TracyOz

Updating your Timelines

27 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Well LOL. BS or no BS. I think that the timelines when updated give a fairly "fair" estimate for most folks, true VJ is NOT ALL those that are applying for visas etc. but those on here are a fairly indicative cross-section of those who are applying.

But with that being said and done - you must be having a bad day - sorry if you are, we all do know what you are going through, but no point belittling what some of us like to look at - if you don't want to adjust or update your timeline then that is fine - no point making a big song and dance about it.... or trying to make those of us, feel silly/bad who do like to number crunch, or offer help to others (who don't know how or about the timeline tool) use it..

Have a GREAT day

Tracy

26/9/2007 Steve posted I129F & check to CSC

27/9/2007 CSC received it at 9.00am - signed by D.Bohn

""at this point on my timeline it said adjucation could be around the 8th March 2008"" What the??

25/10/2007 NOA1 issued

26/10/2007 Check cashed

29/10/2007 NOA1-Hard Copy received ...

2/11/2007 Touched

4/11/2007 Touched

20/11/2007 Went to police station for fingerprinting and National police check

4/12/2007 Police called police & fingerprint check done and ready for my collection

(getting ahead of myself I know <grin> but want to get everything ready

and organised - so MUCH paperwork/costs when there is me AND kids involved)

13/1/2008 - The estimated date on my timeline for adjudication NOW SAYS 21st March... OUCHIE..

29/1/2008 - WOW the estimated date on my timeline NOW says 7th April.... COME ON FOLKS.. PLEASE UPDATE YOUR TIMELINES IF YOU HAVEN'T DONE SO... your updates help give number crunchers like myself something to gauge. 4th feb - all these approvals MUST be doing something, my timeline NOW says 2nd April...

5/2/08 - YAY YAY YAY.... NOA-2 approval via email from CRIS... WHOO HOOOOOOOOOOO.... the "estimated timeline said 31 March this morning just as an FYI for you all)

9/2/2008 Flying to Ohio to spend a bit of time with my darling man to arrange our wedding and also just to spend some time together :-)

31/5/2008 Our Wedding day (we think) <grin>

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I've always looked forward to viewing other timelines from those that are either going through the same process. I rely mostly on personal signatures that usually have the most current info.

K-1 & I-601 Waiver Timeline 4/7/06 to 9/12/07

4/7/06: I-129 K-1 Application mailed

4/20/06: NOA Receipt

6/23/06: Req for Evidence

8/31/06: NOA

9/28/06: NOA- NVC rcvd I-129

10/12 & 11/9: Rcvd CDJ Ltr- processing Visa

12/6/06: CDJ Interview - Denied - I-601 Waiver Required

12/18/06: I-601 filed

8/6/07: Waiver Approval

8/22/07: Waiver Approval letter received

9/4/07: Open Appointment Letter Rcvd (postmarked 8/31/07 from Texas)

9/9/07: Arrive in CDJ for Open Appt

9/10/07: Open Appointment

9/12/07: RECEIVED K-1 VISA!

AOS - 10/8/07 to 11/21/07

9/14/07: Entered the United States

9/21/07: Happliy Married!

10/6/07: AOS Packet Mailed to Chicago Lockbox!

10/8/07: Return Receipt stamped received by USCIS

10/19/07: NOA Receipt for AOS & EAD received

10/24/07: Case Online at USCIS.gov

10/25/07: Touched

11/3/07: Biometrics Appointment

11/5/07: Touched

11/14/07: Appointment Letter received

11/16/07: EAD Production ordered.

11/21/07: AOS Interview - Approved - Hubby is Legal Permanent Resident (Conditional)

11/23/07: Registered Customer's new permanent resident status (Online Case Status)

11/25/07: Touched - Production of EAD ordered (Online Case Status)

11/26/07: On November 26, 2007, we ordered production of your new card (Green Card).

11/28/07: Received EAD Card!

11/30/07: Received Welcome to the U.S. Letter

12/1/07: Received GREEN CARD!

I use other VJ Members' timeline to help track and analyze the dates for the ones who are filing from the same Consulate as I am. I find that it helps me get an idea of when to expect a certain packet and such. I know it's not 100% accurate, but it helps give me a ball park of where I am in the process.

05/07/2007 : I-129F Sent

05/29/2007 : NOA1

09/28/2007 : NOA2 (144 days from filing date)

11/02/2007 : NVC Received Case (35 days from NOA2)

11/06/2007 : NVC Sent Case to HCM Consulate

11/16/2007 : HCMC Received Case

11/17/2007 : HCMC Sent Packet 3

11/20/2007 : HCMC Received Packet 3

12/10/2007 : HCMC Called Fiancee (Packet 4 Sent + Interview Date)

12/18/2007 : Packet 4 Received

01/02/2008 : Medical Appointment

01/09/2008 : Interview passed!

