Islanddream

1-130 Petiton for infant

24 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi All,

not sure if i am posting in the right forum, i will go ahead and ask these questions

A family member of mine is married to a Jamaican Citizen he is now a naturalized US Citizen, they have a 5 month old son together, my question is should he file 2 seperate 1-130 petitions (one for his wife one for the child? we contacted the US emabssy in Jamaica about it by email, we explained to them that we are going the CR1-IR1 route, i even asked about the consular report of birth for the child, i dont think they seem to know what that is, they replied to us saying that if the child isnt qualified for the consular report of birth (which we dont know if he is or not) the husband should file seperate 1-130 petitions, what do you think we should do? any info will be greatly appreciated

Edited by Islanddream

Timeline
Hi All,

not sure if i am posting in the right forum, i will go ahead and ask these questions

A family member of mine is married to a Jamaican Citizen he is now a naturalized US Citizen, they have a 5 month old son together, my question is should he file 2 seperate 1-130 petitions (one for his wife one for the child? we contacted the US emabssy in Jamaica about it by email, we explained to them that we are going the CR1-IR1 route, i even asked about the consular report of birth for the child, i dont think they seem to know what that is, they replied to us saying that if the child isnt qualified for the consular report of birth (which we dont know if he is or not) the husband should file seperate 1-130 petitions, what do you think we should do? any info will be greatly appreciated

The Consular Report of Birth states the child was born in JA by b/c the child was born to a US Citizen parent the child is also a US Citizen. Was the child born in JA after the mom recv'd her cert of naturalization? If so then the son qualifies but if not then yes the mom would have to file two I-130's (son & husband).

Edited by nyseness

Anna (Chicago) and Javon (Jamaica)

USCIS: I-130 Process

10/30/06 - Married to my loving husband

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

NVC: CR-1 Process

05/21/07 - NVC recv'd case (per rep @ NVC)

05/29/07 - NVC Assigned Case # (KNG2007******)

06/01/07 - Faxed change of address request to NVC

06/08/07 - NVC confirmed new address

06/18/07 - DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) & AOS (I-864) Fee Bill generated

06/23/07 - Recv'd DS-3032 & AOS Bill via snail mail

07/09/07 - Emailed DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) to NVC

07/19/07 - Mailed AOS Fee Bill ($70) to St. Louis, MO

07/19/07 - Recv'd email from NVC - Choice of Agent was accepted

07/23/07 - IV (DS-230) Fee Bill was generated

08/11/07 - Recv'd IV Fee Bill via snail mail

08/15/07 - Recv'd AOS Packet in the mail

.png

.png

Timeline
Hi All,

The Consular Report of Birth states the child was born in JA by b/c the child was born to a US Citizen parent the child is also a US Citizen. Was the child born in JA after the mom recv'd her cert of naturalization? If so then the son qualifies but if not then yes the mom would have to file two I-130's (son & husband).

Hi Nyseness, My cousin is the Mother of the child she is a Jamaican Citizen living in Jamaica the child was born here in Jamaica, her husband is A Jamaican Citizen he is now a Nautralized US Citizen, so the question is should he file 2 1-130's thanks

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

If the child has one parent that is a US Citizen then the child is a US Citizen, no visa needed. The birth needs to be registered at the Consulate, and a passport will be issued.

Reporting Birth Abroad - When an American is born abroad, the American Citizen Services (ACS) section of the consulate can issue a "Consular Report of Birth Abroad." This document is recognized by U.S. law as proof of acquisition of U.S. citizenship and is acceptable evidence of citizenship for obtaining a passport, entering school and most other purposes. As soon after the child is born, please contact your local consulate for more information.
http://jamaica.usembassy.gov/public_services.html

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Timeline
If the child has one parent that is a US Citizen then the child is a US Citizen, no visa needed. The birth needs to be registered at the Consulate, and a passport will be issued.

Reporting Birth Abroad - When an American is born abroad, the American Citizen Services (ACS) section of the consulate can issue a "Consular Report of Birth Abroad." This document is recognized by U.S. law as proof of acquisition of U.S. citizenship and is acceptable evidence of citizenship for obtaining a passport, entering school and most other purposes. As soon after the child is born, please contact your local consulate for more information.

That is correct if the child was after he got his naturalization.

