Buck and Natalia

Californa Service Center Email/Fax Info K1 VISAS

18 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

CALIFORNIA SERVICE CENTER EMAIL/FAX INFO (11/01/2007):

Things moving a bit too slowly for you at the CSC on your K1 VISA Petition? Want to contact them about it? Here is an email address that worked for me on 11/01/07:

CSC-XII.129F@dhs.gov

You can also fax a more formal inquiry using the CSC Fax Inquiry Form. Here is a link to the current form (last revised 10/2002):

http://www.artistsfromabroad.org/pdf/a_blankcscfax.pdf

The best fax number to use (at least it worked for me on 11/01/2007) is: 949-389-3482. The Fax Inquiry says the number is reserved for "Premium Processing" but it was the only number that I found that worked. I tried many of the others listed on the form but they had been disconnected or were no longer in service. This is not too surprising as the form was last revised in October 2002. Perhaps you can find better information. I tried but was unable to find other fax numbers that worked or a more recent version of the Fax Inquiry form.

The contact information for CSC changes constantly so I have no idea how long this information will remain valid.

GOOD LUCK,

Buck - Your Brother in Arms

RUS.GIFNatalia & BuckUS1.GIF

May 02, 2007 - Petition Mailed to Nebraska Service Center (and then transferred to California Service Center)

May 29, 2007 - NOA1: K1

Sep 19, 2007 - NOA2: K1

Nov 02, 2007 - NVC Received Petition from CSC

Dec 13, 2007 - NVC Processing Completed; Petition forwarded to Moscow Consulate

Mar 03, 2008 - Moscow Interview Date: VISA APPROVED

Mar 06, 2008 - VISA's received in Omsk

Mar 24, 2008 - USA Arrival; HALLELUJAH !!!!

May 31, 2008 - MARRIED

Jun 17, 2008 - AOS, EAD, AP Filed - Natalia & Artem (17 yr-old son)

Jun 23, 2008 - NOA1: AOS, EAD, AP - Natalia & Artem

July 15, 2008 - Biometrics: AOS, EAD - Natalia & Artem

DISCLAIMER: ALL VIEWS EXPRESSED BY US ARE NOT INTENDED AS LEGAL ADVICE NOR DO THEY ESTABLISH AN ATTORNEY-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP.

Timeline
Buck, did you get any results from either the email or fax?

I got TWO responses (1 email; 1 phone) to my email from two separate CSC Case Officers within 24 hours. I practically fell off my office chair to say the least !!! What a pleasant shock.

I still have not received any response to the fax but CSC guidelines say there is normally a 15 day response time to fax inquiries.

May 02, 2007 - Petition Mailed to Nebraska Service Center (and then transferred to California Service Center)

May 31, 2008 - MARRIED

DISCLAIMER: ALL VIEWS EXPRESSED BY US ARE NOT INTENDED AS LEGAL ADVICE NOR DO THEY ESTABLISH AN ATTORNEY-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP.

Filed: Timeline
I got TWO responses (1 email; 1 phone) to my email from two separate CSC Case Officers within 24 hours. I practically fell off my office chair to say the least !!! What a pleasant shock.

Wow, that practically knocked me off my chair too!!! Email sent, I'll report back here on results.

Thanks!

Buck, did you get any results from either the email or fax?

I still have not received any response to the fax but CSC guidelines say there is normally a 15 day response time to fax inquiries.

Wow, the times they are a changing :thumbs:

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Eh, the times seem to be pretty much the way they've always been. Here's the reply I got:

The California Service Center (
CSC
) does not accept inquiries from the general public via email. All inquiries must be submitted to the National Customer Service Center by calling 1-800-375-5283. The National Customer Service Center will route your inquiry to the appropriate USCIS District Office or Service Center, and will track your inquiry to a final resolution. If you've received a transfer notice regarding your case, please inform the National Customer Service Center at the time you submit your inquiry. The National Customer Service at I-800-375-5283 is available Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM, PST.

The status of the case, processing dates, addresses and necessary information can be found on line at www.USCIS.gov. Under “Check Case Status”, enter receipt number i.e. WAC. You can also sign up to be notified of any changes occurring with this petition.

