Marry American

Tourist Visa

23 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Please leave in Mena!

Who on here has had the opportunity for their in-laws to come for a visit (especially those visas from Maroc). Please tell about the application process. Also, please tell about the tourist visa in itself. I was under the impression that it will last for ten years, but you can only visit to the USA for six months out of the year. Then you must return for six months. Is there any truth to this?

What questions do they ask at the interview? I heard that if you are a much older woman that it is simple to get the visa-even if there are no real ties to Maroc.

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline
Please leave in Mena!

Who on here has had the opportunity for their in-laws to come for a visit (especially those visas from Maroc). Please tell about the application process. Also, please tell about the tourist visa in itself. I was under the impression that it will last for ten years, but you can only visit to the USA for six months out of the year. Then you must return for six months. Is there any truth to this?

What questions do they ask at the interview? I heard that if you are a much older woman that it is simple to get the visa-even if there are no real ties to Maroc.

A friend of ours from Morocco is a permanent resident, and so is his sister. Their mom has a ten-year tourist visa. She typically visits for three months or so at a time, but I don't know what the limitations are. He said she didn't have much trouble getting the visa. Sorry I don't have more information than that.

I'm the USC.

11/05/2007........Conditional permanent residency effective date.

01/10/2008........Two-year green card in hand.

08/08/2009........Our son was born <3

08/08/2009........Filed for removal of conditions.

12/16/2009........ROC was approved.

11/05/2010........Eligible for Naturalization.

03/01/2011........Separated.

11/05/2012........Eligible for Naturalization.

Timeline
Please leave in Mena!

A friend of ours from Morocco is a permanent resident, and so is his sister. Their mom has a ten-year tourist visa. She typically visits for three months or so at a time, but I don't know what the limitations are. He said she didn't have much trouble getting the visa. Sorry I don't have more information than that.

thank you for adding

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

i think for parents to get one is not so much of a big deal...but i'm not sure i would even bother for young people. i've known many people my age (20's) from various countries who have applied for a tourist visa here and were denied. even saying you will sponsor their entire trip means nothing.

"It's far better to be alone than wish you were." - Ann Landers

world-map.jpg

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

my MIL just got one no problem, it is good for 10 years and she stayed 2 months (just left, actually)

We did the application for her and you have to submit it online and then schedule the interview online but it wasnt a big deal at all...

Photo1949-1.jpg

5GTLm7.png

Timeline

Sara-

She already had a passport, correct?

My MIL has one; it just needs to be updated.

How long could she have stayed for? What questions did they ask her? Did she have to prove ties to Maroc?

Timeline

yes she had a passport and honestly I dont know what they asked her but I'll tell Adnan to ask her and find out for you. My impression was that they didnt ask her much at all. I beleive she did need to prove ties to Morocco but she has a bank account and owns an apartment and has other kids, etc. I'll find out more about that too. And I THINK she could have stayed 6 months.

Photo1949-1.jpg

5GTLm7.png

We got 3 sucessfully. Both of his parents got one (valid for 5 years) and his aunt also got one (valid for 5 years). In the airport they were given a 6 month stay. However we never applied for a specific amount of years on the visa nor was there a place on the form to note that. They just applied to come to our wedding which was in Septemeber and they were given 5 years. When they arrived at the airport, they were all asked why they were here and who they were staying with. They said they were here to visit their son and to attend his wedding and that they were staying with his son and soon to be wife. They gave them 6 months. The aunt traveled seperatly, and they also gave her the same.

In the interview to obtain the visa, they were asked why they wanted to come and how long they wanted to stay. They werent asked anything else. Nor were they asked to see any of their financial papers. I think this is because I sent an affadavit of support (notorized) for all 3 of them including backup (taxes, bank statements, etc). I also sent a letter on requesting the visa on their behalf and that I would cover all expenses including, airfare, lodging, food, expenses, and travel insurance. When processing visas for our India office at work, I send this letter and I have never had an issue getting a B2 visa this way so I figured I would do it for the B1 as well.

If you need a template for the letter, let me know.

VJ Hours - I am available M-F from 10am - 5pm PST. I will occasionaly put in some OT for a fairly good poo slinging thread or a donut.

Timeline

thats a good point, I also sent a letter of 'invitation' including my willingness and ability to support her as my guest while she was here. we based ours on the letters that are required for a visa to France.

Photo1949-1.jpg

5GTLm7.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I would like to see a template for a letter. We are hoping my husbands mother can come visit right after the birth of our baby. She has a passport, owns her home and has children that still live with her, but no bank account. Is it a requirement to have a bank account or is us proving our financials and offering to cover all expenses enough?

goCsm4.png

photo22-1-1.jpg

AF3Cm5.png

my MIL just got one no problem, it is good for 10 years and she stayed 2 months (just left, actually)

We did the application for her and you have to submit it online and then schedule the interview online but it wasnt a big deal at all...

How much did it cost for her visa? We were wanting to bring MIL here to see the baby, but Ive heard its several hundred dollars just to petition. About how long did it take for her to get the visa?

Id like the template, please :)

Timeline

the visa was only 100 bucks, this was in February so I doubt its gone up much. We made the application online and then the interview appointment online (just follow the instructions they give you). I think it was about a month from the time we applied until she could get an appointment, but with the online scheduler they give you a calender of open dates and you can select what works best for you. The appointment itself was very quick and easy and total cost for the visa was about 100 dollars. She went back the day after the appointment and picked up her passport with visa. the whole procedure is NOTHING like what we go through to get our spouses here. Apparently its not a security or fraud risk for grandmothers-to-be to get here. :P

Photo1949-1.jpg

5GTLm7.png

the visa was only 100 bucks, this was in February so I doubt its gone up much. We made the application online and then the interview appointment online (just follow the instructions they give you). I think it was about a month from the time we applied until she could get an appointment, but with the online scheduler they give you a calender of open dates and you can select what works best for you. The appointment itself was very quick and easy and total cost for the visa was about 100 dollars. She went back the day after the appointment and picked up her passport with visa. the whole procedure is NOTHING like what we go through to get our spouses here. Apparently its not a security or fraud risk for grandmothers-to-be to get here. :P

Wow! Cool thanks hon, this is very helpful :)

Timeline
We got 3 sucessfully. Both of his parents got one (valid for 5 years) and his aunt also got one (valid for 5 years). In the airport they were given a 6 month stay. However we never applied for a specific amount of years on the visa nor was there a place on the form to note that. They just applied to come to our wedding which was in Septemeber and they were given 5 years. When they arrived at the airport, they were all asked why they were here and who they were staying with. They said they were here to visit their son and to attend his wedding and that they were staying with his son and soon to be wife. They gave them 6 months. The aunt traveled seperatly, and they also gave her the same.

In the interview to obtain the visa, they were asked why they wanted to come and how long they wanted to stay. They werent asked anything else. Nor were they asked to see any of their financial papers. I think this is because I sent an affadavit of support (notorized) for all 3 of them including backup (taxes, bank statements, etc). I also sent a letter on requesting the visa on their behalf and that I would cover all expenses including, airfare, lodging, food, expenses, and travel insurance. When processing visas for our India office at work, I send this letter and I have never had an issue getting a B2 visa this way so I figured I would do it for the B1 as well.

Thanks for the info JP. Please, I would certainly appreciate any help I can get. My hubby and I still have some time before we really want her his mother to arrive to help with the baby. We would like her to have everything approved asap. We would like for her to come at the end of April.

The template would be good.

Timeline

I guess I could get this information off the USCIS website, but do you pay online when making the appointment? Or will MIL have to pay when she goes to the interview?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.