01/29/2008 : Visa Received

02/02/2008 : POE @ SFO

Favorite Links:

K1 Process Flowchart

Vietnam Visa Seekers

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline

Of course it's not 100% accurate and it's not related to USCIS, however I find it helpful. If for nothing more than to give me a bit of hope. The uscis.gov site hasn't shown any movement in months...it's still indicating that the CSC is processing petitions dated April. It has been saying that since July. Clearly this isn't the case since we know that people here have been approved who filed in early July. So, this gives me hope.

Done with USCIS until 12/28/2020!

penguinpasscanada.jpg

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?" ~Gandhi

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline
Just out of curiosity...if it is all BS to you, why is your timeline updated? You think VJ is a branch of the USCIS? :unsure: Ummm... :blink:

just update it as it requeste me

I've always looked forward to viewing other timelines from those that are either going through the same process. I rely mostly on personal signatures that usually have the most current info.

good for you, hope is the best thing ... i am on it, but not on timeline

Of course it's not 100% accurate and it's not related to USCIS, however I find it helpful. If for nothing more than to give me a bit of hope. The uscis.gov site hasn't shown any movement in months...it's still indicating that the CSC is processing petitions dated April. It has been saying that since July. Clearly this isn't the case since we know that people here have been approved who filed in early July. So, this gives me hope.

no even 20% accurate! hope is good we all are living on hope...

One thing I will never do is give up hope. Not just that I get well someday, although I do hope and pray for that. What I refuse to give up hope about, is that I am here for a purpose. I will never give up hope that I will one day see the blessing, and see the purpose, in what I now can only see as suffering. I believe in my heart that we are all here for a very important reason, it’s just that many of us aren’t quite sure what that reason is, and that’s o.k. We just can’t give up hope that one day we will see the light, and it will all make complete sense to us….on my dark and sad days, that is what I try to remember.

with all my respect, vj timeline is the seam uscis timeline = BS

06/12/07----sending The package to NSC

06/15/07---- Received at NSC

06/25/07---- TOUCHED

07/02/07---- TOUCHED and it conformed they received my Mail on 06/25/07 at CSC!

07/20/07---- TOUCHED and a lady said it still Pending..

08/06/07---- TOUCHED

08/29/07 OMG I am just keep TOUCHING... :lol:

09/26/07 TOUCHED CSC ... Nothing yet :(

09/28/07 sending a fax to congressman at 00:06 A.M.

10/31/07 JUST Called CSC TODAY, my Case Is under Officer reviewing... RIGHT ONNNNNN

11/05/07 RFE!!!! AFTER ABOUT 4 MONTH RFE? WHAT FOR? WHY SO LATE? #######

11/26/07 Approved WooHooo

11/30/07 NO2 hardcopy has been received yo yo

12/10/07 Transferred to NVC as of today 12/17/07. NVC telephone line is a hack of busy!

12/14/07 NV received the case

12/18/07 called and conformed the nvc case number and case have been send to ankara u.s. embassy

01/17/08 Received Appointment Letter Damn slow while they send it thro USPS

02/10/09 Approval Letter. ouiiiiii

02/20/09 Recived The Permanent Resident card

zadcvfp4_845f2cf68d.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

ok, I think we understand your opinion now; it probably doesn't need to be repeated over and over...

the timelines are helpful to me, as is the abundance of other information on here; even if it's just anecdotal, it gives us an idea about what's happening

I was thinking about this just yesterday; without VJ, what would I have heard by now? absolutely NOTHING after the NOA1, which we got at the end of July... which is fine; I don't expect a cheery little newsletter from USCIS every week, but I'm SO THANKFUL to have an idea of what's going on in there! to know that June filers are being processed now, and last week was a slower week than the one before, and that someone got an RFE for a birth certificate, etc etc... it's all knowledge, even if not directly applicable to me, and it makes me less stressed about it, because I feel I know a little of what's going on

as far as I'm concerned, the timeline could be out by six weeks or more and I'd still find it useful; it's all about being informed, and knowing SOMETHING, and if this is the best we can do, then it's worth doing :)

and now you probably understand my opinion, so I won't be repeating it over and over :D;)

061017001as.thumb.jpg

The Very Secret Diary of Legolas Son of Weenus - by Cassandra Claire

Day One: Went to Council of Elrond. Was prettiest person there. Agreed to follow some tiny little man to Mordor to throw ring into volcano. Very important mission - gold ring so tacky.

Day Six: Far too dark in Mines of Moria to brush hair properly. Am very afraid I am developing a tangle.

Orcs so silly.

Still the prettiest.

