DeeZee

Second Finger Scan @ USEM

16 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello guys,

So after worrying about my visa not released from the embassy yet, I finally called USEM today. The first time I called, the lady said my case is under review and i just have to wait. Then i decided to call again in the afternoon. The lady named Sophie told me that I have to do a SECOND FINGER SCAN. During the interview, I had to redo my finger scan like 4-5 times, even had to go and wash my hands. But now they tell me that I had to redo it and the rest of the documents are ok. What the hell??!?!? I'm just mad. So, I have to fly again to Manila on monday. I just hope that after this, they will release the visa right away.

Has anyone here on VJ experienced this before??? This is making me stressed out, hate it! To the rest of the November interviewees, I realized that most our visas are taking longer than usual to be issued. I wish and pray for our visas to be in our hands ASAP!

DeeZee

AOS TIMELINE:

02.25.2008 Mailed AOS packet

03.04.2008 Check cashed

03.03.2008 NOA dates for I-485, EAD, AP

03.05.2008 Biometrics Appointment notice date

03.19.2008 Biometrics Appointment

03.22.2008 RFE for missing (2) I-864 pages :(

03.24.2008 RFE mailed back

03.31.2008 RFE received and case processing resumed

04.28.2008 AP approval notice (dated 04.25.08)

04.30.2008 EAD approved

05.02.2008 Received AP in mail

05.05.2008 Received EAD in mail

07.10.2008 Received Interview letter

08.15.2008 Interview: Approved

08.26.2008 Green Card received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

yeah i feel for u, i have this friend whom i met during my early med, her interview was Nov 6 but until now her Visa has not been delivered... never heard any case like urs as well but i do hope everything will turn out to be okay

regards;

Jen

That is nuts. You would think they would get a good one before they let you leave :unsure:

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Not a USEM situation but when I was at ACS for my wife's biometrics... an individual was there for the fourth time.....

YMMV

Timeline

Ann (my Fiance) had her interview on November 8th. She had experienced difficulties at St. Lukes because they insisted her son receive a TB test. She had to make an extra trip to Manila, have him tested and then wait in a hotel for 3 days to have the result read. Because of the TB test she was unable to return home to Iloilo after the test so she remained in Manila for the week. They instructed her to return to St. Lukes on November 7th (day before interview) to finish vaccinations. Her son was apprehensive about going to the place where they stuck him last time so when they took his blood pressure it was high. They told her to come back at 6pm and they would give his vaccinations at that time. She didnt leave the hospital until 9:30pm that night with her interview scheduled the next day. The doctor who had to sign the medical record to release it had left for the night. She was promised that it would be sent to the embassy the next day. I learned yesterday that it took St. Lukes 8 days to send the file to the embassy. We are still waiting for the embassy to do their final processing on the visa. Her flight is November 21st and our wedding was scheduled for November 23rd. Our honeymoon in Orlando is scheduled for November 28th (when I planned it I thought she would be here in October). Anyway I know they say dont plan your flight until you have your visa so that is my fault. I thought 13 days from interview would be enough time for them to process the visa.

April filers had to endure the delays caused by the rush to beat the fee increase in July, slowdowns at NVC and from what I have read from other posts delays at the embassy in releasing the visas.

Timeline
That is nuts. You would think they would get a good one before they let you leave :unsure:

Yeah!! And it seemed like when i called the first time the lady who answered didn't notice or realize about the finger scan...and when i called the 2nd time, the other lady had to check my case and seemed as if she just realized that i had to redo it! ARghhhhhhh So stupid of them!

AOS TIMELINE:

03.04.2008 Check cashed

04.30.2008 EAD approved

Timeline
Ann (my Fiance) had her interview on November 8th. She had experienced difficulties at St. Lukes because they insisted her son receive a TB test. She had to make an extra trip to Manila, have him tested and then wait in a hotel for 3 days to have the result read. Because of the TB test she was unable to return home to Iloilo after the test so she remained in Manila for the week. They instructed her to return to St. Lukes on November 7th (day before interview) to finish vaccinations. Her son was apprehensive about going to the place where they stuck him last time so when they took his blood pressure it was high. They told her to come back at 6pm and they would give his vaccinations at that time. She didnt leave the hospital until 9:30pm that night with her interview scheduled the next day. The doctor who had to sign the medical record to release it had left for the night. She was promised that it would be sent to the embassy the next day. I learned yesterday that it took St. Lukes 8 days to send the file to the embassy. We are still waiting for the embassy to do their final processing on the visa. Her flight is November 21st and our wedding was scheduled for November 23rd. Our honeymoon in Orlando is scheduled for November 28th (when I planned it I thought she would be here in October). Anyway I know they say dont plan your flight until you have your visa so that is my fault. I thought 13 days from interview would be enough time for them to process the visa.