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

.png

.png

Timeline

Hello All thanks for your answers, i am still a bit confused i read on a site about consular report of birth ( The US CITIZEN PARENT MUST HAVE BEEN PHYSICALLY PRESENT IN THE UNITED STATES FOR A PERIOD OF OR PERIODS TOTALLING FIVE YEARS PRIOR TO THE BIRTH OF THE CHILD, AT LEAST TWO YEARS OF WHICH WERE AFTER THE US CITIZEN PARENT REACHEAD THE AGE OF 14 YEARS.) my cousins husband has been living in the US as a permanent resident for 17 years, he got natralized before the birth of his son, can he trasmit US Citizenship to his son? during these years he lived in the US, only came to Jamaica on visits

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Hello All thanks for your answers, i am still a bit confused i read on a site about consular report of birth ( The US CITIZEN PARENT MUST HAVE BEEN PHYSICALLY PRESENT IN THE UNITED STATES FOR A PERIOD OF OR PERIODS TOTALLING FIVE YEARS PRIOR TO THE BIRTH OF THE CHILD, AT LEAST TWO YEARS OF WHICH WERE AFTER THE US CITIZEN PARENT REACHEAD THE AGE OF 14 YEARS.) my cousins husband has been living in the US as a permanent resident for 17 years, he got natralized before the birth of his son, can he trasmit US Citizenship to his son? during these years he lived in the US, only came to Jamaica on visits

Hey

Yes his son is now a USC b/c ur cousins hubby was naturalized b4 his birth like the previous posts say..just tell ur cousin to go register the baby birth at the consulate in Jamaica that is the US consulate

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline

Hey

Yes his son is now a USC b/c ur cousins hubby was naturalized b4 his birth like the previous posts say..just tell ur cousin to go register the baby birth at the consulate in Jamaica that is the US consulate

Hi Kimmikashi, thanks for your info, my cousin's hubby spoke to someone at USCIS and they said he needs 2 1-130 petitions, so i guess the child didnt qualify for immediate citizenship, they already sent him the paper work.

thanks again for your reply

Timeline

Hey

Hi Kimmikashi, thanks for your info, my cousin's hubby spoke to someone at USCIS and they said he needs 2 1-130 petitions, so i guess the child didnt qualify for immediate citizenship, they already sent him the paper work.

Be very careful w/ the USCIS line it is also known as the mis-information line. They reps are reading the screen like you and me. You should probably speak to an immigration lawyer before you submit the forms.

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

.png

.png

Timeline

Hey

Be very careful w/ the USCIS line it is also known as the mis-information line. They reps are reading the screen like you and me. You should probably speak to an immigration lawyer before you submit the forms.

Nyseness ur sooo right..u should def check with a lawyer go to one where they give free consultations....so money that could be used for something not get wasted cause they don't give refunds..if i'm not mistaken HOT 102 radio station has a immigration hour at 12 noon listen and call in and ask...

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Hi,

I'm a FILIPINA married to a Us citizen. I gave birth to our son on March 2007 here in the philippines. My husband became a US Citizen last July 2006. We applied for a Consular Report of Birth Abroad and a US passport for our son. No need to file a petition for the child. Hope this helps

Edited by AUREA

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey

that is the truth... I called USCIS last week to ask about a k-4 and was told to file form I-539....so not true

4462482_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Me turn professional panhandler!!! but mi look good, don't??

Timeline

Hey

that is the truth... I called USCIS last week to ask about a k-4 and was told to file form I-539....so not true

Hi Jengles, do you think my cousins hubbby needs 2 1-130 petitions he is not going the k3/k4 route they are going the CR1-CR2, they already sent him 2 sets of G325A's one for him one for his wife and 2 1-130 petition forms one for his wife one for his child.

Timeline

Hey

Hi Jengles, do you think my cousins hubbby needs 2 1-130 petitions he is not going the k3/k4 route they are going the CR1-CR2, they already sent him 2 sets of G325A's one for him one for his wife and 2 1-130 petition forms one for his wife one for his child.

Ok, has ur cousin check wit hthe consulate as yet ? that would be her best bet

Timeline

Hey

Ok, has ur cousin check wit hthe consulate as yet ? that would be her best bet

Hi KimmiKashi, my cousin checked with the consulate, by email, she has been emailing them since the child was 2 months old he will be 6 months old soon, they forwarded her email to another department, because they said they wont be able to tell if the child is qualified for the consular report of birth or not, we tried calling no luck!!! a few weeks ago we resent the emal, they replied saying the father should file 2 1-130 petitions, so they decided that they will do just that. when the child gets to america he will be automatically be a US Citizen

thanks for your reply

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.