AnewKINDofFEELIN

Waiting on the VSC to make a decision?

2,459 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline
4 September filers approved

Lame.

Very. How many days do you have to wait to file a formal request for service? I'm at 200 days today. :help::crying::crying:

Ric I am on hold with VSC because my lawyer seems to be missing in action and I think the RFE notice was sent to his office.......what a waste of money this guy has been.......so I am trying to find out about where they mailed the notice and I will ask them.......OK......God can this get much more aggrevating and insane.....September filer.....great

My very annoying cousin insisted that she could call in a favor for me to get my paper worked at because she knew senators and whatever. (she's military) I told her repeatedly that if my congressman wasn't going to be able to get anything hers wouldn't either but she was so .. rude. She was then saying she knew somebody that worked at DHS and surely they'd be able to do something- something I highly doubt. If the ombudsman puts out annual reports that go unheeded...

I had to work really really hard not to be mean, or leave the table. Not the best Christmas ever.

Are you going to keep the lawyer for the AOS and following part of the naturalization process or dump him nce you have your NOA2?

Wow....I am sorry Ric.....believe me if calling in favors from people in the government would work I would of had my Noa2 months ago....Half of the people I know work for a federal agency here in Washington.....I had a simular Christmas with my family but my rude person was my sister who decided to invite my ex husband to Christmas dinner ( he came) then proceeded to talk about illegal immigration and my inability to find a American man.......I wanted to choke her....but I reminded her that Peru is in the Americas just South America............My brother finally told her to shut up..........Now the lawyer...well he has all my money.....I paid him for everything through citizenship for Oscar.....but OMG did I get screwed here.;......I have now been on hold with the VSC for 31 minute.....but I will tell you when I talk to them........Hold on Ric....I know I know I know how hard this is.....No one understands unless you are standing in our shoes........Lora

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Lame.

Very. How many days do you have to wait to file a formal request for service? I'm at 200 days today. :help::crying::crying:

Ric I am on hold with VSC because my lawyer seems to be missing in action and I think the RFE notice was sent to his office.......what a waste of money this guy has been.......so I am trying to find out about where they mailed the notice and I will ask them.......OK......God can this get much more aggrevating and insane.....September filer.....great

My very annoying cousin insisted that she could call in a favor for me to get my paper worked at because she knew senators and whatever. (she's military) I told her repeatedly that if my congressman wasn't going to be able to get anything hers wouldn't either but she was so .. rude. She was then saying she knew somebody that worked at DHS and surely they'd be able to do something- something I highly doubt. If the ombudsman puts out annual reports that go unheeded...

I had to work really really hard not to be mean, or leave the table. Not the best Christmas ever.

Are you going to keep the lawyer for the AOS and following part of the naturalization process or dump him nce you have your NOA2?

Wow....I am sorry Ric.....believe me if calling in favors from people in the government would work I would of had my Noa2 months ago....Half of the people I know work for a federal agency here in Washington.....I had a simular Christmas with my family but my rude person was my sister who decided to invite my ex husband to Christmas dinner ( he came) then proceeded to talk about illegal immigration and my inability to find a American man.......I wanted to choke her....but I reminded her that Peru is in the Americas just South America............My brother finally told her to shut up..........Now the lawyer...well he has all my money.....I paid him for everything through citizenship for Oscar.....but OMG did I get screwed here.;......I have now been on hold with the VSC for 31 minute.....but I will tell you when I talk to them........Hold on Ric....I know I know I know how hard this is.....No one understands unless you are standing in our shoes........Lora

Wow. *hugs for Lora*

My Timeline

Summer 2005 - Introduced online by a mutual friend

December 2005- Meet face to face. Mark 12/20 official start date.

June 9, 2007 - NOA1 from VSC

February 20, 2008 - APPROVED!!!

February 21, 2008 - paperwork forwarded to NVC.

February 27, 2008 - paperwork sent to Consulate.

March 6, 2008 - Packet 3 recieved.

March 19, 2008 - Packet 3 returned. (minus checklist!)

April 21, 2008 - Returned checklist. All Packet 3 in London.

May 7, 2008 - Medical.

May 30, 2008 - Interview. APPROVED.

July 27, 2008 - Arrives in US.

