Vietnam

The List

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hello fellow Vietnam VJers--

For those that do not know, I (Dalegg) have been keeping the list of Vietnam Visa Seekers for a couple years now. I've begun tapering down the list to include only people who actually ask to be added to the list, and it has been dwindling.

Well, my wife (Nicolegg) just received her 10 year green card, so with the exception of applying for citizenshiip, our journey is pretty much over, and with the exception of an occasional pop in now and then, I'm not going to be spending a lot of time here. So.... I need to give up the user "Vietnam" to someone else who may want to keep it going. If you are interested in retaking the list, let me know and I will transfer the E-Mail address you choose to the account. By the way, since you will have the ability to edit a single post over and over, you need to be a little proficient in HTML and be a responsible enough member to not abuse your priveledges. I'll be checking with the Captain to see if anyone interested is worthy!

Until someone actually takes it over, I'll keep it up. Good luck to everyone!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

For those that do not know, I (Dalegg) have been keeping the list of Vietnam Visa Seekers for a couple years now. I've begun tapering down the list to include only people who actually ask to be added to the list, and it has been dwindling.

Well, my wife (Nicolegg) just received her 10 year green card, so with the exception of applying for citizenshiip, our journey is pretty much over, and with the exception of an occasional pop in now and then, I'm not going to be spending a lot of time here. So.... I need to give up the user "Vietnam" to someone else who may want to keep it going. If you are interested in retaking the list, let me know and I will transfer the E-Mail address you choose to the account. By the way, since you will have the ability to edit a single post over and over, you need to be a little proficient in HTML and be a responsible enough member to not abuse your priveledges. I'll be checking with the Captain to see if anyone interested is worthy!

Thanks for the good work over the past couple years Dale. You went through your journey pretty much the same time my wife and I did...and it was really great to have this group here to talk with during those uncertain times....such as when you have ONE LETTER wrong in a name on a document. ....hope a good person comes forward...this place helps alot of people and that list is fun to look at when you get 3 or 4 or more going thorugh the process at the same time.

GARY va YEN

us-flag1-ss.gif..... vn_sud-flag1-ss.gif

***USA*** AND VIETNAM

Link to our webpage: Click HERE

A short timeline:

October 2003, Introduced to YEN by her cousin whom I work with. We like each other etc etc etc..and so on

February 3, 2004, I go to Vietnam to meet her. Things go well so on

February 9, 2004, we get engaged and have the big ceremony and then on

February 14, 2004, I get back on the plane and come home. By about the middle of May I have everything ready to send in to USCIS for the I-29 and on

May 18, 2004 the Nebraska service center recieves the petition. And on

August 28, 2004 I recieve approval notice from NSC. On

October 18, 2004, Yen recieves Packet 3, fills it out, turns it in and on

December 13, 2004 Yen recieves Packet 4, she takes care of it, does the medical etc etc and the interview is scheduled for

January 4, 2005. Yen arrives for her interview and FAILS! So I call and find out what went wrong and they require additional evidence including a 5 minute video of me speaking vietnamese, a tax document that was already in the file, and some letters from me about how and when we met, when and where the engagement was, things we have in common and how our relationship progressed. So on

February 25, 2005 I go back to Vietnam to visit my em oi and on

March 2, 2005 she and I go to the consulate to give them the Video etc. They tell us to expect to wait another 2-6 months. I decide on

March 10, 2005 to give the consulate copies of my airplane tickets, visa and ticket stubs for Yen and I's trip to Phu Quoc. Unexpectedly on

March 23, I get an email from the consulate telling me that our case is APPROVED! So on or about

April 25, 2005 Yen arrives in Kansas City, MO, USA!

Now going through the rest of the process here.

LIFE IS GOOD!

When I first joined, this list has helped me a lot to prepare myself for what's ahead. I still visit the list every other day to see current status and to see if anyone has posted a review after the interview. If no one else comes forward then I would like to help maintain it. Thanks in advance. :)

05/07/2007 : I-129F Sent

05/29/2007 : NOA1

09/28/2007 : NOA2 (144 days from filing date)

11/02/2007 : NVC Received Case (35 days from NOA2)

11/06/2007 : NVC Sent Case to HCM Consulate

11/16/2007 : HCMC Received Case

11/17/2007 : HCMC Sent Packet 3

11/20/2007 : HCMC Received Packet 3

12/10/2007 : HCMC Called Fiancee (Packet 4 Sent + Interview Date)

12/18/2007 : Packet 4 Received

01/02/2008 : Medical Appointment

01/09/2008 : Interview passed!

01/29/2008 : Visa Received

02/02/2008 : POE @ SFO

Favorite Links:

K1 Process Flowchart

Vietnam Visa Seekers

Timeline

Dalegg

I want to thank you for your time and work on the Vietnam portal. I'm surprised more people haven't asked to be added to the pinned Vietnam Visa Seekers. Perhaps they aren't aware they have to ask. I think it's a valuable service. I know you can search the timlines but it's nice to just click and see what is happening with everyone.

I'm glad your wife has her 10 year green card. Good luck to both of you.

Peter and Thi

I-129F Sent : 2007-05-26

I-129F NOA1 : 2007-06-11

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2007-10-26

Touched: 2007-11-02

NVC Recieved: 2007-11-16

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline
Dalegg

I want to thank you for your time and work on the Vietnam portal. I'm surprised more people haven't asked to be added to the pinned Vietnam Visa Seekers. Perhaps they aren't aware they have to ask. I think it's a valuable service. I know you can search the timlines but it's nice to just click and see what is happening with everyone.

