virgillionaire

Send chocolate kisses to USCIS to get there attention

85 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

hmm, it's all relative; it's a damn sight better than that of most US cities ;)

and I love London transport, most of the time... bus fares just DROPPED (for us Oyster users), and all 2007 prices have been frozen into 2008 :)

mind you, when you're standing at a wet and windy bus stop at 9.46pm and there hasn't been a bus for 46 minutes despite them supposedly coming 'every 6 - 8 minutes' it's hard to focus on how much good you're doing the environment and not plan to make a wax effigy of Ken Livingstone and stick pins in it ;)

061017001as.thumb.jpg

The Very Secret Diary of Legolas Son of Weenus - by Cassandra Claire

Day One: Went to Council of Elrond. Was prettiest person there. Agreed to follow some tiny little man to Mordor to throw ring into volcano. Very important mission - gold ring so tacky.

Day Six: Far too dark in Mines of Moria to brush hair properly. Am very afraid I am developing a tangle.

Orcs so silly.

Still the prettiest.

Day 35: Boromir dead. Very messy death, most unnecessary. Did get kissed by Aragorn as he expired. Does a guy have to get shot full of arrows around here to get any action? Boromir definitely not prettier than me. Cannot understand it. Am feeling a pout coming on.

Frodo off to Mordor with Sam. Tiny little men caring about each other, rather cute really.

Am quite sure Gimli fancies me. So unfair. He is waist height, so can see advantages there, but chunky braids and big helmet most off-putting. Foresee dark times ahead, very dark times.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
hmm, it's all relative; it's a damn sight better than that of most US cities ;)

Agreed. I used to live in Scotland, and had to drive down to London every couple months. I'd just park the car outside the northern most tube stop (forget the stop now, it's been some years) and use public transportation everywhere I went. Things got a bit tricky around Greenwich if memory serves, but overall it was great. It's not something I'd ever want to try in a US city, although San Francisco or NY might come close.

Timeline

it was probably somewhere like Cockfosters (cue laughter from all Americans, like I hear almost weekly on the tube :P )

and Greenwich is pretty well served by the Docklands Light Rail now... and some areas have trams... it's pretty good :D

plus it's not all London! I had to go up to Sheffield for the day last weekend, for work, and I arrived at the station, walked about twenty steps to the nearest tram stop, took a tram across the city, and took another hundred steps or so to my ultimate destination... all for the princely sum of £1.10 :)

Debz is right about the countryside being pretty sh!te though :?

061017001as.thumb.jpg

Day One: Went to Council of Elrond. Was prettiest person there. Agreed to follow some tiny little man to Mordor to throw ring into volcano. Very important mission - gold ring so tacky.

Day Six: Far too dark in Mines of Moria to brush hair properly. Am very afraid I am developing a tangle.

Orcs so silly.

Still the prettiest.

Day 35: Boromir dead. Very messy death, most unnecessary. Did get kissed by Aragorn as he expired. Does a guy have to get shot full of arrows around here to get any action? Boromir definitely not prettier than me. Cannot understand it. Am feeling a pout coming on.

Frodo off to Mordor with Sam. Tiny little men caring about each other, rather cute really.

Am quite sure Gimli fancies me. So unfair. He is waist height, so can see advantages there, but chunky braids and big helmet most off-putting. Foresee dark times ahead, very dark times.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Scotland
Timeline

where I live we have 1 bus every 30mins IF it can be bothered to turn up and it often doesn't. No trains. It costs £5.50 for a return ticket to Glasgow (30mins down motorway). That bus serves 3 villages and is usually standing room only by the time it reaches us. I admit this is still better than Grand Island NE where I'm heading to but they not being taxed to the eyeballs for the "privilage" of owning a car. I drive at 6.30am mon-fri for 5-10min to the train station in a town between here and glasgow and pay £75 a month for a ticket. More hassel but still cheaper and more comfortable than bus.

as a wee extra when I was a student a bunch of us went out at halloween dressed as london tube stations....I was a yellow alien (canary wharf)

Edited by weedebz

MY TIMELINES

K1

06/21/2007 - petition mailed....finally

07/09/2007 - NOA1 (hard copy 07/11/2007)

11/13/2007 - NOA2...127days after filing (hard copy 11/17/07)

12/22/2007 - packet 3 rec. (12/28/2007 returned)

01/11/2008 - medical (allergic to tetanus shot, requirement waived)

02/05/2008 - interview @ 10am - APPROVED!!!!!!

