disappointed

TGIF

82 posts in this topic

nice theme today. i came home to hear my mom reporting that when she picked oliver up at school for me today, he'd thrown up on the playground. yikes. :(

It truly is going around my 6 month old just puked ALL over my dry clean only suit. projectile. hubby says i shouldnt wake him for another bottle in an hour or so. so we agreed if he wakes up hungry then he has to deal with it. but what is it with this pukey friday! they should reserve it for mondays!

aww, i hope baby gets better soon. i feel so bad for ollie, i know he had big plans for us on his 3-day weekend. hopefully he'll be able to keep some of them :)

I-love-Muslims-SH.gif

c00c42aa-2fb9-4dfa-a6ca-61fb8426b4f4_zps

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline
Hi everyone! Well today is day ten since my husband arrived, so far everything is SO good that I just can't believe it. My kids are crazy about him and he seems to feel the same about them. We like to cook together, and I have learned to make magloob<sp? I am learning so much more about him than I knew before, he is kind and caring, likes to make jokes and goof around, he keeps me laughing so much. My family all have approved of him so far and seem to really like him. The other day we drove into Chicago looking for the arab community there, unfortunately we didn't find it, but we did get a good tour of the city.

So glad to hear you are adjusting to each other well. Cooking together is my favorite activity as it gives us time to talk. :thumbs: We don't do it as often as we used to as he goes to English class 4 nights a week. :crying:

Made some awesome homemade chicken wings today. Got the recipe off of The View. :dance:

Maggie

08-07-06 I129 NOA1

02-05-07 Visa in Hand

02-13-07 POE JFK w/temp EAD

02-23-07 Civil Marriage

06-17-07 Wedding

08-13-07 Card received in mail

04-14-09 Trip to Maui for Anniversary

06-04-09 Filed to lift conditions

08-13-09 Perm Card received

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
Hows atkins going for ya?

the eatin' part rocks! :thumbs: Had smashed cauliflower with boirsin, rare NY sirlion and caesar salad for dinner. YUM.

The weight part I won't know till Monday. I'm just trying to jump start. Normally this works for the first couple of weeks until I plateau. I needed to do something fast or buy a new wardrobe. :blush:

I did atkins for a long time. Its very easy to plateau unfortunatly because everyones body reacts differently to the allowed foods. For example, diet soda is allowed but it makes me plateau. You might have to play around and figure out what foods make you lose and which ones dont. You can also stay on induction for more than 2 weeks or restart it when you hit a plateau or if you cheat.

My Grandfather did atkins ... and he died. I thought it was foolery up until I experienced that firsthand - now I think its somewhere between insanity and suicide. ( Why do I say that? Well, he went downhill as he re-started it, and died of congestive heart failure. Cholesterol laced food + health problems ... hmm, 2+2 = what? )

I'd go see a doctor and get their opinion - or - hire a dietitian. Better to be healthy, than dead, right?

My "dieting" plan: Huh? Diet? Doesn't work. Drink (reasonably) large quantity of a "healthy" drink (such as, juice, iced tea, etc) - then - eat whatever I want (which usually isn't that much after drinking so much... :D ) - run, lift weights. Works great for me. After starting moving, know - I got hooked on it. Basically, because I don't get sick all the time when I'm not sitting in a chair all day - hurt my leg, sat for 2 months ... and man, it stunk ... soon as I could get back to my old routine I doubled my workout time - because I felt the difference. :)

In other news, hey! I got a sweet free coat from Staples! Woohoo! :D

Sorry to hear about your grandfather!!! I don't do the lets eat a pound of bacon a day Atkins though. Today I had a hard boiled egg for breakfast and a cup of coffee with 2% milk and a splenda, 4oz of deli turkey and a cup of celery for lunch, and then smashed cauliflower with boursin cheese, a caesar salad and a steak. Granted the steak is high fat but I don't have that everyday, I just liked the looks of them at the store and they were on sale. Some nights I'll just have egg drop soup for supper. I'm not hungry at all so that helps. I agree though that if you eat a ton of high fatty foods you're going to have problems obviously.

I guess in a way I'm doing more of a South Beach thing, just with no starchy foods like beans, couscous, etc and no fruit. I'll add those in a couple of weeks. I call it atkins because I'm not doing fruit or beans yet.

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Timeline

Oh and I hope everyone stops puking!!! I was wicked nauseous the beginning of the week and found out I have gerd. prilosec is working though but I'm still a little nauseous. Stomach bugs with kids are the worst though. You just feel so helpless watching them get sick AND you just KNOW you're gonna get it once they're better!

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Oh and I hope everyone stops puking!!! I was wicked nauseous the beginning of the week and found out I have gerd. prilosec is working though but I'm still a little nauseous. Stomach bugs with kids are the worst though. You just feel so helpless watching them get sick AND you just KNOW you're gonna get it once they're better!

well i just barfed. check out this thread.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...p;#entry1319119

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

well i just barfed. check out this thread.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...p;#entry1319119

eew.

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.