April filers had to endure the delays caused by the rush to beat the fee increase in July, slowdowns at NVC and from what I have read from other posts delays at the embassy in releasing the visas.

I know exactly how you feel...Sigh...

yeah i feel for u, i have this friend whom i met during my early med, her interview was Nov 6 but until now her Visa has not been delivered... never heard any case like urs as well but i do hope everything will turn out to be okay

regards;

Jen

I hope so, Jen! Thanks for the encouragement!

AOS TIMELINE:

03.04.2008 Check cashed

04.30.2008 EAD approved

Timeline
Hello guys,

So after worrying about my visa not released from the embassy yet, I finally called USEM today. The first time I called, the lady said my case is under review and i just have to wait. Then i decided to call again in the afternoon. The lady named Sophie told me that I have to do a SECOND FINGER SCAN. During the interview, I had to redo my finger scan like 4-5 times, even had to go and wash my hands. But now they tell me that I had to redo it and the rest of the documents are ok. What the hell??!?!? I'm just mad. So, I have to fly again to Manila on monday. I just hope that after this, they will release the visa right away.

Has anyone here on VJ experienced this before??? This is making me stressed out, hate it! To the rest of the November interviewees, I realized that most our visas are taking longer than usual to be issued. I wish and pray for our visas to be in our hands ASAP!

DeeZee

Bummer, too bad you have to go back for finger scanning :( I hope everything turns out well :)

Keeping my fingers crossed that you get your visa soon,

Salmon

K-1 Timeline

May 26, 2007 I-129F NOA1 [/font][/size]

August 27, 2007 RFE e-mail notice

September 18, 2007 Case processing has resumed

September 24, 2007 NOA2 hard copy

November 17, 2007 Packet 4 arrived

November 29, 2007 Medical

December 6, 2007 Interview approved

December 13, 2007 Visa delivered

December 14, 2007 CFO seminar and sticker St. Mary's

AOS

March 21, 2008 - Mailed AOS application

November 4, 2008 - Interview

December 24, 2008 - Greencard received in mail

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I think it's a problem with the scanning machines. As much as I love technology- I think the traditional black ink method is far more accurate to get a good print.

Timeline

HI Deezee,

I hope that everything is alright then and you will get your Visa very very soon.

MY TIMELINE

K-1 Journey

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Singapore

05/21/07 : I-129F Sent

02/24/08 : INTERVIEW

12/12/07 : MEDICAL

01/09/08 : VISA IN HAND

03/06/08 : Arrive in the US, POE - DETROIT

AOS

03/28/08 : Mailed AOS Packet

04/12/08 : Receive NOA's AP, EAD

05/02/08 : BIOMETRICS

06/11/08 : EAD CARD IN THE MAIL!!!

07/02/08 : GREEN CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED

07/07/08 : GREEN CARD IN THE MAIL & WORKING

03/27/09 : Driver's License issued

Removing Condition

04/03/10 : mailed to Vermont

04/08/10 : NOA1 & 1 yr extension

05/20/10 : Biometrics Appt.

11/19/10 : Interview/Approval

Timeline
Hello guys,

DeeZee

Bummer, too bad you have to go back for finger scanning :( I hope everything turns out well :)

Keeping my fingers crossed that you get your visa soon,

Salmon

Thanks Salmon! You are on your way to the finish line..good luck!

HI Deezee,

I hope that everything is alright then and you will get your Visa very very soon.

I sure pray and hope that. Thanks for the support. :)

AOS TIMELINE:

03.04.2008 Check cashed

04.30.2008 EAD approved

Happens sometimes as the "Hi tech" digital fingerprinter can't get a good image on some people.

