Sinergy

Dealing with HR

116 posts in this topic

Interesting read... Look at the link in my signature ( www.ftknox.info My other nightmare ) if you think you got it bad.... There isn't a lawyer in Alaska that will touch any job related discrimination or very few workers comp because of the pipeline that was built back in the 70s..... Right to work state or (get the hell out if ya don't like it) Best to ya for sure :thumbs:

pushbrk shishhhhh back off a little!!!

www.ftknox.info

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like I said earlier, if Tara thinks this woman has the ability to act on her threats and they are of physical nature AND HR is not doing anything about it, making waves is the only thing left to do.

It all depends on the gravity of the threats. "I'm going to put your stapler into jello" is a lot different then 'you'd better watch your back when you leave the building'

:thumbs:

8-30-05 Met David at a restaurant in Germany

3-28-06 David 'officially' proposed

4-26-06 I-129F mailed

9-25-06 Interview: APPROVED!

10-16-06 Flt to US, POE Detroit

11-5-06 Married

7-2-07 Green card received

9-12-08 Filed for divorce

12-5-08 Court hearing - divorce final

A great marriage is not when the "perfect couple" comes together.

It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences.

no kidding! No one else seems to get that tho - making GIANT waves at work is not an ideal situation....

Especially since Ionescu....well.....let's face it, with her it's always "this skank at work did this"

and "this ####### at work did that".

The problem lies within, methinks.

Interesting point.

Ionescu, don't get me wrong but you have been known to be slightly volatile on the forums as well. And I know this is a cliche, but we are only reading one side of the story, yet again.

Have your lawyer give HR a call. That will wake them up!

Best idea yet! :thumbs:

if you want to be hunting a new job. ;)

no kidding! No one else seems to get that tho - making GIANT waves at work is not an ideal situation....

Sorry, but NO job is worth tolerating harassment over.... especially of a threatening nature. I'd rather be making waves than having a family member choosing my casket color. There are plenty of other jobs out there, if it comes to that.

:blink: Drama much?

When did murder come into it? Gimme a break. We didn't even clarify what the argument was about or the threats!

Also, with 2 kids to feed I'd certainly not rush into making enemies at work, be it the harrasser or management.

True.

How did she threaten you in three different ways?

And what sort of job is this anyhow? You seem to be having some issues with your fellow employees.

Filed: Timeline
It all depends on the gravity of the threats. "I'm going to put your stapler into jello" is a lot different then 'you'd better watch your back when you leave the building'

Yes, and I thought i covered that in posts earlier:

We didn't even clarify what the argument was about or the threats!

Actually, no. Not until we establish if it was a physical threat or not.

Were they physical threats? We don't know. :no: So until then...

Guess me saying it is not good enough! :wacko:

Aww cmon Dev...I was enjoying this 'peaceful coexistence' with you....

I was clarifying that my extreme reaction and wave making would indeed only be appropriate considering the severity of the threats. And in that situation, wave making would be entirely appropriate. I don't think anyone here is suggesting lawyers and cops for something silly.

Edited for spelling and to add: For 4 colleagues to complain implies that it was of a severe enough nature...

Edited by LisaD

Aww cmon Dev...I was enjoying this 'peaceful coexistence' with you....

I was clarifying that my extreme reaction and wave making would indeed only be appropriate considering the severity of the threats. And in that situation, wave making would be entirely appropriate. I don't think anyone here is suggesting lawyers and cops for something silly.

Edited for spelling and to add: For 4 colleagues to complain implies that it was of a severe enough nature...

It was not completely directed at you. ;)

4 colleagues does make it an issue. However, her supervisors also know about it, as does HR. If it was a true physical threat, you don't think they would check it out? Who's to say they aren't??? Until we know the nature of the threats & the other side (which we never will) speculation is pointless.

In sue-happy America we are quick to threaten lawsuits but why not wait & let HR handle it, that's WHY we have HR!