03/12/2008 - Flying Glasgow - Dublin - Chicago - Omaha

05/31/2008 - WEDDING

AOS

07/31/2008 - AOS and EAD finally mailed

08/02/2008 - Delivered

08/08/2008 - Check cleared

08/11/2008 - NOA1's for AOS and EAD recieved (reciept date 08/07/2008)

08/16/2008 - Biometrics letter recieved

09/09/2008 - Biometrics at 1pm, Omaha

09/26/2008 - AOS transferred to CSC

09/29/2008 - AOS touched (took out envelope at CSC and put in new pile)

10/03/2008 - AOS touched (probably that RFE coming soon!!!!)

10/06/2008 - AOS touched AGAIN!!! (surely it's an RFE)

10/15/2008 - EAD CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED!!!!YEY!!!

10/27/2008 - EAD IN HAND

01/12/2009 - AOS touched

01/26/2009 - Email from CRIS. GREENCARD PRODUCTION ORDERED..YIPPPPEEE

ROC

10/25/2010 - ROC mailed

11/15/2010 - NOA1 and check cashed

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
It works for pretty well there i guess, but it kind of invalidates the price comparison as it's self inflicted

how is it invalidated? it's still the price the average citizen is paying at the pump...

I guess I'm more interested in the market price to compare apples to apples who has it worse. We hear that Europe pays so much more and think maybe it's logistics or our market weight here, etc. In some parts of the world I think that we do pay less on a market comparison, maybe we get a voloume discount heheh.

Petition sent priority mail 6/4/07

Received by VSC 6/6/07

Touched 6/13/07

um ... hello?

Touched 12/20/07, after change of address

approx. 1/3/08 - starting to wish VSC staff acquire untreatable stinkfoot

1/17/08 Ombudsman filed formal inquiry.

Touched 2/3 ... wow that was fast, only 8 months to get around to us

Approved 2/20 NOA2

Case arrived Manila USE 3/4

Interview scheduled April 22!

Medical 4/14

Approved!! Interview on 4/22 - just one question!

Visa in hand May 10, whew!

Tickets for poe may 24

Married july 2008

2 year resident w/o interview 2/09 (no more hiding in the basement jokes)

kid 1,Bradley, 10/2009

10 year resident 2/2011 w/o interview

kid 2, Jeffrey, 8/2012

Timeline
Can't agree here. These situations are not different. Service is service. If you pay more you get more. It's how our world works. People who have it have always paid to get more...

I have to say, I find your logic baffling... service is service? so everything just gets lumped together? can I say: education is education, and object to some kids getting special one-on-one attention for learning needs, or others, a ramp put in for a wheelchair? can I say: medicine is medicine, and you with your heart attack can wait while I get my hangnail looked at, because I got here first (or can pay more)? you HAVE to look at situations separately

so whatever you say, flying first class does NOT equal paying express Amazon delivery, and does NOT equal expedited visa processing; they're completely different

as for 'how the world works' (bolding mine, above) - personally, I think the way the world works is largely #######, and I will NEVER simply accept the status quo because 'that's how it is'

money may buy more, but should it? in this situation, no, it should not; it's not just about whether you can afford more ice cream than me... as mox said: this is about people's lives, and not material rubbish

You are quite correct here, but other people who can afford it, can get a better education than someone else. The University of Oklahoma or Kansas or Wisconsin does not cost as much as Duke, MIT or Stanford. You can have the grades to get into the latter, but they still cost more, and the quality of education is probably higher. Same goes for medicene. If you can afford to see the best heart surgeon in the country, then you see him. If not, you get treated by the most competent doctor you are comfortable with.

Also, even if all people paid for expedited processing, it is similar to paying for the same service anyway, because you would be guranteed to get 60-90 day service.

I hate to be the materialistic weasel of the bunch here, but contrary to popular belief, money is what drives the world. Those with money can get preferential treatment in almost all aspects of life. Those without, like myself, do the best with what we got. And if it is something that is important to my life, I will find a way to swing it. But we shouldnt hate on the people that can afford to do it. Is it fair? Probably not, but that is the way the world works in every country on the globe.

But I do agree, USCIS should be much better than they are today, and the neccessity of using expeditied service should be much less than it is now.

yes money buys better medical care and maybe a better education (more prestige anyway) but that doesn't make it a good thing or something to be made policy. Much of the progress society has made has been aimed at remedying that, i.e., creating public education, guaranteeing treatment in emergency rooms, public defenders.

No it's not a prefect remedy but it doesn't mean that is the way we want it.

Money is the root of all evil :devil:

Dewd, Money makes the world go round like my 20 inch rims :devil:

Beware the DARK SIDE Luke :devil:

Received by VSC 6/6/07

Touched 6/13/07

um ... hello?

Approved 2/20 NOA2

Medical 4/14

Tickets for poe may 24

Married july 2008

kid 1,Bradley, 10/2009

kid 2, Jeffrey, 8/2012

Timeline
It works for pretty well there i guess, but it kind of invalidates the price comparison as it's self inflicted

how is it invalidated? it's still the price the average citizen is paying at the pump...

