KGSodie

Christmas Day

10 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

Do you remember being a child, during the weeks before Christmas? For me, it's one of the most visceral memories of my childhood. During the weeks before Christmas I would make plans about what I wanted to receive as gifts, and what I would do with my new found treasures. I'd pour over the catalogs and drool over the displays in the stores. During those first days everything seemed wonderful and each day held the promise of the special day that was to come. But Christmas day was too far away to seem real. Then, all of a sudden, it would be December and Christmas would seem so close. At my house, we had this Santa Claus wall decoration that showed how many days there were before Christmas. On December 1 we would put it up on the wall, and each day when we came home from school it was always so exciting to take off the current number and replace it with a new number, 1 less than before. When it got to 9 days (single digits!) left until Christmas, the magic in the air was palpable. It became more difficult to get through each day, the excitement was so high. Then it would be December 24, and the Santa Claus on my wall would say there was only 1 day left. That night there would be little if any sleep as I listened in the dark for the sound of reindeer on the roof. I couldn't wait for the morning when I could race down the stairs and see what was under the tree. All the long days of waiting would finally be over, and I would be able to hold in my hands all the things I would treasure for the next year. The long wait would be forgotten, behind me, in the past. Ahead would be only happy days full of new experiences.

My friends, the wait for the visa for Natasha reminds me of those days. It is not December yet in my wait, so there is no Santa Claus on my wall telling me how many days are left. But soon we will have NOA2, and some days or short weeks after that we will have our interview date, and our December will have come. And the present that awaits me is far better and more valuable than any Christmas present I have ever received, or could ever receive (sorry, Mom). And at the end of my wait, when the counter on the wall reads only one day remaining, I will once again be unable to sleep. And then my day will have arrived, and I will be in Moscow with my Natasha. My long wait will be forgotten, behind me, in the past, and I will at last hold my angel Natasha in my arms as my wife. And ahead will be only happy days full of new experiences, and I will treasure my Natasha forever.

------------------K1 Timeline------------------

05 Jul 2007: Mailed I129F petition

06 Jul 2007: CSC received petition

09 Jul 2007: NOA-1 Issued

10 Jul 2007: My check clears the bank

13 Jul 2007: I receive NOA-1 in the US Mail

19 Nov 2007: Touched

19 Nov 2007: USCIS website shows APPROVED

23 Nov 2007: I receive NOA-2 in the US Mail

12 Dec 2007: NVC receives petition

14 Dec 2007: NVC ships petition to Moscow embassy

19 Dec 2007: Moscow embassy receives petition

26 Feb 2008: Interview at Moscow embassy

13 Mar 2008: Received visa

18 Mar 2008: POE in Atlanta

09 May 2008: Wedding

-----------------AOS Timeline------------------

16 Jun 2008: Submittal for AOS

23 Jun 2008: NOA1 for AOS (I485, I765, I131)

24 Jun 2008: AOS checks cashed

15 Jul 2008: Biometrics appointment

04 Sep 2008: Received I-485 Interview letter

05 Sep 2008: AP/EAD Approved

08 Sep 2008: AP/EAD Received

29 Sep 2008: I-485 Interview (I-551 Stamp received)

07 Oct 2008: Green cards received

Wait until you see her walking out of customs :thumbs:

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Lol!!

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline
Lol!!

True that...when she walked out of the arrival gate at the airport(cleared customs at different airport), I felt a great weight lifted from my chest...I was thrilled, and it was the day after my birthday...

Feb. 16-Sent 129F to TSC.

Feb. 27-NOA1, received CSC.

Mar. 27-Found VJ, and became disappointed for not being able to use VSC.

Mar. 27-Applied for military expedite and got congressional help.

Mar. 28-touched.

Mar. 29-touched again.

Mar. 30-touched yet again.

Apr. 04-touched another time.

Apr. 05-touched some more.

May 15-touched once again.

May 15-NOA2. 78 days...WOW!!!

May 16-touched???(mail to NVC???).

May 18-Received Hard Copy NOA2.

