una

DS-230 Question

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Can smb answer these questions for me plz :)

NVC sent the form DS-230 on Nov 12 and I'm still waiting for them, I think they lost them or something cuz it usually takes a week for them to get here....So can I just go the link print the form myself, fill it out and sent it back to them, and for the Barcode sheet is it ok if I use James shortcut? So should I wait for them or do it myself.. but still I'm not sure to do it myself b/c they might sent smth else that i'll be missing. Any idea?

And for the forms that go with DS-230 ...like the Cover letter... what is that about? And for the Marriage Termination Documentation where do we get that and what should we show about it?

Filed: Country: El Salvador
Timeline

NVC sent the form DS-230 on Nov 12 and I'm still waiting for them, I think they lost them or something cuz it usually takes a week for them to get here....So can I just go the link print the form myself, fill it out and sent it back to them, and for the Barcode sheet is it ok if I use James shortcut? So should I wait for them or do it myself.. but still I'm not sure to do it myself b/c they might sent smth else that i'll be missing. Any idea?

And for the forms that go with DS-230 ...like the Cover letter... what is that about? And for the Marriage Termination Documentation where do we get that and what should we show about it?

did you send it express mail? check with the tracking number form the mail to see if they have received it.

!!Our Journey!!!

Karla and Jaime

Married on 4-14-2007

I130 sent- 5-8-2007

I130 approved-9-7-2007

5-9-2208 APPROVED VISA!!!!!!!!!!!!! (second interview)

5-26-08 VISA IN HAND FINALLY!!

6-12-08 MY HUBBY IS COMING HOME YAY!! POE LAX!

6-23-08 social security received WOW SUPER FAST!!!

6-24-08 green card arrived!!! WHOOT WHOOT!

3-24-2010 Sent I-751 paperwork to California service center

8-3-2010 I-751 approved!!! WHOO HOO!!!

No ....I'm supposed to get the form DS-230 soon b/c they sent it on November 12 and I'm still waiting for it ....but is taking long time that's y i'm concerned and I can't use James shortcut cuz they want form DS-230 to be sent back to them with their own envelope (that's what I heard...I'm not sure) so I guess I have to wait :( ...I mean James shortcut is nice opsion but confuzing....I have no idea what size or what should the barcodes (the one on the top and on the bottom) look like..... I'm not sure if the barcode sheet is the only paper we should include with the other documents or the sent smth else?

And are the Cover Letter and Barcode Sheet the same thing or what?

thnx in advance

Filed: IR-5 Country: Bosnia-Herzegovina
Timeline

My DS-230 was generated on November 5, but hasn't been mailed out until November 23 and I received on November 26. It took them 18 days to put package in the mail. I called NVC last week, and they told me it has been mailed out on November 5. And I had same experience with I-864 package. So don't believe in misinformation from NVC.

Filed: Country: El Salvador
Timeline
My DS-230 was generated on November 5, but hasn't been mailed out until November 23 and I received on November 26. It took them 18 days to put package in the mail. I called NVC last week, and they told me it has been mailed out on November 5. And I had same experience with I-864 package. So don't believe in misinformation from NVC.

normally the ds-230 takes 20-30 days to get to you after the generated date!

SUCKS! im waiting for it too!

!!Our Journey!!!

Karla and Jaime

Married on 4-14-2007

I130 sent- 5-8-2007

I130 approved-9-7-2007

5-9-2208 APPROVED VISA!!!!!!!!!!!!! (second interview)

5-26-08 VISA IN HAND FINALLY!!

6-12-08 MY HUBBY IS COMING HOME YAY!! POE LAX!

6-23-08 social security received WOW SUPER FAST!!!

6-24-08 green card arrived!!! WHOOT WHOOT!

3-24-2010 Sent I-751 paperwork to California service center

8-3-2010 I-751 approved!!! WHOO HOO!!!

Same here.. Whenever NVC sends me something.. It takes 2 weeks business days to get to me..