August 8, 2008 - Legal Wedding

AOS:

Sent: 10/17/08

Notice of Receipt: 10/23/08

I-765 - Rejected: 10/22/08

I-765 Resubmitted: 11/5/08

I485 RFE (for already submitted documents): 11/10/08

Biometrics appointment: 11/14/08

RFE returned: 11/15/08

Transferred to CSC: 5/15/09

Card Production ordered: 7/28/09

Timeline

Lame.

Wow. *hugs for Lora*

Hey Ric....Officer Frank told me to have you call through to Customer Service VSC after Jan 1 because there are very few people in the office and it probably will not update the service times until after January 15.......Insane...I then asked him about September filers being approved and got the standard answer of well we are training new people ....so my suggestion to him was approve the May/June ones for training.....he said all of those crates have been assigned to officers not being used for training and apoligized for the wait..........At least he was not rude..........anyway I did have them send me the RFE notice and they had sent it to the lawyer.......this sucks.........HOLIDAYS......augh....Lora

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

Lame.

Wow. *hugs for Lora*

Hey Ric....Officer Frank told me to have you call through to Customer Service VSC after Jan 1 because there are very few people in the office and it probably will not update the service times until after January 15.......Insane...I then asked him about September filers being approved and got the standard answer of well we are training new people ....so my suggestion to him was approve the May/June ones for training.....he said all of those crates have been assigned to officers not being used for training and apoligized for the wait..........At least he was not rude..........anyway I did have them send me the RFE notice and they had sent it to the lawyer.......this sucks.........HOLIDAYS......augh....Lora

I'm sorry, but that sounds awful about what your sister did. I can never imagine. I'm really sorry that happened to you :unsure:

Timeline

Lame.

Wow. *hugs for Lora*

I'm sorry, but that sounds awful about what your sister did. I can never imagine. I'm really sorry that happened to you :unsure:

Dysfunctional would be a good word for my family. I had hoped that Christmas would of been different for my children but NO she has to preach the evils of divorce to me even though it has been since 2005......Oh well.....I can only hope that my sister has to never experience tramas in her life......Oscar is a strong loving man........and 2008 will be our year so I am hoping for the best.....thanks

But I still think this system of obtaining visas is crazy and something needs to be done.........Lora

Timeline

I thought my family was bad for ragging on me about being vegetarian or making stupid jokes about my Australian husband.

"Oh you must eat kangaroo meat all the time"

"Do you ride kangaroos"

It goes on and on!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
I thought my family was bad for ragging on me about being vegetarian or making stupid jokes about my Australian husband.

"Do you ride kangaroos"

It goes on and on!

You can ride kangaroos? Do you ride on their back or hunker down in their pouch?

All you need is a modest house in a modest neighborhood

In a modest town where honest people dwell

--July 22---------Sent I-129F packet

--July 27---------Petition received

--August 28------NOA1 issued

--August 31------Arrived in Terrace after lots of flight delays to spend Lindsay's birthday with her

--October 10-----Completed address change online

--January 25-----NOA2 received via USCIS Case Status Online

Timeline

"Do you ride kangaroos"

It goes on and on!

You can ride kangaroos? Do you ride on their back or hunker down in their pouch?

:lol: :lol:

btw, love the alligator (or croc) picture. :D

K1

------------------------------------

07.12.07 - I-129f petition mailed

07.13.07 - I-129f received by VSC

07.18.07 - NOA1 notice

07.20.07 - check cashed

07.22.07 - touch

11.29.07 - NOA2, waited 140 days

11.30.07 - touch

12.03.07 - NVC Received

12.05.07 - NVC Left

12.10.07 - Consulate Rec'd

12.13.07 - Packet 3 Rec'd

03.13.08 - Packet 3 sent back to Montreal

04.08.08 - eligible for interview

05.13.08 - Packet 4 Rec'd

06.02.08 - Interview!

06.09.08 - Visa in hand!

