12 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Belgium
Timeline

I'm home and I'm .....APPROVED!!!!!!

So I promised an accurate report of my experience and here goes...

We left the house at 10 am to get to Philly, we were there with about forty minutes to spare, we looked for a coffeespot and didn't find any so

we went in at 10.45, went through the checkpoint and everyone was curtious and to the point, just like the airport.

We went up to the 3rd floor and went into the waiting room and handed in our letter to the receptionist, sat down and waited for our 11.20 which ended up being 11.30.I heard my first name and saw an older man with a really friendly face.

We went through the door and into his office, we remained standing and took our oath(very simple and quick).

Then we were seated and I was so nervous I kept wanting to just get things out in the right order...He continued by talking to my husband about what he did etc,...I then started to calm down because I realized they were just chatting! He then asked us some is this your name and your birthdate type questions and then asked some NO questions....He was chatting about us , himself all through it and I could tell he wasn't being calculated but very genuine.

He only wanted to see the pics because he loves to see the world and he asked about our income we wanted to give him all these copies but he didn't want them, he just needed to know we had them...

We were in there for a good forty minutes because it was pleasant and a good chat, my husband was asking him all sorts and he was glad to reply...

At the end, he told us that he does this to build America through one good family at a time and he said I'm happy to say welcome to America!

Not only was our experience pleasant but it only took 91 days! This IO impressed me so much and I can't help but admire someone like him, he loves what he does and it showed.

I was so inspired and felt so happy and gratefull.

My GC should be here in 2 weeks.

I now know it's true, if you really are married and a real couple, you have nothing to worry about, it's actually quite fun, like graduating!

Congratulations!!!

06/27/11 - Mailed N-400 Naturalization

06/28/11 - NOA Priority Date

08/10/11 - Biometrics (Early FP 07/21/11)

08/01/11 - In Line for Interview Scheduling

08/11/11 - Got Email the interview is scheduled

08/15/11 - Received interview letter for September 19th

08/15/11 - Received interview cancellation letter

10/14/11 - Received new interview letter

11/17/11 - N400 interview - PASSED!!!

11/29/11 - In Line for Oath Ceremony Scheduling

12/30/11 - Got email that oath ceremony is scheduled

01/27/12 - Oath Ceremony - US Citizen!!!!

04/30/10 - Mailed I-751 ROC

05/11/10 - Received NOA (dated 05/03/10)

06/11/10 - Biometrics

07/13/10 - Card Production Ordered

07/22/10 - 10 year Green Card Received in the mail

07/27/07 - I-130 & I-485 Sent to Chicago Lock Box

09/04/07 - Received NOA1 for both I-130 & I-485 (Notice Date of 31st August)

11/09/07 - Biometrics

04/17/08 - Interview

04/21/08 - Received I-130 Approval Notice

05/09/08 - I-485 Approved (Email - Welcome Notice mailed)

05/20/08 - PERMANENT RESIDENT CARD ARRIVED IN THE MAIL

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
I'm home and I'm .....APPROVED!!!!!!

So I promised an accurate report of my experience and here goes...

We left the house at 10 am to get to Philly, we were there with about forty minutes to spare, we looked for a coffeespot and didn't find any so

we went in at 10.45, went through the checkpoint and everyone was curtious and to the point, just like the airport.

We went up to the 3rd floor and went into the waiting room and handed in our letter to the receptionist, sat down and waited for our 11.20 which ended up being 11.30.I heard my first name and saw an older man with a really friendly face.

We went through the door and into his office, we remained standing and took our oath(very simple and quick).

Then we were seated and I was so nervous I kept wanting to just get things out in the right order...He continued by talking to my husband about what he did etc,...I then started to calm down because I realized they were just chatting! He then asked us some is this your name and your birthdate type questions and then asked some NO questions....He was chatting about us , himself all through it and I could tell he wasn't being calculated but very genuine.

He only wanted to see the pics because he loves to see the world and he asked about our income we wanted to give him all these copies but he didn't want them, he just needed to know we had them...

We were in there for a good forty minutes because it was pleasant and a good chat, my husband was asking him all sorts and he was glad to reply...

At the end, he told us that he does this to build America through one good family at a time and he said I'm happy to say welcome to America!

Not only was our experience pleasant but it only took 91 days! This IO impressed me so much and I can't help but admire someone like him, he loves what he does and it showed.

I was so inspired and felt so happy and gratefull.

My GC should be here in 2 weeks.

I now know it's true, if you really are married and a real couple, you have nothing to worry about, it's actually quite fun, like graduating!

WoW! what an exciting story. HEPH HEPH HORAY!!! :thumbs:

Your experienced inspired me... Goodluck to your new life in America. Wish you for the BEST!

Well me...Just praying and Hoping for my upcoming interview on 11/15. CHEERS! :yes:

Congrats :dancing:

Our Timeline

08/25/04 Arrived in US

06/25/07 I- 693 Medical completed

07/05/07 AOS Package sent (I-130,I-485,I-864,I-765,I-693)

07/09/07 Chicago Received Package (day 1)

07/17/07 Date of NOA1's (I-130,I-485,I-765)

07/20/07 Received NOA1's

07/23/07 Received ASC Appointment Letter

08/16/07 Biometrics Appointment (day 39)

08/17/07 Can now check online status

09/13/07 EAD card production ordered via Email (day 67)

09/24/07 EAD card received in mail

09/25/07 Applied for SSN

10/05/07 Received SSN

10/18/07 AOS Interview - APPROVED (day 92)

10/22/07 Email Received - Welcome Letter on it's way - Approved

10/24/07 Card production ordered

10/25/07 Welcome to US letter arrived

10/30/07 GREENCARD ARRIVED IN MAIL (day 114)

Filed: Timeline

CAN You HELP ME ANSWER THIS? Thanks

All those who recently filed I-485 package concurrently with I-130; questions for you.

I am an H-1B visa holder and have enough time on my visa. I just married a US citizen and I am filing all forms together. I have a few questions on the form.

I-485 (part 2)- Which box will be most applicable to my situation (A, or Other)?

I-485 (part 3)- Where is the NON IMMIGRANT VISA number on the visa? We assumed it was the one that was in red colour.

I-765- right on top there are three boxes stating " I am applying for.....". What do you think it would be since I already have a valid H-1B;

I-765 Question 11 - which box will be the right one ?

I-864- If my husband qualifies under the section 213A , Do we still need to file I-864A to fill in my information??

Also, as we are filing all forms together; which address would the package go to?

Looking forward to hear back from some of you guys out here... Thanks!

Great review! Sounds like you had an easy time. Congratulations on the approval. :)

Nini - Vancouver BC, Canada (she's the one who does the forum thing)

Bee - Devon PA, USA (he's the one who gave her the shiny ring)

Getting our sanity tested by bureaucracy since 2007.

Here we go again...

Removal of conditions @ VSC

9/4/2010 - sent!

9/14/2010 - NOA

Congratulations

k37hm7.png

03-06-10 Mailed N-400

03-17-10 Check cashed

03-19-10 NOA received

03-22-10 Biometrics sent

04-09-10 Biometrics appointment

06-14-10 Interview Date

06-22-10 Received letter for Oath

07-02-10 Oath ceremony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.