Edited by devilette

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I was once in a similar situation of office politics a long time ago. Depending on the state you live in there are different laws. In mine HR and management wasn't required by law to tell me what disciplinary action they took against my harrasser except that the situation was being handled. It could be as easy as a write up. In mine it took three write ups before they fired the person. Check your HR policy book on the disciplinary policy to know the facts.

You have to keep going to management and documenting the harrassment if the harrassment continues and you can't confront the person doing it or talk about it with others at work or you will get caught up and also get written up. The management will advise you to go to your corner and stick your nose in your work and ignore that person doing the harrassement; riding it out until it's over.

Take the higher road and do no harm. Stick your nose in your work, turn the other cheek, document with the appropriate persons when it comes to issues.

Olivia

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

Especially since Ionescu....well.....let's face it, with her it's always "this skank at work did this"

and "this ####### at work did that".

The problem lies within, methinks.

i used skank on here bc thats how mad she has made me, i personally did not even know her until she attacked me verbally last week. So before then, i knew her as "courtney"...but on a business level only. Now , i think of her as a skank, no one who had class and business sence would act the way she did in a place of business. i did nothing to this girl, nothing.

i have seen her outside once in awhile while we smoke, but never spoke to her, i remember a few times her outwardly letting ppl know that shes on 6 types of psych meds and sees a psych on a normal basis, shes in court with her ex boyfriend bc shes trying to take his house from him after SHE tried to shoot HIM, and shes married to a guy that she refuses to divorse, all this i know from her mouth the 2-3 times i have seen her in the smoking section at work. i keep to myself at work, im professional at work, but it is my job, i have children to support and a home to pay for. i dont need any distractions at work. Mawlison, im offended by your statement in a big way.

dev: she has not "pysically" attacked me, other than today when she rammed her body into mine while walking passed me in the hall. But she has threatened with violence 3 times last week. I will only call the police and file harrassment, or asault charges if need be.

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

"VJ Timelines are only an estimate, they are not actual approval dates! They only reflect VJ members. VJ Timelines do not include the thousands of applicants who do not use VJ"

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SITE, PLEASE READ THE GUIDES BEFORE ASKING ALOT OF QUESTIONS. THE GUIDES ARE VERY HELPFUL AND WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF TIME!

Timeline

Interesting point.

Ionescu, don't get me wrong but you have been known to be slightly volatile on the forums as well. And I know this is a cliche, but we are only reading one side of the story, yet again.

yes interesting point indeed, but im also not the type of person to put my personal ####### on here to look like an #######, if it were something i brought on myself, i wouldnt air it for critizism.

firstly your only going to get one side of the story, unless you want to personally call her and get her story.

second, i work for a gas marketer, i am in customer service, moving over to credit and collections and doing web dev while over there as well.

i get along WELL with my co-workers, again i dont know ####### this girls prob is, other than, im friends with kurt, real good friends with him, as hes also real good friends with my husband, courtney is inlove with him, they went on 2 dates, ONLY, and she got attached, he told her he didnt want a relationship with her bla bla, she continued to try to have one with him, and when telling him he had to chose between her and me and some other girls at work hes friends with, he said he wasnt giving up his friends for a girl he doesnt even like in that way, she got pissed. she told him strait out, she hates him being friends with other girls, and THIS is where it all came from. on this day i happened to be the one in the wrong place at the wrong time.

thanks for the support tho :thumbs:

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

"VJ Timelines are only an estimate, they are not actual approval dates! They only reflect VJ members. VJ Timelines do not include the thousands of applicants who do not use VJ"

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SITE, PLEASE READ THE GUIDES BEFORE ASKING ALOT OF QUESTIONS. THE GUIDES ARE VERY HELPFUL AND WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF TIME!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
Its a long story, but this skank likes my best friend here at work, and he doesnt like her. Well she kept blaming me for it (like i have a husband i dont care what Kurt - the best friend does),she told him he had to stop being friends with me and my husband and choose her, and he said no, bc his friends are more important and she verbally attacked me last week, and threatened me in 3 different ways. HR still has not confronted her about this issue. i feel like i dont matter as an employee and she has even begun harrassing me again this mornig. ####### can i do about this HR and skank thing?

