7 posts in this topic

I just got an RFE today asking for this:

"Submit a properly completed and signed I-693, Medical Examination of Aliens seeking Adjustment of Status, for the applicant on form I-485. [Then blah blah blah about civil surgeons and how to find it...]

All I-485 applicants 2 years of age and older applying for adjustment of status under the Immigration and Nationality Act are required to have a tuberculin skin test. All I-485 applicants 15 years of age and older applying for adjustment of status under the Immigration and Nationality Act are required to have a chest x-ray examination for tuberculosis, serologic testing for syphilis, and serologic testing for HIV."

I had the K1 medical back in June and submitted only a vaccination supplement with my package - does this mean that they lost my entire medical file and now I have to do a complete medical, or that they only want me to do the TB skin test?

As an aside, if anyone is aware of what happened to me at the POE, the POE officer put me under the wrong visa category into the system and I had to go get it fixed at USCIS and the nearest airport - is it possible that as a result of my POE mishap, my entire medical was lost there when it was sent to USCIS because it was marked with the wrong visa category?

Here's hoping that I don't have to do a complete medical again :P

Edited by Nini & Bee

Nini - Vancouver BC, Canada (she's the one who does the forum thing)

Bee - Devon PA, USA (he's the one who gave her the shiny ring)

Getting our sanity tested by bureaucracy since 2007.

Here we go again...

Removal of conditions @ VSC

9/4/2010 - sent!

9/14/2010 - NOA

I would think someone has made a mistake. The medical you took before the interview is supposed to be good for a year and they should have all that information in the brown envelope. At most, you should have had to only submit the supplemental I-693A.

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

You maybe onto something with the missclassification somehow causing you problems here...

Does a "Y" visa require a medical? If not, your packet may be lost because it did not fit the documentation retention need....

YMMV

You maybe onto something with the missclassification somehow causing you problems here...

Does a "Y" visa require a medical? If not, your packet may be lost because it did not fit the documentation retention need....

I'm guessing that's what happened. -_-

I'm just wondering whether there's any way to "find" that lost packet now that my status has been fixed in the system, or whether it's lost for good. Feel like I'm clinging to threads of sanity here, but I'd rather avoid the hassle of doing another medical if possible.

Here we go again...

9/4/2010 - sent!

9/14/2010 - NOA

Thanks for the helpful post, Krikit. I'm going to talk to Bee tonight and see if we can't get our congressperson involved, what with this POE situation affecting the case so badly. In the meantime I'm also going to try to contact the panel physician to see if I can get a copy of the medical too, just in case.

Here we go again...

9/4/2010 - sent!

9/14/2010 - NOA

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

many stories on VJ about lost medicals, mine included. Its frustrating but unless they find it you will have to get another one done at personal expense. Thats what happened to me, after 10months i found out that the hold up was due to a lost medical, days after they received the new medical i was approved.

K-1 Visa Journey

04/20/2006 - file our I-129f.

09/14/2006 - US Embassy interview. Ask Lauren to marry me again, just to make sure. Says Yes. Phew!

10/02/2006 - Fly to New York, EAD at JFK, I'm in!!

10/14/2006 - Married! The perfect wedding day.

AOS Journey

10/23/2006 - AOS and EAD filed

05/29/2007 - RFE (lost medical)

08/02/2007 - RFE received back at CSC

08/10/2007 - Card Production ordered

08/17/2007 - Green Card Arrives

Removing Conditions

05/08/2009 - I-751 Mailed

05/13/2009 - NOA1

06/12/2009 - Biometrics Appointment

09/24/2009 - Approved (twice)

10/10/2009 - Card Production Ordered

10/13/2009 - Card Production Ordered (Again?)

10/19/2009 - Green Card Received (Dated 10/13/19)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.