Euro 2008 despair for England

26 posts in this topic

An English friend from work was really carping about this loss. :blink:

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Its not just the coach that is the problem but it is the way the English game is set up. Firstly, the FA desperately need to invest serious money into building a national youth academy where young players can be taught to play a style of football that suits England. Re-building the national stadium was money pissed down the drain considering how many great stadiums there are at club level now.

Secondly, the national coach just picks the best players from the clubs and expects them to mesh together as a team. It hasn't worked for years now and the FA can't blame the likes of Arsenal for buying cheap foreign kids in order to remain competetive in domestic and European competitions when the likes of Chelsea, Spurs and ManUtd spend ridiculous amounts of money on over rated but underperforming prima donnas. It is not the responsibility nor is it in the interests of the clubs to nuture England's next crop of youngsters.

For the FA to blame this current situation on not having the right coach at the helm or too many imported players is lazy at best and at worse it is an attempt by a bunch of fuddy duddies to turn attention away from their own ineptitude and mismanagement. You would think that Cornelius Fudge from the Harry Potter novels was in charge of the FA the way they have bodged the national game.

Edited by LondonGooner

Kelly (USC) & Jeremy (UKC)

Adjustment of Status from K-1 Visa

CIS Office : Louisville KY

Date Filed : 2006-11-28

NOA Date : 2006-12-21

Bio. Appt. : 2006-12-15

Card Received: 2008-02-12

Employment Authorization Document

CIS Office : Louisville KY

Filing Instance : First

Date Filed : 2007-09-18

Approved Date : 2007-11-08

Date Card Received : 2007-11-21

Estimates/Stats : Your EAD was approved in 51 days.

Advance Parole

CIS Office : Chicago National Office

Filing Instance : First

Date Filed : 2007-08-31

NOA Date : 2007-09-18

Date Received : 2007-11-09

Estimates/Stats : Your AP was approved in 31 days.

What a terrible game! The first half was an embarrassment. I am very disappointed England didn't go through :cry: but Croatia really were the better team. I'm still deciding who I'm going to support next year...

--------------------

(Full timeline in profile)

25th May 07 - Sent I-129F to TSC

17th December 07 - Interview- APPROVED! :)

17th May 08 - Got married!!!!! :)

18th June 08 - Mailed AOS/EAD/AP to Chicago lockbox

3rd October 08 - Green card in hand!!

26th August 10 - Sent I-751 to VSC

31st August 10 - NOA1 from VSC

10th January 11 - I-751 approved!

14th January 11 - 10-year green card in hand!!

22nd April 23 - N400 submitted online; NOA available in USCIS account immediately
6th November 23 - Interview; approval same day
28th November 23 - Oath ceremony scheduled

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline

I didn't watch the game, I'll just say it's going to be a very weird Euro without England :unsure:

U.S. CITIZEN SINCE MAY 8TH 2008

NATURALIZATION

28th july 2007 - N-400 mailed to VSC

(exactly on the 90th day mark...applications NOT returned although some scared me into thinking they could have!)

30th july 2007 - N-400 delivered to VSC

11th august 2007 - Delivery Confirmation receipt received

17th september 2007 - Money Order (FINALLY!) cashed

9th november 2007 - NOA! (notification period given 180 days)

21th november 2007 - Biometrics appointment letter

18th december 2007 - Biometrics appointment in Baltimore, MD completed

29th march 2008 - FINALLY received letter with interview date!

8th may 2008 H 8:40 AM - Interview in Baltimore-APPROVED!

8th may 2008 H 3:00 pm (yes same day, crazy!) Oath Ceremony in Baltimore

24th may 2008 - US Passport application mailed off

6th june 2008 - US Passport received in the mail!!!

What a terrible game! The first half was an embarrassment. I am very disappointed England didn't go through :cry: but Croatia really were the better team. I'm still deciding who I'm going to support next year...

It's not clear from my profile but I am actually English! I just live in NL... so I guess I should support Holland from now on... :whistle:

--------------------

(Full timeline in profile)

25th May 07 - Sent I-129F to TSC

17th December 07 - Interview- APPROVED! :)

17th May 08 - Got married!!!!! :)

18th June 08 - Mailed AOS/EAD/AP to Chicago lockbox

3rd October 08 - Green card in hand!!

26th August 10 - Sent I-751 to VSC

31st August 10 - NOA1 from VSC

10th January 11 - I-751 approved!

14th January 11 - 10-year green card in hand!!

22nd April 23 - N400 submitted online; NOA available in USCIS account immediately
6th November 23 - Interview; approval same day
28th November 23 - Oath ceremony scheduled

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Croatia
Timeline
I'd be honored to be a member of the Croatian drinking team.

Sweet!

prd_maxzoom_109272-611.jpg

That's nice:-)

We are really small country (4.5 mil people) and we need some support from outside:-)

Looks like the designer had a thing for Big Boy restaurants. :blink:

250px-BigBoyLogo.jpg

This is so funny :lol: I've never heard of Big Boy restaurants. If you would look Croatian flag a little bit closer you would know where does the design comes from and coat of arms on the flag is 1000 years old :yes:

And Mclaren is done. Now England just needs to find a better coach because they have good players who need more motivation to play.

Crouch was great but he can't play the whole game by himself!

K1 TIME LINE

05/21/2007 - I129F sent to VSC

05/25/2007 - NOA1

10/10/2007 touch (change of address)

10/11/2007 touch

10/12/2007 touch

10/15/2007 NOA2 (Approved)

10/18/2007 NVC received

11/02/2007 NVC left

11/06/2007 embassy received the petition

11/07/2007 package 3 & 4 sent out

11/08/2007 medical

11/26/2007 INTERVIEW

11/30/2007 US entry POE Washington DC

12/15/2007 Wedding

01/06/2008 AOS filed

01/14/2008 SSN received

01/12/2008 Drivers licens obtained:-)

02/05/2008 biometrics appointement

03/26/2008 approval notice for EAD

03/31/2008 another approval notice for EAD (confused)

04/04/2008 EAD received

04/09/2008 Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident!!!!!!!!! I guess I'll be getting my green card in the mail soon.

04/16/2008 AOS approval notice sent

04/16/2008 Green Card received!!!!!

dubrovnik.jpg

i am backing Croatia

Thanks!!

I just think Croatia and Russia deserve it because they play good soccer.

i agree with you.... :dance:

England team did not deserve to qualify. They were given a lifeline after Israel beat Russia. England was playing at Wembley and all they needed was a draw. They had too many superstars, but they did not blend as a team, especially, Gerrard-Lampard duo failed to combine well. They both have same style and thus were hindrance to the team rather than beneficial. For example, Argentina usually does not field Riquelme, Aimar together, as they are similar type of playmakers though both are highly talented players.

I-130 Timeline with USCIS:

It took 92 days for I-130 to get approved from the filing date

NVC Process of I-130:

It took 78 days to complete the NVC process

Interview Process at The U.S. Embassy

Interview took 223 days from the I-130 filing date. Immigrant Visa was issued right after the interview

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

The England team thinks they are better than they actually are. Every time they are in a competition they disappoint, yet every year everyone seems positive they will qualify, win or do well. Then England acts surprised that we lost...again!

Oh and don't you just wish that we could stop harping on about the 1966 World Cup Final? It was over 40 years ago now, we should be ashamed we haven't won since rather than keep bringing it up.

/rant :blush: