colgirl

Interview Date Finally here...ANXIETY!!!!

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

:help: The time has finally come. I have been patient, even with the lost packet of 3 months. I have put in over 6 months patiently waiting to get my husbands I-130 approved here in Italy. I have worked for a wage far less than that of when I was 16 years old. But, even with the language barrier and complete lack of rules and structured did work continuously. I have changed return flight date after return flight date. I have checked all the paper work 100 times over. I have paid every fee, made all the phone calls, and sent e-mail after e-mail. But, now it comes down to 2 days.

:blink: Most would be so happy to be 2 days away from their interview date (and I am). But, now I face the uncertainty of approvall or not. Even with having made well over the poverty guidelines for the last several years on my taxes. And even working for less than my worth here in Italy, it is still above the poverty guidelines. Now, I am being told that I may need a "job proprosal" from my U.S. employer stating how much I will be making. Of course this was told to me 8 days before the interview date. And as luck would have it I have made phone call and e-mail after e-mail trying to get this letter faxed to me ASAP. But, thanks to the Thanksgiving holiday I have heard no answers. So, as I am filled with stress and anxiety I try to muster up all the old pay studs and personal e-mails from my ex-employer (in the U.S. to where I will return to work) just to prove that there is a position waiting for me. I had worked for over 9 years with the company. I never thought that me being employed here in Italy would not be concidered. To make things even better I am a college grad who has put my "real carreer" on hold durring this entire process. So, in a feable attempt to still get acceptance on this I-130 I have even included my college transcripts. I only hope that the Embassy in Naples will be reasonable to know that in the field that I studied and with having worked for over 9 years for the same company, of course I will be employed upon my return back to the U.S.

:wacko: I just don't know where to stand or how to feel these last two days with all these grey areas in front of me. The Embasseys quick answer was, "Sounds like you should be ok, but get a cosighner to be 100% sure". As if it is that easy to just get anyone to sign away their lives to my husband and I. As if in 2 days from another country all the forms they need can be completed. I guess they live in the fantasy world that everyone is from big generouse well off families. Well, I am not. I worked hard to make it this far and now that the circle is complted with my husband we may not even be able to live in the same country together happily. :crying:

I am angry, frusterated, and anxiouse, any words of courage would be well appreciated today. If you have been through Naples to recieve your I-130 and feel that I am overy concerned or even the opposite please let me know. I have done all I can think of to do. At this point if this doesn't happen for us, I may just have to move to England. At least I can make my worth and fly to Italy on the weekends to see my husband. Of course this is not realistic or ideal. Help :help:

Many here on the web sight are angels to those of us still going through it. With those of us who have no one else to turn to for support. Even if no one write me back in time. I am so happy for those angels who help those in need whenever they can. God, Buddah, and Allah all bless you!!! :star:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Lithuania
Timeline

Good luck to you !

K-1 Visa journey:

January '04: met in the USA

21st June '07: sent the I-129

06th November '07 - APPROVED, FINALLY !!!

19th December '07:Medical

20th December '07: Interview Date

21st December '07: VISA IN HAND

18th January '08: Leaving to US !

12th February '08: received SSN

14th March '08: WEDDING DATE

AOS journey:

04th April '08: AOS package sent

11th April '08: Notice date on all 3 NOA's (15 April in the mail)

07th May '08: Biometrics (done)

02nd May '08: Driver's license received

09th May '08: AOS transferred to CSC

15th May '08: AOS is pending at CSC (CRIS email)

18th May '08: AOS touched

04th/09th June '08: EAD Card production ordered (CRIS email) (2 e-mails on different days)

04th June '08: AP approved (CRIS email)

10th June '08: AP in the mail

12th June '08: Approval notice for I765 sent (EAD) (CRIS email)

14th June '08: EAD in the mail

17th June '08: 2nd visit to SS Office - changed my last name on the card

18th/19th June '08: AOS touched

28th June '08: SS card received with a new last name (in the mail)

14th August '08: GC ORDERED (Cris email) !!!

19th August '08: GC and welcoming letter received

Wish you best of luck! :thumbs:

05/07/2007 : I-129F Sent

05/29/2007 : NOA1

09/28/2007 : NOA2 (144 days from filing date)

11/02/2007 : NVC Received Case (35 days from NOA2)

11/06/2007 : NVC Sent Case to HCM Consulate

11/16/2007 : HCMC Received Case

11/17/2007 : HCMC Sent Packet 3

11/20/2007 : HCMC Received Packet 3

12/10/2007 : HCMC Called Fiancee (Packet 4 Sent + Interview Date)

12/18/2007 : Packet 4 Received

01/02/2008 : Medical Appointment

01/09/2008 : Interview passed!

01/29/2008 : Visa Received

02/02/2008 : POE @ SFO

Favorite Links:

K1 Process Flowchart

Vietnam Visa Seekers

I imagine you've had your interview by now, hope it went well and that you are busy packing to come home with your hubby!

