Abio105

Interview evidence ANXIETY!!

13 posts in this topic

Ok, so check out my signature to see my timeline. I have a couple of questions. PLEASE HELP.

1. I am waiting for my EAD and I dont have a SS#. As a result, I haven't been able to get things at home put in my name. I have also been unable to get a joint bank acct OR get on my husband's bank account. So I'm scared that we don't have a lot of evidence to show at the interview (whenever that will be).

2. We got married in a courthouse (we are both under 25, and are students so we can't afford a big wedding yet). We don't have a big wedding album to show. All we have in photos is the few we've taken over the past 4.5 years (where we look obviously younger (and him about 30 lighter).

Without these, what can we do?? My EAD just got approved and I'm waiting to get it. But I was told our interview may be within the next month or two. If we can't get our financial stuff and a lot of photos, what else can we get for the interview?? :unsure:

10/6/06 -- Got Married!!

-----------------------------

7/15/07 -- Sent I130, I485, I765

7/17/07 -- Applications ALL received by USCIS

8/8/07 -- Notice on website saying my notices were sent back as undeliverable

8/11/07 -- Assigned date for biometrics but MISSED it (oh noo)

8/17/07 -- Walked in and was allowed to take biometric (whew!)

8/24/07 -- Lawyer gives me notices for RFE

10/01/07 -- USCIS received RFE. Cases resumed

10/09/07 -- EAD Approval email (YAYYYYYYYYYY!!!)

10/11/07 -- EAD Card Production Ordered (Double YAY)

10/16/07 -- EAD Card Mailed

10/22/07 -- EAD Card ARRIVED!!! SO ECSTATIC!!!

10/29/07 -- Soc Sec. Card issued

1/14/2008 -- INTERVIEW APPROVED!!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: France
Timeline

My wife and I are in a similar situation. We are also young, under 25, and had a small court-house wedding. I was concerned about the same things you are. She got her EAD relatively quickly, but never needed it to open up a bank account. So we've had a joint account up to the time we got married and beyond. I suggest checking with a few banks in your area to see which can help you. What was you're spouses legal status before getting married? If you can't open a bank account with a bank in the area, you may be able to open one with a campus credit union if one is available.

Other things we did:

We opened up a Blockbuster online account. It was easy for them to add my wife's name to the shipping address. So every time I received a DVD, it would say:

Me AND Wife

address

address

Another option that we choose was to open up a VoIP account for a home telephone line. It is WAYYY cheap ($35/month), and allowed us to call her home country for free included in our plan. I also asked them to add her name to the billing contact. So whenever we receive an EMail invoice, it says both of our names. I've been saving invoices for the past few months.

Next thing we did was to purchase a family cell phone plan. Now this costs a lot more than buying individual plans, but we were using it under my name with Sprint up to the time we got married. After getting married, I asked Sprint to add my wife's name onto the second phone line (which was the one she primarily used), and it was no problem. It shows up on the bill as the second number belonging to her.

There are a multitude of little things like this you can do. And I know that people have also gotten their mutual friends to write affidavits attesting to their relationship.

I wish you two the best of luck! You're not alone in the young, unestablished AOS world :)

Our AOS Timeline

06/16/07 -- Our Wedding

06/26/07 -- AOS sent by attorney

07/02/07 -- Receipt of Documents by USCIS

08/01/07 -- Biometrics Completed

08/05/07 -- "Touched"

09/07/07 -- EAD Card Production Ordered!

01/29/08 -- AOS Interview - APPROVED!! [Verbally]

02/06/08 -- Welcome EMail Received

02/11/08 -- Card Production Ordered

02/19/08 -- Card Received!

Our ROC Timeline

11/05/09 -- Initial meeting with attorney to file Removal of Conditions

11/11/09 -- ROC sent by attorney

01/05/10 -- Biometrics Completed

02/16/10 -- Approval

Citizenship

06/13/11 -- N-400 sent by attorney.

