jacka

REF Vermont

24 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

hi

I got a REF on I-751 saying to send more evidence. They want w2 and all leases we had in all 3 places we lived since.

forgot to send W2 with tax returns.

Filed 20th october, came back check had cuttings on it. sent again 15th november, 2006

bio jan 25. since then nothing and finally REF in november 2007.

sent plenty of other evidence, seemed never enough.

any body know how long it takes once Ref sent?

jack

hi

I got a REF on I-751 saying to send more evidence. They want w2 and all leases we had in all 3 places we lived since.

Filed 20th october, came back check had cuttings on it. sent again 15th november, 2006

jack

Didn't realize they required Tax ####### for the I-751 as long as you show you have a bonafide marriage with other evidence.

Leases do show you lived together.

I also can understand joint returns will help show such better.

seemed never enough.

You are "almost" over the hump! :dance:

From what I've "seen" I-751s vary from original petition from a few months to ???

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Georgia
Timeline

I forgot to send my W-2 too :((

I wonder if there is anyone who got approved without W-2. I thought all they required was the income tax returns.

Send The i751 on 19/17/2007

Bio completed 10/23/2007

hi

jack

Didn't realize they required Tax ####### for the I-751 as long as you show you have a bonafide marriage with other evidence.

Leases do show you lived together.

I also can understand joint returns will help show such better.

seemed never enough.

You are "almost" over the hump! :dance:

From what I've "seen" I-751s vary from original petition from a few months to ???

I-751 said to send coies of tax filings ... didn't mention W-2's ... I didn't send W-2s either!!! :o

Timeline

01-30-06 2-Year Green Card Approved

02-11-06 2-Year Green Card Arrival

11-05-07 I-751 Petition MAILED To TSC

11-08-07 I-751 Petition RECEIVED At TSC

11-26-07 I-751 Petition Transferred to CSC and Check Cashed

12-01-07 NOA For 1-Year Extention RECEIVED from CSC

12-17-07 Biometrics Letter Received / Scheduled for 1/8/08

01-08-08 Biometrics Completed At ASC

01-08-08 Touched

01-09-08 Touched

03-26-08 10-Year GC APPROVED!!!! HOORAY!!!

04-03-08 10-Year GC ARRIVES! GC Journey Over For Another 10-Years~On To Citizenship

N-400 Application

10-15-2009 Application Filed

10-16-2009 Application Received / Lewisville, TX

10-21-2009 NOA I-797 Receipt for Application

11-10-2009 Electronic Notice of RFE For Biometrics

11-12-2009 Biometrics Letter Received

12-04-2009 Biometrics

12-17-2009 Notice That File Has Been Transferred To Local Office For Standard Interview

01-19-2010 Interview - PASSED! HOORAY!

01-20-2010 Oath for NEW U.S. Citizen! FINISHED AND DONE!

I-751 said to send coies of tax filings ... didn't mention W-2's ... I didn't send W-2s either!!! :o

Me neither :( but I read on British Expats forum that this guy got approved W/O W2's. Is it isolated case or they would approve anyone with enough of other evidence, I am not sure.

Timeline

That's exactly right. This is what instructions say " Joint Federal and State tax returns". Doesn't say anything about w2's. :angry:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

jacka,

When you originally sent the I-751 did you send tax transcripts from the IRS or did you send a copy of the taxes you filed? It seems from other posts on VJ that they request W-2's if you sent a copy of the taxes filed (ie, the 1040, etc.), and not tax transcripts. I'm not syaing they always do, but I do remember seeing some similar threads awhile ago.

((Success))

Timeline
jacka,

When you originally sent the I-751 did you send tax transcripts from the IRS or did you send a copy of the taxes you filed? It seems from other posts on VJ that they request W-2's if you sent a copy of the taxes filed (ie, the 1040, etc.), and not tax transcripts. I'm not syaing they always do, but I do remember seeing some similar threads awhile ago.

designermedusa,

What's the differences between taxes filed and the tax transcripts? I have delt with taxes only twice in my life so i don't really know how things are in terms of tax filing.

Eddie

Timeline
jacka,

designermedusa,

What's the differences between taxes filed and the tax transcripts? I have delt with taxes only twice in my life so i don't really know how things are in terms of tax filing.

Eddie

I guess the difference is a tax transcript comes from the IRS, and it verifies a person has filed their taxes. If you just have a copy of the 1040 that you submitted say via paper to the IRS then that does not prove that anything is actually filed. I would guess an e-filed tax form would have a confirmation proving it was sent to the IRS.

((Success))

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

If they want W-2s or tax transcripts, then they should change the instructions on the form to state that. The instructions as written say nothing about tax transcripts or W-2s.

My understanding is that AOS required W-2s and/or transcripts because part of the AOS decision is determining the sufficiency of the affidavit of support. I don't see what purpose they would serve in the removing of conditions phase, because the goal is to determine whether the marriage is bona fide.

08/28/2004 Engaged

09/22/2004 I-129F submitted

10/01/2004 I-129F Approved

12/15/2004 K1 Issued

12/30/2004 Arrival in US

02/19/2005 Married

01/30/2006 Conditional Green Card Approved

01/15/2008 Conditions Removed and 10 Year Card Issued

03/28/2009 N-400 mailed to Lockbox

07/17/2009 Interview Denver USCIS office RECOMMENDED FOR APPROVAL

08/28/2009 Naturalization Ceremony - US District Court - Denver, Colorado[/b][/u]

09/04/2009 Applied for passport

09/22/2009 Passport approved and mailed

09/24/2009 Passport received

08/26/2009 Naturalization Certificate and Name Change Petition arrive back from State Department

Timeline
jacka,

designermedusa,

Eddie

I guess the difference is a tax transcript comes from the IRS, and it verifies a person has filed their taxes. If you just have a copy of the 1040 that you submitted say via paper to the IRS then that does not prove that anything is actually filed. I would guess an e-filed tax form would have a confirmation proving it was sent to the IRS.

Thanks for your post. So the print out that you get from H&R block is just a copy of the 1040 or the transcript?

Timeline

A tax transcript comes from the IRS.

No one is saying they definately want W-2s or transcripts. I was just saying I saw a few threads where people had been asked for W-2s, but I don't remember the exact particulars.

Edited by designermedusa

((Success))

I will send my package soon to lift my conditions on my green card. i tried calling IRS to get transcripts but i cant go through, which options should i select? i phone this number: 1-800-829-1040, please help me what option should i press next. thank you so much

Timeline
I will send my package soon to lift my conditions on my green card. i tried calling IRS to get transcripts but i cant go through, which options should i select? i phone this number: 1-800-829-1040, please help me what option should i press next. thank you so much

I just mailed the request form. According to them it shouldn't take more than 10 days.

You can download the form from here http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f4506t.pdf

Good luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.