Keep us posted. Good luck (F)

12140.gif

:help: The time has finally come. I have been patient, even with the lost packet of 3 months. I have put in over 6 months patiently waiting to get my husbands I-130 approved here in Italy. I have worked for a wage far less than that of when I was 16 years old. But, even with the language barrier and complete lack of rules and structured did work continuously. I have changed return flight date after return flight date. I have checked all the paper work 100 times over. I have paid every fee, made all the phone calls, and sent e-mail after e-mail. But, now it comes down to 2 days.

:blink: Most would be so happy to be 2 days away from their interview date (and I am). But, now I face the uncertainty of approvall or not. Even with having made well over the poverty guidelines for the last several years on my taxes. And even working for less than my worth here in Italy, it is still above the poverty guidelines. Now, I am being told that I may need a "job proprosal" from my U.S. employer stating how much I will be making. Of course this was told to me 8 days before the interview date. And as luck would have it I have made phone call and e-mail after e-mail trying to get this letter faxed to me ASAP. But, thanks to the Thanksgiving holiday I have heard no answers. So, as I am filled with stress and anxiety I try to muster up all the old pay studs and personal e-mails from my ex-employer (in the U.S. to where I will return to work) just to prove that there is a position waiting for me. I had worked for over 9 years with the company. I never thought that me being employed here in Italy would not be concidered. To make things even better I am a college grad who has put my "real carreer" on hold durring this entire process. So, in a feable attempt to still get acceptance on this I-130 I have even included my college transcripts. I only hope that the Embassy in Naples will be reasonable to know that in the field that I studied and with having worked for over 9 years for the same company, of course I will be employed upon my return back to the U.S.

:wacko: I just don't know where to stand or how to feel these last two days with all these grey areas in front of me. The Embasseys quick answer was, "Sounds like you should be ok, but get a cosighner to be 100% sure". As if it is that easy to just get anyone to sign away their lives to my husband and I. As if in 2 days from another country all the forms they need can be completed. I guess they live in the fantasy world that everyone is from big generouse well off families. Well, I am not. I worked hard to make it this far and now that the circle is complted with my husband we may not even be able to live in the same country together happily. :crying:

I am angry, frusterated, and anxiouse, any words of courage would be well appreciated today. If you have been through Naples to recieve your I-130 and feel that I am overy concerned or even the opposite please let me know. I have done all I can think of to do. At this point if this doesn't happen for us, I may just have to move to England. At least I can make my worth and fly to Italy on the weekends to see my husband. Of course this is not realistic or ideal. Help :help:

Many here on the web sight are angels to those of us still going through it. With those of us who have no one else to turn to for support. Even if no one write me back in time. I am so happy for those angels who help those in need whenever they can. God, Buddah, and Allah all bless you!!! :star:

I wish you all the best. Remember to say your prayers and believe, I am praying for you

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Well, after 6 long misserable hours on the train, and 48 hours with no sleep, and way too much good pizza....we were APPROVED!!!!!! We walked around all day praying and keeping our fingers crossed. But, at 4p.m. we returned the same day as interview to pick up our visa. The hardest part finally over. We are so excited. I really have to thank everyone here on this website for your support. I thought I was gonna go crazy at some moments. But, now that all is said and done. It was a much easier process than I had imagined. Now, comes the hardest part....moving to the U.S. and starting our new life together from scratch. Please, continue to keep the prayers coming!!!! We can surtainly use em. And now I am here to help my fellow, "Visa Journiers". Happy Holidays!!! :thumbs::dance::star::no::luv::P:D:whistle:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Lithuania
Timeline

CONGRATULATIONS :thumbs:

K-1 Visa journey:

January '04: met in the USA

21st June '07: sent the I-129

06th November '07 - APPROVED, FINALLY !!!

19th December '07:Medical

20th December '07: Interview Date

21st December '07: VISA IN HAND

18th January '08: Leaving to US !

12th February '08: received SSN

14th March '08: WEDDING DATE

AOS journey:

04th April '08: AOS package sent

11th April '08: Notice date on all 3 NOA's (15 April in the mail)

07th May '08: Biometrics (done)

02nd May '08: Driver's license received

09th May '08: AOS transferred to CSC

15th May '08: AOS is pending at CSC (CRIS email)

18th May '08: AOS touched

04th/09th June '08: EAD Card production ordered (CRIS email) (2 e-mails on different days)

04th June '08: AP approved (CRIS email)

10th June '08: AP in the mail

12th June '08: Approval notice for I765 sent (EAD) (CRIS email)

14th June '08: EAD in the mail

17th June '08: 2nd visit to SS Office - changed my last name on the card

18th/19th June '08: AOS touched

28th June '08: SS card received with a new last name (in the mail)

14th August '08: GC ORDERED (Cris email) !!!

19th August '08: GC and welcoming letter received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.