2long

Sent My Conditional GC with I-751 toNSC

16 posts in this topic

Does anybody has experience of travelling without expired GC in hand but having extension letter and Passport stamped.I sent my expired GC with the application six months ago to NSC now it seems there is no chance of receiving 10 GC till nex year.SO Ihave no Option but to travel without expired GC.I dont know How it is gonna work while coming back.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

why would you send the card?? you just need to send in a photocopy of the front and back of the card...

from what I have heard you need the expired card and the NOA (extension letter) for travel....

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Does anybody has experience of travelling without expired GC in hand but having extension letter and Passport stamped.I sent my expired GC with the application six months ago to NSC now it seems there is no chance of receiving 10 GC till nex year.SO Ihave no Option but to travel without expired GC.I dont know How it is gonna work while coming back.

My Lawyer told me they gonna ask for Expired GC anyway and it will further delay the processing .I know I made mistake but there is no turnback on it now.

Timeline

I don't think you can travel without it..... so you might have to wait till you get your 10 year green card before you travel.... there is a stamp you can get in your passport but I am not sure if you still need your green card to travel, maybe someone else will know better....

as for your lawyer I think he gave you bad info... I don't think they ask for the expired card at all..... they never asked for mine

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Georgia
Timeline
I don't think you can travel without it..... so you might have to wait till you get your 10 year green card before you travel.... there is a stamp you can get in your passport but I am not sure if you still need your green card to travel, maybe someone else will know better....

as for your lawyer I think he gave you bad info... I don't think they ask for the expired card at all..... they never asked for mine

They take your expired GC away when you go to get your passport stamped. To reenter US all you need is either expired GC and the extension letter or the extension stamp in you passport.

I guess at this point you don't have many options left other then going at your local USCIS office and getting I-555 stamped in your passport.

good luck!

Timeline

They take your expired GC away when you go to get your passport stamped. To reenter US all you need is either expired GC and the extension letter or the extension stamp in you passport.

I guess at this point you don't have many options left other then going at your local USCIS office and getting I-555 stamped in your passport.

good luck!

ok, I didn't know that...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

I'll definately get the stamp before travel.I was just wondering Do they still require you to have expired green card with you.Yea My Lawyer gave me bad info.My Wife wont let me go untill she is satisfied that immigration will not give me anyproblem at the airport.I did'nt know before filling that NSC is moving so slow.Thanks Guys you are helpfull than any lawyer

My Lawyer told me they gonna ask for Expired GC anyway and it will further delay the processing .I know I made mistake but there is no turnback on it now.

Attorneys :blink:

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Georgia
Timeline
I'll definately get the stamp before travel.I was just wondering Do they still require you to have expired green card with you.Yea My Lawyer gave me bad info.My Wife wont let me go untill she is satisfied that immigration will not give me anyproblem at the airport.I did'nt know before filling that NSC is moving so slow.Thanks Guys you are helpfull than any lawyer

Just go and get I-555 stamp and you will be fine. Also tell your wife to relax there is nothing to be worried about ;)

Filed: Timeline

good luck!

Sure? Nani has both. Expired GC and the stamp in her passport. Well, and the extension letter.

they do NOT take ur GC when u get ur passport stamped..!! they just cut a lil corner off the card and give u ur stamp in ur passport.. u are SUPPOSED to carry the clipped CG and NOA1 with u when u are traveling.. they DO ask for the expired GC AFTER they send u the new one.. not before..!!

i got my passport stamp and GC clipped in july.. (see siggy) :whistle:

hope u guys dont have to travel before ur wife gets her 10yr GC.. cuz i dont think she can travel without the GC.. (plus NOA1 and stamp..)

make an infopass apt right away and talk to them.. maybe they can send it back or if u got prove that u sent it in with the I-751 then they can put a lil note in the passport that she returned the GC.. so that she CAN travel if she needs to.. good luck :)

Edited by Joel'sWife

R.I.P. Diana 1982 - 28.08.2008

<3 WE MISS YOU <3

December 2oo7 - received 1o year GC!!

Filed: Timeline
they do NOT take ur GC when u get ur passport stamped..!! they just cut a lil corner off the card and give u ur stamp in ur passport.. u are SUPPOSED to carry the clipped CG and NOA1 with u when u are traveling.. they DO ask for the expired GC AFTER they send u the new one.. not before..!!

I guess they do it differently from one local office to local office to the next.

There was no clipping any corners off Nani's GC when she's got her stamp. :no:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.