Dunhill

JULY 2007 Filers

32 posts in this topic

wow good to hear from others that petition are approved . me and my husband still waiting for ours to be approved..im so much upset..

sent I130(CS) 07/25/07

NOA1 07/31/07

waiting............still waiting....

u think guys we need to call uscis? how long does it takes? i miss my husband so much and i want to be with him..really appreciate ur advice..

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello CR 1 Filers,

I am new to this forum, since I was going for the K3 too. My 130 was approved unusualy early from looking at other timelines. I paid the affidavit of support bill for $70.00 and an application processing fee bill for $380.00 for a total of $450.00. Last night I discovered in another forum that it meant I was moving forward the CR1. I thought it meant my 129f/K3 was approved. I know this is the better route though, but much longer processing time at the NVC.

Ok to the questions, After adjusting my timeline to CR1, I see that there is an IV Bill. What is the IV? And how much is the IV Bill?

Thanks

Missy

<object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
Hello CR 1 Filers,

I am new to this forum, since I was going for the K3 too. My 130 was approved unusualy early from looking at other timelines. I paid the affidavit of support bill for $70.00 and an application processing fee bill for $380.00 for a total of $450.00. Last night I discovered in another forum that it meant I was moving forward the CR1. I thought it meant my 129f/K3 was approved. I know this is the better route though, but much longer processing time at the NVC.

Ok to the questions, After adjusting my timeline to CR1, I see that there is an IV Bill. What is the IV? And how much is the IV Bill?

Thanks

Missy

Congrats Missy,

Its great to see your prompt I130 approval. I would recommend that you stay the path of I130 and the IV bill is probably the Processing fee that you submitted for the application to National Visa Center.

It's a better route cause your hubby can join you as a Permanent resident v/s a non immigrant K3 visa holder. You would have to spend in the upwards of $1100 for processing his Permanent Residency in the USA if he were to enter on K3.

K3 is recommended for people wanting to bypass the wait associated with I130 processing - in theory when the law was drafted but in practice both I130 and K3 petitions seem to be approved around the same time defeating the purpose.

I would reommend you stay the ourse on I130 and you can browse fellow Jamaicans who can help ou out in estimating the time for the interview at the US consulate in Kingston(i presume)

You can also view the flowchart associated with I130 on this website.

best wishes for the process.

Removal of Conditions I797C - Dec 7th 2010

FP Jan 14th 2011

approved May11th 2011

BEST WISHES!

Timeline
Hello CR 1 Filers,

Thanks

Missy

Congrats Missy,

Its great to see your prompt I130 approval. I would recommend that you stay the path of I130 and the IV bill is probably the Processing fee that you submitted for the application to National Visa Center.

It's a better route cause your hubby can join you as a Permanent resident v/s a non immigrant K3 visa holder. You would have to spend in the upwards of $1100 for processing his Permanent Residency in the USA if he were to enter on K3.

K3 is recommended for people wanting to bypass the wait associated with I130 processing - in theory when the law was drafted but in practice both I130 and K3 petitions seem to be approved around the same time defeating the purpose.

I would reommend you stay the ourse on I130 and you can browse fellow Jamaicans who can help ou out in estimating the time for the interview at the US consulate in Kingston(i presume)

You can also view the flowchart associated with I130 on this website.

best wishes for the process.

My apologies, I thought you were from jamaica seeing the shinning green flag mistook it for the jamaican green and yellow flag.

I honestly don't know the processing time for Nigeria so it might be worthwhile exploring if the Nigerian consulate proceses applications at a steady rate or are they like USCIS.

once again my apologies, overlooked your spouse's country,

best wishes

M

FP Jan 14th 2011

approved May11th 2011

BEST WISHES!

Timeline

:star: Everyone deserves a vacation. Maybe if they took a nice vacation they would come back happier and want to make other people happy. These people work very hard with very little appreciation. The get the brunt of our grief and frustration. No one calls to say how great they are for processing a case quicker than normal. It is what it is.

Yes, I do think we might see less motion during the holiday, unfortunately. :crying:

Edited by MrsJibowu

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

:star: Everyone deserves a vacation. Maybe if they took a nice vacation they would come back happier and want to make other people happy. These people work very hard with very little appreciation. The get the brunt of our grief and frustration. No one calls to say how great they are for processing a case quicker than normal. It is what it is.

Yes, I do think we might see less motion during the holiday, unfortunately. :crying:

No one calls to say "good job brownie" because these are the worst stupid slow and inefficient workers ever. Vacation? they should be handcuffed and flogged into doing some work.

Happy holidays UCSIC.

Event Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Indonesia

Marriage : 2007-08-10

I-130 Sent : 2007-08-21

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-01-18

I-130 Approved : 2008-09-15

NVC Received : 2008-09-24

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2008-09-27

Pay I-864 Bill 2008-09-28

Receive I-864 Package : 2008-09-28

Return Completed I-864 : 2008-10-02

Return Completed DS-3032 : 2008-10-17

Receive IV Bill : 2008-10-30

Pay IV Bill : 2008-10-31

Receive Instruction Package :

Case Completed at NVC : 2009-01-28

NVC Left : 2009-01-30

Consulate Received : 2009-02-20

Packet 3 Received : 2009-02-20

Packet 3 Sent : 2009-02-24

Packet 4 Received : 2009-02-26

Interview Date : 2010-03-18

Visa Received : 2009-03-23

US Entry :

Comments :

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Your I-130 was approved in 241 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 792 days from your I-130 NOA1 date.

Timeline

I have a question for you all. When does the NVC generate the number when they submit the bill or after they recieve payment?

Is it ok to ask this question in this forum or should I start a new post?

Thanks in advance for you help!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
I have a question for you all. When does the NVC generate the number when they submit the bill or after they recieve payment?

Is it ok to ask this question in this forum or should I start a new post?

Thanks in advance for you help!

NVC assigns a case#, as first step.

I-130

07/27/2007 : Mailed I130 for spouse (VSC)

09/20/2007 : NOA1

11/07/2007 : NOA2

NVC

11/20/2007 : Case # Assigned

03/10/2008 : Case Completed!

03/20/2008 : Interview Scheduled & Interview letter mailed

03/25/2008 : Beneficiary received interview letter

03/25/2008 : Case forwarded to consulate. NVC message updated on 3/28/08.

Consulate

05/22/2008 : Interview

05/22/2008 : Visa granted and passport collected same day.

05/26/2008 : POE (Newark, NJ).

Our Timeline (more detailed events)

Timeline

No one calls to say "good job brownie" because these are the worst stupid slow and inefficient workers ever. Vacation? they should be handcuffed and flogged into doing some work.

Happy holidays UCSIC.

Flogging is a good idea

FP Jan 14th 2011

approved May11th 2011

BEST WISHES!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi all,

Recently one of my friend who went through visa interview, was asked to get 'Spouse name' added to her passport & then to come back for interview!

Is this mandatory at all consulates? People who are approching interview make a note of this to avoid a last minute blocker.

TC.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

My NOA1 is dated July 16.

nothing yet.

I think i got the slow guy

Edited by Jimmy and Angela

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.