EVERYTHING has to be investigated. These things take time to process with legal. When you mention the word "harrassment" or "attacked" in the workplace, its never a quick fix. Interviews should/will be conducted with all parties and all witnesses.

Document, Document,Document!

As someone said already, it is not always your "right" to know what disciplinary action, if any, was taken.

It is your right however, to work in a hostile free environment.

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

At the end of the day, if HR fail to act in a manner that Tara feels happy with AND she feels genuinely scared or worried about the threats then she does need to take this further and kick up a stink, imo.

If she threatened you physically, or the safety of your home or family etc etc, then you have to do something that will ensure you ARE safe. If HR does not follow through appropriately then you have the option of going higher than HR in your company or having a chat with the police. Maybe a visit to the local police station and a quick chat with an officer there might give you some options. They may, at least, take a note of your complaint and keep it on file should your colleague follow through with her threats, or simply make another one.

At least they would be able to tell you about your options legally.

Edited by Mags

Timeline
At the end of the day, if HR fail to act in a manner that Tara feels happy with AND she feels genuinely scared or worried about the threats then she does need to take this further and kick up a stink, imo.

If she threatened you physically, or the safety of your home or family etc etc, then you have to do something that will ensure you ARE safe. If HR does not follow through appropriately then you have the option of going higher than HR in your company or having a chat with the police. Maybe a visit to the local police station and a quick chat with an officer there might give you some options. They may, at least, take a note of your complaint and keep it on file should your colleague follow through with her threats, or simply make another one.

At least they would be able to tell you about your options legally.

i may just do that! thanks mags :luv:

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

You know what, I'm not going to say I'm sorry anymore. In LisaD's words, I'm callin' it as I see it. And, yes I know it's wrong to judge you solely on your posting here on VJ, but I have a feeling that you're a very difficult person to work with. I'd hate to be HR in your dept.

This is how I feel about you after reading some of your posts. I think maybe just maybe the fault lies with you as well. Has this person attacked any of the other girls your friend hangs out with? Or just you?

Now why would a girl who you've only seen once or twice, or three times, whichever while on smoke breaks, pick you to ###### on?

Why not any of his other girl-friends?

IMO, even if you pretend to be happy go lucky at work, it shows when you dislike your fellow employees. Or when you're grumpy because you missed a promotion or envious because someone else received a gift card and you didn't.

Honestly, I don't know but I felt like I had to share MY opinion.

Catch that MY in there? Just my opinion, nothing more, nothing less.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...c=86462&hl=

What should i do?

Kick her #######

Slap her in the head

slash her tires

steal $50 worth of ###### from work

complain until i get my well deserved gift cert

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...c=75524&hl=

Ok theres this woman at my job, ive hated her since i began working here almost a year ago.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...c=74014&hl=

update on promotion, HR is crappy

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...c=79859&hl=

If they actually thought we wouldnt be upset about it then they are all retards.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...c=30126&hl=

> Assistant to my boss, I'd love to kick her #######

Now im looking for another job, and im still talking with the Board of Labor over this #######. Is there anything else i can do? other than flattening her tires, or holding her down and shaving her hairy chin??

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...ic=7716&hl=

I hated it when i was growing up that my parents were in control of my life, and at 30, i feel like a kid again when people i dont even know (CSC) have control over the rest of my life AND my childrens lives.

I know how that feels, btw. More than you'd think.

Anyway, I know these are all OUT OF context but it's there. It's posted, by you. And I know we all do this, vent and gripe on VJ when we can't in real life. This isn't the first time you've had problems with people you work with and I have a feeling it won't be the last time.