06/24/11 -- NOA

07/15/11 -- Biometrics Completed

08/25/11 -- Interview APPROVED

08/31/11 -- Oath Taken! Now a US Citizen!

Passport

09/06/11 -- Passport Application submitted.

09/21/11 -- Passport Book Received!

09/23/11 -- Passport Card and Certificate of Naturalization received.

09/25/11 -- Life after USCIS begins.

av-37579.gif

Be me a little...

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline

We opened a joint acct with his ITIN, then I added him as an authorized user on all my credit cards, made copies of the cards side by side, and I used the letters from my employer showing him on my life and dental insurance. We'd been married 3 months at interview time, and our wedding was small at the courthouse, but we had pictures. The IO didn't even ask to see pictures.

We were fine.

this is the way the world ends

not with a bang but a whimper

[ts eliot]

aos timeline:

married: jan 5, 2007

noa 1: march 2nd, 2007

interview @ tampa, fl office: april 26, 2007

green card received: may 5, 2007

removal of conditions timeline:

03/26/2009 - received in VSC

07/20/2009 - card production ordered!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

You should get a SSN and then you can add your name to his bank accounts, leases etc. - Don't worry about pictures - if you have any take them - we also got married in a court and I took about 10 pictures of the wedding, a little party and then the dinner party afterwards - the interviewer didn't even open the envelope containing them. Good Luck

K1

March 2 Filed I-129 F

July 21 Interview in Bogota ** Approved ** Very Easy!

AOS

Oct 19 Mailed AOS Packet to Chicago

Feb 17 AOS interview in Denver. Biometrics also done today! (Interviewing officer ordered them.)

Apr 25 Green card received

Removal of conditions

March 17 Refiled using new I-751 form

April 16 Biometrics done

July 10 Green card production ordered

Citizenship

Jan 20 filed N400

Feb 04 NOA date

Feb 24 Biometrics

May 5 Interview - Centennial (Denver, Colorado) Passed

June 10 Oath Ceremony - Teikyo Loretto Heights, Denver, Colorado

July 7 Received Passport in 3 weeks

Shredded all immigration papers Have scanned images

Timeline
You should get a SSN and then you can add your name to his bank accounts, leases etc. - Don't worry about pictures - if you have any take them - we also got married in a court and I took about 10 pictures of the wedding, a little party and then the dinner party afterwards - the interviewer didn't even open the envelope containing them. Good Luck

If they filed the I-130, they're probably adjusting from VWP, B1/B2, F1 or some other non-marriage visa and aren't eligible for an SSN until they get the EAD.

[ts eliot]

aos timeline:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

My interview is Nov 21. Have been married since July 1. But I don't have SSN and my EAD should be on its way to me :) then I will go get the SSN and "fix" all the things to get ready for the big day!

However... as far as the bank account goes... here in SF, at WAMU - we opened joint account, using my maiden name! So, I will take to the interview:

1. His bank statements before I arrived showing only his name

2. Statement after my arrival showing both names (my maiden) - we did this as soon as I got here, before marriage

3. Hopefully one statement with both names having my married name. As soon as I get EAD, I will go to SSA and then to the bank to change my name :)

All our utility bills are in husbands name only. But my name was added to all insurance policies, tenant lease and all newly established memberships. Most of my mail comes in married name... online shopping deliveries ;) and family and friends write both our names.

Try not to stress too much over it... many people here say officers don't even bother looking. If they do... you will show what you get by then! Good luck!

I129F process:

20 July '06- I129F filed with CSC (Got a lawyer - BIG MISTAKE... Didn't know of VJ!!!)

28 July '06 - NOA1

08 Dec '06 - NOA2

06 Feb '07 - medical

12 Mar '07 ----- INTERVIEW ----- A P P R O V E D -----

4 Apr '07 - US entry - San Francisco

1 July '07 - MARRIED in SF :)

AOS process (after K-1):

24 July '07 - AOS application received by Chicago Office

09 August '07 - Biometrics appt letter

24 August '07 - RFE for I-485 (incomplete tax info sent!)

28 August '07 - NOA letters for AOS, EAD and AP

29 August '07 - Biometrics

AP - 12 October '07 - hard copy: multiple travel, valid 12 months

EAD - 18 October '07 - hard copy: valid from the date of 1st notice of card production

SSN - 30 October '07 (married name), applied Oct 18, same day I got my EAD

DL - 11 December '07 - driving test at DMV San Francisco. Yay! Now I can drive on the "wrong" side of the road!

