43 posts in this topic

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I think it's kind of disrespectful to take a tragedy like this and immediately make it about declaring your position on gun laws. Please stop.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Yes, we like to do that on the next calendar day. That's in 35 minutes so rest easy, partisans, your time is near.

:)

Filed: Timeline
Yes, we like to do that on the next calendar day. That's in 35 minutes so rest easy, partisans, your time is near.

:)

depends on the posters time-zone ... some places it's already tomorrow ...

Someone found a loophole!

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

what about the place of the media though? this guy has outright declared 'this will make me famous', and sure enough, there's his face and pathetic (no-)life story plastered all over every website and newspaper... the 'manifesto' of the Virginia Tech shooter was still highly ranked on MSNBC when I was there just last week... if the media focused on the event and the people hurt, and didn't even name the perpetrators, maybe those following wouldn't see it as a quick road to infamy... and yes, of course I understand the problem is much deeper and more complex than that, but it's a factor

061017001as.thumb.jpg

The Very Secret Diary of Legolas Son of Weenus - by Cassandra Claire

Day One: Went to Council of Elrond. Was prettiest person there. Agreed to follow some tiny little man to Mordor to throw ring into volcano. Very important mission - gold ring so tacky.

Day Six: Far too dark in Mines of Moria to brush hair properly. Am very afraid I am developing a tangle.

Orcs so silly.

Still the prettiest.

Day 35: Boromir dead. Very messy death, most unnecessary. Did get kissed by Aragorn as he expired. Does a guy have to get shot full of arrows around here to get any action? Boromir definitely not prettier than me. Cannot understand it. Am feeling a pout coming on.

Frodo off to Mordor with Sam. Tiny little men caring about each other, rather cute really.

Am quite sure Gimli fancies me. So unfair. He is waist height, so can see advantages there, but chunky braids and big helmet most off-putting. Foresee dark times ahead, very dark times.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

really? if you look at the stats, I think you'll still find that malls are safer places to be, on average, than cars, perhaps even planes, the beach, etc... if you cut out everything potentially dangerous from your life, what will you end up doing?

061017001as.thumb.jpg

The Very Secret Diary of Legolas Son of Weenus - by Cassandra Claire

Day One: Went to Council of Elrond. Was prettiest person there. Agreed to follow some tiny little man to Mordor to throw ring into volcano. Very important mission - gold ring so tacky.

Day Six: Far too dark in Mines of Moria to brush hair properly. Am very afraid I am developing a tangle.

Orcs so silly.

Still the prettiest.

Day 35: Boromir dead. Very messy death, most unnecessary. Did get kissed by Aragorn as he expired. Does a guy have to get shot full of arrows around here to get any action? Boromir definitely not prettier than me. Cannot understand it. Am feeling a pout coming on.

Frodo off to Mordor with Sam. Tiny little men caring about each other, rather cute really.

Am quite sure Gimli fancies me. So unfair. He is waist height, so can see advantages there, but chunky braids and big helmet most off-putting. Foresee dark times ahead, very dark times.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
:unsure: you are right...oh yeah...this is the spices of life...if you are always scared,and just stayed inide your shell...what is tyhe meaning of life,anyway???? :yes: ok....thank you for reminding me,this saturday I'll be out again for stroll in the mall :P

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
really? if you look at the stats, I think you'll still find that malls are safer places to be, on average, than cars, perhaps even planes, the beach, etc... if you cut out everything potentially dangerous from your life, what will you end up doing?

CCN immediately name it "Terror in the Mall"... It made me sick.. I shut the TV off and immediately went on a tirade about how the US media consistently creates a "culture of fear".. This was an isolated incident by a very messed up teen. This doesn't happen every day in every city across America.. Geepers..

Very sad situation all around.. I feel for the shoppers who's Christmas Season was radically altered yesterday.. it will be tough for them to go back into a mall..

I will not allow the media to do the same to me...

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

CCN immediately name it "Terror in the Mall"... It made me sick.. I shut the TV off and immediately went on a tirade about how the US media consistently creates a "culture of fear".. This was an isolated incident by a very messed up teen. This doesn't happen every day in every city across America.. Geepers..

Very sad situation all around.. I feel for the shoppers who's Christmas Season was radically altered yesterday.. it will be tough for them to go back into a mall..

I will not allow the media to do the same to me...

Yeah I agreed with that. I just post a question about thet in other forum and thesa me...FEAR of staying here in US.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
Dude, nobody here said to outlaw them, just outlaw the sale to terrorists and known felons, asking too much? I dont think so.

new here aren't you ? not familiar with the laws ?

And ... how do you identify a terrorist ?

I'm more familiar with them than you are obviously. The gun show loophole allows anyone to purchase these types of weapons in many states. Why not read up on it a little, I'll wait till you catch up.

And I use the term terrorist in the most popular sense of the word. Like Osama Bin Laden. I hope that’s not to obscure for you.

IR1

April 14, 2004 I-130 NOA1

April 25, 2005 IR1 Received

April 26, 2005 POE Dorval Airport

May 13, 2005 Welcome to America Letters Received

May 21, 2005 PR Card in Mail

May 26, 2005 Applied for SSN at local office

June 06, 2005 SSN Received

June 11, 2005 Driver Licence Issued!

June 20, 2005 Deb gets a Check Card! Just like Donald Trump's!

Citizenship

Jan 30, 2008 N400 Mailed off to the VSC!

Feb 2, 2008 N400 Received at VSC

Feb 6, 2008 Check Cashed!

Feb 13, 2008 NOA1 Received

Feb 15, 2008 Fingerprint letter received. (Feb 26th scheduled)

Feb 18, 2008 Mailed out the old Please Reschedule us for Biometics <sigh>...

Feb 27, 2008 Received the new scheduled biometrics.

Mar 15, 2008 Biometrics Rescheduled.

Sep 18, 2008 Interview Letter Recieved.

Nov 11, 2008 Interview Passed :-).

Nov 14, 2008 Oath Cerimony.

Posting on VJ?

AOS

-

Filed: 8/1/07

NOA1:9/7/07

Biometrics: 9/28/07

EAD/AP: 10/17/07

EAD card ordered again (who knows, maybe we got the two-fer deal): 10/23/-7

Transferred to CSC: 10/26/07

Approved: 11/21/07