06.16.08 - move date, POE via Peace Bridge, Buffalo, NY

06.20.08 - civil wedding

AOS

06.25.08 - AOS package sent

06.30.08 - received in Chicago

07.07.08 - NOA1 for 485 (AOS), 765 (EAD), & 131 (AP), rec'd in mail 07.14.08

07.09.08 - touch on all 3

07.10.08 - check cashed

07.28.08 - case transferred to CSC

08.02.08 - Biometrics

08.03.08 - touch on AOS

08.04.08 - touch on AOS & EAD

08.05.08 - touch on EAD

08.06.08, 08.07.08, 08.21.08, 08.22.08 - touch on AOS

09.03.08 - EAD approved!

09.04.08 - touch on EAD

09.05.08 - EAD card arrives in mail

09.06.08 - AP arrives in mail (no updates online or via email)

09.23.08 - touch on AOS

09.24.08 - welcome letter mailed

09.25.08 - touch on AOS

09.30.08 - AOS approved

10.01.08 - touch on AOS

10.04.08 - Green Card received

02.21.09 - "real" wedding in Montreal

Timeline

"Do you ride kangaroos"

It goes on and on!

Well that is my point....I don't think you would want to ride a kangaroo. They are either really small or will attack you if in the wild!

Although, I would opt for the pouch seat.

Timeline

"Do you ride kangaroos"

It goes on and on!

:lol: :lol:

btw, love the alligator (or croc) picture. :D

It's a gator...........and thank you.

"Do you ride kangaroos"

It goes on and on!

Well that is my point....I don't think you would want to ride a kangaroo. They are either really small or will attack you if in the wild!

Although, I would opt for the pouch seat.

I think I'd go for the pouch, as well.

--August 31------Arrived in Terrace after lots of flight delays to spend Lindsay's birthday with her

Timeline

1 approval reported so far today.

Timeline

"Do you ride kangaroos"

It goes on and on!

Oh yes.....we all have our cross to carry......or family member to endure.......but it does get old.......I am just afraid that Oscar will not understand.......and on top of it all I live in Prince William County, Va....anti immigration capital of the U.S.....so everyone in the place thinks they have the right to comment........augh

Oh by the way the lawyer called me from his vacation spot.....He thought I sounded distressed on my message....duh....but he will not be in the office until Jan. 2...........OMG.....I want my money back.....rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr....So no RFE info until then........

Timeline

this sucks...I'm pissed off, sad, desperate...and 100 more adjectives...hahaha!

Probably the person in charged of my application is on vacation. I can't believe they waited 6 months to give me a RFE. I can't believe Lora waited almost 7 months and they gave her a RFE!!!!!!

This fuckin sucks!!!!

"Imagination is everything. It is the preview of life's coming attractions." Albert Einstein.

05/09/07 --- NOA1

05/15/07 --- Touched

10/24/07 --- Case assigned!

10/31/07 --- Touched

11/01/07 --- RFE

11/02/07 --- Touched

11/05/07 --- Got RFE on the mail

11/09/07 --- RFE sent back to VSC

12/06/07 --- Waited enough time to RESEND our RFE

12/07/07 --- RFE received at VSC and signed by Novak....

12/10/07 --- Case received and resumed

12/11/07 --- Touched

12/12/07 --- Touched

12/13/07 --- Touched

12/14/07 --- Touched

01/02/08 --- Touched

01/02/08 --- APPROVED!!!!!!

01/11/08 --- Got NOA2 on the mail

01/12/08 --- Got NVC letter on the mail

01/17/08 --- Got packet 3

01/28/08 --- Medical

02/05/08 --- INTERVIEW!!!!

02/10/08 --- Off to NY!!!!

this sucks...I'm pissed off, sad, desperate...and 100 more adjectives...hahaha!

Probably the person in charged of my application is on vacation. I can't believe they waited 6 months to give me a RFE. I can't believe Lora waited almost 7 months and they gave her a RFE!!!!!!

This fuckin sucks!!!!

you have every right to be pissed off...sons of biatches!!

:ranting::ranting::ranting:

:protest::protest::protest:

im pulling for you though, if thats any consolation :blush:

Removal of Conditions NOA: 2/24/11

Biometrics Appt: 8/15/11

ROC Approval: 9/30/11

Card Production Ordered: 10/11/11

Card Received: 10/15/11

Timeline

Didn't both of you call many, many times? I'm not blaming you for calling at all, but I'm wondering if they spited you for what they saw as hassling them.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.