May 21-NVC receives case!!!

May 23-NVC sends to Seoul!!!

Jun 04-Embassy receives case!!!

Jun 06-Receive Packet 3.

Jun 08-Receive Packet 4.

Jul 06-Interview.

Jul 06-APPROVED VISA

Aug 02-Arrived in US

Oct 29-Married

Soon, real soon for AOS, AP and EAD...just need time from the Army to do it with...

aW1hZ2UucGhwPzQ0Jk5PQTErcmVjZWl2ZWQuLi4mMDAwMDAwJjAwMDAwMCYxNSYxMiZjJjAmMjYmMiYyMDA3JjIwJjImNjU4ODk3MDAxMTc2OTc4Mzk1Lic=.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Do you remember being a child, during the weeks before Christmas? For me, it's one of the most visceral memories of my childhood. During the weeks before Christmas I would make plans about what I wanted to receive as gifts, and what I would do with my new found treasures. I'd pour over the catalogs and drool over the displays in the stores. During those first days everything seemed wonderful and each day held the promise of the special day that was to come. But Christmas day was too far away to seem real. Then, all of a sudden, it would be December and Christmas would seem so close. At my house, we had this Santa Claus wall decoration that showed how many days there were before Christmas. On December 1 we would put it up on the wall, and each day when we came home from school it was always so exciting to take off the current number and replace it with a new number, 1 less than before. When it got to 9 days (single digits!) left until Christmas, the magic in the air was palpable. It became more difficult to get through each day, the excitement was so high. Then it would be December 24, and the Santa Claus on my wall would say there was only 1 day left. That night there would be little if any sleep as I listened in the dark for the sound of reindeer on the roof. I couldn't wait for the morning when I could race down the stairs and see what was under the tree. All the long days of waiting would finally be over, and I would be able to hold in my hands all the things I would treasure for the next year. The long wait would be forgotten, behind me, in the past. Ahead would be only happy days full of new experiences.

My friends, the wait for the visa for Natasha reminds me of those days. It is not December yet in my wait, so there is no Santa Claus on my wall telling me how many days are left. But soon we will have NOA2, and some days or short weeks after that we will have our interview date, and our December will have come. And the present that awaits me is far better and more valuable than any Christmas present I have ever received, or could ever receive (sorry, Mom). And at the end of my wait, when the counter on the wall reads only one day remaining, I will once again be unable to sleep. And then my day will have arrived, and I will be in Moscow with my Natasha. My long wait will be forgotten, behind me, in the past, and I will at last hold my angel Natasha in my arms as my wife. And ahead will be only happy days full of new experiences, and I will treasure my Natasha forever.

KGSodie, you have just made me emotional. In a good way.

Thanks for this post.

Beautiful...

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline
KGSodie, you have just made me emotional. In a good way.

Thanks for this post.

Beautiful...

I'm so glad you enjoyed it. Sometimes I get all mushy inside and it is then that I like to write. This post started on my blog and I decided to share it here. Thanks again!

Kevin

------------------K1 Timeline------------------

05 Jul 2007: Mailed I129F petition

06 Jul 2007: CSC received petition

09 Jul 2007: NOA-1 Issued

10 Jul 2007: My check clears the bank

13 Jul 2007: I receive NOA-1 in the US Mail

19 Nov 2007: Touched

19 Nov 2007: USCIS website shows APPROVED

23 Nov 2007: I receive NOA-2 in the US Mail

12 Dec 2007: NVC receives petition

14 Dec 2007: NVC ships petition to Moscow embassy

19 Dec 2007: Moscow embassy receives petition

26 Feb 2008: Interview at Moscow embassy

13 Mar 2008: Received visa

18 Mar 2008: POE in Atlanta

09 May 2008: Wedding

-----------------AOS Timeline------------------

16 Jun 2008: Submittal for AOS

23 Jun 2008: NOA1 for AOS (I485, I765, I131)

24 Jun 2008: AOS checks cashed

15 Jul 2008: Biometrics appointment

04 Sep 2008: Received I-485 Interview letter

05 Sep 2008: AP/EAD Approved

08 Sep 2008: AP/EAD Received

29 Sep 2008: I-485 Interview (I-551 Stamp received)

07 Oct 2008: Green cards received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Christmas time is absolutely the greatest time in all the year. I can not even attempt to put all my cherished memories into words. The sights, the sounds, the peaceful feeling in the air... I only hope it will be a magical time for my Alla and her children in 2008.

