Toronto/New York

Email sent to MTL today re: interview date

19 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

I sent an email to the Consulate in Montreal today and received a generic email back. My last email to them re: interview date was on Oct. 1/07. In your opinion, will I get an interview date before the beginning of December? it's hard to plan anything - i'm selling my condo and want to choose a closing date. :wacko:

------------------------------------------------

Good Morning Montreal Consulate,

Would you be able to provide an update as to when I might receive the notice of my interview date? Any information would be helpful.

Thank you for your time.

--------------------------------------------------

Reply:

Thank you for your inquiry. If your inquiry concerns a case where the I-130 petition was filed at a U.S. Consulate in Canada, please be aware that there is a high volume of cases waiting to be scheduled for appointments. Resource shortages may delay processing for 4-5 months after we receive notification that you have all of your required documents. Thank you for your patience.

In order to serve applicants faster, we do not respond to inquiries requesting confirmation of receipt of documents or faxes, nor will we be able to answer multiple inquiries about the same issue. Some applicants call on the phone, send an e-mail and a fax to ask the same question or a variation of the question. We have a small number of employees who respond to all the inquiries. It only delays the service we can provide if you make multiple inquiries. We will not respond to multiple e-mail inquiries asking a duplicate question.

If NVC sent you a letter stating that your file is complete and it has been sent to Montreal for scheduling, the file has NOT actually been sent to Montreal but it is waiting at NVC until an appointment can be scheduled. We currently have a 4-5 month wait for scheduling appointments after receipt of the OF-230 part 1. You will receive an appointment letter in the mail when your appointment has been scheduled by NVC. You can expect to receive this appointment letter several weeks before your appointments. Please remember to bring ORIGINAL documents of birth, marriage, divorce certificates, etc.

If your inquiry is regarding processing of an immigrant visa for a case where the petition was filed in the U.S. and it has not been scheduled for an appointment, please send your inquiry directly to the National Visa Center (NVC). To contact NVC, please forward your inquiries by email to: NVCInquiry@state.gov. If you have been informed by USCIS that your petition has been approved and forwarded to the Department of State, please contact NVC directly.

If you are inquiring about a new family member whom you wish to add on to an approved petition stored at NVC, please contact NVC in writing providing petitioner and beneficiary's names and dates of birth, case number, receipt number, and copy of birth certificate. To contact NVC by phone, you must call between 8:00 am-8:45 pm, Monday-Friday, Eastern Standard Time (EST). It may be easier to reach NVC during the morning. Follow the prompts to speak with an operator. Telephone: 603-334-0700. You may also inquire via facsimile - Fax: 603-334-0791.

You can learn more about immigrant visas, in general, and the National Visa Center, in particular, at

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/ty...types_1309.html.

Thank you.

IV Unit Montreal

Darlene & Anthony

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
holy cr@p!

Yeah! I think that is the longest reply anyone has ever received. I hope it doesn't mean there is a 'canned' answer ready and waiting for all emails about interviews now.

Normally it's more like:

Unfortunately we cannot tell you as your case is with the National Visa Center.

You may call them at 603-334-0700. Once they schedule your interview they will then

transfer your file to our office.

Thank you.

I know what you mean though, it is very hard to make moving plans etc when you don't know if your interview is in 2 months or 6 months.

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
holy cr@p!

Yeah! I think that is the longest reply anyone has ever received. I hope it doesn't mean there is a 'canned' answer ready and waiting for all emails about interviews now.

Normally it's more like:

Unfortunately we cannot tell you as your case is with the National Visa Center.

You may call them at 603-334-0700. Once they schedule your interview they will then

transfer your file to our office.

Thank you.

I know what you mean though, it is very hard to make moving plans etc when you don't know if your interview is in 2 months or 6 months.

Exactly - it's hard to plan anything... when to give notice at work, when to sell your place, car, furniture, etc. Hopefully we will all get good news very soon!

Darlene & Anthony

I didn't know that MTL actually sent replys back that long. Well hopefully you'll hear something before the 4-6 month wait like a lot of us had to do.

Here's my K-1 Timeline:

October 2006 - I-129F sent

10/24/2007 - INTERVIEW DATE!!!!!....APPROVED!!

10/30/2007 - Visa in hand!

AOS Timeline:

1/30/08 - Sent AOS pkg Priority Mail with USPS

3/12/08 - Biometrics taken

3/29/08 - EAD and AP in hand for me and my son

5/21/08 - Email-GC on its way!...RFE for my son's application

5/27/08 - GC arrives!!!