Day 35: Boromir dead. Very messy death, most unnecessary. Did get kissed by Aragorn as he expired. Does a guy have to get shot full of arrows around here to get any action? Boromir definitely not prettier than me. Cannot understand it. Am feeling a pout coming on.

Frodo off to Mordor with Sam. Tiny little men caring about each other, rather cute really.

Am quite sure Gimli fancies me. So unfair. He is waist height, so can see advantages there, but chunky braids and big helmet most off-putting. Foresee dark times ahead, very dark times.

I find the timelines useful too. They can't be accurate for everyone but at least it gives a more realistic estimate than USCIS.

17th March 2010 - Started the removal of conditions process

22nd March 2010 - Application received by CSC

30th April 2010 - Biometrics appointment

I appreciate the timelines very much. If someone asks a question and their timeline isn't updated then I strongly encourage them to do it. I didn't do mine initially because I didn't find it very intuitive, but I'm glad I took the trouble. In our case it was MUCH more of an accurate way of estimating our NOA2 than USCIS. It was useful through NVC too. I am now using the embassy-specific information to estimate how long it'll be till I am scheduled for interview. I'm in the number-crunching/analysis camp of people... I like to figure things out, and the info on the timelines really helps me in this process where most of the time we feel so out of control. Seeing similar timelines as ours has also enabled me to get to know a couple of VJers who are just a little ahead of us in the process. We support each other, and it's so nice to know that we have company on this journey with other people who understand.

--------------------

(Full timeline in profile)

25th May 07 - Sent I-129F to TSC

17th December 07 - Interview- APPROVED! :)

17th May 08 - Got married!!!!! :)

18th June 08 - Mailed AOS/EAD/AP to Chicago lockbox

3rd October 08 - Green card in hand!!

26th August 10 - Sent I-751 to VSC

31st August 10 - NOA1 from VSC

10th January 11 - I-751 approved!

14th January 11 - 10-year green card in hand!!

22nd April 23 - N400 submitted online; NOA available in USCIS account immediately
6th November 23 - Interview; approval same day
28th November 23 - Oath ceremony scheduled

Just out of curiosity...if it is all BS to you, why is your timeline updated? You think VJ is a branch of the USCIS? :unsure: Ummm... :blink:

just update it as it requeste me

good for you, hope is the best thing ... i am on it, but not on timeline

no even 20% accurate! hope is good we all are living on hope...

One thing I will never do is give up hope. Not just that I get well someday, although I do hope and pray for that. What I refuse to give up hope about, is that I am here for a purpose. I will never give up hope that I will one day see the blessing, and see the purpose, in what I now can only see as suffering. I believe in my heart that we are all here for a very important reason, it’s just that many of us aren’t quite sure what that reason is, and that’s o.k. We just can’t give up hope that one day we will see the light, and it will all make complete sense to us….on my dark and sad days, that is what I try to remember.

with all my respect, vj timeline is the seam uscis timeline = BS

The timelines are very helpful and it gives info about what other on HERE are going through. NOBODY forced you to update your timeline so chill out and let others be as they let you be!

God bless

Let love and faithfulness never leave you; bind them around your neck, write them on the tablet of your heart.

Prov. 3:3

REMOVING OF CONDITION

08/02/2010 I-751 sent with K2 & my son

08/12/2010 Check cashed

08/06/2010 NOA (received 08/16/2010)

08/18/2010 My son's check was cashed

09/27/2010 Biometrics appointment

10/26/2010 APPROVED

11/1/2010 10yrs GC in the mail

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline
ok, I think we understand your opinion now; it probably doesn't need to be repeated over and over...

the timelines are helpful to me, as is the abundance of other information on here; even if it's just anecdotal, it gives us an idea about what's happening

I was thinking about this just yesterday; without VJ, what would I have heard by now? absolutely NOTHING after the NOA1, which we got at the end of July... which is fine; I don't expect a cheery little newsletter from USCIS every week, but I'm SO THANKFUL to have an idea of what's going on in there! to know that June filers are being processed now, and last week was a slower week than the one before, and that someone got an RFE for a birth certificate, etc etc... it's all knowledge, even if not directly applicable to me, and it makes me less stressed about it, because I feel I know a little of what's going on

as far as I'm concerned, the timeline could be out by six weeks or more and I'd still find it useful; it's all about being informed, and knowing SOMETHING, and if this is the best we can do, then it's worth doing :)

and now you probably understand my opinion, so I won't be repeating it over and over :D;)

Well stated! You have summed up the overwhelming opinion regarding VJ timelines. I find the timelines to be useful, too. As long as we all keep in mind that the estimated adjudication date, is just that: an estimate, no one gets hurt and we all benefit from having a better idea of when we might expect to recieve our NOA2s.

Thanks TracyOz for starting this thread! Its always good to remind people to update the timelines to help our stats.

*bump*

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.