Marry American

Tourist Visa

23 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline
the visa was only 100 bucks, this was in February so I doubt its gone up much. We made the application online and then the interview appointment online (just follow the instructions they give you). I think it was about a month from the time we applied until she could get an appointment, but with the online scheduler they give you a calender of open dates and you can select what works best for you. The appointment itself was very quick and easy and total cost for the visa was about 100 dollars. She went back the day after the appointment and picked up her passport with visa. the whole procedure is NOTHING like what we go through to get our spouses here. Apparently its not a security or fraud risk for grandmothers-to-be to get here. :P

I guess I could get this information off the USCIS website, but do you pay online when making the appointment? Or will MIL have to pay when she goes to the interview?

she pays when she goes to the interview.

Photo1949-1.jpg

5GTLm7.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
the visa was only 100 bucks, this was in February so I doubt its gone up much. We made the application online and then the interview appointment online (just follow the instructions they give you). I think it was about a month from the time we applied until she could get an appointment, but with the online scheduler they give you a calender of open dates and you can select what works best for you. The appointment itself was very quick and easy and total cost for the visa was about 100 dollars. She went back the day after the appointment and picked up her passport with visa. the whole procedure is NOTHING like what we go through to get our spouses here. Apparently its not a security or fraud risk for grandmothers-to-be to get here. :P

I guess I could get this information off the USCIS website, but do you pay online when making the appointment? Or will MIL have to pay when she goes to the interview?

she pays when she goes to the interview.

great..i will let everyone know are results...we will apply after the holidays.

• 10 months later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
thats a good point, I also sent a letter of 'invitation' including my willingness and ability to support her as my guest while she was here. we based ours on the letters that are required for a visa to France.

Sarah - where do you find this letter?

Can anyone answer the last question

I can't, however maybe if you send a PM to the person that stated this about the letters, she could assist. She mentions something about the letters required for a visa to France, so maybe there is something on a France gov't website?

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline
thats a good point, I also sent a letter of 'invitation' including my willingness and ability to support her as my guest while she was here. we based ours on the letters that are required for a visa to France.

Sarah - where do you find this letter?

Sorry I didnt see this again until now.

I cant remember where I saw the original letter but the one we wrote was just simple and short, it just had her name and relation to us and extended a formal invitation for her to be our guest in our home at our expense for the duration of her visit (listing APPROXIMATE dates) then included our full names, address, phone numbers, etc. I think the purpose is just to verify its a family visit and she will be staying with us.

Hope that helps.

Photo1949-1.jpg

5GTLm7.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.