Jeffery AND Alla.

0 kilometers physically separates us!

K-1 Visa Granted... Wednesday, 21 May 2008

Alla ARRIVED to America... Wednesday, 12 November 2008

russia_a.gif Алла и Джеффри USA_a.gif

AllaAndJeffery.PNG

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Kevin... I LOVE what you wrote...

Christmas is my favorite time of year - :whistle: and my birthday falls just 2 days short of it too, so that is probably why :blush: and I AM SO SO excited because my darling Steven is flying over from the USA to come and spend it with me.... I CANNOT CANNOT wait... he being here with me and my children will just be the ABSOLUTE BEST Birthday and Christmas present ever... (well aside from when the USA govt. allow the kids and I to have our visa and move over to him) :innocent:

have a GREAT day and thankyou so much for sharing that with us..

Tracy

26/9/2007 Steve posted I129F & check to CSC

27/9/2007 CSC received it at 9.00am - signed by D.Bohn

""at this point on my timeline it said adjucation could be around the 8th March 2008"" What the??

25/10/2007 NOA1 issued

26/10/2007 Check cashed

29/10/2007 NOA1-Hard Copy received ...

2/11/2007 Touched

4/11/2007 Touched

20/11/2007 Went to police station for fingerprinting and National police check

4/12/2007 Police called police & fingerprint check done and ready for my collection

(getting ahead of myself I know <grin> but want to get everything ready

and organised - so MUCH paperwork/costs when there is me AND kids involved)

13/1/2008 - The estimated date on my timeline for adjudication NOW SAYS 21st March... OUCHIE..

29/1/2008 - WOW the estimated date on my timeline NOW says 7th April.... COME ON FOLKS.. PLEASE UPDATE YOUR TIMELINES IF YOU HAVEN'T DONE SO... your updates help give number crunchers like myself something to gauge. 4th feb - all these approvals MUST be doing something, my timeline NOW says 2nd April...

5/2/08 - YAY YAY YAY.... NOA-2 approval via email from CRIS... WHOO HOOOOOOOOOOO.... the "estimated timeline said 31 March this morning just as an FYI for you all)

9/2/2008 Flying to Ohio to spend a bit of time with my darling man to arrange our wedding and also just to spend some time together :-)

31/5/2008 Our Wedding day (we think) <grin>

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

wow what a beautiful thought about christmas.:) I liked being a child too and always waiting for christmas to come. And now i'm still waiting cuz it's gonna be my first christmas with the one im giving up everything for, my one true love. I'd still feel like a child cuz i'll be playing, laughing, sharing, and loving with my husband forever.

mami and dada's little baba...

dev238pp___.png

KGSodie you write beautifully. I really identify with what you wrote! (I am the foreign fiancée) My SO has changed the ringtone on his house phone so it plays We Wish You A Merry Christmas every time I call ... because he says that spending time with me (even on the phone) is like Christmas... :wub:

--------------------

(Full timeline in profile)

25th May 07 - Sent I-129F to TSC

17th December 07 - Interview- APPROVED! :)

17th May 08 - Got married!!!!! :)

18th June 08 - Mailed AOS/EAD/AP to Chicago lockbox

3rd October 08 - Green card in hand!!

26th August 10 - Sent I-751 to VSC

31st August 10 - NOA1 from VSC

10th January 11 - I-751 approved!

14th January 11 - 10-year green card in hand!!

22nd April 23 - N400 submitted online; NOA available in USCIS account immediately
6th November 23 - Interview; approval same day
28th November 23 - Oath ceremony scheduled

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.