7/02/08 - Sons GC arrives!!!

ROC TIMELINE

3/23/10 - ROC sent!

3/29/10 - NOA1

4/22/10 - Biometrics Appt for me and my son

6/30/10 - Email saying card production ordered for me and my son

7/6/10 - Letter in the mail saying cards will arrive within 60 days

7/10/10 - Both cards received!

HOly ####### :blink:

But I do agree about what they say about people calling, e-mailing and writting letters all for the same matter. I do believe it delays a lot.

Still quite shocking that they have that one premade now :blink:

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2faws.gif+3dflags-canqc1-1.gif3Dflags

Removal of Conditions: GC received on 09/17/2009

Application to replace permanent resident cards filed 3/30/2019 (I-90)

Timeline
HOly ####### :blink:

But I do agree about what they say about people calling, e-mailing and writting letters all for the same matter. I do believe it delays a lot.

Still quite shocking that they have that one premade now :blink:

I agree there is no point in calling, emailing and writing - all at the same time - about 1 topic.

However, it's amazing that those 'nasty' clients call on the phone since MTL no longer has a number to call.

Manager:

We have been getting complaints from people that they are not getting answers to their questions.

People who respond to queries:

Those people are calling us on our invisible phones, emailing us and writing to us asking about their interview and are wasting our time - there are only a few of us here and they are duplicating our work!! We will come up with a standard response, this will make it faster for us and will cover all the bases.

Manager:

Ok sounds good!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

You know, all this could be solved by connecting their information system to a website. Just like the USCIS website. This simple login could tell you when the office received your stuff, the approximate waiting times, your interview date, checklist, and it could also tell you not to call or email questions that are already answered by the site. It would save time, people power and a lot of worrying and frustration... I'm more ticked off that they dont have this service than the fact that they make us wait so long.

K1 Visa Journey

Met through an MMORPG: April 2005

Met in person: 9/23/2005

He proposed in front of Buckingham fountain: 8/20/2006

Sent I-129: 12/21/06

NOA1: 12/29/06

Touched: 3/27/06 (Happy belated bday to meee :P)

Received Email that they sent NOA2 yesterday!: 3/28/07

NOA2 in ze mail: 4/2/07

Called NVC to see if they have received the case and they haven't :( 4/13/07 and 4/19/07

NVC sent packet to MTL today! 4/24/07 (took 4 weeks from notice date)

MTL sent packet to my lawyer 5/2/07

Lawyer received Packet 3 finally! 5/17/07

Sent Packet 3 5/22/07

Now on the waiting list for an interview! 5/29/2007

Fiance gets his medical done: 7/16/07

Scheduled for Interview!: 10/24/07

Visa arrives!: 10/26/07

Fiance will be entering US: 1/18/08

Married: 2/4/08

Religious Ceremony: 4/5/08

AOS/EAD

Filling Date for AOS/EAD: 4/19/08

NOA: 5/01/08

Biometrics: 5/21/08

CSC Transfer Date 5/29/08

EAD Approved/Card Ordered 6/30/2008

EAD Card Arrived 7/11/2008

Green Card Production 7/23/2008

Removal of Conditions

Filing Date for RoC: 7/13/2010

Check Cashed: 7/15/2010

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
You know, all this could be solved by connecting their information system to a website. Just like the USCIS website. This simple login could tell you when the office received your stuff, the approximate waiting times, your interview date, checklist, and it could also tell you not to call or email questions that are already answered by the site. It would save time, people power and a lot of worrying and frustration... I'm more ticked off that they dont have this service than the fact that they make us wait so long.

That is something I've thought about myself. I don't understand why they don't institute such a system. :(

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

That is something I've thought about myself. I don't understand why they don't institute such a system. :(

It's the government. For me to program such a system would take a few days at the most and 2 grand. But for the government to do it they need a thinktank, a 100 person consulting firm to find the firm to program it, 9 weeks of planning and development, 2 months of development, 4 weeks of testing and then the budget to get cut and the project to get scrapped.

It's bloat bloat and inefficiency... but hey it's our tax dollars (or spouses anyway) at work.

Current Status
July, 2011 - US Citizen

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hallelujah on that! In today's world, it never ceases to amaze me when I come across a website that doesn't allow some sort of online communication....especially when USCIS and US Consulates are U.S.! :angry:

Adjustment of Status / EAD / AP

Day 000: 2007-12-28 Mailed Application

Day 006: 2008-01-03 "Received Date"

Day 011: 2008-01-08 Biometrics Appt. Letter Received

Day 028: 2008-01-25 Biometrics Appt.