21 November '07 - AOS Interview (Letter rec'd Oct 15) ----- A P P R O V E D ----- A P P R O V E D ----- A P P R O V E D -----

07 December '07 - GREENCARD IN MAIL

Peace and quiet... apply for removal of conditions - August 2009!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Oops... "belated" congratulations :):dance:

You've been married for the whole 11 days!!!

I129F process:

20 July '06- I129F filed with CSC (Got a lawyer - BIG MISTAKE... Didn't know of VJ!!!)

28 July '06 - NOA1

08 Dec '06 - NOA2

06 Feb '07 - medical

12 Mar '07 ----- INTERVIEW ----- A P P R O V E D -----

4 Apr '07 - US entry - San Francisco

1 July '07 - MARRIED in SF :)

AOS process (after K-1):

24 July '07 - AOS application received by Chicago Office

09 August '07 - Biometrics appt letter

24 August '07 - RFE for I-485 (incomplete tax info sent!)

28 August '07 - NOA letters for AOS, EAD and AP

29 August '07 - Biometrics

AP - 12 October '07 - hard copy: multiple travel, valid 12 months

EAD - 18 October '07 - hard copy: valid from the date of 1st notice of card production

SSN - 30 October '07 (married name), applied Oct 18, same day I got my EAD

DL - 11 December '07 - driving test at DMV San Francisco. Yay! Now I can drive on the "wrong" side of the road!

21 November '07 - AOS Interview (Letter rec'd Oct 15) ----- A P P R O V E D ----- A P P R O V E D ----- A P P R O V E D -----

07 December '07 - GREENCARD IN MAIL

Peace and quiet... apply for removal of conditions - August 2009!

We opened a joint acct with his ITIN, then I added him as an authorized user on all my credit cards, made copies of the cards side by side, and I used the letters from my employer showing him on my life and dental insurance. We'd been married 3 months at interview time, and our wedding was small at the courthouse, but we had pictures. The IO didn't even ask to see pictures.

We were fine.

We've been to 2 banks trying to open accts, but my lack of a SS# keeps getting in the way. Also, he wrote to his employer that he'd like me to be on his benefits and insurance. We were given the same response. We live in an apartment owned by his uncle so we don't have a lease. I'm just SOOO worried about all these put together. As soon as I get my SS#, I will run around and try to get what I can.

Please, EXACTLY what evidence did you take with you to the interview?

10/6/06 -- Got Married!!

Timeline

We were fine.

We've been to 2 banks trying to open accts, but my lack of a SS# keeps getting in the way. Also, he wrote to his employer that he'd like me to be on his benefits and insurance. We were given the same response. We live in an apartment owned by his uncle so we don't have a lease. I'm just SOOO worried about all these put together. As soon as I get my SS#, I will run around and try to get what I can.

I had a letter from VZBenefits (my employer) showing that he was a beneficiary to my life insurance, and a dependent on my dental insurance. I didn't need an SSN to add him, I added him online and it said I had to call but I didn't call the benefits hotline because he didn't have an SSN but I didn't call until months later after he'd received his SSN, and at that point I just gave them his SSN and all was well. We also had mail we'd received - addressed to both of us, and stuff addressed to us separately but showing the same address. We also had opened a bank account together - he told them he didn't have an SSN but they told us to "give it to them when [he] had it" (this was at Bank of America) but we then received something saying they needed his SSN or ITIN, since he had an ITIN, we supplied it.

