tijuanahilton

CAlifornia Driver's license

8 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Is there any way to get a license before the EAD and AOS paperwork comes through? We went to the DMV but were told that they need proof that he's legally in the country. I see that his Mexican driver's license is good for a while here, but seeing as Driving While Mexican is reason enough for the police to stop you, I'd like to make sure he has the correct forms. I have visions of them confiscating the car and hauling him off to jail because he can't prove the car he's driving really does belong to him.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

If here on K-3 the I-94 card works but needs SSN, if K-1 then NOA2 (Approval) letter for either EAD or Green-Card will do.

SEE: http://www.dmv.ca.gov/dl/dl_info.htm#BDLP

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline
If here on K-3 the I-94 card works but needs SSN, if K-1 then NOA2 (Approval) letter for either EAD or Green-Card will do.

SEE: http://www.dmv.ca.gov/dl/dl_info.htm#BDLP

I'm looking at the page you sent me (I'd seen it previously actually), but since the I-94 is expired, does that mean that I can no longer get a driver's license until we get the green card or EAD?

We just went through this process. California will not issue a DL unless there is more than 60 days left on your I-94 if on a K-1 if you don't want to wait for EAD or your GC. They told us he could drive on his Jordanian license for 1 year. We even got him full coverage insurance on his Jordanian license.

However, I am still not sure about the 1 year thing, another DMV employee told me it would be up the officer if he got stopped.

VJ Hours - I am available M-F from 10am - 5pm PST. I will occasionaly put in some OT for a fairly good poo slinging thread or a donut.

If the DMV says its good for a year you could always fight it in court of an policeman issued a ticket.

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

If the DMV says its good for a year you could always fight it in court of an policeman issued a ticket.

Thankfully we don't have to stress about that anymore. He got his GC 2 months ago and got his drivers license last week!

VJ Hours - I am available M-F from 10am - 5pm PST. I will occasionaly put in some OT for a fairly good poo slinging thread or a donut.

Thankfully we don't have to stress about that anymore. He got his GC 2 months ago and got his drivers license last week!

:thumbs: Right on. I need to get Claudeth into a driving school :unsure:

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.