Day 043: 2008-02-09 AOS Notice of Interview received

Day 054: 2008-02-20 AP & EAD Approval Email

Day 059: 2008-02-25 Received AP

Day 060: 2008-02-26 EAD card production ordered

Day 063: 2008-02-29 EAD card received

Day 123: 2008-05-01 AOS Interview in Detroit!

Day 123: 2008-05-01 Approval email notice...same day as Interview!

Day 125: 2008-05-03 Card Production Notice

Day 127: 2008-05-05 Welcome to the USA Letter!

K-1 Visa Approval

Day 000: 2007-02-05 Mailed Application

Day 016: 2007-02-21 NOA1 Date

Day 087: 2007-05-03 NOA2 Date

Day 119: 2007-06-05 Received Packet 3 (Instructions)

Day 123: 2007-06-09 Returned Packet 3

Day 287: 2007-11-08 K-1 Interview at Montreal

Day 293: 2007-11-14 K1 Visa in Hand

Day 296: 2007-11-17 POE

Day 299: 2007-11-20 Wedding on St. Pete Beach, FL

Got the same message. Looks like they just have an autoresponder now. It's appalling, esp. if one has a legitimate question.

- Krazykraut

I sent an email to the Consulate in Montreal today and received a generic email back. My last email to them re: interview date was on Oct. 1/07. In your opinion, will I get an interview date before the beginning of December? it's hard to plan anything - i'm selling my condo and want to choose a closing date. :wacko:

------------------------------------------------

Good Morning Montreal Consulate,

Would you be able to provide an update as to when I might receive the notice of my interview date? Any information would be helpful.

Thank you for your time.

--------------------------------------------------

So sorry to hear about your response T.O./NY...and Trailmix, that was funny. It's great to keep a sense of humour so we don't want to kill people. Ha!

In this day and age, and all the technology that's available, it is a sorry state of affairs to have filers (a good filing system and bar codes to locate whereabouts of said files) not be able to be told exactly how long the wait is.

SpiritAlight edits due to extreme lack of typing abilities. :)

You will do foolish things.

Do them with enthusiasm!!

Don't just do something. Sit there.

K1: Flew to the U.S. of A. – January 9th, 2008 (HELLO CHI-TOWN!!! I'm here.)

Tied the knot (legal ceremony, part one) – January 26th, 2008 (kinda spontaneous)

AOS: Mailed V-Day; received February 15th, 2007 – phew!

I-485 application transferred to CSC – March 12th, 2008

Travel/Work approval notices via email – April 23rd, 2008

Green card/residency card: email notice of approval – August 28th, 2008 yippeeeee!!!

Funny-looking card arrives – September 6th, 2008 :)

Mailed request to remove conditions – July 7, 2010

Landed permanent resident approved – August 23rd, 2010

Second funny looking card arrives – August 31st, 2010

Over & out, Spirit

Timeline
Got the same message. Looks like they just have an autoresponder now. It's appalling, esp. if one has a legitimate question.

- Krazykraut

Do you mean you asked them a question other than - when do I get an interview - and you got the canned answer??

- Krazykraut

Do you mean you asked them a question other than - when do I get an interview - and you got the canned answer??

Yep. I emailed to ask if they had sent off my request for a police check to the U.S. Consulate in New Zealand and got the autoresponse. We'll see if they then take the time to actually send a response to my question...

Met: 2005-10-05 at best friend's wedding in Key West

K1

I-129F Sent : 2006-12-07

I-129F NOA1 : 2006-12-11

I-129F RFE(s) : 2007-03-08

RFE Reply(s) : 2007-04-03

I-129F NOA2 : 2007-04-04

Packet 3 Received : 2007-05-04

Packet 3 Sent : 2007-05-11

Added to MTL Waiting List: 2007-05-17

Medical in Toronto: 2007-08-08

Called MTL: 2007-08-08 - told to expect interview Sept. or Oct.

Emailed MTL on 2007-08-22 INTERVIEW DATE: October 17, 2007 at 9:30am!!!

Delay in processing due to needing a New Zealand Police Certificate

Visa in hand: 2007-12-19

POE at Peace Bridge - Christmas Day, 2007!

Wedding in Las Vegas - February 11, 2008

AOS

AOS Package Sent: 2008-03-04

Packaged Received in Chicago: 2008-03-05

Received NOA1: 2008-03-10

Biometrics Appt: 2008-04-02

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.