I also had credit cards where I added him as an authorized user, so they sent a card in his name. I made copies of the two cards for each account side by side, which showed the same account number. I also had a cell phone bill showing two lines, only had my name though, but they took it...

and that's really about it, for what the IO took for the file. She didn't even want to look at anything else.

[ts eliot]

aos timeline:

We were fine.

I had a letter from VZBenefits (my employer) showing that he was a beneficiary to my life insurance, and a dependent on my dental insurance. I didn't need an SSN to add him, I added him online and it said I had to call but I didn't call the benefits hotline because he didn't have an SSN but I didn't call until months later after he'd received his SSN, and at that point I just gave them his SSN and all was well. We also had mail we'd received - addressed to both of us, and stuff addressed to us separately but showing the same address. We also had opened a bank account together - he told them he didn't have an SSN but they told us to "give it to them when [he] had it" (this was at Bank of America) but we then received something saying they needed his SSN or ITIN, since he had an ITIN, we supplied it.

I also had credit cards where I added him as an authorized user, so they sent a card in his name. I made copies of the two cards for each account side by side, which showed the same account number. I also had a cell phone bill showing two lines, only had my name though, but they took it...

and that's really about it, for what the IO took for the file. She didn't even want to look at anything else.

Thanks a lot!! You've been a ton of help. I'm playing the waiting game right now, expecting my EAD so I can go get my SS#. We will get a bank acct together, I'll be on his insurance benefits, and although he lcosed his credit card, maybe he will reopen it and make me an authorized user. Anything else I can possibly get in the meantime, without the SS#?

10/6/06 -- Got Married!!

Timeline

We were fine.

Thanks a lot!! You've been a ton of help. I'm playing the waiting game right now, expecting my EAD so I can go get my SS#. We will get a bank acct together, I'll be on his insurance benefits, and although he lcosed his credit card, maybe he will reopen it and make me an authorized user. Anything else I can possibly get in the meantime, without the SS#?

Have family send you letters or care packages to show you're receiving mail at the same address he is, if you aren't regular receiving mail there because nothing comes in your name.

Does he have a cell phone? Do you have one on the same plan? If so, call and see if they'll put both names (shouldn't require an SSN to do so). I know the lack of SSN totally restricts you, but another thing I just thought of - do you have a lease? Is your name on it? Again, really good proof (we didn't have it because he'd gotten the lease in his name and never added me...oops...but now we have it and that's solid proof). Does it show you as an occupant? Most places need all occupants listed, I know my MIL is listed on mine and it didn't require her SSN.

[ts eliot]

aos timeline:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Ok, so check out my signature to see my timeline. I have a couple of questions. PLEASE HELP.

1. I am waiting for my EAD and I dont have a SS#. As a result, I haven't been able to get things at home put in my name. I have also been unable to get a joint bank acct OR get on my husband's bank account. So I'm scared that we don't have a lot of evidence to show at the interview (whenever that will be).

2. We got married in a courthouse (we are both under 25, and are students so we can't afford a big wedding yet). We don't have a big wedding album to show. All we have in photos is the few we've taken over the past 4.5 years (where we look obviously younger (and him about 30 lighter).

Without these, what can we do?? My EAD just got approved and I'm waiting to get it. But I was told our interview may be within the next month or two. If we can't get our financial stuff and a lot of photos, what else can we get for the interview?? :unsure:

I don't have SSN either when i had my interview. My husband tried to put me in his bank account but the bank asked for my SSN. We just submitted the health insurance and my husband's 401K (those documents has both our names on it). Thats it and we didn't have a problem and guess what? the Immigration officer didn't even look at what we submitted.

I don't have SSN either when i had my interview. My husband tried to put me in his bank account but the bank asked for my SSN. We just submitted the health insurance and my husband's 401K (those documents has both our names on it). Thats it and we didn't have a problem and guess what? the Immigration officer didn't even look at what we submitted.

Oh wow. So what exact evidence did you submit? And how was your interview experience?

10/6/06 -- Got Married!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.