I guess I'm more interested in the market price to compare apples to apples who has it worse. We hear that Europe pays so much more and think maybe it's logistics or our market weight here, etc. In some parts of the world I think that we do pay less on a market comparison, maybe we get a voloume discount heheh.

well, if you look at it THAT way, most countries I know of (which is, admittedly, a limited number ;) ) pay significant tax on fuel... this is for all sorts of reasons; a deterrent to people using it like it was renewable; a way to fund other projects... the US doesn't do this

a different sort of apples ;)

061017001as.thumb.jpg

Orcs so silly.

Still the prettiest.

well, if you look at it THAT way, most countries I know of (which is, admittedly, a limited number ;) ) pay significant tax on fuel... this is for all sorts of reasons; a deterrent to people using it like it was renewable; a way to fund other projects... the US doesn't do this

a different sort of apples ;)

Taxes levied on fuel in the US vary from state to state, but they are significant. Back in the good old days, when gasoline was $1.20 a gallon taxes on fuel were about $0.32/gal in Oklahoma (one of the lower taxes on fuel). I think they are around $0.36/gal now, which represented 25% taxing back in the day and about 12% now. Places like Californina pay, I think, about $0.48/gal. Granted, it is not as high as Europe but it still hurts a little.

--- AOS Timeline ---

07/22/08 --- Mailed AOS packet to Chicago

07/25/08 --- NOA for I-131, I-485, and I-765

08/27/08 --- Biometrics

10/01/08 --- AP received

10/14/08 --- EAD received

11/13/08 --- Notice of transfer to CSC

02/09/09 --- Permanent Resident Card Ordered Notice

02/09/09 --- 2 Yr Permanent Resident Card Received

--- Lifting Conditions ---

11/10/10 --- Mailed I-751 packet to VSC

11/12/10 --- NOA1

12/22/10 --- Biometrics

03/15/11 --- RFE

05/10/11 --- Approved

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
Tired of waiting for VSC to get around to your petition? Many of us plan to send a package of hershey kisses (love theme) from www.hersheygifts.com with a message that we are tired of waiting to be with our loved ones!

We are sending these the end of this week to

P Novak, adjudicators and staff

USCIS Vermont Service Center

75 Lower Welden Street

St Albans, Vermont 05479-0001

We are issuing a press release on monday to coincide with the packages arrival.

If you want to make some noise, pitch in and send a gift pack or two. :thumbs:

I didn't send kisses :( but I DID SEND MY EMAILS TO MY STATE SENATORS AND CONGRESSMAN!!!! :thumbs:

THANKS FOR DOING THAT AND FOR URGING ME (US) TO SEND EMAILS TO OUR REPRESENTATIVES!!!!

HOPE IT MAKES SOME MOVES NOW!!!! :yes:

March 1 2007: Began taking an interest in each other online

June 25-July 10 2007: Met Lucky in Person for 1st Time and Stayed Together in Ghana with my father and son!

I-129F Sent : 7/25/07

I-129F NOA1 : 8/1/07

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 12/7/07!!!! Yay!!!! :D

NVC Received : 12/14/07

NVC Left : 12/17/07

Consulate Received : 12/17/07

Packet 3 Received : 2/21/08

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received : 2/21/08

Interview Date : 6/16/08

Visa Received :6/27/08

US Entry : 6/29/08

Marriage :6/29/08 by my pastor father before God

Public expensive marriage: 7/26/08 :)

Pregnant: 7/30/08

Found out It's a GIRL: 11/17/08

Baby Shakaya's Due Date: 4/22/09

e9969b19285f01d1a725be2d554c7787.gif

Timeline
Tired of waiting for VSC to get around to your petition? Many of us plan to send a package of hershey kisses (love theme) from www.hersheygifts.com with a message that we are tired of waiting to be with our loved ones!

We are sending these the end of this week to

P Novak, adjudicators and staff

USCIS Vermont Service Center

75 Lower Welden Street

St Albans, Vermont 05479-0001

We are issuing a press release on monday to coincide with the packages arrival.

If you want to make some noise, pitch in and send a gift pack or two. :thumbs:

I didn't send kisses :( but I DID SEND MY EMAILS TO MY STATE SENATORS AND CONGRESSMAN!!!! :thumbs:

THANKS FOR DOING THAT AND FOR URGING ME (US) TO SEND EMAILS TO OUR REPRESENTATIVES!!!!

HOPE IT MAKES SOME MOVES NOW!!!! :yes:

Thanks for participating :thumbs: Good luck on your journey!

Received by VSC 6/6/07

Touched 6/13/07

um ... hello?

Approved 2/20 NOA2

Medical 4/14

Tickets for poe may 24

Married july 2008

kid 1,Bradley, 10/2009

kid 2, Jeffrey, 8/2012

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.