Take a deep breath and figure out what's going on first. IS this person really worth the effort or not? Is your job worth the effort and stress, or not?

Timeline
You know what, I'm not going to say I'm sorry anymore. In LisaD's words, I'm callin' it as I see it. And, yes I know it's wrong to judge you solely on your posting here on VJ, but I have a feeling that you're a very difficult person to work with. I'd hate to be HR in your dept.

This is how I feel about you after reading some of your posts. I think maybe just maybe the fault lies with you as well. Has this person attacked any of the other girls your friend hangs out with? Or just you?

Now why would a girl who you've only seen once or twice, or three times, whichever while on smoke breaks, pick you to ###### on?

Why not any of his other girl-friends?

IMO, even if you pretend to be happy go lucky at work, it shows when you dislike your fellow employees. Or when you're grumpy because you missed a promotion or envious because someone else received a gift card and you didn't.

Honestly, I don't know but I felt like I had to share MY opinion.

Catch that MY in there? Just my opinion, nothing more, nothing less.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...c=86462&hl=

What should i do?

Kick her #######

Slap her in the head

slash her tires

steal $50 worth of ###### from work

complain until i get my well deserved gift cert

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...c=75524&hl=

Ok theres this woman at my job, ive hated her since i began working here almost a year ago.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...c=74014&hl=

update on promotion, HR is crappy

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...c=79859&hl=

If they actually thought we wouldnt be upset about it then they are all retards.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...c=30126&hl=

> Assistant to my boss, I'd love to kick her #######

Now im looking for another job, and im still talking with the Board of Labor over this #######. Is there anything else i can do? other than flattening her tires, or holding her down and shaving her hairy chin??

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...ic=7716&hl=

I hated it when i was growing up that my parents were in control of my life, and at 30, i feel like a kid again when people i dont even know (CSC) have control over the rest of my life AND my childrens lives.

I know how that feels, btw. More than you'd think.

Anyway, I know these are all OUT OF context but it's there. It's posted, by you. And I know we all do this, vent and gripe on VJ when we can't in real life. This isn't the first time you've had problems with people you work with and I have a feeling it won't be the last time.

Take a deep breath and figure out what's going on first. IS this person really worth the effort or not? Is your job worth the effort and stress, or not?

Firstly, if you read the posts fully about ONE girl, not everyone or most ppl at work, but ONE girl at work, i never had run ins with her, i was annoyed by ONE person, and i vented, thanks for judging me on that, shows your personality, as far as i am a difficult person to work with, ive seen your posts on here as well, and i can say i feel mutual towards you. i wouldve never said it until now bc i dont know you, and never felt the need to attack you, but thanks for giving me the opportunity to say what i really feel about you.

i am NOT the only one this girl is harrassing at my work, but since this thread was about ME, i didnt feel the need to announce that part.

again thanks, for showing your true self

and yes those comments i made in the past about ONE person was out of context, i belive you posted them just to start something. if you dont like what ihave to say or what this thread was about, then dont post to it. i was looking for advice, not insults and attacks.

if i was that low, id find all of your insulting posts as well, as you felt the need to spend all of that time finding my posts, if this was a way to make me at fault with this girl at work, you failed. but thanks for thinking of me to spend that much time looking for my posts :)

Edited by Ionescu

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

Firstly, if you read the posts fully about ONE girl, not everyone or most ppl at work, but ONE girl at work, i never had run ins with her, i was annoyed by ONE person, and i vented, thanks for judging me on that, shows your personality, as far as i am a difficult person to work with, ive seen your posts on here as well, and i can say i feel mutual towards you. i wouldve never said it until now bc i dont know you, and never felt the need to attack you, but thanks for giving me the opportunity to say what i really feel about you.

i am NOT the only one this girl is harrassing at my work, but since this thread was about ME, i didnt feel the need to announce that part.

again thanks, for showing your true self

Stop global whining?

/shrug.

Never mind, I guess.