sweetiewynn

Need attorney to pass the bribe for me -any takers?

11 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Taiwan
Timeline

Ok, my sweetie is teling me that everyone knows the consulate in HCMC accepts bribes. She says all the Viet Kieu and attorneys already know about it and I have come to the realization that the rumors I have been hearing for years and the tales of bribery I have heard are all true. I can't deny it when I hear about it all the time and people get their visas in just 4 months from start to finish then when I ask how they say "pay." I can't deny it anymore and my last shred of faith in U.S.A.has been severed. I know I am going to get a slew of responses telling me to suck their asses more and wait more and more and you know what? It's a bunch of bullshit. The bribe system IS the way to go, just like everything else in this country, buy it. You can buy anything in America. You can buy liars who will justify wars for you. You can buy news and media. Hell, you can even buy organs ripped out of Chinese "dissidents" who were busy in their prisons making goods for U.S. government cooperative strip malls. ###### AMERICA. I am ready to join in the mass corruption and pay!

THIS IS AN OPEN CALL TO ATTORNEYS - I NEED YOUR EXPERIENCE IN BRIBING CONSULATES TO PASS A BRIBE FOR ME AND WILL PAY FOR THE SERVICES SINCE I AM TOO SCARED TO TRY IT MYSELF AND HAVE NO EXPERIENCE DOING SO. PM ME AND THE "SECRET" STAYS SAFE WITH ME.

“I never was and never shall be what is commonly termed a popular man,” Adams concluded. “I have no powers of fascination; none of the honey…” John Quincy Adams

Timeline

Oh, sorry. What I meant to say was that if there is an attorney out there who can actually do something to help our case, I am ready to hire you. By "attorney who can actually do something to help our case" I mean I am not looking for an attorney to hold my hand while I wait and not lokoing for an attorney to call and ask what the status of our case is... I am looking for actual results through the non-written channels. If this means you are buds with the people who work there, fine. I it means they like your smile, that work too. If it means you knew some loophole$ that mo$t of u$ don't know about... then I am ready to pay the money to "hire an attorney" and do this the regular way.

Edited by sweetiewynn

“I never was and never shall be what is commonly termed a popular man,” Adams concluded. “I have no powers of fascination; none of the honey…” John Quincy Adams

Timeline

The US Consulate in HCMC really lets us down now. Nathan is very despressed and fuming now. What we want is to be together but they can't understand that. I don't think they will ever review our case and that we will have to do over. But god, we are so broke now and we just lost our jobs. He is so mad now and just broke his computers in many pieces. What can we do now? Is there anyone can help us? Any advice? He is so mad at his gov but where will we live? He doesn't like to live either here or there. I don't care where we will live, I just want to live with him but now we are so broke to move to some different place. Please give us some advice.

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I just finished reading the "news" tab on your webpage: Your Webpage and first, I have to tell you that your case is heartbreaking. It seems that it is a combination of misunderstandings and just plain ole' beurocratic red tape. You've also learned that contacting your congressman or senator really doesn't help matters.

I know this is not going to help you, and if I was in your shoes I'm not sure how differently I would act, but you are making some questionable moves. The first is that on November 24th, you sent your website link to the office of Visa Services. If they took the time to read the same page I did, they would read about your "bribing of commies" to get a visa extension. That cannot be good!

Also, I have to ask the question of support. You just stated you are both going broke, and I see that you are using a co-sponsor. Nathan has been in Vietnam for much of the last year, so I'm guessing he doesn't have a career waiting in the states that will establish support of his own. This is very serious. He needs to establish a firm affidavit of support.

I hope that everyone takes the time to read the link on your website. It will underscore the importance of consistently answering the questions at the interview correctly. We all know these are understandable mistakes one can make under pressure, but if the consular was looking for an excuse to blue slip you- you gave it to them. By the way, I think you are making a bit much of the "less than 6 months" "more than 6 months" statement. This was just an incorrect guess the woman made (which she probably shouldn't have done), but I don't think it can be considered directly misleading.

It seems that your case is going the course of Waitforevers, and if I were you, I would drop it, and go for the K3- yes that is going to take another year, but it's just my opinion that this is now your only hope.

I really hope that one day you two will be united together in the US. This is just a sad story.

Edited by dalegg

20-July -03 Meet Nicole

17-May -04 Divorce Final. I-129F submitted to USCIS

02-July -04 NOA1

30-Aug -04 NOA2 (Approved)

13-Sept-04 NVC to HCMC

08-Oc t -04 Pack 3 received and sent

15-Dec -04 Pack 4 received.

24-Jan-05 Interview----------------Passed

28-Feb-05 Visa Issued

06-Mar-05 ----Nicole is here!!EVERYBODY DANCE!

10-Mar-05 --US Marriage

01-Nov-05 -AOS complete

14-Nov-07 -10 year green card approved

12-Mar-09 Citizenship Oath Montebello, CA

May '04- Mar '09! The 5 year journey is complete!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Besides the fact of keeping better tabs on the content of your website(s), lets all remember that VisaJourney is a PUBLIC forum. I'm sure the consulate and its staff in HCMC are well aware of this website.

STL_HCMC

K1 Timeline

12/27/2005...I-129F Sent (Nebraska Service Center)

07/19/2006...Visa Approved

AOS Timeline

01/23/2007...AOS Sent

03/08/2007...AOS Approved

Removing Conditions

01/12/2009...I-751 Sent

06/10/2009...I-751 Approved

Naturalization

03/27/2010...N-400 Sent

11/21/2011...Approval

12/09/2011...Oath Ceremony

Timeline

OK, I will make it under construction, also delete the link to visajourney.