Officer Hopkins

csc

Timeline
Eh, the times seem to be pretty much the way they've always been. Here's the reply I got:

The California Service Center (
CSC
) does not accept inquiries from the general public via email. All inquiries must be submitted to the National Customer Service Center by calling 1-800-375-5283. The National Customer Service Center will route your inquiry to the appropriate USCIS District Office or Service Center, and will track your inquiry to a final resolution. If you've received a transfer notice regarding your case, please inform the National Customer Service Center at the time you submit your inquiry. The National Customer Service at I-800-375-5283 is available Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM, PST.

The status of the case, processing dates, addresses and necessary information can be found on line at www.USCIS.gov. Under “Check Case Status”, enter receipt number i.e. WAC. You can also sign up to be notified of any changes occurring with this petition.

Officer Hopkins

csc

At least they responded quickly but sorry to see that they gave you the brush-off. :angry: I should have maybe mentioned that I am an attorney with 15 years litigation experience and the email that I wrote to them was pretty stern. Perhaps they did not view me as a member of the "general public" because of the "attorney" byline on my email signature.

May 31, 2008 - MARRIED

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Things moving a bit too slowly for you at the CSC on your K1 VISA Petition? Want to contact them about it? Here is an email address that worked for me on 11/01/07:

CSC-XII.129F@dhs.gov

You can also fax a more formal inquiry using the CSC Fax Inquiry Form. Here is a link to the current form (last revised 10/2002):

The best fax number to use (at least it worked for me on 11/01/2007) is: 949-389-3482. The Fax Inquiry says the number is reserved for "Premium Processing" but it was the only number that I found that worked. I tried many of the others listed on the form but they had been disconnected or were no longer in service. This is not too surprising as the form was last revised in October 2002. Perhaps you can find better information. I tried but was unable to find other fax numbers that worked or a more recent version of the Fax Inquiry form.

The contact information for CSC changes constantly so I have no idea how long this information will remain valid.

GOOD LUCK,

I guess I am confused why you are inquiring with the USCIS when you appear to have been approved in September

YMMV

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

CSC-XII.129F@dhs.gov

GOOD LUCK,

I guess I am confused why you are inquiring with the USCIS when you appear to have been approved in September

I received the same response but will begin to press

Timeline

Because I was approved 6 weeks ago and NVC never received my petition. I had to contact CIS to have them locate my petition and determine the reason for the long delay in transferring the petition to NVC after it was approved by CIS.

May 31, 2008 - MARRIED

Man, it's times like this that I'm glad we're "done" with the VJ process. We'll have more to do in about 18 months, but at least we don't have to track it down and wait, call..... wait some more.... e-mail...... wait some more.

Be patient guys, your time will come! I know it sucks, but keep your eyes on the prize! Some of us have made it through so at least there's proof that the system eventually works. It is real!

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Because I was approved 6 weeks ago and NVC never received my petition. I had to contact CIS to have them locate my petition and determine the reason for the long delay in transferring the petition to NVC after it was approved by CIS.

It took about 5 or 6 weeks for ours 3 years ago, so this seems normal.

2004-08-23: Met in Chicago

2005-10-19: K-1 Interview, Moscow (approved)

2007-02-23: Biometrics

2007-04-11: AOS Interview (Approved)

Timeline

It took about 5 or 6 weeks for ours 3 years ago, so this seems normal.

Perhaps it was normal 3 years ago. The two CIS Case Officers that responded to me yesterday did not think it was so normal. Likewise, the NVC did not think it was so normal. They stated that usual transfer time was 2 to 4 weeks which is what prompted the email to CIS in the first place.

May 31, 2008 - MARRIED

At least they responded quickly but sorry to see that they gave you the brush-off. :angry: I should have maybe mentioned that I am an attorney with 15 years litigation experience and the email that I wrote to them was pretty stern. Perhaps they did not view me as a member of the "general public" because of the "attorney" byline on my email signature.

Dang, I shoulda had you write it for me. :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.