When I was waiting for my wife to come over and had lots of time on my hands, they didn't have to ask because I would go searching through the users list for members coming from Vietnam each week and add users who were updating their timelines.

But a lot of those members would stop updating their timelines at the stage of interview, so we wouldn't even know if it was a success- they probably didn't know they were being watched! Then came the split of Vietnam with and without a Flag, which meant two groups I would have to search each week, and what with my wife being here already- *sigh* too much work, not enough time!!

But I think it is valuable so that new members get a quick sense of how much time they have at each stage as well as the percentage of success, which believe it or not has varied over the months.

Timeline
Dalegg

When I was waiting for my wife to come over and had lots of time on my hands, they didn't have to ask because I would go searching through the users list for members coming from Vietnam each week and add users who were updating their timelines.

But a lot of those members would stop updating their timelines at the stage of interview, so we wouldn't even know if it was a success- they probably didn't know they were being watched! Then came the split of Vietnam with and without a Flag, which meant two groups I would have to search each week, and what with my wife being here already- *sigh* too much work, not enough time!!

But I think it is valuable so that new members get a quick sense of how much time they have at each stage as well as the percentage of success, which believe it or not has varied over the months.

Dalegg

Being new to this process, I've found this site to be a great resource. I wasn't aware there a flag and no flag Vietnam groups. I know some Vietnamese in the US are very anti communist but I didn't think it would matter enough here to have two groups.

I'm not a programmer but I know it is possible to have software that automatically updates the pinned list from main timeline list. Of course even if that was done, you're right, most people don't update their timelines. That's really the most important contribution anyone can do and it's not hard. It's a couple of minutes, here and there. I wonder if email reminders would help? I don't know the software this site is using but my shopping cart software allows me to target users with emails so I only have to write it once, tell the system how and when to do it then it does it. A monthly or some time interval reminder to update your timeline email. Having more accurate timelines would reassure us while we wait. Also more reports from those who have had their interview,etc would help everyone better understand the process better. A updated FAQ or a special pinned Vietnam FAQ would also help since searching the forums is time consuming.

While I don't have the time to offer to take over for you, I hope several others who do will step forward to help. Your efforts have made this process better for many people. I for one will continue to update my timeline and post to the forums with as much helpful info as I can.

Thank you And best wishes

Peter and Thi

I-129F Sent : 2007-05-26

I-129F NOA1 : 2007-06-11

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2007-10-26

Touched: 2007-11-02

NVC Recieved: 2007-11-16

Thank you Dalegg. I will continue the tradition and keep the list going. B)

05/07/2007 : I-129F Sent

05/29/2007 : NOA1

09/28/2007 : NOA2 (144 days from filing date)

11/02/2007 : NVC Received Case (35 days from NOA2)

11/06/2007 : NVC Sent Case to HCM Consulate

11/16/2007 : HCMC Received Case

11/17/2007 : HCMC Sent Packet 3

11/20/2007 : HCMC Received Packet 3

12/10/2007 : HCMC Called Fiancee (Packet 4 Sent + Interview Date)

12/18/2007 : Packet 4 Received

01/02/2008 : Medical Appointment

01/09/2008 : Interview passed!

01/29/2008 : Visa Received

02/02/2008 : POE @ SFO

Favorite Links:

K1 Process Flowchart

Vietnam Visa Seekers

Timeline

I think you made a good choice Ken is great I think he is the perfect man for the job. I want to thank you for all that you did .

TimeLine

Consulate : Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

I-129F Sent : 2007-09-26

I-129F NOA1 : 2007-09-28

I-129F RFE(s) : none

RFE Reply(s) : none

I-129F NOA2 : 2007-10-30

NVC Received : 2007-11-05

NVC Left : 2007-11-06

Consulate Received : 2007-11-09

Packet 3 Received : 2007-11-17

Packet 3 Sent : 2007-11-23

Packet 4 Received : 2007-12-16

Medical Taken : 2008-01-03

Medical Passed : 2008-01-04

Interview Date : 2008-01-11

Interview Passed : 2008-01-11

Visa Issue : January 18th 2008

USA ENTRY : January 23rd 2008

POE Entry : Seattle Washington

Wedding : February 9th 2008

Social Security Card Received: February 19th 2008

Civil Surgeon I693 signed : April 14th Vaccinations Complete.

AOS: Sent on April 15th 2008 USPS Confirmed . April 17th 4:56 Am

AOS: Hard Copy Received NOA1 April 22nd all 3 arrived same day.

Biometrics : Received Appointment Letter Today April 27th = May 23rd 2008 10 am appointment

Transfered CSC June 4th

EAD: Approved June 13th 2008

EAD: Recieved Card June 18th 2008

AP: Approved June 13th 2008

AP: Received June 18th 2008

AOS:touched :Card ordered July 26th

Approval: AOS : Aug 4th

Green Card :Received : Aug 5th with Welcome Letter . 2 years Dated July 26th

Thank You USCIS

Thank You Visa Journey...........................

Filed: Other Country: Tonga
Timeline

I, for one a many VJ member will miss you. We have gone through some very hard times over the years trying to bring our loved one home. The support have been helpful and this site was my only ankor of support. I thank you for the help and all others who have provide very helpful information in those times of wait wait wait.

I understand your desire to move on with you life. I too, am eager to start living with my now Vo. After this 2 and one half year battle I can finally rest and enjoy life. I waanted to say Cam on! for being there and makeing VJ members a special group.

all my best to you! "mai mai"

Happy Holidays!

Don Nicely aka martindart

PS, yes I will update my timeline once this old computer will allow me too...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.