7 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Ok - so we've got some time before the inteview (11/29) but things are getting kinda crazy at school and I wanna get everything I need for the interview.

Now, we have a joint bank account, but we dont receive statements in the mail, we receive them online, so I'm guessing that a print out of that will be ok. We are actually moving 2moro, so most documents will be for the old address, however we do have a copy of the lease at the new place which was signed jointly. I'm a authorized user on 2 credit cards of my husband, so the only way we could show that is to make copies of both our cards, however, we have different card numbers with one company so how would you guys suggest going about that? As my husband is in the military I have a military ID card which shows my husband as my sponser, could this be proof? I'm also insured for my car (well, both our cars), dental and medical through him. Finally I am a benificary on his life insurance.

Do you guys think that this will be enough? I keep reading about utility bills, but alot of companies will not add me to ours as I dont work yet (I'm just a student...)

(We'll also bring all original docs that was sent in and my husbands passport)

OUR K-1 VISA JOURNEY

K1 Application

12-01-2006 I-129F sent priority USPS to CSC ... the real journey begins! (Day 1)

12-06-2006 NOA1 (Day 4)

03-05-2007 NOA2 - YAY!! (Day 89))

05-04-2007 INTERVIEW!!!!!! - APPROVED! (Day 149)

05-10-2007 Visa received (Day 155)

05-17-2007 ARRIVED IN PHOENIX (Day 162)

05-25-2007 Applied SSN

06-04-2007 Received SSN in the mail

06-14-2007 Passed driving test and now have my license

07-12-2007 MARRIED

07-24-2007 Changed name with SSA

AOS

05-31-2007 Appointment with Civil Surgeon for I-693A

07-16-2007 AOS sent to Chicago (received 07-18) (Day 1)

07-27-2007 NOA1 date (received 8/1) (Day 9)

07-30-2007 Check cashed (Day 12)

08-14-2007 Biometrics (Day 28)

11-29-2007 INTERVIEW DATE!!!!!! (Day 131) APPROVED

12-11-2007 Greencard Received

ROC

09-01-2009 I-751 sent to VSC (received 09-03) (Day 1)

09-04-2009 NOA Date (received 09-14) (Day 4)

09-08-2009 Check Cashed (Day 8)

10-05-2009 Biometrics @ Jackson MS (received 09-24) (Day 35)

01-08-2010 10 Year Greencard approved

01-19-2010 10 Year Greencard received

glitterfy011155737dkj7.gif glitterfy011545702wxh7.gif

Filed: Other Timeline

I always remember our adjudicating officer asking us for anything that proved 'co-mingling of assets'.

He took joint bank statements from us. He really liked the deed to our house in both names. He took a couple of utility bills from us but wasn't really interested in them - he said he knew it was hard to get two names on most utilities.

I think one reason you read the recommendation on VJ of utility bills is because many couples are young and don't have a lot of assets to show. They often don't own real estate or have much in savings. As far as leases go, the foreign born spouse usually moves into a place already rented by the USC.

In other words, utility bills aren't the be-all-and-end-all. They're just another form of proof. Our AO was pretty by-the-book. I bet he heard the term 'co-mingling of assets' in a training class, or maybe even in the FAM.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

im in the same boat...

we have joint bank account im on her 2 credit cards shes on mine.. but they dont come in both names.. we are at her parents house till we get the GC then we are moving to another state.. So I hope having a baby will be enough evidence itself. Gonna get on her car insurance but im not sure what else we can do.. we hav family plan cell phones so maybe we can use that..

AOS Timeline

12/05/2007 - Mailed AOS package

07/03/2008 - Received Welcome Letter and Green Card in Mail.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Same deal with me. I somehow managed to get a credit card with my name on it because we are married but I don't have an SSN so that one was perplexing. We have car insurance, that credit card, and I have a cell phone on her plan. That's about it.

90% of companies won't touch me because I don't have a social, so it makes it VERY hard. We have also been having money troubles so we don't exactly have insurance, so no life policies to put names on and such.

Current Status
July, 2011 - US Citizen

We have the same amount of info. We bought a car for my husband, and the title is in both names, so that will be the "comingling of assets" for us.

We can't put the utilities in both names, because our electric company wont do that, they can only add my husband on as an authorized user, but his name will be on the bills anyway. And to top it off, he has no credit history, so if i want to add him on, they want to get a deposit from him... stupid since I'm already their customer for years. Apparently if he's an authorized user on the account, he may be a threat to run up a huge electricity bill :lol:

We have 2 cell phone lines under my name/bill, and his line was added when he arrived, so hope that helps also. But same story they cant add his name to the bill.

My husband has a social # and still most companies wont add him on, either cause they say only one name on bill, or no credit history :(

I almost want them to give me this in writing to take to the interview!

12140.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

Yes, you can print out the bank statements, that's what we did. The lease is a good thing. Weren't you in the old lease? I'm not sure if copies of credit cards will cut the mustard, why don't you just take or print out the card statements? The different card numbers don't matter, at least it didn't for us, but I really don't see why it would matter.

The military card showing your husband as the sponsor, to me, seems not too important. USCIS ALREADY knows he's your sponsor, why would you need to tell them again? The insurance records will be good.

Filed: Other Country: Tonga
Timeline

We went to our AOS interview and we had every document you can think of showing a joint married life. Upon arrival, a ten-minute wait and in we went. They asked for nothing (documents) and we spoke about our life together sine she arrived on June 1.

Oh, we had to get a local police letter stating that she had no pending charges or have been arrested since her arrival. The FBI rejected her fingerprints because the prints done at the Bio appointment were not good enough. Therefore, now we wait for the green card to come in the mail … I guess.

Good luck to you!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.