HLM

can any hijabi or niqabi help me on this plz!

15 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

salam to u all sisters..... but i ve been stressing lately on how wd the embassy treat me or my case becoz i wear hijab and i know how bad it is since 9/11:( :unsure: so if theres any hijabi or niqabi here who can help me by telling me about their own experiences and whether it did affect their process in anyway.... thank you so much .... any help is appreciated!

lyrics.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

hello lady (F) ,

well I am not muslim so I do not wear either pieces you mentioned... but I do believe that women being interviewed at the US embassy in Cairo have it much easier than the men by far... personally i think doodles husband had it the hardest for interview questions, and someone else but i cant remember who... her husband was treated probably the rudest... but anyways, the embassy knows you are muslim and would dress modestly so I dont see how that would be any different from any other muslim women that ever was interviewed by the embassy... I dont know about covering up all ur face... hair sure wouldnt be a problem... but honestly I just dont suggest covering your whole face. -Tam

and girl! dont stress... you will be ok for the interview! take care (F)

Edited by TamaraLovesAdam
10407819_701840296558511_659086279075738

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

You live in Egypt where wearing hijab is common. I would not worry about that. Please don't stress, tho. Nervousness is not good at an interview. Male or female, it can get you denied.

Does your American sponsor post here too?

Timeline

thank you for ur reply:D... i know i shudnt be stressing from now esp that its still months till the interview but i guess it was something on my mind for awhile .... thank you again sweetie :)

lyrics.jpg

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

It's a good thought about niqaab though. I mean just wearing regular hijab I can't see them having a problem with at all. I wore mine when we went for the interview, though the guy never showed up we did still speak to a woman there who asked a few questions just related to the application. I never felt like she thought any different of me than anyone else. Plus just about every woman in there being interviewed was wearing hijab as well. Maybe there were three or four who weren't out of about 100.

Niqaab though I don't know only because there's so much controversy over having your picture taken without it, etc. It'd be interesting if anyone's had experience with it but I don't think anyone here has. Good luck!

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Timeline
You live in Egypt where wearing hijab is common. I would not worry about that. Please don't stress, tho. Nervousness is not good at an interview. Male or female, it can get you denied.

no he doesnt...

lyrics.jpg

Timeline
It's a good thought about niqaab though. I mean just wearing regular hijab I can't see them having a problem with at all. I wore mine when we went for the interview, though the guy never showed up we did still speak to a woman there who asked a few questions just related to the application. I never felt like she thought any different of me than anyone else. Plus just about every woman in there being interviewed was wearing hijab as well. Maybe there were three or four who weren't out of about 100.

Niqaab though I don't know only because there's so much controversy over having your picture taken without it, etc. It'd be interesting if anyone's had experience with it but I don't think anyone here has. Good luck!

masha Allah thats good :D al hamdulillah....well i dont wear niqab but i wanted to get as much info as i can concerning these things to help me get ready for my interview insha Allah.

lyrics.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

i am sure that what a girl wears is the least worry ... my husband was worried about what shoes to wear, what shirt and what pants... made me crazy! hehe

just make sure you have all your paper work together and in order, any pictures and proofs you have, answer all their questions even if they are hard to answer and dont look nervous... you will do fine and since you have some time before the interview ... RELAX :lol:(F) i was stressed the week of my husbands interview but oh my goodness! the whole time he was in the embassy I was a nervous wreck laying in bed couldnt sleep... matter of fact i sent a sweet romantic text around 4am my time... thinking it was to my husband... but sent it to my mom!!! :lol:

10407819_701840296558511_659086279075738

Timeline
i am sure that what a girl wears is the least worry ... my husband was worried about what shoes to wear, what shirt and what pants... made me crazy! hehe

just make sure you have all your paper work together and in order, any pictures and proofs you have, answer all their questions even if they are hard to answer and dont look nervous... you will do fine and since you have some time before the interview ... RELAX :lol:(F) i was stressed the week of my husbands interview but oh my goodness! the whole time he was in the embassy I was a nervous wreck laying in bed couldnt sleep... matter of fact i sent a sweet romantic text around 4am my time... thinking it was to my husband... but sent it to my mom!!! :lol:

awwwwww i kind of know what u mean.....lol

thank you sooo much for ur support gurls.. u re right i shud just relax and take it easy but i guess i just wanted to hear it myself :)

lyrics.jpg

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I sent one to Dee one time by accident! :whistle:

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I sent one to Dee one time by accident! :whistle:

:lol:

I accidentally sent one to my arabic teacher at the masjid :blush: allhumduallah she doesn't speak French!

Just relax for the interview, get there a little early, and make sure you have all your papers in order. I was a wreck too during my SO's interview :whistle:

يَايُّهَا الَّذِينَ ءامَنُوا اسْتَعِينُوا بِالصَّبْرِ وَالصَّلَوةِ اِنَّ اللَّهَ مَعَ الصَّبِرِينَ

“O you who believe! seek assistance through patience and prayer; surely Allah is with the patient. (Al-Baqarah 2:153 )”

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline

Best of luck with your process !

(F)

-MK

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

salam to u all sisters..... but i ve been stressing lately on how wd the embassy treat me or my case becoz i wear hijab and i know how bad it is since 9/11:( :unsure: so if theres any hijabi or niqabi here who can help me by telling me about their own experiences and whether it did affect their process in anyway.... thank you so much .... any help is appreciated!

Sister,

Wearing hijab will be fine, don't worry.

I-130 Timeline with USCIS:

It took 92 days for I-130 to get approved from the filing date

NVC Process of I-130:

It took 78 days to complete the NVC process

Interview Process at The U.S. Embassy

Interview took 223 days from the I-130 filing date. Immigrant Visa was issued right after the interview

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

How do you know that?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.