Timeline

I hear the bribes accusation sometimes.

I always listen. But the stories always have always fizzled out when it

comes to specifics. Name, case number, month, year,

name of the facilitator, or even ONE of the above, let alone all

of them.

I've never believed US Officers do that. It's not that they

are anymore virtuous or less greedy than anyone else, it's just that

the system in which they operate has been designed to prevent it. It isn't

very well designed to determine the merits of IV cases, in my opinion.

But it's extremely efficient at stopping US officers from accepting bribes in return

for visas.

Consular officers exist in an isolated culture. They are watched. They have rules about

fraternization. I imagine it's difficult to even maintain close contacts with the outside world,

let alone run a bribery-based visa business on the side. This is especially true of a big operation

like HCMC. I could be wrong. But that's always been my impression of DOS.

They're isolated. And the US officers are always subject to being watched.

That leaves the Vietnamese nationals. I don't think they exercise enough

authority in the process to approve or deny cases on their own. I know a

supervisor must sign off on every denial.

OK. That's denials. Is it possible to have approvals slip through the

system without oversight?

I doubt it. But I'm hardly an expert on DOS internal procedures.

A consular officer could answer that better than me.

I haven't heard any specifics yet. But if I do, There are telephone numbers in DOS

of people who would want to know about bribery or malfeasance. And I know a couple

of them.

Don't bet your whole future on what you read

on a message board or in a chat room.

This is not legal advice. No attorney-client relationship is intended.

You should not infer one.It's information of general applicablity.

Do not take any action without first consulting a qualified immigration attorney in greater detail.

John Marcus "Marc" Ellis, Attorney

American Immigration Lawyers (AILA)

membership number 10373

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I just wanted to wish you the best. It is very painful to be apart=(.

Barbara (Canada) & Dallas (USC)

AOS

Nov 13 2005 EAD & I-485 sent to Chicago Lockbox

Nov 22, 2005 EAD & I-485 NOA1

Dec 15, 2005 Biometrics for EAD & I-485

Dec 19, 2005 EAD & I-485 Touched

Jan 21, 2006 Rec'd I-485 Fingerprint Reschedule Notice (AHHH!!!)

Feb 10, 2006 Fingerprint App't

Feb 1, 2006 EAD Approved!!!!

Feb 11, 2006 Rec'd EAD card

Feb 13, 2006 Applied for SSN

Feb 17, 2006 Rec'd SSN

Feb 23, 2006 I-485 Transferred to CSC (AHHH!!)

Mar 02, 2006 I-485 Has been received at CSC

Mar 13, 2006 I-485 Touched

Mar 14, 2006 I-485 Touched

Apr 15 & 25 2006 emailed CSC for status inquiry on I-485

Apr 26 2006 received a response from CSC, another response in 60 days (ahhhhh!!!)

Apr 27, 2006 I-485 Touched

Jun 17, 2006 I-485 Touched

Jun 19, 2006 I-485 Touched

Jun 20, 2006 I-485 Touched

July 3, 2006 emailed CSC again, no response given in the allotted 60 days time frame.

July 27, 2006 received a response from CSC, another response will be given in 30 days.. ha ha ha.

***app sent back to Missouri ***app sent to Chicago

Aug 21 2006 touched

Sept 29 2006 3rd year Anniversay

October 13, 2006 Immigration Interview - Need to return with Long Form Birth Certificate

October 13, 2006 Long Form Birth Cert ordered with expediated shipping

October 18, 2006 Birth Cert Received

October 19, 2006 2nd Immigration Interview - APPROVED

5-20 business days for the Green Card to arrive, maybe I'll be back to see my family before Christmas?

Timeline

P.S. sweetliewynn:

It's not necessary to have a lawyer to pay a bribe.

We're supposed to navigate the law. Bribes are illegal.

The stories I hear in Saigon usally go like this:

1. For $--- someone (not working for the consulate but who is related to

or friends with someone working inside the consulate ) can speed up the processing.

If you don't pay this someone - your case will be stuck for years.

2. The consular officers just sign off on anything the Vietnamese employees

put in front of them. It's the Vietnamese clerks who are really making the

decisions at the consulate. Someone has a friend or a family member who has a friend

who works at the consulate. The friend will take care of everything. You just need

to pay $--- to someone who doesn't work at the consulate.

3. A certain VN lawyer is allowed to attend interviews and translate for beneficiaries.

If his or her name is on your paperwork - your case will sail through. To have his name

on your paperwork costs $----.

4. I've even heard that if you put $--- inside your passport, the translator or the

officer will pocket the money and approve your visa.

5. A certain travel agency will get your tourist visa approved. It has a relationship

with the consular officer. It pays him or her $---for every visa.

Suckers pay their money and end up with nothing or worse than nothing.

I heard of one poor lady who believed number 4. Now she's inadmissible to the US

for life. Attempting to bribe or conspiring to bribe a Federal law enforcement officer

is a felony. 18 USC Ch.11 Sec. 201

http://uscode.law.cornell.edu/uscode/html/...01----000-.html

_______

Edited by ellis-island

Don't bet your whole future on what you read

on a message board or in a chat room.

This is not legal advice. No attorney-client relationship is intended.

You should not infer one.It's information of general applicablity.

Do not take any action without first consulting a qualified immigration attorney in greater detail.

John Marcus "Marc" Ellis, Attorney

American Immigration Lawyers (AILA)

membership number 10373

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.