filling out the forms.

C

Thanks.

CJ-G

The only advice I would like to give you is I know you want to pursue k3 route for personal reason, but since that route is not getting you anywhere why dont you try CR1 route and complete all the paper at NVC.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Chris,

how did you check the DHL site?

btw, we are in AP at NVC :(

Lisa

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Timeline

go to www.dhl.com

select "united states", hit go.

go to the "track" button, hit "track by reference"

where it says Reference*, put in a code like this: EXP 12 JAN 2009A

That previous code would be for a package shipped on January 12.

So, if you wanted to do January 13, type EXP 13 JAN 2009A

if you want to check a date before January 10, like Jan 9, you have to put a zero in: EXP 09 JAN 2009A

Select a pickup date range from your shipment date, to today's date

For origin postal code, put in 03801 (NVC's zip code)

Hit "track"

The only detail you will get is the tracking number, status, ship date. origin, and destination. In your case, with an Amman embassy, yours maybe easy to spot. Like mine, Minsk. Not many Belarus visas, I guess. For cities like Moscow and warsaw (and others), there's a ton, so you can't really spot yours individually.

Hope your week has been OK. Take it easy, Lisa. Seems like the BS never ends.

CJ

Let me find the post. I think waithatter posted it, its on one of the K3 threads. I'll get back to ya soon.

Chris,

how did you check the DHL site?

btw, we are in AP at NVC :(

Lisa

Timeline

Thank you CJ :)

I hope you get this straightened out asap! I really am starting to think it doesnt end. Just when you finish one thing, its another.

Take care :star:

Lisa

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Thanks.

CJ-G

I totally understand your frustration. I have been in a very similar situation, only with USCIS not NVC. They approved our petition Sept 3 2008 and said it has been mailed to NVC asme day. However in January, (this month) when i contacted my senator she inquired for me and found out the case was never sent and for four+ months i was under the impression it has been sent. they were doing some addtional background checks and stuff due to which they approved it but never sent it.

Your best best at this point is contacting your senator or congressman...it usually helps, if CR1 is the most suitable route for you, fight for it!!!

.png

Timeline

Well, it turns out I was right. My congressman's aide phoned me about 10 minutes ago, NVC DID send the package to the wrong embassy (Warsaw), so the NVC supervisor told my rep's aide they would be sending a wire to the Warsaw embassy to forward the packet to Minsk immediately. She said if Minsk did not receive by mid-week, to phone the congressional office back.

Thumbs up to Congressman Bilirakis' office (especially Sonja Stefanadis, you rock), and a thumb to the nose of you arrogant and rude NVC reps who treated me like an idiot and would not help me when I explained to you last week that this is what I thought had happened.

Hopefully there will be no more screw-ups prior to the interview. We've had enough to last a lifetime.

Knock on wood.

C

Thanks.

CJ-G

Timeline
Well, it turns out I was right. My congressman's aide phoned me about 10 minutes ago, NVC DID send the package to the wrong embassy (Warsaw), so the NVC supervisor told my rep's aide they would be sending a wire to the Warsaw embassy to forward the packet to Minsk immediately. She said if Minsk did not receive by mid-week, to phone the congressional office back.

Thumbs up to Congressman Bilirakis' office (especially Sonja Stefanadis, you rock), and a thumb to the nose of you arrogant and rude NVC reps who treated me like an idiot and would not help me when I explained to you last week that this is what I thought had happened.

Hopefully there will be no more screw-ups prior to the interview. We've had enough to last a lifetime.

Knock on wood.

C

Thanks.

CJ-G

I am glad everything is sorted out and back on track. Good luck!

U.S. Passport

Timeline

You know wait, your info on the DHL tracking really helped. That's what sealed it for me that they screwed up. So, I ower ya one.. ;)

CJ

Knock on wood.

C

Thanks.

CJ-G

Timeline

Yaay CJ,

Im so glad you got them involved and everything is heading in the right direction. Good for you for being aggressive :thumbs::)

Keep us posted

Lisa

Knock on wood.

C

Thanks.

CJ-G

Thanks!

Timeline

You bet dear..

C

Yaay CJ,

Im so glad you got them involved and everything is heading in the right direction. Good for you for being aggressive :thumbs::)

Keep us posted

Lisa

Knock on wood.

C

Thanks.

CJ-G

Timeline
You know wait, your info on the DHL tracking really helped. That's what sealed it for me that they screwed up. So, I ower ya one.. ;)

CJ

Knock on wood.

C

Thanks.

CJ-G

Anytime brother! I glad I was little part of solving your problem. :thumbs:

U.S. Passport

Glad to see you got this sorted!! Why is it we have to be so aggressive in order to get anything done? It's sad that they system seems to fail over and over again! We end up doing it ourselves anyhow! Thank goodness for Congressmen and Senators that help!!! And thank goodness for VJ!! It's nice to know you can post and get help/suggestions right away from people like waithatter and everyone else on here! I (L)VJ!

***Naturalization ***

Submitted N-400: Dec 30, 2015
USPS Delivery Confirmation:
Direct Debit processed: Jan 5, 2015
NOA: Jan 9, 2015
Biometrics Appointment: Jan 28, 2015
Interview: May 7, 2015
Oath Ceremony: still waiting

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.