7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

Hello, Everyone

Just wanted to let people know that we received an RFE for a copy of my BC. I wish USCIS would put this on their forms as documents to be included with the I129F Petition!!! So, for anyone out there just about to file...include the Beneficiary's BC just to be on the safe side. We received our NOA1 on 26th June 2007 and received the hard copy of the RFE on 16th November. So, it took almost five months for them to ask for this...GRRRRRR. Despite calling USCIS when our application was updated online to say we were getting an RFE they wouldn't tell us why this was being sent out...had to wait over a week for the hard copy.

Also just a quick note about visiting the USA once the Petition has been filed. I had no probelms at all when I arrived a few weeks ago. I had been a bit apprehensive after reading several posts on here...perhaps I was just lucky...who knows!

The waiting continues.....

Marianne

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

I am so glad we erred on the side of caution and included my fiance's birth cert with our I-129f! With my luck tohough, we'll get an RFE for something else!

Hope you get your NOA2 soon!

Hmmm, you were RFE'd for the bene's BC? That seems strange. I did K1 without it, no problems there. I got USCIS approval for K3 without it too. Petitioners BC is needed.

Also, it didn't take 5 months for them to ask for it. It took 4.5 months for them to assign it to an adjudicator, then probably a few hours to decide they wanted it, then a few days to generate and mail it.

Hello, Everyone

Just wanted to let people know that we received an RFE for a copy of my BC. I wish USCIS would put this on their forms as documents to be included with the I129F Petition!!! So, for anyone out there just about to file...include the Beneficiary's BC just to be on the safe side. We received our NOA1 on 26th June 2007 and received the hard copy of the RFE on 16th November. So, it took almost five months for them to ask for this...GRRRRRR. Despite calling USCIS when our application was updated online to say we were getting an RFE they wouldn't tell us why this was being sent out...had to wait over a week for the hard copy.

Also just a quick note about visiting the USA once the Petition has been filed. I had no probelms at all when I arrived a few weeks ago. I had been a bit apprehensive after reading several posts on here...perhaps I was just lucky...who knows!

Marianne

03/12/2007 - Married to my beautiful wife

04/16/2007 - Sent I-130 to VSC via USPS Express Mail

05/12/2007 - NOA1 received by snail mail after a loooong wait

05/14/2007 - Sent I-129F for K3 to Chicago Lockbox via USPS Express Mail

10/22/2007 - I129F APPROVED (161 days), I130 APPROVED (188 days)

11/08/2007 - I129F received at NVC, embassy case number generated.

11/13/2007 - I129F forwarded to embassy.

11/18/2007 - 129F petition received at embassy

01/09/2008 - finally, DOS gives me the interview date, April 16, 2007 (ouch)

01/23/2008 - never got packet 4, emailed embassy

04/11/2008 - picked up packet 4, did medical

04/14/2008 - medical report pickup, no problems

04/16/2008 - interview date- APPROVED!!!!!

04/18/2008 - both of us are home at last, POE JFK!

05/21/2008 - sent AOS and EAD

05/27/2008 - received NOA1 for AOS and for EAD

06/02/2008 - received Biometrics appt letter

06/19/2008 - Biometrics appointment scheduled - DONE

06/19/2008 - both AOS and EAD touched because of biometrics

07/29/2008 - EAD approved.

05/13/2009 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!/ Card production ordered email

05/18/2009 - Welcome Letter received

06/12/2009 - Second card production ordered email

06/19/2009 - Approval notice send email

06/22/2009 - Green Card received

04/09/2012 - Applied for Citizenship by Express Mailing N400 to NBC

04/10/2012 - N400 received by USCIS

06/23/2012 - Biometrics appointment

07/27/2012 - Appointment scheduled for N400 interview

09/05/2012 - Interview passed, oath ceremony completed, and Naturalization certificate received.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Hello, Everyone

Marianne

... oh man. i hope they just .. forget that Pete's isnt' there!

hopefully they'll finish up yoru processesing with superhuman speed once they have it!

My Timeline

Summer 2005 - Introduced online by a mutual friend

December 2005- Meet face to face. Mark 12/20 official start date.

June 9, 2007 - NOA1 from VSC

February 20, 2008 - APPROVED!!!

February 21, 2008 - paperwork forwarded to NVC.

February 27, 2008 - paperwork sent to Consulate.

March 6, 2008 - Packet 3 recieved.

March 19, 2008 - Packet 3 returned. (minus checklist!)

April 21, 2008 - Returned checklist. All Packet 3 in London.

May 7, 2008 - Medical.

May 30, 2008 - Interview. APPROVED.

July 27, 2008 - Arrives in US.

August 8, 2008 - Legal Wedding

AOS:

Sent: 10/17/08

Notice of Receipt: 10/23/08

I-765 - Rejected: 10/22/08

I-765 Resubmitted: 11/5/08

I485 RFE (for already submitted documents): 11/10/08

Biometrics appointment: 11/14/08

RFE returned: 11/15/08

Transferred to CSC: 5/15/09

Card Production ordered: 7/28/09

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
Hello, Everyone

Marianne

Sorry to hear about your RFE. Someone else on here recently got an RFE for the same thing, after waiting like you. I had sent a copy of my fiancee's BC because I had read similar stories before I filed my petition. Who knows why some people get asked for it and others do not. It does make sense but I do not work for USCIS. Good luck!!

Hello, Everyone

Marianne

Hopefully the will get on with your petition quickly. It is worth reading the RFE thread as it lists things like the Beneficiary Birth Certificate RFE which people have had before.

17th March 2010 - Started the removal of conditions process

22nd March 2010 - Application received by CSC

30th April 2010 - Biometrics appointment

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

hi, sorry about your rfe, just wanted to add that we had a copy of my fiance's bc (he is the american citizen) but the stil rfed us because copy was somehow illegible...so just hang in there and have lots of patience. maybe u'll be within the lucky ones, i know we haven;t. still waiting for our noa2 after 1 month since they let us know about it online.... :angry: but good luck to you! :yes:

I-129F Sent .......... 2007-05-29 toNSC, then forwarded to CSC

I-129F NOA1 ........ 2007-06-15

I-129F RFE(s) ........ 2007-10-18 (very bad day, yak)

RFE Reply(s) ......... 2007-11-06

Touch.................... 2007-11-07

Touch.................... 2007-11-09

Denied 2007-12-14 because of missing divorce paper. Lawyer swears she sent it and we will file motion to reopen file ...how long?

Filed motion to reopen file a week later

Approved 2008-01-12

Interview at Embassy in Bucharest 2008-03-14 - Approved!!!!!!!!

Entry in the USA 2008-05-01

Married 2008-06-21 (hubby almost broke his ankle and a black bird hit our windshield while driving to the courthouse hahah!

Filed for AOS 2008-07-02

Green card received w/o interview on 2008-12-09

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.