Alt name

Anger at USCIS and security

126 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hasnt affected businesses has it? Check the processing times again?

Under Reagan, it took 6 weeks to bring your spouse or children here. Under the administrations that followed, it takes a few weeks to bring employees here and months to keep your family together.

Unfortunately a lot has happened since the 80s :(

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
Illegals are easy to find- just go to Home Depot and Lowes. :)
That's really unnecessary.

Unnecessary maybe but not untrue. :P

What's the point?

I'm unendingly amazed at the amount of negative foreign-born chatter we have on this website for it being a community of people who are bound to an immigrant for life.

And don't give me that nonsense about how we all did it legally and that makes us different.

Anti-immigrant is anti-immigrant. It feeds the ugliness in mainstream America over immigration, which comes back to bite everybody who immigrates in the butt. Legal or illegal entry.

I agree with you.

Words are powerful.

Funny where all on this site either because we love some one foreign born and want them to come to the US or because we are someone who is foreign born and we want to come to the US to be with the person we love. It is understandable that we all may be a bit frustrated at this point :wacko: , but seriously we need to keep our venting as constructive as possible.

When we are on the receiving end of privilege, favoritism, or just plain old luck we hardly ever notice those who may not get treated fairly :unsure: . I say this to say, we may not feel as though we are being treated fairly in the system of immigration, but in what other systems do we come out on top, or receive favor that others may view as unfair? ......Sometimes we need to question the way we think and why we think the way that we do.

Stay positive guys....the Karma works wonders in this process :star:

OTxq.jpgAsante Maroon

Filed: Other Timeline

You....I'm not the genius who started talking about illegal immigration. Read the whole thread.

What I gave you (and what you quoted) was a synopsis of the IRCA, passed during the Reagan administration, which AMONG OTHER THINGS provided a previous amnesty. This law also encompassed verifying the legal employability of individuals.

I was and am discussing legal immigration. As further muddied up by this law. Which happened to get passed during the Reagan years.

You, discuss illegal immigration as another topic. This topic was started to discuss various aspects of legal immigration.

Under Reagan, it took 6 weeks to bring your spouse or children here.

And that was how many years prior to September 11, 2001?

And....

In 1986, Reagan signed the Immigration Reform and Control Act (IRCA). The act made it illegal to knowingly hire or recruit illegal immigrants, required employers to attest to their employees' immigration status, and granted amnesty to approximately 3 million illegal immigrants who entered the United States prior to January 1, 1982 and lived there continuously. Critics of the act claim that its laws subjecting employers to sanctions were without teeth and that it failed to stem illegal immigration.[97] Upon signing the act at a ceremony held beside the newly refurbished Statue of Liberty, Reagan said, "The legalization provisions in this act will go far to improve the lives of a class of individuals who now must hide in the shadows, without access to many of the benefits of a free and open society. Very soon many of these men and women will be able to step into the sunlight and, ultimately, if they choose, they may become Americans." -- from Wiki

And...

Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 (IRCA)

"Public Law 99-603 (Act of 11/6/86), which was passed in order to control and deter illegal immigration to the United States. Its major provisions stipulate legalization of undocumented aliens who had been continuously unlawfully present since 1982, legalization of certain agricultural workers, sanctions for employers who knowingly hire undocumented workers, and increased enforcement at U.S. borders." -- from uscis.gov

Edited by rebeccajo

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

I don't look down upon illegal immigrants as individuals, and i will admit there are positives and negatives to having an influx of uneducated immigrants. I am a big fan of the Diversity Lottery program, because I believe that if we are going to have immigrants in this country that have no prior connection with loved ones in the US, then they should be from many different cultures in the world.

Sometime in April: Mailed I129F to USCIS

5/31/2007 ~ NAO1 (online)

9/6/2007 ~ Touch (used RFE trick)

9/24/2007 ~ NAO2 (online and email)

9/25/2007 ~ Touch

9/27/2007 ~ NAO2 (hardcopy received)

10/22/2007 ~ Case received at NVC

10/24/2007 ~ Case forwarded to Japanese embassy!

11/2/2007 ~ Sayaka receives Packet 3!!!

12/3/2007 ~ Interview and approval

12/5/2007 ~ Visa came in the mail

1/12/2008 ~ Sayaka's flight arrives in the US!!!