MagicScarf

Canadian wants to stay in America - urgent

58 posts in this topic

The point is D&N posted some often stated misinterpretations about what is "legal". There are much better ways to correct such misinformation without telling someone "to shut the hell up". The educational factor of the discussion ends when swipes are traded.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Timeline
The point is D&N posted some often stated misinterpretations about what is "legal". There are much better ways to correct such misinformation without telling someone "to shut the hell up". The educational factor of the discussion ends when swipes are traded.

The point is D&N states this misinformation while calling members fraudsters.

Sorry Mods, but I'm with Becc on this one. I advocate diplomacy as much as the next person (well, ok, there are not many 'next people' on VJ) but there are a couple of members who continually jump on their holier than thou soapboxes with misinformation and accusations.... I don't see them being reprimanded and it's getting really, really old.

We are, for the most part, a blunt bunch here on VJ....

8-30-05 Met David at a restaurant in Germany

3-28-06 David 'officially' proposed

4-26-06 I-129F mailed

9-25-06 Interview: APPROVED!

10-16-06 Flt to US, POE Detroit

11-5-06 Married

7-2-07 Green card received

9-12-08 Filed for divorce

12-5-08 Court hearing - divorce final

A great marriage is not when the "perfect couple" comes together.

It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Another sad point is that this individual is not isolated in this belief as there are a few more on this particular "bandwagon" at the moment.

YMMV

Another sad point is that this individual is not isolated in this belief as there are a few more on this particular "bandwagon" at the moment.

Very true.

4-26-06 I-129F mailed

11-5-06 Married

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline
Sorry Mods, but I'm with Becc on this one. I advocate diplomacy as much as the next person (well, ok, there are not many 'next people' on VJ) but there are a couple of members who continually jump on their holier than thou soapboxes with misinformation and accusations.... I don't see them being reprimanded and it's getting really, really old.

I agree Jen. Many people have pointed out to D&N that his responses are over the top rude, insulting, and accusatory but he pays no mind and continues posting in the same manner making no apologies for his rude posts. Maybe something a bit more "in your face" was warranted in this instance.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Becca ~ I can't say it any better than what LaL did, so I'l just say "what she said" in answer to your question to me. ;)

JenT ~ As I've said a million times, mods don't police the board. We respond to PMs telling us where the problem is and then we act. If you think people are getting away with things then report to us the post where the problem is and we can act. Don't assume we have seen it.

The problem here is that if everyone jumps in and fights fire with fire then we find it harder to actually take action. There is no one person responsible any more and we just tend to lock the thread in question. If you want us to act against the continual misrepresentation of information by certain members, and/or any attitude you may see that is out of line, by NOT responding yourself it makes it easier for us to reprimand where it really is needed.

Alrighty.... now you know about D&N.

4-26-06 I-129F mailed

11-5-06 Married

Timeline

Becca ~ I can't say it any better than what LaL did, so I'l just say "what she said" in answer to your question to me. ;)

JenT ~ As I've said a million times, mods don't police the board. We respond to PMs telling us where the problem is and then we act. If you think people are getting away with things then report to us the post where the problem is and we can act. Don't assume we have seen it.

The problem here is that if everyone jumps in and fights fire with fire then we find it harder to actually take action. There is no one person responsible any more and we just tend to lock the thread in question. If you want us to act against the continual misrepresentation of information by certain members, and/or any attitude you may see that is out of line, by NOT responding yourself it makes it easier for us to reprimand where it really is needed.

So Mags, when one clicks on the "report this member" its not brought to your attention? We need to actively send you a PM? I just want clarification.

Timeline

So Mags, when one clicks on the "report this member" its not brought to your attention? We need to actively send you a PM? I just want clarification.

Yup, you don't even have to type anything, just C&P the link to the post and we'll have a look. I always send a response PM too, so you'll know I received it.

So derail a thread since somehow a poster does not *get* a law? One post calmly stating again, this information is wholly incorrect was all that was needed, instead we have a thread that has declined. If the intent was to make a point at sacrificing an educational opportunity, that I see what the deal is.

If we don't stumble across the posts that are OTT, then we often do not see these kinds of posts. You need to let us know, however correcting misinformation lies with the members as a whole.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

I would jus like to say that i married my husband and dint intend on it when he came here but does anyone see that as fraud or are they saying its fraud because she is coming to states knowing she is intending on staying here ? if that made sense ...lol

Yup, you don't even have to type anything, just C&P the link to the post and we'll have a look. I always send a response PM too, so you'll know I received it.

I thought the "Report this Post" only got sent to Ewok.

4-26-06 I-129F mailed

11-5-06 Married

Timeline

Good to know. So then, what is the purpose of the "report member" option? Again, for clarification. Thanks.

Timeline

I thought the "Report this Post" only got sent to Ewok.

It does. You need to C&P the post link and PM it to us mods.

Julezabelle ~ The report post option goes only to Captain Ewok. He does act on these reports if one of the mods has not already been alerted and he thinks action needs to be taken.

Now, can I ask that this goes back to topic now? Thanks. :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.