Tell them to get out the INK!!

You'd think they'd have something they can put on your fingers to swell up the the friction ridges.

Edited by Haole

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Timeline

I hope this doesn't happen to anybody else here..It's a waste of money for the flight and other expenses incurred in manila..not to mention the stress involved in the delays of this process! And I thought that it was time to celebrate after the interview, but not! :crying: I already had my second f/s yesterday on the same window 16. The lady said its the US who will approve of it, not them. And when I called today to follow-up, Sophia from USEM said that it looks ok to her but they'll need to ask some docs from the US gov't. So that means more delays.

To everyone else, let's all have faith that we'll have our visas delivered very soon!

AOS TIMELINE:

03.04.2008 Check cashed

04.30.2008 EAD approved

I hope this doesn't happen to anybody else here..It's a waste of money for the flight and other expenses incurred in manila..not to mention the stress involved in the delays of this process! And I thought that it was time to celebrate after the interview, but not! :crying: I already had my second f/s yesterday on the same window 16. The lady said its the US who will approve of it, not them. And when I called today to follow-up, Sophia from USEM said that it looks ok to her but they'll need to ask some docs from the US gov't. So that means more delays.

To everyone else, let's all have faith that we'll have our visas delivered very soon!

Hello friend,

how are you? i have read your text here in vj about your visa. and just wanna know how's going on now? mine i did recieved my visa nov. 21 in the afternoon. and i have to take my CFO on nov.27. and on dec. 11 check in to manila for my final flight to florida. so i hope you will get your visa sooner. friend pls. dont say anything that God will be sad about your word. what i mean, dont say a bad words about your visa, but just take a quite time to God and ask for help.... coz in God nothing shall impossible and He can do all things. remember God will never leave you nor forsake you. He is on time in times of need. so pls. spent time to God and talk to Him about your problem. God bless you Jesus Christ loves you so much.

Johna

AOS/EAD

o5-29-08--SENT THE AOS PACKAGE TO USCIS

o5-31-08--Item was delivered at 5:35 AM in CHICAGO, IL 60680.

o6-04-08--USCIS recieved the AOS and EAD package

o6-10-08--AOS and EAD NOA date

o6-14-08--Recieved a AOS and EAD notice for Biometric on June 24, 2008

o6-24-08--AOS and EAD Biometrics done today! @ 9:00 a.m in West Palm Fl.

o6-24-08--AOS and EAD touch!

o6-25-08--AOS and EAD touch!

o7-08-08--AOS case transfered to CSC

o7-11-08--AOS case pending at CSC

o8-07-08--EAD Card Production Ordered today!CRIS

o8-14-08--AOS touched

o8-15-08--Email from CRIS Welcoming for a new resident in the USA

o8-15-08--Email from CRIS EAD notice approval

o8-15-08--EAD card arrived in the mail, EAD was approved in 70 days.

o8-18-08--Received hard copy of WELCOME LETTER as a new resident in the USA

o8-25-08--GREEN CARD Card Production Ordered

o8-29-08--AOS Approved! without Interview

o9-02-08--Received GREEN CARD with out INTERVIEW, with out RFE.

Filed: IR-2 Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hello guys,

DeeZee

Yes it happens. I have a friend who was placed on AR for almost a month, they thought she was approved right after the USEM interview. A week had passed and she didn't

recieved the visa and they finally realized that she was put on AR. A month and still no visa delivered and they dont know the reason why. So they asked help from the congressman from where her petitioner lives and after seeking help from the said congressman they got the reason why she was put on AR. Its because USEM said she had to repeat her finger scanning. What a stress to this couple because they keep on calling the USEM but they can't give answer to their query it takes a month for them to

informed the applicant that she need to go back to the USEM for the finger scanning and with the help of a congressman.

It sucks bigtime.

Edited by jshaft

My Daugther's IR2 Visa Timeline

October 03 -2011- Sent the Application for I-130 Package

October 07 -Receieved USCIS acceptance of Application by e-mail

October 12 -Received Notice of Action by Mail

April 27, 2012 -Finally Petition is approved!

May 03, 2012 -Received NOA 2 in the mail

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.