pride

Help !!!!

15 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

well, i'm in this CR1visa. my case is in casablanca consulate right now and i got informed about the interview date, but my wife which is my primary sponsor in the affidvait of support got laid off .. so, would that affect my case ? what do i have to do ? do we need to find an other sponsor or wait until she gets new job ? thanks in advance.

well, i'm in this CR1visa. my case is in casablanca consulate right now and i got informed about the interview date, but my wife which is my primary sponsor in the affidvait of support got laid off .. so, would that affect my case ? what do i have to do ? do we need to find an other sponsor or wait until she gets new job ? thanks in advance.

I am not sure, but it wouldn't hurt to get a co-sponsor right away. Hmmm... some other members may chip in with wiser advise.

Good luck, L.

If a co-sponsor is available, then definately gatehr the documents and submit that info. This will save you the delay of your wife finding the new job and gathering the documents to show the new income.

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

When did she get laid off?

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

It could be that since your visa has passed the NVC....So more than likely the Consulate would not know your wife got laid off. Best not to mention it and see if they say something to you FIRST.

Timeline

It could be that since your visa has passed the NVC....So more than likely the Consulate would not know your wife got laid off. Best not to mention it and see if they say something to you FIRST.

Exactly what I was thinking when I asked when she got laid off. Not sure if it's the same with a K-1 but with a K-3, the embassy wouldn't have even known if I had gotten laid off. They just go by what you have submitted. Might want to just ask around to see if anyone is willing to be a cosponsor just in case but maybe she'll have gotten a new job in the next 4 weeks. I wouldn't mention it.

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

If I remember correctly, casa no longer asks for the affidavit of support. But if Im wrong, someone please step in and correct, because its been awhile since we interviewed.

If it were me, Id keep it to myself and not worry. I have never heard of the consulate calling to verify employment (but again, if someone has please step in and correct). See if you can scrounge up a willing co-sponsor in the meantime, just to cover your butt.

If I remember correctly, casa no longer asks for the affidavit of support. But if Im wrong, someone please step in and correct, because its been awhile since we interviewed.

If it were me, Id keep it to myself and not worry. I have never heard of the consulate calling to verify employment (but again, if someone has please step in and correct). See if you can scrounge up a willing co-sponsor in the meantime, just to cover your butt.

They have to show the affidavit of support because of the cr-1 visa. They are completing AOS at the same time as the visa, not liek the K-1 where you file aos upon entering and show finacial support.

Theonly thing abot keepning quiet is at some point you may have to lie. The CO is likely t ask...where does your wife work? Better not to lie. It may seem like a small lie, but any lie risks permanent ban from entering the US.

I'd get a co-sponsor lined up. Even with a co-sponsor, your wife remains the primary sponsor even without a job.

erfoud44.jpg

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

They have to show the affidavit of support because of the cr-1 visa. They are completing AOS at the same time as the visa, not liek the K-1 where you file aos upon entering and show finacial support.

Theonly thing abot keepning quiet is at some point you may have to lie. The CO is likely t ask...where does your wife work? Better not to lie. It may seem like a small lie, but any lie risks permanent ban from entering the US.

I'd get a co-sponsor lined up. Even with a co-sponsor, your wife remains the primary sponsor even without a job.

TY! This is why Im glad there's lots of us in this forum with a wide range of experience. Keep me honest MBP :thumbs:

Timeline

duh. I don't know why I thought it was a K-1 they were going for.

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

oh guys, thank you very much for the information. there was a friend of mine who told me to say the truth in the inerview and avoid to lie, therefore, in case they ask me about her current job , i think i'll simply say " she recently got laid off". besides, the point that "mybackpages" has said is true, my wife should be the primary sponsor and because of her insufficient income we alreay got an other co -sponsor for her and we submited her forms and information to the nvc a while ago. i think since we already had a co-sponsor , we shouldn't worry very much. what do u think ? thanks alot

oh guys, thank you very much for the information. there was a friend of mine who told me to say the truth in the inerview and avoid to lie, therefore, in case they ask me about her current job , i think i'll simply say " she recently got laid off". besides, the point that "mybackpages" has said is true, my wife should be the primary sponsor and because of her insufficient income we alreay got an other co -sponsor for her and we submited her forms and information to the nvc a while ago. i think since we already had a co-sponsor , we shouldn't worry very much. what do u think ? thanks alot

If you already have a co-sponsor that makes enough, you should be in good shape. If they ask you about what your wife does for a living, answer truthfully: she's a [whatever], she just got laid off and is seeking new employment. If she gets a job by your interview, she should send you the updated I-864, but with a co-sponsor, you should be fine.

AOS

-

Filed: 8/1/07

NOA1:9/7/07

Biometrics: 9/28/07

EAD/AP: 10/17/07

EAD card ordered again (who knows, maybe we got the two-fer deal): 10/23/-7

Transferred to CSC: 10/26/07

Approved: 11/21/07

If you already have a co-sponsor that makes enough, you should be in good shape. If they ask you about what your wife does for a living, answer truthfully: she's a [whatever], she just got laid off and is seeking new employment. If she gets a job by your interview, she should send you the updated I-864, but with a co-sponsor, you should be fine.

:thumbs: agree!

erfoud44.jpg

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.