jacka

REF Vermont

24 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Georgia
Timeline
thank you edisheri for your reply.

that link is a big help. i will send my request tomorrow.

by the way, if i have tax return from H&R and W2, do i need the tax transcript as well? or should i send all? thanks

I think you should be fine, but to be on a safe side just go ahead and request a transcript. That's what i would have done if i knew this much before sending my application.

Good luck!

Filed: Timeline
jacka,

When you originally sent the I-751 did you send tax transcripts from the IRS or did you send a copy of the taxes you filed? It seems from other posts on VJ that they request W-2's if you sent a copy of the taxes filed (ie, the 1040, etc.), and not tax transcripts. I'm not syaing they always do, but I do remember seeing some similar threads awhile ago.

Designermedusa

I just sent the printed tax forms because we filed online. I wish all these institutions could share data with each other and could save us from lot of hard work.

jack

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

all we sent in was the copy of the return we got from the accountant and just the page that showed we filed jointly... we didn't send in any W-2's.....

it is weird that they seem to expect different things from different people :unsure:

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
If they want W-2s or tax transcripts, then they should change the instructions on the form to state that. The instructions as written say nothing about tax transcripts or W-2s.

My understanding is that AOS required W-2s and/or transcripts because part of the AOS decision is determining the sufficiency of the affidavit of support. I don't see what purpose they would serve in the removing of conditions phase, because the goal is to determine whether the marriage is bona fide.

They want to see that you as a couple have merged your financial assets and liabilities as part of the evidence needed to prove a bonafide relationship. One of the ways is to include tax transcripts, which indicates if you have filed jointly.

Many people who have gotten RFE's at this stage of the game usually report the RFE is for additional financial evidence.

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Timeline
all we sent in was the copy of the return we got from the accountant and just the page that showed we filed jointly... we didn't send in any W-2's.....

it is weird that they seem to expect different things from different people :unsure:

Marilyn

Did you get approved? Can you list your timeline please

Thanks

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Marilyn

Thanks

my case was pretty quick, I wouldn't judge your progress by how fast mine went....

Feb 3rd, 2007 - Mailed off Removal of Conditions package

Feb 7th, 2007 - Package was received and checks cashed

Feb 27th, 2007 - Received NOA

Feb 28th, 2007 - Received Biometrics Appointment letter

March 13th, 2007 - Biometrics Appointment

March 24th, 2007 - Card Production ordered

March 27th, 2007 - Email, stating that a notice was mailed that they had approved our petition

March 29th, 2007 - Green Card received in the mail

this was the list of evidence we sent in....

copy of baby's hospital certificate (this was not the birth certificate, just the paper we got from the hospital that hubby used to add the baby to his health care insurance)

copy of baby's death certificate

copy of rental agreement

copy of car insurance

copy of one recent joint tax form

copy of 401K that states that I am the primary beneficiary

copy of health care statement showing that I am covered under hubby's health care insurance

copy of one recent gas bill

copy of one recent phone bill

copy of one recent cable bill

copy of recent bank statements

copy of paper showing that hubby added me to his bank account

Copy of some bills (Sirius, Netflix etc) with just hubby's name and our address on it

Copy of some bills with just my name on it and our address (recent electric bill etc..)

Some envelopes with both our names and address on them...

Edited by MarilynP
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

Marilyn

Thanks

my case was pretty quick, I wouldn't judge your progress by how fast mine went....

Feb 3rd, 2007 - Mailed off Removal of Conditions package

Feb 7th, 2007 - Package was received and checks cashed

Feb 27th, 2007 - Received NOA

Feb 28th, 2007 - Received Biometrics Appointment letter

March 13th, 2007 - Biometrics Appointment

March 24th, 2007 - Card Production ordered

March 27th, 2007 - Email, stating that a notice was mailed that they had approved our petition

March 29th, 2007 - Green Card received in the mail

this was the list of evidence we sent in....

copy of baby's hospital certificate (this was not the birth certificate, just the paper we got from the hospital that hubby used to add the baby to his health care insurance)

copy of baby's death certificate

copy of rental agreement

copy of car insurance

copy of one recent joint tax form

copy of 401K that states that I am the primary beneficiary

copy of health care statement showing that I am covered under hubby's health care insurance

copy of one recent gas bill

copy of one recent phone bill

copy of one recent cable bill

copy of recent bank statements

copy of paper showing that hubby added me to his bank account

Copy of some bills (Sirius, Netflix etc) with just hubby's name and our address on it

Copy of some bills with just my name on it and our address (recent electric bill etc..)

Some envelopes with both our names and address on them...

Well done :thumbs:

I wish they were as quick with others, it would have made our lives much easier.

Which service center did you send yours?

So far my time line is this

Sep 17, 2007 - Mailed off the package

Sep 18, 2007 - Package was received

0ct 14, 2007 - Received NOA

oct 18, 2007 - Received Biometrics Appointment letter. Appointment scheduled for 11/03/2007

oct 23, 2007 - Did a walk in Biometrics

Oct 24, 2007- Case touched

I'm going back to Rep OF Georgia with my wife for new years at the end of December. I know i can use my NOA to reenter US, but it would have been nice to have 10 year one prior to my departure.

Good luck to everyone!

Eddie

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.