I am waiting for my DS230 myself.. I called NVC and they told me it was Generated on the 19th and was sent out already.. They didn't wanna tell me the date of mailing.. They just told me it was sent and wait 2-4 weeks.

Well I could have used JS 2.0.. But I'm still waiting for my wife's NBI clearance..

Just a peace of mind I guess... I hope I get the DS230 soon..

IR-1 Visa for Wife

NVC Case Complete = January 2, 2008

Received Packet 4 here in the US (Interview Packet) = January 18, 2008

Case Left NVC Forwarded to USEM Manila = January 23, 2008

SLEC Medical = Jan 31 and Feb 1, 2008 (2 days)

USEM Manila Interview = February 20, 2008 @ 8:30am = DONE! (Status: 2 Months wait is over APPROVED)

CFO Guidance & Counseling = April 17, 2008

Visa in Hand = April 18, 2008 (Our Wedding Anniversary)

Arrival in the US and POE = April 23, 2008 JFK Intl. Airport New York City

Social Security Card = May 2, 2008

Green Card in Hand = August 18,2008

It is unsual that the mail will be missed. Wait for few more days, it will come. Why don't you get DS 230 ready now using downloaded versions and mail it to NVC, since they are already generated?

I-130 Timeline with USCIS:

It took 92 days for I-130 to get approved from the filing date

NVC Process of I-130:

It took 78 days to complete the NVC process

Interview Process at The U.S. Embassy

Interview took 223 days from the I-130 filing date. Immigrant Visa was issued right after the interview

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

"NVC sent the form DS-230 on Nov 12 and I'm still waiting for them, I think they lost them or something cuz it usually takes a week for them to get here....So can I just go the link print the form myself, fill it out and sent it back to them, and for the Barcode sheet is it ok if I use James shortcut? So should I wait for them or do it myself.. but still I'm not sure to do it myself b/c they might sent smth else that i'll be missing. Any idea?"

You need 3 things:

1. Barcode sheet from James's shortcuts

2. DS-230 form

3. All civil documents (assuming your consulate is an appointment post - don't know where the beneficiary is applying)

You can just generate the barcodes yourself. They do not care what envelope it arrives in. If you are uncomfortable doing this yourself you should wait for the hard copy to arrive in the mail. It does sometimes take them 2 weeks to get a piece of mail sent out, so it's probably still on its way. You could call and ask them to send it out again just to be sure.

"And for the forms that go with DS-230 ...like the Cover letter... what is that about? And for the Marriage Termination Documentation where do we get that and what should we show about it?"

The cover letter is just something people include, it is NOT required - you don't have to do it if you don't want to. Generally people just write a very brief letter to include which lists all of the documents that are in the envelope - to make it easier for the person receiving the documents. Like:

Enclosed please find:

Applicant's Birth Certificate

Marriage Certificate

FINAL divorce decree

Photocopy of Passport Biographic Data Page of Applicant

Police Certificate from Germany and Spain

As for the marriage termination document and how you obtain that, I'm not sure what country you are in as you don't have a timeline. If you fill in your timeline perhaps someone from the area can tell you how this document is obtained in your area.

:)

yea I know is taking 4ever..I'm kick them :P

The operator said that it might be late late because of the holiday

Alex they're so busy during this time so they'll make anything up just to get rid of us lol

Simple_male jea u right

thnx for sharing everybody:D

Trailmix ...the Marriage Termination Document is on the required list of my husband's country consulate...and it asks if the applicant was married previously and if that marriage was terminated ...but if in your case you didn't get married before why should we show that proof I don't get it....So does everybody has to show that no matter what right?

Also...I heard they don't work during the month of December is that true?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Trailmix ...the Marriage Termination Document is on the required list of my husband's country consulate...and it asks if the applicant was married previously and if that marriage was terminated ...but if in your case you didn't get married before why should we show that proof I don't get it....So does everybody has to show that no matter what right?

Also...I heard they don't work during the month of December is that true?

They do work in December.

In general, if you have never been married that doesn't apply. HOWEVER there may be some consulates in some countries that make you prove it anyway, what country is the beneficiary interviewing in?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.