Bad_Daddy

US Passport: Send Original or Make Copies?

22 posts in this topic

uh oh

i went back and looked at my application and I only copied the picture page of the passport

and it shows my information and my signature...

is that going to be a problem... geez

IT SHOULD BE OK.......

as long as you did send evidence like plane tickets showing that you two have met....

vj_sig-2-2_2.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

uh oh

i went back and looked at my application and I only copied the picture page of the passport

you can get some nice color copies at kinkos

U mean to prove ur US citizenship? It might be since they ask for all copy of us passport or front and back of US birth certificate. I have the same problem as my lawyer erred and sent a copy of my birth certificate (my back was blank) and the identification page of my passport (despite the fact I gave him copies of all the pages). So we'll see what happens! I hope it goes through, but might not.

I-129F Sent : 2007-07-26

I-129F NOA1 issued : 2007-08-06

NOA2 received: 12/20/07

NVC received: 12/28/07

NVC sent to embassy 1/2/08

Packet 3 received: 1/15/08

Packet 3 sent: 1/21/08

Interview- 2/14/08

K1 Visa APPROVED- 2/15/08 and delivered 2/21/08

Wedding 3/21/08

3354.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

Concerning about US Passport, does the copies need to be color copies? or does black and white work?

Thanks,

Tanffy

December Filer

K-1

12/12/07 - Sent I-129F packet out (express mail baby)

12/13/07 - VSC received packet I-129F (Now I'm waiting for my check to cash)

12/14/07 - VSC Check cashed

12/14/07 - NOA1

12/18/07 - Touched

02/17/08 - Touched OMG I got touched

04/02/08 - WOOT NOA2 ^^

04/03/08 - Touched

Can't recall everything that went on but...

About 07/11/08 - My wife first step on USA

We're at the process where we will have an interview for my wife 10 year visa. My wife already have her 2 years condition green card and her Social Security #.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline
U mean to prove ur US citizenship? It might be since they ask for all copy of us passport or front and back of US birth certificate. I have the same problem as my lawyer erred and sent a copy of my birth certificate (my back was blank) and the identification page of my passport (despite the fact I gave him copies of all the pages). So we'll see what happens! I hope it goes through, but might not.

I don't see why you would think that. If you read the directions for the I-129F on page two look at section 3, subsections A and D. "In place of..." You do not need to send both a birth certificate and copies of your entire passport. Also if your passport has less than five years of validity you can't use this at all, you must use the birth certificate or another option.

And to tanffy, I hope black & white will work, especially since making color copies of a US passport is technically illegal in this country :P

"I came here tonight because when you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible."

-Harry Burns

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

I did read the directions, it was my lawyer who didn't!! Infact, I even told him to send the passport since he was the one who mentioned that I didn't have the back of my birth certificate. And the passport was just renewed this past year.

I-129F Sent : 2007-07-26

I-129F NOA1 issued : 2007-08-06

NOA2 received: 12/20/07

NVC received: 12/28/07

NVC sent to embassy 1/2/08

Packet 3 received: 1/15/08

Packet 3 sent: 1/21/08

Interview- 2/14/08

K1 Visa APPROVED- 2/15/08 and delivered 2/21/08

Wedding 3/21/08

3354.gif

Filed: Timeline

actually it looks like i sent them the original birth certificate, which isnt a problem. I can get another

one in the mail.. so according to the directions, that should be enough

uh oh

Did you make a copy of your birth certificate as well? If so you won't have a problem from what I understand.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Dear Why Me?

To use a line from a very good movie (Top Gun)..."You're gonna do WHAT?" Why on earth would you send your PASSPORT anywhere without YOU attached to it? That document provides you...the US Citizen with many rights to travel and enjoy the freedoms we have as American citizens. USCIS does NOT want your passport...copies of the main page plus the stamped pages that show your visits to the country of your SO is all you need to provide. What if you want or need to travel to another country or...even to the country of your SO? How would you do it???? :wacko:

Best wishes on your VISA Journey!!!

Craig

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.